• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
"Undying" just sounds cool even if it's not going to impress anyone. "Enlightened" sounds sick as well but all those raid triumphs for completing encounters with certain subclasses, clan members, etc. are hella tedious

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
th

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The top ten Investors have a combined resonance of 5 million.
Investors warming my hearth.

I think as people realize that invesing is the way to go, more and more people will invest, and less and less will donate.
Then the 18th will hit, and suddently there will be a 3 Billion donation day.

it isnt the way to go, the more people invest the more they will just raise the goals to make sure we dont reach it too fast.

nothing you do matters so just do whatever you feel like. ive been getting those rolls and xp. even that is tiresome because of the long button presses, broken tower fly in, convoluted mechanics, (fly to shore, repeatedly press button to buy simulation seed, buy glimmer, fly back to tower, buy light infused fract, slowly deposit it while getting annoying engrams that overload your inventory and you have to stop and clean up every couple,)etc. aka bungo being bungo.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I pulled my 18K fractaline and donated about 10K while doing the timelost weapons bounties and holy shit this is boring. I've got most of the rolls I'd want and honestly I can't see myself spending anymore time doing this. Godspeed to those lunatics who will be donating hundreds of thousands of fractaline.

yup, they literally made the whole thing as difficult as possible. probably not on purpose, just the whole game is built on bailing wire at this point.

why no batch donate or quick button presses? why do i have to wait five minutes for the ui to clear up when infusing my obelisks?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i swear i saw pyro players getting two rockets a pull in crimson days a few times though, am i crazy? certain combo of perks? never noticed it in any other mode.

even at that i'd rather have one wardcliff shot than two from a generic launcher probably.

also bows are so annoying in crucible. even before the vow dropped i felt like theyre becoming more prevalent. so annoying in a team shot environment especially with snipers also around. if you get snipers and bows together teamshotting its body shot kill city. and they encourage the kind of sneaky playstyle i hate. the worst though, is 12 year old crouching around with jotunn all game...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
My Dredgen brothers and sisters out here drinking your milkshakes.
Only 14,000 Harbingers out there? Fascinating. I expected Unbroken to be the rarest title, but it's damn near in the middle.

i swear i saw pyro players getting two rockets a pull in crimson days a few times though, am i crazy? certain combo of perks? never noticed it in any other mode.

even at that i'd rather have one wardcliff shot than two from a generic launcher probably.
Maybe regular rocket launchers get more rockets than Coil. In fact, I'd assume so.

try a regular RL in your next match and report back.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a guide to this whole fractaline donate/invest thing? I have 2000-ish and just want to get 5000 for the triumph/seal

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a guide to this whole fractaline donate/invest thing? I have 2000-ish and just want to get 5000 for the triumph/seal

You get fractaline every week based on your Resonance Level (all the levels from each obelisk combined). You dump all that 2000 into the obelisks (not the tower!) and get it back plus some the next week.

You could just buy the "light infused fractaline" which automatically levels up obelisks, which helps give you more fractaline next week.

Also do tower bounties + saint bounties for some extra fractaline.

5000 should be easy to do imo

When people say INVEST = they mean dump into the obelisks / Resonance Level

When people say DONATE = they mean dump into the tower obelisk

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
From the twab

Changing an armor Affinity type will cost 1 Upgrade Module. If your armor is already upgraded to a higher energy level, the cost will be the total upgrade materials necessary to reach that energy value plus 1 Upgrade Module.

so if I have a mw armor its gonna cost me a shit ton of glimmer, shards, cores, bananas, golf ball and a module?

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
From the twab

Changing an armor Affinity type will cost 1 Upgrade Module. If your armor is already upgraded to a higher energy level, the cost will be the total upgrade materials necessary to reach that energy value plus 1 Upgrade Module.

so if I have a mw armor its gonna cost me a shit ton of glimmer, shards, cores, bananas, golf ball and a module?
Yes.
The thinking is probably that they are conceding by allowing affinity to be swapped, but make it expensive enough as to where its still a better idea to have a set of each affinity.
At least it means once you have a set with good stats, it wont be a waste to get other good pieces of that element.

Seasonal Mod Slot being all seasonal mods is good too.

Also means if you have an exotic of the wrong affinity but good stats you can change it, which is easier than hoping for a random drop of a specifc exotic with both good stats and right affinity.

basically, come implementation of these changes, you just need to get 2 sets of good armor, and if needed change them to arc/solar, so they complete the trifecta of elements with the freeby void set from the season pass.

Then people can finally go back to saying there is noting to do in the game, since they have their 3 armor sets, meaning all other armor is meaningless.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The Elemental Affinity and Seasonal Mod change are great. Now I can delete all my shitty armor yay

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
From the twab

This is good news for inventory management - but that "cost" to switch already high level armor is dumb.
I want one suit of armor that I can switch the affinity on as needed - like Hard Light

also:
We also received a lot of suggestions on how to improve Seasonal mods. Starting next Season, the Seasonal armor mod socket (e.g. Undying Mods, Dawn Mods) will also be able to use mods released during the Seasons before and after the armor piece was released.

For example, armor with a mod socket from Season of Dawn can now equip Dawn Mods, Undying Mods from Season of the Undying, and [Redacted] Mods (from Season of [Redacted])

fucking finally. At least someone is listening to feedback.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
but that "cost" to switch already high level armor is dumb.
Its pretty clear that the cost of switching MW armor is there to still make having a set of each affinity worth it.
If Switching was free/cheap, it would instantly kill any reason to get any armor at all, since everybody interested in getting high stat armor has the set from the seasonpass.

The Mod change is what cuts down on inventory, since you now need at most 3 full sets of MW armor, as opposed to 3 full sets per season.

They are balancing convinience for the player with giving reason to grinding, the compromise seems fair imo.
There is a clear path after which no new armor needs to be farmed, but its not so trivialized that its just gone immediately.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Amazing improvements coming next season. Finally mods in the season can be equipped anywhere and affinity change is coming. Solstice still not on ornaments list but this is a start.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I don't know I'd personally just get rid of the armor affinity system, let me put the mods where I want.
It doesn't add anything to the game, it's just an extra layer of frustration and without the ability to save loadouts in game it makes me ignore the whole armor system. this changes almost nothing for me.

the seasonal mod slot change on the other hand is great

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Only golf balls I ever get are from the season pass so looks like I'm sol. Everything cost way to much in destiny, sliver, dust, mats, it's all crazy. Can't imagine what new light players do.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Please stop matching me against stacks in Gambit, I just want to do my bounties in peace and piss off

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't know I'd personally just get rid of the armor affinity system, let me put the mods where I want.
It doesn't add anything to the game, it's just an extra layer of frustration and without the ability to save loadouts in game it makes me ignore the whole armor system. this changes almost nothing for me.

the seasonal mod slot change on the other hand is great

think that's the point of destiny...

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I dont have infinite shards and planet mats like people here seem to say, and i managed to masterwork close to 2 armor sets by now, having done exactly one master nightfall, not getting a golfball out of it.

with the changes coming up, i will have the stuff to fully MW 3 sets once i get the golfballs from next seasons pass.
And that with basically no ressource/shard/mats accumulated before shadowkeep launched, getting most of it from season pass.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Only 14,000 Harbingers out there? Fascinating. I expected Unbroken to be the rarest title, but it's damn near in the middle.

Maybe regular rocket launchers get more rockets than Coil. In fact, I'd assume so.

try a regular RL in your next match and report back.

i thought everything pulled one always. from the wall anyway. actually, i hadnt thought about it all in a while. with RL scavengers didnt you used to be able to get two off ground bricks? but they changed it? Anyways, I thought it was always one now, but again I swear people were getting two the other day with Pyro in Crimson Days.

In other new this guy was doing well with a sidearm and sniper the other day against me, so well i had to investigate his loadout. He was using revoker, but it looked all cool, he had an ornament on it called "king in all directions". That just sounds cool. And a shader called "amethyst Veil". Also sounds cool. i figured i'd replicate his revoker look. Turns out I didnt have these in my inventory, even though I SWEAR i had heard of amethyst veil before, felt like i dismantled it before. And then the ornament, only from eververse and you cant buy it anymore. I didnt even know it was possible to not be able to buy things from eververse. 6 yrears of playing this game and I had no idea.

also just ran into a guy slaying out with recluse on console post nerf and redrix claymore, ran a 5.14 efficiency. almost sent him some love mail. i can appreciate that loadout, not jotunn or some shit...

Last edited:

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I think we all knew it was only a matter of time before they folded on the affinity bullshit. It happened sooner than I thought it would.

Dec 2, 2017
On the earlier topic of titles, what do you all think about this ranking?

If you want to skip the video,

Datto's Community (Flawless raid clears heavily weighted, does not factor RNG or time):

S++: Unbroken
S+: Rivensbane, Shadow
S: Enlightened
A: Reckoner, Harbinger, Blacksmith
B: MMXIX
C: Seasonal Titles, Cursebreaker
D: Chronicler, Dredgen
Smile-tier: Wayfarer

Datto (Based on his personal experience. Heavily weights his distaste for Gambit Prime. Does factor RNG & time):

S++: Reckoner
S+: Unbroken
S: Rivensbane, Shadow
A: Blacksmith, Hanrbinger
B: Seasonal Titles, MMXIX, Enlightened
C: Wayfarer, Chromnicler, Cursebreaker
D: Dredgen

Community Vote Based on Coolness of Name (666 total votes):

Shadow: 22%
Unbroken: 16%
Harbinger: 10%
Rivensbane: 9%
Undying/Blacksmith: 8%
Enlightened: 7%
Reckoner/Cursebreaker: 5%
Chronicler: 4%
Dredgen: 3%
Wayfarer/MMXIX: 1%

For what it's worth, I wouldn't rate anybody's title as easy. They each take more work than most entire single player games.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
So Cozmo clarified on reddit and the seasonal mod slot on armor only applies to last season, the current season, and the next season.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
So Cozmo clarified on reddit and the seasonal mod slot on armor only applies to last season, the current season, and the next season.

Ugh, why do make this more complicated. I still have the same problem of needing to keep Shadowkeep armour and not being to use that armour for nothing else next season. Like with the affinity swapping, they do the right thing but then ruin it with the total upgrade cost being tacked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.