• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they don't nerf Contraverse too hard because of some crutchlocks. Thing is one of my favorite PVE exotics with vortex grenade.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Lol exactly i honestly thought he was joking... I've been killed by so many knives while sniping it's ridiculous

Dont see it much. Matter of fact cant remember a time recently and I played crucible all day. Too be 100% fair, it's not like I'm getting shoulder charged and nova'd 100's of times a match, and my playstayle would be very passive but, yeah. Where I noticed a ton of Nova was IB last week for whatever reason.

Hunter knives are not nearly in the other two's class. Like I said, i dont care. Bungie has the data showing hunters are preferred/highest usage already due to jumping ability, so they likely have to keep the hunter neutral game and supers on a short leash, to make it not total domination. I just dont like to admit that when I'm doing a hunter rant.

Handheld Supernova changes were a long time coming (and I say that as a Warlock main). Just glad 1.) its not being nerfed completely into oblivion, and 2.) The Nova Warp super is getting buffed because HOLY SHIT is it the worst super in the game by far (which you still picked anyway because Handheld Supernova was just THAT good).

Feel like Nova warp is already ok and the buff is going to make it OP again. Shrug. This is more from playing against it not using it though. I know when I was trying "kill 20 dudes with your super" PVE bounties on my lock it did feel trash, but then again I dont know how to use it.

Finally, I wonder why bottom strider has the highest win rates. I noticed that on Guardian.gg too so I switched too it. I dont really see a ton of upsides and the super is just awful. Has like 3.3 second run time, so easily gunned down or just outrun. I had to switch back to spectral blades. Once in a while with blades you will pull off 4-5 kills. You will never do that with arcstrider.

The arcbolt grenades are better, they can reach out and actually get grenades kills on low health guys. Vs the void ball nade, which is just kind of a doorway denial thing mostly IMO. Plus arcbolts seem to have a shorter throw distance somehow. Too me the stronger super on Spectral outweighs the rare time I'll get a arcbolt cleanup kill. So in conclusion, I really dont get why bottom tree arcstrider is strong. But I should look at the perks again.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like Nova warp is already ok and the buff is going to make it OP again. Shrug. This is more from playing against it not using it though. I know when I was trying "kill 20 dudes with your super" PVE bounties on my lock it did feel trash, but then again I dont know how to use it.

Nah, its crap. The only time it ever works properly is against solo players/people who don't realize how crap it is. Players who know their shit just get together and team shot your ass within seconds because you're weak as kitten, and if they have Vorpal weapon even one person can now burn you down long before you get in range of them.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Whew that was a quick fucking turnaround. But kudos to Bungie for listening to the uproar and not stubbornly sticking to their very stupid guns or anything.

Eventually setting a power level cap for Trials/Iron Banner is actually the most friendly thing to do (while doing some form of power matters in order to gate out guns). Since it'll let people use artifact levels to make up the difference re: pinnacle gear since not everyone's in a position to be able to grind most sources of that.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Ya'll were right about the Gambit emblem. went from 0% guardians killed to 100% finished (so 100 guardians total murdered) inside of 5 Gambit matches.

47 of the frags was with my new sniper rifle. the rest were with a mix of Randy's and Xenophage. All of which were pretty gross for this particular task.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
47 of the frags was with my new sniper rifle.
Which out of curiosity?
God roll Trophy Hunter?

Also kudos for keeping on posting videos on gun intricacies. Have never paid too much mind to it outside of where I felt the meta was restrictive in general play but getting into it more with specific weapon grinds becoming more accessible, even if just as a focus for what to be paying attention to.

Last edited:

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
Tripmines were the most satisfying grenades in OG destiny i may have to actually dust off my hunter again just for that.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Which out of curiosity?
God roll Trophy Hunter?

Also kudos for keeping on posting videos on gun intricacies. Have never paid too much mind to it outside of where I felt the meta was restrictive in general play but getting into it more with specific weapon grinds becoming more accessible, even if just as a focus for what to be paying attention to.
oh, no this one

SG1Ra6d.png

It was at 0 when the night began. 5 or 6 matches later, done. I haven't PvP'd in well over a month so the rust makes it too difficult for me to evaluate it relative to my favorites (Twilight Oath, Supremacy, Revoker) as my aim felt off/fidgety, but clearly it was quite capable as a weapon for killing Guardians. First roll I got with snapshot, after 50+ raid runs.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
oh, no this one

SG1Ra6d.png

It was at 0 when the night began. 5 or 6 matches later, done. I haven't PvP'd in well over a month so the rust makes it too difficult for me to evaluate it relative to my favorites (Twilight Oath, Supremacy, Revoker), but clearly it was quite capable as a weapon for killing Guardians. First roll I got with snapshot, after 50+ raid runs.
Ah nice! Fair enough, glad it felt good and served you well. Honestly it feels like I haven't really used snipers for anti-guardian purposes since D1 still. Something I should make an effort to remedy if not just for the sake of switching it up a bit. Have good rolls of Beloveds and TH at least. Sadly no curated TO (given up for now). Favoured much more aggressive play and hounding in D2 PvP so shied away from them, whereas barely touched much else in D1 lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Ah nice! Fair enough, glad it felt good and served you well. Honestly it feels like I haven't really used snipers for anti-guardian purposes since D1 still. Something I should make an effort to remedy if not just for the sake of switching it up a bit. Have good rolls of Beloveds and TH at least. Sadly no curated TO (given up for now). Favoured much more aggressive play and hounding in D2 PvP so shied away from them, whereas barely touched much else in D1 lol.
I understand. I hadn't used snipers in D2 really until The Last Word came around. As a natural pairing, it sort of forced me to learn it. And since TLW is/was so good at medium and short range combat on PC, I didn't feel like I had to have a shotgun or similar weapon on me. Ended up trying this one which I really hadn't used at all...

bojrpc0.png

...and really loving sniping. I've tried many sniper rifles since but none have felt quite as "automatic", I guess I'd say. But Revoker has come the closest.

I haven't been sniping much since Shadowkeep as I haven't been playing much PvP. Mostly because there's nothing for me to chase that requires it so I just get in and out. I'm one of those players that really needs there to be a goal of some sort for me to play, and with no long or difficult quests for pinnacles anymore, the incentive just isn't there. Sad.

That said, most of my kills on my main sniper rifle here came from last March (when TLW came out) to mid April. I remember it vividly because TO was letting me pull off many montage-worthy highlights. It really is a great weapon so hopefully sooner or later it will drop for you. So you can evaluate it too, if nothing else. I think CammyCakes has about 50,000 kills on his. After using it for a month, I can understand why.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I understand. I hadn't used snipers in D2 really until The Last Word came around. As a natural pairing, it sort of forced me to learn it. And since TLW is/was so good at medium and short range combat on PC, I didn't feel like I had to have a shotgun or similar weapon on me. Ended up trying this one which I really hadn't used at all...

bojrpc0.png

...and really loving sniping. I've tried many sniper rifles since but none have felt quite as "automatic", I guess I'd say. But Revoker has come the closest.

I haven't been sniping much since Shadowkeep as I haven't been playing much PvP. Mostly because there's nothing for me to chase that requires it so I just get in and out. I'm one of those players that really needs there to be a goal of some sort for me to play, and with no long or difficult quests for pinnacles anymore, the incentive just isn't there. Sad.

That said, most of my kills on my main sniper rifle here came from last March (when TLW came out) to mid April. I remember it vividly because TO was letting me pull off many montage-worthy highlights. It really is a great weapon so hopefully sooner or later it will drop for you. So you can evaluate it too, if nothing else. I think CammyCakes has about 50,000 kills on his. After using it for a month, I can understand why.
That's neat and interesting on TLW. Have to admit being a console pleb and not being a fan of hip firing TLW has always felt off for me. Which is a shame as I like the design, the sound and how it shoots. It just feels weird to play with for me and never clicks despite returning to it every so often. I hope so on the curated Oath and I think you've given me enough impetus to run back into the Dreaming City for the first time in forever to see if I don't get lucky! 🍀🤞

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
For a person that loves pulse rifles, shark sure loves to get himself into close range situations to get shotgunned/supernova'ed and complained about it.

A real decent pulse rifle users would have never let themselves be in a close range situations.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
You certainly wouldn't use top tree storm in a PVE environment when the bottom tree has much better PVE perks.

Top storm with Crown of Tempests is extremely good in pve, though. high uptime on very potent grenades leads to high uptime on the very long super

Frankly nobody will waste special ammo to destroy a titan barricade especially in trials where special ammo is scarced imo, this is a good buff for titans.

F Revoker thinks shooting a barricade is a miss.

Also Bungie: Hunter Tripmines are sticky again.

Won't one shot, though. Would be amusing if you still needed someone passing the through the laser to trip them.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
F Revoker thinks shooting a barricade is a miss.
Yeah but you can't spam Revoker shots or else the perk won't proc.

Reversal of fortune can only work again after the bullet is refunded which means by the time the bullet is refunded the titan would have gotten the heavy or revive a teammate not to mention you need more than 2 shots to destroy the barricade.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
bungie lied way back when about the new comp scoring.

it's clearly losing loses essentially no points, winning gives 200-300, at least past fabled.

i guess of course they wanted everybody to get fabled for quests if they want it. all you have to do is keep queuing up. for the pvp crybaby's.

Oct 28, 2017
For anyone worried about their Mindbenders becoming shit next season, get Python.

Never mind the music, I listen to DnB as I play because it drowns out having to hear the same shit all day every day, but this gun...its special.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
bungie lied way back when about the new comp scoring.

it's clearly losing loses essentially no points, winning gives 200-300, at least past fabled.

i guess of course they wanted everybody to get fabled for quests if they want it. all you have to do is keep queuing up. for the pvp crybaby's.

They didn't lie, the points you get are inflated (and loses trivial) until you get to a glory score they feel reflects your ability. For me that was right about Mythic I last season and maybe a little higher this season but I didn't really notice. I have friends for whom it was below fabled when the easy points ran out.

No question that it is easier these past two seasons due to SBMM but it is still a ton of playtime for people.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
They didn't lie, the points you get are inflated (and loses trivial) until you get to a glory score they feel reflects your ability. For me that was right about Mythic I last season and maybe a little higher this season but I didn't really notice. I have friends for whom it was below fabled when the easy points ran out.

No question that it is easier these past two seasons due to SBMM but it is still a ton of playtime for people.

they also said something about the caliber of opposition will affect your points, it doesnt seem too at all.

they made it seem like that was the lynchpin, talking about your rating would be adjusted on the fly hundreds of times per match and all that. None of that seems to mean diddly.

I remember it more as them saying if you beat tough opponents you'll gain a lot. If you beat weak opponents, gain little. But that's not really how it is at all.

it's weird.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
so they really didn't think about the artifact and its effect in Trials eh?
mindblowing but least this time they listened without waiting 6 months for data.

Dec 2, 2017
That's neat and interesting on TLW. Have to admit being a console pleb and not being a fan of hip firing TLW has always felt off for me. Which is a shame as I like the design, the sound and how it shoots. It just feels weird to play with for me and never clicks despite returning to it every so often. I hope so on the curated Oath and I think you've given me enough impetus to run back into the Dreaming City for the first time in forever to see if I don't get lucky! 🍀🤞

If you want a decent facsimile, take Alone as a God for a spin, if you've got that from the Leviathan raid. It's a 140 rpm that also has snapshot and even higher range & aim assist. The zoom is slightly higher, but that didn't affect much for me. The box breathing perk doesn't really add that much to the curated Twilight Oath, so you're not missing a lot.

screenshot2020-02-28a14k8b.png

That said, if you want to learn sniping, Beloved and Borealis are probably the most forgiving. Though you may find that you prefer the chevron sights; I do, which is part of why Sole Survivor ended up being hands down my favourite. The best way to get started imo is to just force yourself to run a sniper in PvE. You'll get headshot practice on hundreds of dregs. Vex are probably the best, because they can be so tricky to crit at times.

As for Last Word, the whole trick with it on console is to just pull the stick down about 30-40% of the way while firing to manage the recoil. Treat it like a super sidearm in terms of engagement range, that's why it pairs super well with a sniper.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
1. Get Revoker
2. Enhanced sniper aim on your helm
3. Pop heads like they're melons on a wall

Bonus: Icarus grip for silly jump shot shenanigans.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
If you want a decent facsimile, take Alone as a God for a spin, if you've got that from the Leviathan raid. It's a 140 rpm that also has snapshot and even higher range & aim assist. The zoom is slightly higher, but that didn't affect much for me. The box breathing perk doesn't really add that much to the curated Twilight Oath, so you're not missing a lot.

That said, if you want to learn sniping, Beloved and Borealis are probably the most forgiving. Though you may find that you prefer the chevron sights; I do, which is part of why Sole Survivor ended up being hands down my favourite. The best way to get started imo is to just force yourself to run a sniper in PvE. You'll get headshot practice on hundreds of dregs. Vex are probably the best, because they can be so tricky to crit at times.

As for Last Word, the whole trick with it on console is to just pull the stick down about 30-40% of the way while firing to manage the recoil. Treat it like a super sidearm in terms of engagement range, that's why it pairs super well with a sniper.
Alternate recommendation: you can just grind out a high handling + Opening Shot Twilight Oath from Menagerie. Or a Beloved.

Speaking of Menagerie, do those Chalice materials still drop? I haven't seen them in months.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i was slaying out, i felt like i was dueling unbrokens good, won my last couple comp games. but, time for break...

lunas is so deadly, i feel like i'm getting pretty good with it. ar's dont have any skill, so i'm now anti-ar meta. lunas isn't a real hand cannon, but it's a step. couple times i outjuked unbrokens in 1v1 lunas fights. they are a lot more consistent over the whole game though.

running luna-revoker or luna dust rock if supremacy comes up.

this iteration of crucible just gives me no rest though. classic mix is loaded with good players although sometimes you get lucky. control, well bungie sbmm still think's i'm luminosity. then comp is always stresssssssss.

i kinda figured out the better way to handle comp though, take it in short sessions generally till i get a win, then quit on the win. this works well at least til i hit my ~3500 barrier where my score stops going up, i guess. at least last season that's how it went, i only got to 2600 so far this time but still getting 2-300 for wins.

Dec 2, 2017

If this is the coked-out rockstar phase of Frostbolt's career, I might be here for it. The bonus clip at the end is amazing.

Never mind the music, I listen to DnB as I play because it drowns out having to hear the same shit all day every day
Did you obtain a Special Exception license from the internet to post a video with music other than synthwave? Don't make me report you.

Alternate recommendation: you can just grind out a high handling + Opening Shot Twilight Oath from Menagerie. Or a Beloved.

Speaking of Menagerie, do those Chalice materials still drop? I haven't seen them in months.

I did mention Beloved, but I was mainly thinking of something he probably already has on hand. Though TBH I prefer Alone to Twilight. If only because it's like the game is telling the person you just sniped that you're a god.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I believe Bungo is in fact legit that stupid to not foresee the issues of the artifact with Trials and greenlighting that shit. Bungo made Destiny 2 after all. But as I said in the that thread in gaming section, kicking and screaming does the job.

i was slaying out, i felt like i was dueling unbrokens good, won my last couple comp games. but, time for break...

lunas is so deadly, i feel like i'm getting pretty good with it. ar's dont have any skill, so i'm now anti-ar meta. lunas isn't a real hand cannon, but it's a step. couple times i outjuked unbrokens in 1v1 lunas fights. they are a lot more consistent over the whole game though.

running luna-revoker or luna dust rock if supremacy comes up.

this iteration of crucible just gives me no rest though. classic mix is loaded with good players although sometimes you get lucky. control, well bungie sbmm still think's i'm luminosity. then comp is always stresssssssss.

i kinda figured out the better way to handle comp though, take it in short sessions generally till i get a win, then quit on the win. this works well at least til i hit my ~3500 barrier where my score stops going up, i guess. at least last season that's how it went, i only got to 2600 so far this time but still getting 2-300 for wins.

$15 well spent.

Last edited:

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
How is it millions of players can see whats wrong of artifact levels in trials without even playing while Bungie who has devs playtested trials for months and finds artifacts level in trials is ok? How are they so fucking braindead stupid?

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone worried about their Mindbenders becoming shit next season, get Python.

Never mind the music, I listen to DnB as I play because it drowns out having to hear the same shit all day every day, but this gun...its special.

Python isn't going anywhere is it, as the Ritual quest will still be available once the next season starts, right?

I don't think I've played a single Gambit match this season.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You all fell for Bungie's jebait. Got you all riled up, now you're hard for trials. Weird foreplay but OK.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
How is it millions of players can see whats wrong of artifact levels in trials without even playing while Bungie who has devs playtested trials for months and finds artifacts level in trials is ok? How are they so fucking braindead stupid?
It's somehow been like this for years. Whether Bungie internally are a bunch of casuals or not very good or stick to their own headcanon of how they think the game should be played or just have awful internal communication/feedback; they somehow always end up at decisions that are obviously going to cause trouble.

Obviously everything can't be foreseen and isn't their fault, but there have been plenty of obvious lapses.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

1. Get Revoker
2. Enhanced sniper aim on your helm
3. Pop heads like they're melons on a wall

Bonus: Icarus grip for silly jump shot shenanigans.

Lot to digest thank you! Nice to keep popping things on the to do list and will have fun trying them all out. I still miss NLB and it's iron sights with a fondness!

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
As much as I might not like it I can understand their desire to leave old weapons 'behind'/capping infusion. HOWEVER, if Bungie's truly set on going down this road than each time they release a new annual expansion they better have a LOT of new guns. Destiny is a looter shooter, I feel like I really shouldn't need to say this because they should have learned this a long time ago but you NEED good loot.

There are 16 different types of weapons in the game (autos, pulses, handcannons, smgs, bows, grenade launchers, rockets etc...) on top of that there are between 3 to 5 different archetypes (lightweight, adaptive, aggressive, rapid-fire etc...) within each of those initial weapons types. Start doing the math and if you only include 1 of each archetype for each weapon you're looking at 60+ new weapons.

I understand new weapons are added over time/seasons but if we're getting another new expansion this fall AND our current weapons won't carry forward, they'd better have a good host of new guns to choose from.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bring back 900 RPM autos and all will be forgiven.

Also, Tassi says get over losing your favorite toys.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
So, I just read the TWAB. Warlocks have shotgun range melee and tripmines are now sticky again. This is what you all get for going on about how good D1 was!

Seriously tho, some of my jammiest kills were from sticky tripmines. I once made a 6 stack in IB insta-quit on rusted lands - they spawned water side and 4 of them went straight to capture, and I blind threw a sticky tripmine from pretty much our spawn and got all 4 of them.

Dec 2, 2017
As much as I might not like it I can understand their desire to leave old weapons 'behind'/capping infusion. HOWEVER, if Bungie's truly set on going down this road than each time they release a new annual expansion they better have a LOT of new guns. Destiny is a looter shooter, I feel like I really shouldn't need to say this because they should have learned this a long time ago but you NEED good loot.

There are 16 different types of weapons in the game (autos, pulses, handcannons, smgs, bows, grenade launchers, rockets etc...) on top of that there are between 3 to 5 different archetypes (lightweight, adaptive, aggressive, rapid-fire etc...) within each of those initial weapons types. Start doing the math and if you only include 1 of each archetype for each weapon you're looking at 60+ new weapons.

I understand new weapons are added over time/seasons but if we're getting another new expansion this fall AND our current weapons won't carry forward, they'd better have a good host of new guns to choose from.

It'll be the same weapons, minus the extra broken ones. You'll be getting the same stuff but with stale dates further in the future. They're not going to just start over with all the loot pools.

Psh. Stability masterwork. No wonder he doesn't care.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

"People are acting like their favorite old weapons are going to simply disappear from existence, dissolving in their hands like Thanos snapped them. That isn't what's happening here. With a power level cap system in place, with the way Destiny currently handles power level, this really only affects a few very specific pinnacle activities. Everything else? You are still free to use these "capped" weapons as much as you want."

No Tassi, we get that.

"In short, Bungie just wants you to mix up your loadouts for the upper echelon of activities."

And we already do? You shouldn't cater to those who are incapable of doing this unless they're forced to.

And, again... you do not NEED to shelve any weapon, at all, to introduce new weapons that are powerful and temporary. Keep everything viable so there is MORE choice, and those who need to be forced can just chase the new temporary powerful stuff.

All this is going to do is cause people who stick with the same loadouts to grab the guns they want as soon as they can and just use them until the next switch. This doesn't actually foster creativity or variation, you'll just be switching one set of weapons these people stick with for another while giving the rest of us less choice.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
so bungie is going to nerf hunter throwing knife even though it's trash while hh nova and shoulder charge run rampant. because they just have to punish hunters at all times? "Oh we're being fair by nerfing hunters crap ability along with Titans and warlocks great ability"

I mean, I dont care since it's useless to start with but, yeah.

BTW, quote this post, giving Warlocks a meter melee advantage is INSANE. It's going to be massively OP and will pretty much be the only class for streamers from now. Imagine giving one particular shotgun a 1 meter advantage...it would be the only shotgun ever used in pvp.

Also, why does Titans melee so much FASTER than hunters? It's easily noticed. Hunter melee has this long slow wind up, Titans is like an instant punch. Never heard this discussed but it's a huge advantage for Titans and one reason why their melee is so effective.

at least it looks to me like they hammered hhnova pretty good.

lol then i read they buffed nova warp to appease the warlocks. crazy. when hunters get nerfed they get nothing.

That's cos Hunters are already by far the most OP class in PvP, at least on console.

You're having a laugh if you think these changes that buff a super you get every 5 minutes will cause everyone to switch away from Hunter, especially in a mode like trials where pubstomping isn't as much of a thing.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
That's cos Hunters are already by far the most OP class in PvP, at least on console.

You're having a laugh if you think these changes that buff a super you get every 5 minutes will cause everyone to switch away from Hunter, especially in a mode like trials where pubstomping isn't as much of a thing.
That's shark talking about pvp mate. Don't do it to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.