• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Im here.
This seasonal thing feels like marge recycling her dress on the simpsons.
Ill take a yearly taken king/ forsaken expansion and seasonal updates.
Hell if anything this format has me probably dropping destiny period.
Not for me, having things to do weekly is far better than having a big drop yearly, ploughing through the content in a month and then suffering the drought of a 5 month wait.

ROI and TTK are a distant memory now and I fear a lot of people have gotten spoilt and forgotten the barren famine of content we used to endure.

Oct 25, 2017
Not for me, having things to do weekly is far better than having a big drop yearly, ploughing through the content in a month and then suffering the drought of a 5 month wait.

ROI and TTK are a distant memory now and I fear a lot of people have gotten spoilt and forgotten the barren famine of content we used to endure.

Do you not play any other games?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not the content players actively engage day to day.

It's mostly strikes and nightfalls. That's the whole point, the potential total content is massive, but it's mechanically useless, so the *actual* content is very narrow.

It's designed specifically to work like a funnel.

I dont understand

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Its mostly out of frustration.

The ones ejecting their toys are the die-hard no-lifers of the game, they're terrified the content on offer won't sate their addiction, its that simple.

Oh you can't forget the 'see you in the sequel' lot that will return in every Destiny 2 related thread to remind us of their thinly-veiled despondency.
Dude, you've got serious issues if you feel like you have to constantly defend a video game.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017

What's hard to understand?

The endgame is dictated by where rewards are placed, and devs place those powerful and pinnacle rewards in specific points. The breadth of that content isn't getting bigger at all. In fact the current edgame is arguably narrower compared to Forsaken, that had a significant post-game in the way of Dreaming City and everything else.

So, right now, the current endgame is even narrower compared to Forsaken endgame. Yet it's a bigger game. But bigger doesn't matter if it's not functionally meaningful.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty obvious they just can't keep up with this 4 content drops a year schedule, PvP is just dying at this point, the Pinnacles were it's life support and they are gone, IB is a terrible mode and well that all it has really. They shouldn't have tried to keep to that release schedule post Activision, because super underwhelming releases will do more harm than good I think. Undying wasn't good, Dawn is looking as lacking too, it's not a great situation. I'll play Dawn mind, want a year 2 Perfect Paradox, but without a Shadow Keep to carry the load I'm not sure for how long.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I apologise, I edited my post before your reply.

I thought it was amusing how the 'play other games' came full circle.

It's fine.

As much as I love Destiny, part of me regrets how much time it has consumed. So many other games I could have finished instead of accumulating in my backlog. I guess now I'll have some time since there is very little incentive to grind in this new season.

It's just disappointing to see how much stuff is missing, has been taken away or stuff has been left behind. There's a lot of wasted potential throughout the entire game. I don't think Bungie even understands that. If they do, they haven't voiced that in any specific detail.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Dude, you've got serious issues if you feel like you have to constantly defend a video game.
It was a shit stream, I have repeated that many times.

You should see my matchmaking rant, its endless, you'll beg for death. If you can't take someone being on the other side of an argument the issue is yours.

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
It was a shit stream, I have repeated that many times.

You should see my matchmaking rant, its endless, you'll beg for death. If you can't take someone being on the other side of an argument the issue is yours.
Might be time to log off and relax if people venting about a game bothers you this much.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Me. I want to know if Shaxx and the Queen did it and if they had babies.

I was confused by this and then I went to the wiki and saw this:

While in the midst of drinking coffee and having a heated argument, Shaxx suddenly found himself teleported before Queen Mara Sov of the Reef. Startled by his sudden change in surroundings, Shaxx demanded to know where he was, but the Queen merely knocked the coffee cup out of his hand and handed him a copy of William Shakesphere's The Tempest and demanded he read it aloud to pay back the debt owed to her for aiding the Last City during the Reef Wars. Insulted, Shaxx used his Arc abilities to incinerate the text and declared that no one told him what to do and that he knew the entirety of The Tempest by heart. He proceeded to recite the famous play to Mara over the next several hours, although he never removed his helmet during the performance

So they totally fucked after that right? haha.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love d3 to launch with next gen consoles but at the same time, for once, they should take their time.

D1 didn't came out at console launch.

My best guess is that Bungie will try to announce D3 at the PS5 reveal, so at some point next year, but it will be ready only around September 2021. D2 will probably get a small exp pack next year, something along Shadowkeep lines, and used to then create some story momentum to lead to D3.

This would put D3 release 4 years after D2, so +1 year compared to D1 to D2.

It all depends on the setbacks they might have during development, but all this "live story" bland seasonal content would make no logical sense if they really were committed to D2. They certainly aren't growing or making the game better, just keep it active enough. The scenario is more like they need D2 to bridge over the next couple of years, so they still need to maintain a small team for the little bit of content we're getting right now.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
A few minutes ago it dawned on me that the D1 Year 1 DLC support was actually a lot better than last year's support and this year's support so far. That's really bad.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, now to laugh at my son when I tell him he needs to buy this with his own money on the ps4 as Stadia has all of the expansions until next year.

Previously he knew I would snap and purchase them...

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
I mean....putting different year one legendaries in the menageries now with random rolls would keep me playing that.
The Menagerie concept should become a staple of the game, IMO. The sort of "raid-lite" content that they've done (dungeons and Menagerie) are really my favorite parts of the game, from a design point. They're simple enough that you can jump in with a matchmade team, but still way more engaging than the strike and VO playstyle of run through and pew pew.

They have so many mechanics from the raids, and so many assets already used in the game that part of me wonders if making that kind of content really is that resource intensive, or if they dont think it's worth it, or, if they just don't think it's something the community at large would want.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
season of ugly ass armor. really liked the season pass armor ornaments this season but yeesh to what's shown so far

Oct 27, 2017
This reveal seemed incredibly familiar...like Curse of Osiris familiar. I'll check it out as I've bought Shadowkeep on PC and Xbox with the Season Pass as well so why not considering it's already paid for. That said, I feel like I've begun the process of weaning myself off Destiny a bit as the recycled hamster wheel is beyond grating and old at this point. Bungie has a real built-in excuse to never go all-in on new activities or god forbid update them with the idea of giving players interesting ways to replay them as those new activities just go bye-bye at season's end anyways. The seals/titles were just created to give players artificial reasons to replay the same mundane activities over and over with zero significant changes. Armor 2.0 just feels like it's focused on decreasing cooldowns and not much more rather than something more akin to a Diablo 3-like Paragon point system with the ability to increase a lot of different stats/attributes as you play earning XP. The seasonal events are simply dreadful/boring and The Dawning will be no different this year.

I guess I feel like they've lost their way a bit in what Destiny is (to me anyways, it will never be the exact game anyone wants it to be but I don't like this direction much at all). Love the gameplay/gunplay in spurts and the artists do an amazing job but it's just not enough anymore to dedicate time day-in and day-out for what boils down to simply a mundane experience through and through.

Last edited:

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I wasn't expecting much so the season looking empty is not a surprise.

Mostly in for PvP as usual, not interested in another menagerie lite when the real thing is there and they could just update that.

ADS

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Bungie fixes whatever has blocked their content creation pipeline. These recent drops have been dire.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Bungie fixes whatever has blocked their content creation pipeline. These recent drops have been dire.

They lost the aid of Activision and its developers. Most of the Bungie staff are probably working on Destiny 3, maybe another expansion, and other projects. I would expect this amount of content in the seasons in the foreseeable future.

ADS

Oct 27, 2017
They lost the aid of Activision and its developers. Most of the Bungie staff are probably working on Destiny 3, maybe another expansion, and other projects. I would expect this amount of content in the seasons in the foreseeable future.

Is Destiny 3 confirmed? It seems an odd choice, after leaving Activision I expected them to follow the Path of Exile/Warframe live service model and just constantly iterate on Destiny 2.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize the new activity is actually like the Menagerie.

Also, Datto said there is going to be a light level increase and more info will come out on the 5th.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Is Destiny 3 confirmed? It seems an odd choice, after leaving Activision I expected them to follow the Path of Exile/Warframe live service model and just constantly iterate on Destiny 2.

We don't know, but I think when people say 'Destiny 3,' it could also just be a major content update to 'Destiny 2' (several story mission, raid, strikes, weapons, etc).

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

I would expect a Destiny 3. Without Activision, Bungie can finally make the game they wanted without restrictions. Plus, they will want something big for next gen. Simply porting Destiny 2 won't be too exciting. If there is no Destiny 3, then they are working on some other big project. They're not devoting their entire studio to maintaining Destiny 2 and they even said this years season pass model is being done this way because previous content deliveries were too strenuous on the studio.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Welp, masterworked and grinded all those upgrade materials for nothing since I can't convert my existing season armor mod slots into the new seasons. I don't want to have to grind for new armor and go through the triple layers of RNG again.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Destiny 3 is an absolute certain and will be a completely new SKU. Anyone that doesn't believe this is deluding themselves.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There has to be a Destiny 3. They need a big product to pull in cash. More Forsaken sized content isn't going to do that. I think we see it September 2021 and it will be one of the first big AAA games like D1 in 2014. It won't be called Destiny 3, but simply Destiny and that's when the single living world idea will be realized and they'll just update it for as long as it's viable.

As for the new season, I'll likely get the season pass and grind out level 100, but when I hit that mark, I'll probably stop. I've got a sizable backlog now that I really want to clear.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There are still issues with D2 PVP that exist on a foundational level that need a D3 in order to be overhauled and fixed. Tis what happens when you initially design the game to be shit.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
I expected them to follow the Path of Exile/Warframe live service model and just constantly iterate on Destiny 2.

That would be the wise thing to do.

But it's Bungie.

(plus, from the rumors it seems the technology they use is a kind of elephant that doesn't move. They made zero updates technology-wise since D2 release.)

There has to be a Destiny 3. They need a big product to pull in cash. More Forsaken sized content isn't going to do that. I think we see it September 2021 and it will be one of the first big AAA games like D1 in 2014. It won't be called Destiny 3, but simply Destiny and that's when the single living world idea will be realized and they'll just update it for as long as it's viable.

Actually, let's just DREAM, for a second. What would be the very best scenario possible, going forward?

Here's my idea:
Instead of making a completely separate "Destiny 3", they make another brand new client that instead of a complete reset it ports all D2 content right into the new game (nice wink to the new consoles: "Destiny 3 will be retrocompatible"). Destiny 2 ceases to exist, and Destiny 3 becomes a base platform that joins some new content + D2, all for free. Plus they sell actual meaty story expansion, content, planets and whatnot under a proper new DLC, that becomes the "main" D3.

So they have on one side a complete new game to sell, and on the other they port everyone to the new game seamlessly, giving just the barebone for free, and then sell the actual new content as DLC.

Last edited:

DrScissorsMD

Banned
Jan 19, 2019
A few minutes ago it dawned on me that the D1 Year 1 DLC support was actually a lot better than last year's support and this year's support so far. That's really bad.
Blatantly false. Even being generous and giving you the first year and a half of D1 Y1 DLC, that's The Dark Below and House of Wolves. The amount of content pales in comparison to last years + this years D2 DLC/seasons, not to mention the D2 content has been rolled out every three to four months versus over a year for TDB and another six months again for HoW.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
When Destiny 2 went free to play and rebranded it to New Light they mentioned considering dropping the 2, but ultimately stuck with it. They also said something to the effect of having multiple years planned for it, suggesting it's going to be their platform going forward.

Then again, they've also said that the game's size has ballooned too large and is a reason for rotating seasonal events, which suggests it would be best for a slate wipe.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
After watching the stream it's nice to see another large activity with matchmaking but was expecting or should I say hoping for new areas.
Still it sounds like some story content is included so not all bad.
I expected to see the season up on psn/Xlive by now but can't see it, guessing it will be £10?
(asking for a mate due to myself having season pass).

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
After watching the stream it's nice to see another large activity with matchmaking but was expecting or should I say hoping for new areas.
Still it sounds like some story content is included so not all bad.
I expected to see the season up on psn/Xlive by now but can't see it, guessing it will be £10?
(asking for a mate due to myself having season pass).
It'll be an in-game unlock in the eververse store, not on XBL/PSN/Steam.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

You have the memory of deer. But the deer got hit by a car and its head contorted in such a violent manner upon impact that its antlers impaled its own guts. The deer is dead, is the point I am making. It no longer remembers anything. Because it is dead.