• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
B

Bro, they had two whole other studios and Activision cash then. Wind your expectations, lest ye be bitterly dissapointed.

I have no expectations now. I pretty much put this season down with over a month left and that was with Shadowkeep content included. If it's just Season of the Undying for the next year then I'll play it for a week and be done.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Sounds cool. Will be significantly disappointed if there's no raid though. A 6 man activity isn't enough, especially with how lackluster Season of the Undying's 6 man activity was. If there's no new raid then I'll play through the story stuff and probably put it down for the rest of the season.
Wellllll they made shadowkeep 6 man activity before getting the feed back about Menagerie, so hopefully this is more menagerie like.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't gonna complain incessantly about it (even though I basically kinda am to a certain degree, but I'm just going to say that I am not and y'all will have to accept this new reality I have shaped). I understand the hardships of keeping this live service game ever so lively and I have my expectations set, it's why I'm already honking the "disappointeeeeeeeeed" horn. But I agree that I will inevitably drop it pretty early on no doubt. That's just the reality of it.

What hardships?

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
How many new horde modes this time?

Any content that isn't a strike or a raid is wasted effort.
Pretty much. They lost me halfway through the current expansion, and they haven't shown anything interesting enough to bring me back. The loss of the development teams Activision was paying for is really showing.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Sundial is gonna be Vex Offensive on Mercury. Everything looks good and I've got the deluxe so I'm in no matter what, but I've tempered my expectations.

Everybody is getting flash kicked though. Everybody.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Also for those wonderding: If you own D2 on Steam and in XBOX/PS4/Stadia, you only need one season pass and you'll get it in every platform. You have to link accounts and activate cross-save though.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
That trailer was pretty hype. Makes me a bit sad I don't play anymore. Just a little, though.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
That activity kind of looked like Vex Offensive in the sense of 6 people working to fight a boss. Hard pass.

Vex offensive was so lackluster.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So we'll probably get a weekly evolving story again, like Eris' stuff this season? Or are we getting some actual story missions?

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Bungie trailers are hype as ever, but after this season idk how much I'll allow myself to get excited. I think destiny isn't able to keep me interested as much as it used to these days which definitely bums me out.

Also, fucking cabal, can we not deal with them ever again please? The most boring race in all of destiny.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I'm 110% convinced that when they do the Twitch reveal livestream, they're going to announce Trials is coming back. They're flying streamers out there. Probably not a coincidence.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to use the 1k silver from buying Forsaken to buy the drop kick finisher but that flash kick finisher has me rethinking that.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait! I spent the last 2 weeks or so playing other things, so it'll nice to come back to Destiny.

I'm 110% convinced that when they do the Twitch reveal livestream, they're going to announce Trials is coming back. They're flying streamers out there. Probably not a coincidence.

Not just any streamers, either. They're flying out noted Trials streamers. It's most definitely coming back.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I love Windmill, I'm probably going to drop the Silver for a shoryuken finisher, aren't I?

Shooter

Oct 28, 2017
No new raid is disappointing, but expected. I've always thought they should release two decent sized raids a year (Garden sized and up) instead of one big raid and two smaller raid lairs.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Menagerie was great, hopefully this new activity is a bit more like that and less of the vex offensive. I thought the offensive was better than most people on here seem to think though, I didn't mind it. I do hate the feeling of stealing kills to get bounties though, I wish there was a way to fix that.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
I have never been more hype than I have been with that trailer.

I'm ready to be Disappointed tho. Cautiously optimistic.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"I can't wait to go back to Mercury " said no one.

At first this was my approach, because you know, fuck Mercury and everything it stands for. But whatever makes Mercury an actual interesting enough location to go back to, I may just be all for it. Unless we still can't summon sparrows, then fuck Mercury still.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
seems like their trailers are getting low budget. feels like dying game (i know it isn't).

could we have a good scout and what is that one shot action it's doing? well knowing the hand cannon cartel of the community, nah, they wont allow a good scout. however it looks really cool.

the event thing is just gonna be yet another horde mode, right?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
At first this was my approach, because you know, fuck Mercury and everything it stands for. But whatever makes Mercury an actual interesting enough location to go back to, I may just be all for it. Unless we still can't summon sparrows, then fuck Mercury still.
I did spot some sparrow use in the trailer.

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
At least there's some continuation from killing the Undying Mind. I'm still wondering wtf Uldren is doing.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Trailer looks nice. Saint XIV showing up was awesome.

As for the actual content. Meh. I'm still catching up with a bunch of old quests but I'm (cynically) hoping what they provide here to be a lot more substantial than the Season of Undying. Vex Offensive was straight up trash and I hope the new activity takes a little more inspiration from the Menagerie.