• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a blatant cheater on PC. Or is it just not blatant and mixed in with all the usual PC stuff?

I actually really like Bad Juju. II got the cat via the glitch and used it a lot in pve to spam supers. When they took the cat back I vaulted it, I still need to finished 3 triumphs to unlock it. I will probably use it again when I can be bothered.
I ran into quite a few people blatantly netlimiting or some other form of connection manipulation while farming Komodo. Granted that stuff is also possible on console, just harder to setup. I bet the hacks posted over the past week or so will become prevalent in Trials too. The problem with D2 being all P2P is that when you figure out how to stealthily hook into the .exe, it's basically game over.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I ran into quite a few people blatantly netlimiting or some other form of connection manipulation while farming Komodo. Granted that stuff is also possible on console, just harder to setup. I bet the hacks posted over the past week or so will become prevalent in Trials too. The problem with D2 being all P2P is that when you figure out how to stealthily hook into the .exe, it's basically game over.
How do you notice someone is doing something like that? I've played... a lot of pvp, and to my knowledge I've not seen it once. I might be completely ignorant of this though...

I usually put shit connection down to the simple fact D2 pvp is p2p, wi-fi people, etc...

Nov 14, 2017
How do you notice someone is doing something like that? I've played... a lot of pvp, and to my knowledge I've not seen it once. I might be completely ignorant of this though...

I usually put shit connection down to the simple fact D2 pvp is p2p, wi-fi people, etc...
When someone has a bad connection they are just laggy all around. It's when someone is moving around perfectly but all of a sudden their connection turns to shit when they hit 1hp, then they lag teleport around with a shotgun. You usually get the kill, but they get all their kills too. It was a big thing back in D1 too.

They say they have logic to detect it and I'm sure some people do get banned, but I've seen it more on PC than console.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
When someone has a bad connection they are just laggy all around. It's when someone is moving around perfectly but all of a sudden their connection turns to shit when they hit 1hp, then they lag teleport around with a shotgun. You usually get the kill, but they get all their kills too. It was a big thing back in D1 too.

They say they have logic to detect it and I'm sure some people do get banned, but I've seen it more on PC than console.
Ahh okay, to my knowledge I haven't ever seen it on ps4 or PC. Not trying to dismiss it, just curious...

If this kind of thing becomes common in Trials I'll just give up.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a blatant cheater on PC. Or is it just not blatant and mixed in with all the usual PC stuff?

I actually really like Bad Juju. II got the cat via the glitch and used it a lot in pve to spam supers. When they took the cat back I vaulted it, I still need to finished 3 triumphs to unlock it. I will probably use it again when I can be bothered.

I would likely use it if I had it but still have the quest in my tab to go visit the tribute hall lol. Skipped it when it was new and seems way to tedious to start it now.

Nov 14, 2017
Ahh okay, to my knowledge I haven't ever seen it on ps4 or PC. Not trying to dismiss it, just curious...

If this kind of thing becomes common in Trials I'll just give up.
Back in D1Y1 there was a guy I played with who I realised was doing it. I bailed on a Trials card with him halfway through because of it. When the matches started getting sweaty, he started dropping out of party chat and lagging around the map.

I think the reason it's possible is because Destiny pretty much never rubber-bands on the client side. In games with dedicated servers, if you lag out too much you start rubber banding when you try to move because while you're saying you're in one spot, the server is going 'no, actually, you're back there' . Because there's no central authority to dictate to a client what their actual position should be, laggy players instead get to teleport.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I seen plenty of blatant cheating ever since D2 moved to Steam.

Speed hacks
Infinite supers
Infinite Gambit Invasion
Infinite Heavy Ammo
Invisible while spamming Jotunn shots.

Best part is all these hackers are Chinese.

Dec 2, 2017
As far as I can tell, the reskins that get people the most riled up are reskins from earlier models in D2 itself. Passovers from D1 are generally less noticed.

Speaking personally, if (please be when) the Taken King Iron Banner armour gets reintroduced, I'll be ecstatic. I don't care if they're using the exact same armor sets, they were so god damn good.

Yes! That warlock set was my main armour In D1. The Y3 set wasn't bad either.

A paywall for Trials wouldn't completely solve the problem - with the amount people are prepared to pay for recoveries, an extra tenner for the season pass wouldn't be much extra.

Iron Banner is straight comedy for me because of that. I'm owning people with Not Forgottens and 500+ gold crucible medals on their emblems using a bow and a sidearm. Destinykd.com always outs them as having like 0.83 KDs. They're in almost every single IB lobby.

This guy was my absolute favourite, he couldn't even be bothered to change the name:

1186f0f5-8a59-435a-ay2k17.jpeg

He put up a 0.67 in the match I played against him and his stack of recovs.

I used to look at those ads for $500 Not Forgottens and wonder who would pay for that. Turns out it's like 10% of the people in sweaty PvP modes.

Didn't it get the Pyramids' attention and cause them to do a u-turn? They're just taking their time and the long way to come see us though.

If I read the Revelation lore correctly, that seems to have happened before the collapse, and ties directly into next season.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Gawd, I can't fucking wait for Lord of Crutch to be nerfed. I just came across a Unbroken abusing that weapon, what a fucking scumbag.

Dec 2, 2017
Gawd, I can't fucking wait for Lord of Crutch to be nerfed. I just came across a Unbroken abusing that weapon, what a fucking scumbag.
I ran into an unbroken in the tower last week. He had like 5000 guardian kills on his quickdraw + snapshot Spiteful Fang, I was really impressed.

Then I saw he had over 8000 crucible kills on his Lord of Wolves. Who would bring so much pain into the world?

Nov 14, 2017
I only just properly realised this was a thing recently. Like, coming from console and not having done much PvP on PC, I totally didn't realise how broken it was. I'm abusing the hell out of it before it gets nerfed 😸

Wednesbury

Apr 10, 2018
One general question; I have one more Triumph to go for the Savior title - do I need to do that within this season? It's running the Sundial on Legend difficulty, which I need to reach 950 Light for to even access. I'm currently at 930-something with not much apparent room for rapid significant growth.

Yes you need to do that within the season, you also need to finish the Collections badge for Season of Dawn (in case you haven't) a lot of people seem to miss that. Hit everything on the map with a gold medallion and you should be able to hit 950. Do the 8 bounties each for Shax and Zavala too. Good luck!

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So Aztecross basically wants D1 Trials.

I'm confused on his FAT ERECT HARDON for "the prestige of flawless" when his list is made up from "sherpas / carries / recovs" who's whole point is to lower that "prestige of flawless"

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can tell, the reskins that get people the most riled up are reskins from earlier models in D2 itself. Passovers from D1 are generally less noticed.

Speaking personally, if (please be when) the Taken King Iron Banner armour gets reintroduced, I'll be ecstatic. I don't care if they're using the exact same armor sets, they were so god damn good.

Armor sets are already few and far between as it is. The old trials and iron banner armor sets are great, but I've already learned that armor multiple times before. I've already paid for that armor before. I want new armor sets on that level.

Using old gear to fuel new content is getting tiresome.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have absolutely no clue why the community at large is so okay with Trials coming back exactly as it was. A year ago Bungie said they don't want to simply revive Trials of Osiris, that they want to create a fresh and worthy successor. Well I guess all their brainstorming failed because we're getting... Trials of Osiris.

And you know, I'm okay with the mode coming back. It was a great formula. But the exact same armor and weapons too? I mean just what the fuck is this? They're literally, literally just re-releasing an entire section of content from 2015, five years ago, and acting like it's the most brilliant and generous thing they've ever done. This Egyptian armor was cool. I remember when everyone lost their minds at how great it looked when it was revealed pre-House of Wolves.

Five years ago.

I already sweat my balls off to earn all this, five years ago. I wanted something fresh. Hell, they at least could have just brought back the rules of the mode but still keep the Trials of the Nine branding and loot. But we're literally getting House of Wolves content again. Come on.

Remember that Bungie made that statement before they broke from Activision. I'm betting A LOT of what they were planning is just not on the table anymore now that they dont have the funds for it.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
So Aztecross basically wants D1 Trials.

I'm confused on his FAT ERECT HARDON for "the prestige of flawless" when his list is made up from "sherpas / carries / recovs" who's whole point is to lower that "prestige of flawless"

Are you though? Seems pretty obvious how the two are related.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I mean why can't Trails just be "Special Weekend Comp"? Why does it have to be elevated to this giant thing? There shouldn't be a "prestige" association, just make it a special themed event with cool loot. Full stop.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Armor sets are already few and far between as it is. The old trials and iron banner armor sets are great, but I've already learned that armor multiple times before. I've already paid for that armor before. I want new armor sets on that level.

Using old gear to fuel new content is getting tiresome.
Tbf, Trials is a free update.

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which timelost weapon bounties should I be grinding for now and next season? Including the old weapon bounties like bygones and last perdition.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I'm glad they walked back the artifact being active for Trials. Looks like the best chance for very average pvpers, such as myself, to go flawless will probably be the 1st month. After that, the general pub will lose interest and the sweat will be on ultra.

I'm now eager to see what will be the pve draw for next season. Since we're going to be dealing with Rasputin, I know it's gonna involve warsats, hive of the frozen kind and shooting those dark crystals. Place ya bets now folks.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that Bungie made that statement before they broke from Activision. I'm betting A LOT of what they were planning is just not on the table anymore now that they dont have the funds for it.
Nope. Bungie broke off Activision in January of last year, and made that statement regarding Trials the following month.

Bungie.net

Both Destiny and the online PvP scene have evolved since 2015, so we don't believe that bringing back the 2015 version of Trials of Osiris would accomplish what our goals are today.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my Luna's Howl, 72 years late. Guess I'll casually stroll into getting Not Forgotten with 10 days left in the Season? Seems doable, right?

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I mean, its kinda too soon to just claim Trails is gonna be just like its 2015 form when we haven't got all the deets. But cautious pessimism has been warranted.

Oct 28, 2017
Got my Luna's Howl, 72 years late. Guess I'll casually stroll into getting Not Forgotten with 10 days left in the Season? Seems doable, right?

From 0 to 5500, it takes about 3 and a half hours if you go without a loss. Did it in 4 hours before with two losses in amongst some real long streaks. Get some friends and grind it out on the weekend.

Nov 14, 2017
I picked up a few Bygones bounties yesterday and got Polygonal Rifling / Flared Magwell / Kill Clip / Outlaw / Range Masterwork - I guess I should hang on to that one and slap a Counterbalance Stock on it. 👀

Just returned to the game - stopped playing way back before Curse of Osiris was even announced. Lots of new stuff for me to explore and discover and get familiar with. I have some thoughts about the returning player experience but I'll save those for later. For now I'll just say that I think it's absurd that all the free story content is now tied to Amanda. Just ... why? Why doesn't it just appear in my quest log when I'm done with the previous campaign? Or at a major Vanguard character like Ikora or Zavala? Why Amanda? I honestly had to look this up online to figure out how to get started with the Curse of Osiris and Warmind campaigns, because I never would've though to go to Amanda for it.

One general question; I have one more Triumph to go for the Savior title - do I need to do that within this season? It's running the Sundial on Legend difficulty, which I need to reach 950 Light for to even access. I'm currently at 930-something with not much apparent room for rapid significant growth.
You should be able to start a second character and get them up to your power level in an hour or so, and when you've done that you can just do all your powerful rewards on that character too. The reason why second and third characters power up faster is because it factors in your highest weapon power and so brings up the average of the drops you get on those chars.

Between that and next week, you'll easy hit 950. Ask in the Discord for a carry and I'm sure peeps will oblige.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
So how hard is the higher difficulty of the sundial? Think that's the last thing I need for my first seal.

Also what is a good decent sniper to use in PvP. Revoker seems to be the only quest weapon I haven't gotten the kill requirements for yet so want to get that before trying to grind the glory for them all.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
So how hard is the higher difficulty of the sundial? Think that's the last thing I need for my first seal.

Also what is a good decent sniper to use in PvP. Revoker seems to be the only quest weapon I haven't gotten the kill requirements for yet so want to get that before trying to grind the glory for them all.
Beloved with snapshot from the Menagerie is one of the best PvP snipers right now.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Rapid fire frames like Supremacy, Twilight Oath, Apostle and Omniscient Eye.

Adaptive frames like Beloved.

Aggressive frames Tatara's Gaze.

The easiest ones to get are Beloved and Twilight Oath from the Menagerie.

Status
Not open for further replies.