• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't there a quick survey of trophys that show a majority of the player base doesn't even do raids. They like this casual stuff
On PSN, 8.8% have done The Leviathan Raid and 3% have done The Last Wish Raid, so yeah, they aren't done by many overall, but it's a major goal to aim for for a lot I'd imagine. Personally I don't care much about the lack of a new Raid, I rarely do them anywhere close to release, so nothing new for me.

Dec 28, 2017
Never again. I spent too much time in this nightmare and after seeing everything my only hope is to handle myself and not going back. Tomorrow bungo will announce new "trials" were all the cheaters will become legends in the first hour after launch.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
There was never going to be a new raid. You will enjoy this season for about a week and abandon it until the "final assault" then get disappointed and drop it again. Accept this new cycle of Destiny.

the marked part was the Destiny cycle since day one for me. this franchise never lived up to its potential and is basically "one step forward, two steps back: the game" it is just going in circles now

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
seems like their trailers are getting low budget. feels like dying game (i know it isn't).

could we have a good scout and what is that one shot action it's doing? well knowing the hand cannon cartel of the community, nah, they wont allow a good scout. however it looks really cool.

the event thing is just gonna be yet another horde mode, right?

It's called jade rabbit.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
If they're not going to have a new raid, then the remaining PvE content has to make up for it. That means, new strikes, a new dungeon, exotic quests, a secret quest like Whisper or Zero Hour and a 6-man activity like Menagerie.

Based on how this season ended, I still have low expectations for Dawn. A new raid also means raid armor, weapons, mods, shaders, emblems, triumphs, an exotic and a seal. Not having any of that means whatever is in its place, has to be both challenging and give me incentive.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
the marked part was the Destiny cycle since day one for me. this franchise never lived up to its potential and is basically "one step forward, two steps back: the game" it is just going in circles now

For me, it's always been one step forwards, one step back, then two steps forward, then one step back, then one step forward, then two steps back, then sliiiiiiiiiiiiiide to the left, sliiiiiiiiiiiide to the right, criss croooooss.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Same as usual, Bungie can make top notch trailers.. but the content will be very lacking, especially given how lackluster the current season is.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, this is clearly a transition year like RoI. They probably have priced it too high, but I would hope 'D3' comes out next year.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This is the next season? More vex? Wtf is going on with destiny? I want to see more of the darkness. Literally looks so boring.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I prefer them focussing on making MM activities rather than a raid lair i will never play or another set of strikes i do once and then never touch again, besides maybe once a week if i could actually be bothered to do the pinnacle chase.

Sundial seems nice, i didnt actually mind Vex Offensive, though i hope this time they have some more loot to get from the activity itself.
I like the seasonal armor already more than the last one.
Gonna make my Hunter look so Imperially Purple, Ottomans will try to kill him.

Scoutrifle being the erianas vow of the season sounds great, i feel there has been a ressurgence with them, having a new shiny toy to get familiar with the weapon type is great.

Kinda bummed the other exotic shown seems to be another handcannon, we really have more than enough of them already.
Gimmie a Sidearm where the Perk is dual wield.
On that note, what is the thing on season rank 92 ? Dual wield hope intensifies.

Fighting Cabal for story is a nice change since they have not really been anything since the campain.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought the story was continuing from shadowkeep every few months? This looks like such a side story.

It's a continuation of the Undying Mind story with the Vex, just as Van Bur3n predicted. The season passes will likely just be this whole Vex story arc while they save the darkness for the next big expansion or whatever the hell is coming next Sept.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaat the fuck. What in the actual hell. Again, fuck you players, suck a dick if you want THAT story to continue. Wait for the last season and maybe get something in Destiny 3 in 2 years.

This is exhausting. I have not been playing Destiny for some time now and I don't really want to come back. Zero hype for this trailer.
Okay, fine, scout looked amazing but it's a god damn scout which will suck I'm sure.

Those weapons in OP look sick, art is amazing as always. But for fuck's sake I wanna hear that story for fuck's sake.

:(

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Same as usual, Bungie can make top notch trailers.. but the content will be very lacking, especially given how lackluster the current season is.
Is it really a top notch trailer when it's the same old boring thing they've been doing for years, which is taking gameplay and putting it into super slo-mo? You're not wrong about how bad the current season is though. And this one has no raid to cover for the lackluster other content. Hopefully there's 4 or so new strikes to make up for it.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It's a continuation of the Undying Mind story with the Vex, just as Van Bur3n predicted. The season passes will likely just be this whole Vex story arc while they save the darkness for the next big expansion or whatever the hell is coming next Sept.

Okay but the Undying Mind did nothing threatening. Why the hell should I care about this story? It's just awful? Why lose your main plot to this shit?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
If they're not going to have a new raid, then the remaining PvE content has to make up for it. That means, new strikes, a new dungeon, exotic quests, a secret quest like Whisper or Zero Hour and a 6-man activity like Menagerie.

Based on how this season ended, I still have low expectations for Dawn. A new raid also means raid armor, weapons, mods, shaders, emblems, triumphs, an exotic and a seal. Not having any of that means whatever is in its place, has to be both challenging and give me incentive.
This man out here acting like a 10$ "season" is gonna be treated like some actual "expansion" by Bungie XD

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sundial is gonna be Vex Offensive on Mercury. Everything looks good and I've got the deluxe so I'm in no matter what, but I've tempered my expectations.

Everybody is getting flash kicked though. Everybody.

Oh 100%. Hopefully it'll at least be more dynamic than VO was. The fact that VO never changed other than the Undying Mind in the end of the season made it stale super quickly.
This man out here acting like a 10$ "season" is gonna be treated like some actual "expansion" by Bungie XD

Lmao seriously. People need to keep their expectations in check for these seasons. We're not getting anything too big for these.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland

it seems like the season story arcs are setting up things for the future to then face the darkness.

First season of undying was spent weakening and disrupting the Sol Divisive, and maybe showing that Ikora and Zavala can actually get something done, where before they always stood in the shadow of the great personality that was Cayde.

Now we spend a season with Osiris and Saint, two of the finest guardians the city had "lost", which would make for some pretty sweet allies against our favorite triangles.

Spending this years seasons building up the forces of the light is a much better story payoff than last year, where we basically just ran around getting black loot, playing illegal pvevp and growing thicc with strenght.

i only joined this summer, but if i get the layout right, season of dawn would be where season of Black forge was right ?
So there should be 2 more seasons before next September, one to correspond with season of drifty and one for season of thicc right
?

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
as long as I can get something forsaken sized in September I'm good

generally go in with no expectations for these filler seasons

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Whaaaat the fuck. What in the actual hell. Again, fuck you players, suck a dick if you want THAT story to continue. Wait for the last season and maybe get something in Destiny 3 in 2 years.

This is exhausting. I have not been playing Destiny for some time now and I don't really want to come back. Zero hype for this trailer.
Okay, fine, scout looked amazing but it's a god damn scout which will suck I'm sure.

Those weapons in OP look sick, art is amazing as always. But for fuck's sake I wanna hear that story for fuck's sake.

:(

That's actually how I feel. Lol

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Undying Mind watching all of this preparing to reveal itself at the end of the season once again.

creepy-guy-behind-plant-hide-gif-11543382.gif

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
But is the story background of the Gate we built not that we used it to Kill the UM in so many timelines it actually died for real ?
Which is why time is now broken on mercury ?

Uhhhhhhh, uhhhhhhhhhhh, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there was a timeline we missed. Oh my goodness, it is back again. But this time it's wearing pants.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Didnt they say this year will have a story that build up on each season? we are going on another tangent with this cabal time travel fuckery

!!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
This is literally continuing the story but the problem is that the story itself isn't compelling yet which is what I'm worried about.

The Darkness won't appear till D3 if they are still doing it.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love d3 to launch with next gen consoles but at the same time, for once, they should take their time. No reboots a year before release, please.
This is bungie. Even if people working there from the halo days are in the minority at this point, it's bungie. At this very moment something is getting rebooted completely or shelved for easy access dev ideas at a later date.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This is literally continuing the story but the problem is that the story itself isn't compelling yet which is what I'm worried about.

The Darkness won't appear till D3 if they are still doing it.

Yeah D3 is the start of the pyramid ships coming in the future. That's my guess. They'll fuck up the entire last city and we will be reset to zero but keep our stuff somehow.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am just happy that Destiny came to steam so its like, 4$ per season lol