• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm not getting double, but only just started checking. Maybe it was the first five levels after reset?

yeah i dont know what happened, not seeing double xp anymore.

maybe it was that well rested buff? but i thought that only applied towards the batllepass and not the artifact...whereas i specifically checked on the artifact

btw 648 million fracto yday. bravo. 2nd biggest day yet. should get an announcement on level 5 reached anytime.

i wasnt sure how it will go since the 18th is the day streamers have been telling people to wait for.

Still, looks like it could easily take as long as two more weeks to hit the last two goals depending. maybe one week if people cut loose on the 18th

Last edited:

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I got Mindbender's with rifled barrel or full choke, appended mag, slideshot and quickdraw. With a shitty stability masterwork.

Is this decent for pvp? I'm thinking the range is too low but I dunno. Am I better off with rifled barrel or full choke?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Crimson Doubles is nothing but Hunters running tether, mindbender's, and invisible crouch. This shit is infuriating.

you forgot double skips

supressor grenades for days

dawnblades and fists of havoc

some dude on a warlock was doing some shit i've never seen, somehow hovering a lot and using something called chaotic fire? and helicoptering with a last dance. he wasnt great but it was tough to beat.

and snipers snipers snipers. anything where there's small teams, like crimson days or survival, feels sweaty as hell and snipers predominate.

oh and sonic and lumi were streaming 5500 comp last night, it was great. sonic is unreal. i didnt see them lose one time, and rarely challenged. imagine running into a 3 stack with sonic and lumi.

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Giving hunters that knife melee was such a fucking mistake

Anyway, time for me to donate.

I dont give a fuck about trials btw.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
some dude on a warlock was doing some shit i've never seen, somehow hovering a lot and using something called chaotic fire? and helicoptering with a last dance. he wasnt great but it was tough to beat.

Top-tree dawnblade eats their grenade for greatly increased hang time and improved in-air accuracy. Celestial Fire is their ranged melee.

I got Mindbender's with rifled barrel or full choke, appended mag, slideshot and quickdraw. [..]Am I better off with rifled barrel or full choke?

Use rifled since you have quickdraw. Probably decent, I'd use it.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I never played crimson doubles before and I'm also not great at crucible. Halfway through the match my teammate just started punching me and shooting at me in anger. Sure the last round I got 4 kills and he got none but he still sent me some hate mail about how I was the worst pvper of all time and I should stick to pve and he feels bad for my friends when trials comes around.

I replied "Ask Bungie to stop tying pve rewards to pvp and I'll gladly stay away. Happy Crimson Days ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤"

And he replied back "Happy Crimson Days❤💞💖💗"

Crimson days really breaking down those walls. I believe I have finally reached the Friendgame.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I never played crimson doubles before and I'm also not great at crucible. Halfway through the match my teammate just started punching me and shooting at me in anger. Sure the last round I got 4 kills and he got none but he still sent me some hate mail about how I was the worst pvper of all time and I should stick to pve and he feels bad for my friends when trials comes around.

I replied "Ask Bungie to stop tying pve rewards to pvp and I'll gladly stay away. Happy Crimson Days ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤"

Crimson days really breaking down those walls. I believe I have finally reached the Friendgame.

Gold.

In D1 I just ran out of bounds at the start of every match.... had to get them ghost shells.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
if I 100% Crimson Days last Year in 2019, what's the point of 2020's edition?

besides the Sparrows, there is nothing new to chase. I already have a curated Vow bow

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, if you've done everything from previous Crimson Days the only new thing you can get are the dual-sparrows.

I guess the extra 400 (1200 across 3 characters) bright dust you can earn from the weeklies. That has to be enough for... something?

But the bright dust economy is fine. You have nothing to worry about

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

i almost sent some too. We HADDDDDD this round like 5-4, with maybe 10 seconds left, in a standoff. This IDIOT TM decides to challenge them and peek his head out for NOOOOOO reason, gets domed, 5-5, we go on to lose the round. I couldn't even focus after that. it's the worst, idiots that have to be aggressive at all times because they're 12-16 years old and cant sit still for 2 seconds i guess.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
bungie just set the next fractaline goal at 6 billion. double all the fractaline donated so far.

six.

let that sink in.

sigh. they really will not let this end early.

jokeeeeeee.

last week we were getting 100m donated PER DAY. That means almost zero progress will be made all week. The only big days are reset days.

I swear, I'm tempted to quit this game.

Nov 14, 2017
Not sure what you want to hear. Bungie is a AAA game developer, they're not my friends. They aren't special. They fucked up and I was inconvenienced for it.

Imagine if this happened in other aspects of your life. If your power or car just stopped working all day. It's no different.
This actually does happen all the time in other aspects of our lives, often with much more serious consequences. The only reason it doesn't happen with safety critical infrastructure is because that software is usually developed with formal methods, where the the operation of the system is proven mathematically. You can't make games like that.

I remember when everyone was taking the piss out of Bungie because of that story about how they had to leave their editor open overnight to move a rock when developing D1. I'm sure there was probably a time during the dev of D1 where that was the case, but I don't see it as a big deal. I've worked using systems that were more broken for longer with more serious consequences for people's lives. Making software is hard. You cannot guarantee code is free from bugs.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
why are you butthurt over ... trials? this? thing? haha

i just came back for my stupid seal.

theyre dragging that out 4 extra weeks, minimum.

i dunno, i just got excited maybe they would let this end soon, since the stage 5 goal was so reasonable. should have known better. they're not letting anything end soon. i guess until the next season or nearly, as we knew all along.

Oct 25, 2017
bungie just set the next fractaline goal at 6 billion. double all the fractaline donated so far.

six.

let that sink in.

jokeeeeeee.

last week we were getting 100m donated PER DAY. That means almost zero progress will be made all week. The only big days are reset days.

It was plainly obvious this was running until the end of the current season.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It was plainly obvious this was running until the end of the current season.

then why have a pretend contest/thingy/whatever this is at all...pretending as if we have agency in the matter.

when i said it was rigged i was mocked. now it was "plainly obvious". ok.

whatever, i'm not gonna beat it to death. just disappointed in that 6 bil goal stage 6.

to be fair, we hit 3bil in about 8 days. and fracto donations could accelerate based on how much is invested (we dont really know that, though).

but also to be fair, the 8 days includes two resets where the bulk is donated. so it will be almost two more weeks to hit two more resets. yep, probably will be on the February 25th reset that we hit stage 6. which is how they planned it :/ When does the new season start? People are speculating a 7 or 77777 goal for stage 7. But that might be too low. Is the season reset March 3? If so, yep, we will hit stage 7 exactly between Feb 25 and March 3. LOLOLOLOLL. nothing we did changed that.

hopefully i'm wrong and donations will begin to trend higher due to investment. kinda doubt it though. this week reset was lower than week 1 reset for example. bungie probably even knows how much is invested and planned accordingly.

if they want people to care it should be a real contest, that we could finish early. or not finish at all (in which case they'd obviously say "good try community, here's our next thing unveiling anyway! no big deal)...

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Even Crimson doubles is sweaty.

source.gif

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

six.

let that sink in.

jokeeeeeee.

we should all stop donating so we dont hit their goal. That'll show them. Its not like they just wouldnt give us trials anyways lol

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
should have double the donations since most of us did it twice because of the rollback, also I want my rocket launcher you assholes. Got it in 8 before rollback and nothing in 40 after...

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm never gonna get sub + dragon fly JKQ3

burned 10k fractaline on this roll and got every permutation of dragonfly, rampage, swash but that one. Side note: swash or rampage for a HC in pve? Dreams-Visions

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Man glad i did that doubles stuff last time with a few friends (that no longer play the game)

will see if i can do some bounties or just not give fuck during those matches.

Also is Hallowed Lair an ordeal or Normal nightfall

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Man glad i did that doubles stuff last time with a few friends (that no longer play the game)

will see if i can do some bounties or just not give fuck during those matches.

Also is Hallowed Lair an ordeal or Normal nightfall
Normal, and for future weeks and ease can use the 'This Week' page for a quick summary:
braytech.org

Braytech

Destiny 2 character progression, clans, triumphs, collections, and more. Braytech is a Destiny fan site that allows users to view and map checklists, track and view triumphs, inspect collectibles, and so much more.

Dec 2, 2017
I'm never gonna get sub + dragon fly JKQ3

burned 10k fractaline on this roll and got every permutation of dragonfly, rampage, swash but that one. Side note: swash or rampage for a HC in pve? Dreams-Visions

I'm not D-V, but I'd always go Swashbuckler. They both max at +33%, but Swash lets you slap an add and then get right to using it on a boss/major, you don't have to rely on 3 soft targets being immediately available.

But more importantly, it lasts on its own as long as rampage + rampage spec does, so you don't need to use up the mod slot for that.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not D-V, but I'd always go Swashbuckler. They both max at +33%, but Swash lets you slap an add and then get right to using it on a boss/major, you don't have to rely on 3 soft targets being immediately available.

But more importantly, it lasts on its own as long as rampage + rampage spec does, so you don't need to use up the mod slot for that.
You're right, I knew all that, it's just the melee caveat is a pain to me, but admittedly the perk is better in nearly every way. With subsistence blossomed into its full potential it's pretty much the go to pve perk to have a with damage perk if you're not running a drop mag/demo/damage perk combo (which is imo best). JKQ3 cannot roll with drop mag, which puts a demo swash or sub swash roll as best.

Dec 2, 2017
You're right, I knew all that, it's just the melee caveat is a pain to me, but admittedly the perk is better in nearly every way. With subsistence blossomed into its full potential it's pretty much the go to pve perk to have a with damage perk if you're not running a drop mag/demo/damage perk combo (which is imo best). JKQ3 cannot roll with drop mag, which puts a demo swash or sub swash roll as best.

This is mine, I really like it:

screenshot2020-02-12adpkba.png

Got to be the best thing I've gotten out of this event. With the alloy mag the reload is not that bad, if I run Ophidians it's borderline outlaw speed. But without anything the reload speed's not terrible, but not that great.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
People are speculating about who is osiris is talking to at the end of the season, Toland or Rasputin.

You guys better fucking hope is Rasputin, I fucking want Year 3 versions of Random rolled Ikelos Weapons with mod slot.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worthy reminds of only of Calus. I have a feeling we will never see Rasputin again.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
:(

I thoroughly love the Warmind + Rasputin lore / idea. It's a great "playspace" of ideas.

And I love my Ikky shotty ;)
I thought Rasputin was awesome until I played Warmind. I have a distinct feeling wathever cool lore part Bungie brings to actual story cutscenes will always get ruined.

I hope we never get Savathun lol

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
The top ten Investors have a combined resonance of 5 million.
Investors warming my hearth.

I think as people realize that invesing is the way to go, more and more people will invest, and less and less will donate.
Then the 18th will hit, and suddently there will be a 3 Billion donation day.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people in the Destiny app create a Fireteam-wait for a full group-and then never invite anyone to the game. I don't get it.

And fuck Crimsom Doubles. Shits infuriating

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
This weapon roll has been really good pvp.

Truesight/Richochet/Subsistence/Swashbuckler/MW Range

sGkd1yv.png

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
JQK can roll with subsistence?

How come no one told me?

I've been out here faring Infinite paths like a dumb dumb.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
JQK can roll with subsistence?

How come no one told me?

I've been out here faring Infinite paths like a dumb dumb.
Nobody told you because everybody goes to light.gg to check out each new weapon and its rolls lol. You should really check out Light.gg whenever theres new weapons added to database.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

six.

let that sink in.

jokeeeeeee.

Why is this stressing you out at all? Just ignore it completely and play as much as you feel like...

Status
Not open for further replies.