• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
I did it by just going to Hellas Basin & running those kill enemies & collect items patrols in Escalation Protocol as the last thing I did before signing off every night. You can get one or two nodes in a couple of minutes that way. Eventually I was able to clear all 44 nodes too.

Thanks. I want to start getting some exotic catalysts done so I might search for nodes while getting those done too. I've got about 200 stems so should be alright for a while. I think I remember hearing something about going to orbit after each node to improve the chances of getting a one you haven't had before, but I'm not sure if that was bollocks.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Titles with raid associations just means you have a steady clan to play with.

Impressive, but wholly circumstantial.
I LFG 99% of the time and have all but...maybe 2 titles?

The only titles that you don't need a squad of competent, regular players for is Chronicler, Dregen, Wayfarer, and some of the recent ones, right? All the Raid ones + crucible require you to crew up with competent players with rare exception.

Oct 25, 2017
SOTP flawless is genuinely on the easier side of things. It's an easy raid in general, so the flawless is handy enough if everyone knows what they're doing. The people I ran it with had no bottle to do the sparrow flawless, so I kicked them all apart from one and we done that together and invited them back in after it was done.

Saying all that, I love Scourge. It's one of my favourite raids.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still havent done most of the raids :( Only did Leviathan OG and the last encounter of Last Wish with the cheese.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Only did ... the last encounter of Last Wish with the cheese
SlUPWTz.gif

Dec 2, 2017
Thanks. I want to start getting some exotic catalysts done so I might search for nodes while getting those done too. I've got about 200 stems so should be alright for a while. I think I remember hearing something about going to orbit after each node to improve the chances of getting a one you haven't had before, but I'm not sure if that was bollocks.
The area of the node you get is tied to which area of Mars you're in when you combine the stems. If you do it from orbit, it can be any random area. I did that for a while but using specific areas to combine in was way more efficient.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its the only group I found that was doing Raids! I didnt do it by choice! :(

I also did the first Raid lair with Faces I believe.

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing some Crimson Doubles yesterday to do the triumphs, and I kept getting matched with this poor Unbroken guy that was clearly getting mad at me only being slightly above average at PVP. I'm still blaming getting used to the back button attachment.

SOTP flawless is genuinely on the easier side of things. It's an easy raid in general, so the flawless is handy enough if everyone knows what they're doing. The people I ran it with had no bottle to do the sparrow flawless, so I kicked them all apart from one and we done that together and invited them back in after it was done.

Saying all that, I love Scourge. It's one of my favourite raids.

Yeah, it's the sparrow thing that seems the hardest at this point. I've only done the raid 6 times, but I still haven't actually completed that encounter yet.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
The armor systems drives me insane tbh, you can't really make builds without hording millions of armor pieces. I can't influence anything, the inventory management is a mess. All in all I feel very uncomfortable while thinking about armor and it kills a bit of fun.
The seasonal mod change is also half baked. I don't want to hord 5million pieces of armor, it's messy

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing some Crimson Doubles yesterday to do the triumphs, and I kept getting matched with this poor Unbroken guy that was clearly getting mad at me only being slightly above average at PVP. I'm still blaming getting used to the back button attachment.

Yeah, it's the sparrow thing that seems the hardest at this point. I've only done the raid 6 times, but I still haven't actually completed that encounter yet.
The sparrow section is really simple, but stupid fun. I'd run Scourge any day for how fun the entire raid is, minus the loot.

I beat Sotp in the days of rally, lune-Wells. I'm sure new tactics have emerged.
Nope, still same tactics. And you can still easily melt the boss.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Everything is > jumping sections in this game...I hate it to death and I do die often because of it.
I've hated jumping sections since Vault of Glass. I'm so bad at them that I've never even attempted the Whisper mission because I'll never figure it out in time to even get to the shooting parts.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'm on the other side of it since I've yet to ever really do a raid, but I love any of the jumping stuff and have gotten into completed raid areas/done as much as I could in a raid zone alone just to explore and jump around. Exploration and movement ability is tops.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never finished that sparrow race but have gotten the chest every time due to other capable riders.

I think the closest i've gotten was the area before the final jump to where the chest is.

Nov 14, 2017
I find it very hard to see the appeal of Destiny 2. I'm very curious about what keeps people playing this game.

Currently I'm co-oping through the game with a friend and it is fun. The gunplay is nice and the worlds look good (though the art style is rather generic). Though the story might as well not exist, it's so boring. The loot game is very underwhelming. And the open world bits are fun for a couple of minutes before they become a drag. Also, it's very easy so far, we've encountered zero challenge.

The only thing that keeps me somewhat interested in the franchise is that it's created by Bungie. There remains a glimmer of hope that they can bring the magic of Halo to the Destiny franchise. But so far they haven't even come close. If it weren't for Bungie, I probably would never have given Destiny a chance.

Edit: This game is also baffling bad at introducing new players to the world. It starts with the boring ass Destiny 1 intro. Only to drop you into the game afterwards with no clear objective. It took use a couple of hours (and Googling what the hell we were supposed to do) to find the hidden character you need to talk to to actually start the campaign. Which then actually starts the proper intro to the story which is a whole lot more engaging...
Destiny will never be like Halo. It's a completely different kind of game.

The New Light experience does sound confusing from what I've heard of it tho.

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
D2-snip-short.gif

love me some Crimson doubles, went on a little tear tonight lol. Bubble strats. Also don't feel bad rocking OEM as the person running directly at me with HHSN gets in on the collateral...

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Has Bungie commented on the tower load length? It's faster to load in from leftmost landing point and run to the center than it is to use the center landing point.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
I got the crimson secret triumph but I cant get the vigilance wing or twintails though...
The vigilance wing is to get 2 revenge kills while you have VW equipped and and the twin tails is to land a double kill. I got them both within a few games. But god twintails is fucking garbage and it takes a lot of luck.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
ok, this is fucking bullshit. I play forge or the sundial...and I'm always match alone. what the fucking fuck? How can there be no people playing it?

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Unless you're new to gaming, I still cannot comprehend those who are "bad" at jumping. Is it a depth perception issue? Spacial awareness? Anxiety? I don't get it. Especially in D2 since you can mantle, which makes jumping infinitely easier.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
ok, this is fucking bullshit. I play forge or the sundial...and I'm always match alone. what the fucking fuck? How can there be no people playing it?

I get matched solo all the time in the forge on xbox and ps4. Usually takes a round to get enough people. Never happened on sundial but haven't played it since don't need it for weapons anymore, donating is faster.

Unless you're new to gaming, I still cannot comprehend those who are "bad" at jumping. Is it a depth perception issue? Spacial awareness? Anxiety? I don't get it. Especially in D2 since you can mantle, which makes jumping infinitely easier.

I still wiff warlock jumps once in a while. Sucks getting a bit of air before the jump and you just sputter to your death. Hunter and Titans much easier for me at least.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I just completed the first campaign which frankly was glorious, loved every second of it.
Trying to complete some side quests before starting the new campaign.

I have 3 remaining questions about the game (which as awesome as it is it's really damn confusing at first).

1) While almost all missions were solo, in some places there were other real people playing. I'm ok with that and in some mission that really enhanced the 'warfare' experience but I wonder if that's normal or if I selected something wrong.

2) How the hell do I change my character appearance. I mean HIS FACE (not the equipement). The face you see during cutscenes (because you always wear current helmet when gaming). I did that when I created the first Titan but I would like to change it (I was in a hurry and it's ugly).

3) To keep things simple, I always selected JUST the Red War icon (the red one) to just follow the story.
But during gameplay every like 30 seconds I always got the message 'You have a new quest' with a blue icon highlighting. I went to the quest panel, selected all of them then de selected them all...but that still happens and it's annoying. Is it normal?

Thanks!!!

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
I had that problem and realized I had a restricted NAT on my Xbox. Opened it and that fixed the problem. Not sure if that helps?

Oct 28, 2017
I just completed the first campaign which frankly was glorious, loved every second of it.
Trying to complete some side quests before starting the new campaign.

I have 3 remaining questions about the game (which as awesome as it is it's really damn confusing at first).

1) While almost all missions were solo, in some places there were other real people playing. I'm ok with that and in some mission that really enhanced the 'warfare' experience but I wonder if that's normal or if I selected something wrong.

2) How the hell do I change my character appearance. I mean HIS FACE (not the equipement). The face you see during cutscenes (because you always wear current helmet when gaming). I did that when I created the first Titan but I would like to change it (I was in a hurry and it's ugly).

3) To keep things simple, I always selected JUST the Red War icon (the red one) to just follow the story.
But during gameplay every like 30 seconds I always got the message 'You have a new quest' with a blue icon highlighting. I went to the quest panel, selected all of them then de selected them all...but that still happens and it's annoying. Is it normal?

Thanks!!!

1: You don't pick this. Some missions you'll go into play areas where other people are on the same mission, or they're just doing general patrol stuff. Others are fully solo.

2: You can never change your face after its set.

3: You're gonna have a billion quest icons trying to grab your attention in the game because you're new and theres a billion things to do.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D2-snip-short.gif

love me some Crimson doubles, went on a little tear tonight lol. Bubble strats. Also don't feel bad rocking OEM as the person running directly at me with HHSN gets in on the collateral...
I don't understand how the Titan (background) dies first before the Warlock (foreground), all from a single sniper shot. This can only be attributed to lag, right?

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I get matched solo all the time in the forge on xbox and ps4. Usually takes a round to get enough people. Never happened on sundial but haven't played it since don't need it for weapons anymore, donating is faster.
I got matched to the forge solo. I solo it for 3 rounds and with 30 secs left to the timer of the final round then it managed to get 2 other teammates, needless to say I failed the forge. Then the Sundial good lord, it was just me and the one other guy for the whole time from the start to the finish when we beat the Inotam, literally nobody joined in.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I got matched to the forge solo. I solo it for 3 rounds and with 30 secs left to the timer of the final round then it managed to get 2 other teammates, needless to say I failed the forge. Then the Sundial good lord, it was just me and the one other guy for the whole time from the start to the finish when we beat the Inotam, literally nobody joined in.

wonder if people stopped playing because of the donation thing?

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who's kind of a completionist and had pretty much everything (exotics, shaders, ..) in D1, but started playing D2 only a few weeks ago.. The best thing I did was to simply accept that I won't have everything, and that I don't need to. I missed out on years of content. I will never have all the old stuff. I'm not willing anymore to put in the time and effort to "catch up" with everyone who's been playing since launch.
But that's alright. I'll just play whatever activity I feel like, and see how much stuff I get. Maybe it'll be different with D3, if I get it at launch.

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how the Titan (background) dies first before the Warlock (foreground), all from a single sniper shot. This can only be attributed to lag, right?

No clue, I remember my teammate was rounding the corner from the other side and was like wait where'd the other guy go as I was laughing my ass off. I'm still confused by it haha.

Edit- I looked at the clip by frame, the first name that comes up in the kill feed is the warlock, but my shot looks like it goes off on the titan first. I assume then that the warlock player was lagging or something.

Dec 2, 2017
I still wiff warlock jumps once in a while. Sucks getting a bit of air before the jump and you just sputter to your death. Hunter and Titans much easier for me at least.

Always use strafe glide. For everything. Burst glide does absolutely nothing except make it hard to maneuver, that's the mistake most people seem to be making when they think warlock jumping is hard. And run Attunement of Sky, you can eat your grenade & glide forever, and you have Icarus Dash to bail you out if you need it. Also, look straight down when landing, you can point your gun straight at what you want to float down onto.

Though a lot of people seem to think otherwise, warlock jumping is the easiest & most forgiving in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.