• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever they changed in Crucible, I'm hating it right now. It looks like the meta changed to all six players sticking to the same corner and just trading peak shots. Doesn't help that I'm trying to finish up some catalysts but every match is a complete wash.
You should always complete catalysts in momentum control

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to d2armorpicker.com i realized i had a tripple 100 mobility, recovery, intellect set(not using stasis class and the aspect stat buffs) of armor just sitting in my vault forever. Of course I achieve this now that intellect is kinda useless, I guess? What is the verdict for intellect now after the changes last month? I feel like for PVE anything more than a 5 or 6 is kinda not worth it.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to d2armorpicker.com i realized i had a tripple 100 mobility, recovery, intellect set(not using stasis class and the aspect stat buffs) of armor just sitting in my vault forever. Of course I achieve this now that intellect is kinda useless, I guess? What is the verdict for intellect now after the changes last month? I feel like for PVE anything more than a 5 or 6 is kinda not worth it.

For PvE it isn't really worth running more than 5 or 6, correct. For stuff like Trials, I think 100 could work very well.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I would only run like 4 or 5 intellect.

Even with 100 intellect and a lower cooldown super while being the top player you're not usually gonna get a super that fast and that's IF you even get one, most of my Trials matches were superless this since this patch.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
…looking for some help for a pal. He's on Xbox (not Series X or S, last gen), and often when he loads in, he gets this x sign for players on different platforms.
LbzgWVd.jpg

They are clanmates. But he can't invite or join them. If I start a fireteam and invite both, he can't hear them and they can't hear him.
- they aren't blocked
- we've checked their settings to see if there's random crossplay stuff (but nothing appears to be set wrong)
- their NAT and party are set to open

The only fix seems to be a hard reset anytime he comes across it, which is often.

…is this a known issue with a fix by any chance?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
…looking for some help for a pal. He's on Xbox (not Series X or S, last gen), and often when he loads in, he gets this x sign for players on different platforms.
LbzgWVd.jpg

They are clanmates. But he can't invite or join them. If I start a fireteam and invite both, he can't hear them and they can't hear him.
- they aren't blocked
- we've checked their settings to see if there's random crossplay stuff (but nothing appears to be set wrong)
- their NAT and party are set to open

The only fix seems to be a hard reset anytime he comes across it, which is often.

…is this a known issue with a fix by any chance?
There's also a setting to enable in game chat, but I don't know if that explains the invite issues.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Older consoles have issue with cross game chat, happens sometimes.

Sometimes my friend who's on ps4 will have that icon when I'm on Pc and it shows that they're muted/blocked.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Tess herself is carrying the franchise. If she didn't sell millions of dollars of products Bungie couldn't buy away their own freedom from Evil Overlord Kotick.

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of nuking....

Once Forsaken is vaulted, how do we think exotics will work in the Monument to Lost Light?

I just did Xenology for the first time to get Ace of Spades but I don't have Forsaken anymore because it was removed from Game Pass. Do we think owning the expansion will still be required for those weapons?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of nuking....

Once Forsaken is vaulted, how do we think exotics will work in the Monument to Lost Light?

I just did Xenology for the first time to get Ace of Spades but I don't have Forsaken anymore because it was removed from Game Pass. Do we think owning the expansion will still be required for those weapons?
No. Same for the exotics from content which has been removed. Everyone should be able to buy them from the kiosk.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
To be serious for a moment, but it's unfortunate that the one unique aspect that Bungie created - Gambit - is the one that's completely neglected. lol

Speaking of nuking....

If you bought/buy the Forsaken DLC, they give you free ciphers that you can use to buy the exotics. Otherwise, yeah, I assume it'll be like the other exotics where you get a Xur cipher to buy them.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
If you want to go that route you can start whenever, I know there was some discussion about if bounties expire this time, but they were being generally vague as usual

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
Fully stocked on golf balls and got some fantastic rolls on staple exotics and Pali. Thanks LoS.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
No. Same for the exotics from content which has been removed. Everyone should be able to buy them from the kiosk.

Speaking of nuking....

Only Forsaken campaign (and Tangled Shores) getting vaulted. The Exotics, Dreaming City activities, Shatttered Throne Dungeon and Last Wish Raid will still be in the game and requires Forsaken Pack to access even after Witch Queen launched.

Unless I'm missing something (if so someone pls correct me), you should not be able to purchase Ace Of Spades if you don't own Forsaken Pack.

Last edited:

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I forget, what's the cadence on seasonal releases after an expansion launch? Is it worth starting to stock up on bounties soon?

It's a blur but I seem to recall that outside of the quick introductory quest to get the artifact, they staggered the content drops a week since they rightly expected people would be doing expansion stuff.

As for bounties, maybe? In the past, bounties from previous seasons that awarded rep messed with rank up rewards, making the powerful rewards drop at lower levels but they removed rep from bounties. Also Bungie could decide to wipe bounties to give everyone a clean slate, who knows. I wouldn't focus on it too much, just keep any non-seasonal bounties on you at this point. That's what I do after getting the triumphs related to season ranks.

Even if they all carry over fine, the only real benefit I can think of is getting rank 22 quickly and having quad boost to the seasonal exotic's catalyst quest. If your the type of person who is even considering prepping bounties, you'll likely be playing enough of the expansion to blitz through the ranks anyway. No need to burn yourself out grinding bounties a little over a month from the expansion dropping.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, looks like a Destiny expansion.

I'm more excited about the Captain Ginyu emote in the store this week.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I'm sure the player I saw the other day named "Savathun's Bathwater" is just giddy with excitement right now.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Can I get my Xenophage back? I miss my boi and they literally nerfed it for no good reason, since it wasn't even a top DPS weapon.

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
Damn. I thought the Phoenixfall ornament was going to be on sale for Bright Dust today.

Maybe it will be on the 25th.

Today In Destiny says the week of the 25th for that ornament

edit: Also says this week so nvm, my bad. Guess they cant be trusted #fakenews

Bungie realized it's a popular ornament and decided to take it out of the planned Bright Dust rotation. Those bastards. *Shake fist in the air*

The website is pretty clear that it's in the silver/spotlight position this week and will be up for dust in 2 resets.

If you hover over the ornament on that listing it says Silver in week 6 (today), and Bright Dust in week 8 (two weeks).

What they said.

I'm ready to dust off DMT once we get that Halo DMR skin next week.

I was weak and copped it for Silver.

I'm part of the problem :X
I caved too. Fashion is the true endgame.

Last edited:

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
Like in theory ability bounties are supposed to get you to use abilities more and feel out your options but so many abilities are useful in ways that don't kill that it just becomes a slog. At least in this blueberry's opinion.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Having tons of fun right now with Nova Warp in PvE. Handheld Supernova actually does quite a bit of damage in PvE. I'm combining it with an Adrenaline Junkie weapon atm. Not sure which exotic to use though.

Verity's Brow for more grenade damage and a team wide grenade buff, but worse Destiny fashion or Contraverse Holds for the consistency and looks, but worse damage and no benefits for teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.