• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
You better enjoy it, cause IRON BANNER is next week and those pinnacles are calling

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Hopefully this season progressively gets better starting this Friday because I'm just about checked out already....but i need my Mythoclast before i bail

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I just miss the other planet destinations tbh. Europa, EDZ & Cosmodrome just aren't interesting in the slightest

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
You better enjoy it, cause IRON BANNER is next week and those pinnacles are calling

I just hope you can turn in tokens without finishing the quest, just like last season. No way I'm going to do the sniper/MG kill step...

I just miss the other planet destinations tbh. Europa, EDZ & Cosmodrome just aren't interesting in the slightest

I actually like Europa, it feels really serene. But yes, I really miss Mars and Titan.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
so today I delivered space catnip to Mara Sov's space cat... statues? for some random loot

that is a BIG area, and I don't think it is used much? or does the last wish take place there?

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
so today I delivered space catnip to Mara Sov's space cat... statues? for some random loot

that is a BIG area, and I don't think it is used much? or does the last wish take place there?

It was a big deal during Forsaken era, considering you didnt even knew it existed until you completed the campaign. Lot of the post game stuff took place there. Sadly it has little going on these days, but I have a suspension we will be returning there shortly given all the loose ends.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a new favorite toy to play with, seasonal GL with Proximity/Slideshot/Frenzy. Just keep sliding and hipfiring non stop.

Tomeru

May 7, 2018
As a warlock, calus prestige raid armor is the first thing I ornamented. And I just want a well rolled Survivor's Epitaph... This grind is starting to get on my nerves, I'm playing less and less. If it werent for VoG, I wouldve probably sit this season out.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully future maps are better but Override is becoming pretty bad. Not near enough enemy density for 6 players, random pauses in the action for the lame target practice segments, having to run to and from to pick up motes, etc. Battlegrounds had more enemies and it was a 3 player event.

I'm trying to think of a worse event. Might be tied with Season of the Worthy's Seraph Towers.

Loot and story are great so far, hopefully Bungie has more in store gameplay wise though.

I think Override is far better than Vex Offensive, Seraph Towers, and Hunts. It's marginally better than Contact and Battlegrounds and pretty much on par with Sundial.

It's in the top-tier of seasonal activities released thus far under the current model, which isn't saying much when you look at what we've gotten through Y3 & 4.

Oct 25, 2017
Override is miles more fun than Battlegrounds at least, thank goodness. Battleground's felt like the most boring shit.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
What ruined Battlegrounds for me was 2/3's of the time one person would be afk until they were booted or left and it rarely added a 3rd so it turned into a half hour slog with only one other blue. So I'll take a 6 man activity all day over a 3.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm putting this in spoilers because even if it's not a stated fact in the game yet, this season has made it obvious enough with additional material I can't fathom another outcome otherwise. Do not read unless you're OK with potential spoilers.

The Osiris we've interacted with since Beyond Light started is Savathun. Here's why:

* Osiris losing Sagira means Savathun has the perfect cover. No ghost = no Light powers so Savathun can copy Osiris and have no one question him really.

* Osiris magically knows everything about the Hive cryptoliths, right down to knowing they were Xivu's and not Savathuns and how to deal with them. Osiris is obsessed with the Vex, not the Hive. While he does have some knowledge, he doesn't have THIS kind of knowledge.

* Osiris is determined to help Crow, but also keep Crow from the Vanguard even though the Vanguard would be cool with him because they respect the idea that a Guardian isn't who they were before they were risen. He's pretty deceptive about it.

* Osiris makes sure he has a front row seat by Zavala in managing the alliance with Caiatl.

* While doing that, it's stated that Osiris is aware of ancient Cabal rituals, some so ancient the Cabal don't do them anymore. Again, he's obsessed with the Vex and this form of ancient knowledge is crazy for him to know, imo.

* In some of the Chosen lore (e.g. Paradigm Shift and its other parts that show the conversation from each side) you see a conversation with Osiris & Saint. In this conversation Osiris is 1) extremely cold to Saint and 2) seems to not care about the Darkness in the Trials, even though previous Osiris had Vance cancel them for similar disturbances.

* One of the Glykon quotes involves Caiatl and Osiris talking about what they're hearing. Osiris says "The ignorance of my youth; the pain of change. Unproven faith wilted by logic." This doesn't line up with what he know about Osiris, but it does Savathun. The ignorance of taking on the worms, the pain of turning into the Hive, faith in being the final shape wilted by Sword Logic and the Worm's hunger.

* At the end of the Glykon story Osiris BRINGS THE CROWN OF SORROWS TO THE TOWER. The dumbest idea as it could easily manipulate the City to working for Savathun.

* In Override there's Osiris & Ikora lines where Ikora calls him a schemer and Osiris actually sounds surprised and angry, rather than taking it playfully like the real Osiris would since he's closest to Ikora.

* Osiris is the one who pushes for us to meet with Mithrax.

* The "Empty Vessel" weapon lore has Osiris talking with Saladin. In it Saladin says Osiris is acting unbecoming of himself, and in it Osiris says others believe Saladin called the hit on Zavala, a statement we have no proof of, to keep him away from Zavala.

* The website lore One Exile to Another has this in it: "I've seen pictures of noodles," Crow said doubtfully. "They look like worms." / Osiris smiled beneath his cowl.

* Season of the Chosen has a line where Osiris mentions using a "guise inside these walls more than you know".

* The most damning thing for me: the Beyond Light ViDoc said that this year Savathun was "going to place dominos" and then at the end of the year "knock them down". The only person who has completely driven all 3 seasons so far (worked with Crow, organized the Cabal alliance, organized the Mithrax alliance) is Osiris. There is legitimately no one else in these 3 seasons who could have laid any dominos in all 3 seasons.

Osiris has led to a setup of dominos that has undoubtedly made the Vanguard itself stronger (able to kill Savathun's worm?), but it's a domino setup that once the dominos are knocked over due to the heated interpersonal city relations already happening (see all the weapon lore involving humans trying to kill the House of Light eliksni this season and ofc FWC itself) could easily lead to a fractured Vanguard and humanity, one that would be in no position to easily take her on.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm putting this in spoilers because even if it's not a stated fact in the game yet, this season has made it obvious enough with additional material I can't fathom another outcome otherwise. Do not read unless you're OK with potential spoilers.

The Osiris we've interacted with since Beyond Light started is Savathun. Here's why:

* Osiris losing Sagira means Savathun has the perfect cover. No ghost = no Light powers so Savathun can copy Osiris and have no one question him really.

* Osiris magically knows everything about the Hive cryptoliths, right down to knowing they were Xivu's and not Savathuns and how to deal with them. Osiris is obsessed with the Vex, not the Hive. While he does have some knowledge, he doesn't have THIS kind of knowledge.

* Osiris is determined to help Crow, but also keep Crow from the Vanguard even though the Vanguard would be cool with him because they respect the idea that a Guardian isn't who they were before they were risen. He's pretty deceptive about it.

* Osiris makes sure he has a front row seat by Zavala in managing the alliance with Caiatl.

* While doing that, it's stated that Osiris is aware of ancient Cabal rituals, some so ancient the Cabal don't do them anymore. Again, he's obsessed with the Vex and this form of ancient knowledge is crazy for him to know, imo.

* In some of the Chosen lore (e.g. Paradigm Shift and its other parts that show the conversation from each side) you see a conversation with Osiris & Saint. In this conversation Osiris is 1) extremely cold to Saint and 2) seems to not care about the Darkness in the Trials, even though previous Osiris had Vance cancel them for similar disturbances.

* One of the Glykon quotes involves Caiatl and Osiris talking about what they're hearing. Osiris says "The ignorance of my youth; the pain of change. Unproven faith wilted by logic." This doesn't line up with what he know about Osiris, but it does Savathun. The ignorance of taking on the worms, the pain of turning into the Hive, faith in being the final shape wilted by Sword Logic and the Worm's hunger.

* At the end of the Glykon story Osiris BRINGS THE CROWN OF SORROWS TO THE TOWER. The dumbest idea as it could easily manipulate the City to working for Savathun.

* In Override there's Osiris & Ikora lines where Ikora calls him a schemer and Osiris actually sounds surprised and angry, rather than taking it playfully like the real Osiris would since he's closest to Ikora.

* Osiris is the one who pushes for us to meet with Mithrax.

* The "Empty Vessel" weapon lore has Osiris talking with Saladin. In it Saladin says Osiris is acting unbecoming of himself, and in it Osiris says others believe Saladin called the hit on Zavala, a statement we have no proof of, to keep him away from Zavala.

* The website lore One Exile to Another has this in it: "I've seen pictures of noodles," Crow said doubtfully. "They look like worms." / Osiris smiled beneath his cowl.

* Season of the Chosen has a line where Osiris mentions using a "guise inside these walls more than you know".

* The most damning thing for me: the Beyond Light ViDoc said that this year Savathun was "going to place dominos" and then at the end of the year "knock them down". The only person who has completely driven all 3 seasons so far (worked with Crow, organized the Cabal alliance, organized the Mithrax alliance) is Osiris. There is legitimately no one else in these 3 seasons who could have laid any dominos in all 3 seasons.

Osiris has led to a setup of dominos that has undoubtedly made the Vanguard itself stronger (able to kill Savathun's worm?), but it's a domino setup that once the dominos are knocked over due to the heated interpersonal city relations already happening (see all the weapon lore involving humans trying to kill the House of Light eliksni this season and ofc FWC itself) could easily lead to a fractured Vanguard and humanity, one that would be in no position to easily take her on.
This all does make sense, but isn't Savathun in the city right now disguised as a young woman? That wouldn't make sense to have Osiris too right?

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
This all does make sense, but isn't Savathun in the city right now disguised as a young woman? That wouldn't make sense to have Osiris too right?

While I don't know exactly what you're referencing (esp. if it's future stuff), Savathun can freely change her disguise at will as far as we know so she could hold multiple disguises depending on the situation. After all Osiris is a prominent enough person you wouldn't want to be in that disguise if you're trying to be hidden, just for when you're conducting business.

Oct 27, 2017
same.
im in a weird boat and got my Forsaken and Shadowkeep on ps4 and Europa on pc since i switched over after 6 years playing in 30fps :/... them taking away over half that game is just BS tbh... im missing the other story missions and IO was such a pretty planet. for me Europa, Earth and Nessus it makes that game feel pretty bare bones.. but im not REBUYING dlc that is 100% irrelevant in drops but they still charge for it..
-______________________- bungle you are fucking crazy.

Oct 29, 2017
More boring than Wrathborn hunts?

Honestly, nothing was more boring than Wrathborn hunts.

Seraph towers were more fun than Wrathborn hunts.

Season of Arrivals and Contact were some great stuff, and this feels like an evolution of it. I like it much better than Battlegrounds (which I still thought was good), particularly because it doesn't take nearly as long to complete. I enjoy strikes, but I don't want my seasonal activity to be a strike.

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
Worthy's public event was way worse than Override, especially when it changed mid-season and became more about keeping enemies off the plates. Probably the most annoying PVE experience I've ever had in Destiny. Override's biggest sin is just being a bit boring
I feel like if we had known how absolutely amazing Warmind cells were back then, we would have found the event far more manageable.

We were still stuck in the MT/Recluse meta to realize that even though those seraph guns had terrible perks, matching them up to Warmind cell builds would have helped that event greatly.

Oct 27, 2017
about the hunts?

so i got the first season with europa i guess but i was wondering can i even still upgrade the hunter thing crow gave me to the max without the bounties...? I thought all seasons stay in the game until the next ex-pack. i didn't like the hunts that much seemed like alot of work for one or two drops but i was wondering... can i still upgrade it or not so i can do the master empire hunts ?
even though the new 6 man thing is fun it being the only thing for me to do is gonna get old fast....

Oct 25, 2017
While I don't know exactly what you're referencing (esp. if it's future stuff), Savathun can freely change her disguise at will as far as we know so she could hold multiple disguises depending on the situation. After all Osiris is a prominent enough person you wouldn't want to be in that disguise if you're trying to be hidden, just for when you're conducting business.
I read it somewhere that Savathun was disguised was a young woman in the city, just can't remember when. But I do have faith in your theory too.

Oct 29, 2017
I read it somewhere that Savathun was disguised was a young woman in the city, just can't remember when. But I do have faith in your theory too.

Speaking of, I saw an interesting bit that goes deeper into the cause of the current simulation within the city, causing the "long night" lol. This hasn't been explicitly stated, I don't think, but it's something people noticed and pointed out so I'll put it in spoiler tags.

There is a Hydra that phases in at the end of the intro mission for the season, but it looks larger and more elaborate than a normal Hydra. It also has a white glow covering the bottom half of it (which is still present even after all of the Vex phasing-in effects have vanished around it). People believe this is Quria, the Vex mind that is Taken and working with Savathun, and most notably responsible for helping her with the curse in the Dreaming City. If this is true, then Quria has taken hold of the Vex Domain and is responsible for the simulation in the city, working with Savathun. Who according to lore and hints is already within the walls of our city.

With this in mind, the name of the giant Vex we fought in the intro mission makes more sense: Tacitas, Subjugated Mind. It is subjugated by Quria and Savathun.

Possibly related, Tacitas is Latin for "quiet", or "voiceless".

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I like this idea, but I think ultimately it this happens it will be that he has been corrupted by Savathun and is not Savathun herself. Sagira probably could have helped shield him from any corruption. I feel like the "Anyone can be Savathun!" angle is weak because then like, who the hell can anyone trust at all. Hell, WE could be Savathun with that logic.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I think Override is far better than Vex Offensive, Seraph Towers, and Hunts. It's marginally better than Contact and Battlegrounds and pretty much on par with Sundial.

It's in the top-tier of seasonal activities released thus far under the current model, which isn't saying much when you look at what we've gotten through Y3 & 4.

Override just need more enemy density (final wave on the splicing part should have been the base line) and harder enemies (not enough orange/yellow bar and the champions feels weaker than Hero NF's).

I like it for messing around with non optimal weapons/build lol.

Oct 29, 2017
I like this idea, but I think ultimately it this happens it will be that he has been corrupted by Savathun and is not Savathun herself. Sagira probably could have helped shield him from any corruption. I feel like the "Anyone can be Savathun!" angle is weak because then like, who the hell can anyone trust at all. Hell, WE could be Savathun with that logic.

That would be a wild twist, if we were lol

I think it's highly likely that Osiris is at least corrupted by Savathun. Because Crow is heard whistling her song, signifying his corruption (and he pals around with Osiris and Saint-14, who is also supposedly corrupted).

I think it's safe to assume that Osiris, Lakshmi, Crow, Saint, Shaxx, and Eris are all corrupted. Probably more characters that I am forgetting.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018

I think it's highly likely that Osiris is at least corrupted by Savathun. Because Crow is heard whistling her song, signifying his corruption (and he pals around with Osiris and Saint-14, who is also supposedly corrupted).

I think it's safe to assume that Osiris, Lakshmi, Crow, Saint, Shaxx, and Eris are all corrupted. Probably more characters that I am forgetting.
I don't even want to imagine what sort of boss fight Shaxx would be.

SEATLiens

Aug 28, 2019
Seattle
Menagerie despite being the first 6 man non raid activity is still by far the best compared to every seasonal activity we've had since.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Got Eyes of Tomorrow.

Gonna give my Xenophage a break from invading those seeking Salvation

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
Override > Battlegrounds

It's excellent. I can go in there and mindlessly work on my catalysts. Plus I've decrypted about 30 Splicer Armaments already. The auto rifle is very good, everybody loves the kinetic grenade launcher too, but I'm really sad about the performance of the pulse rifle so far. Was looking forward to the pulse the most.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
The game says the Tangled Shore lost sector gives the new legs today but it currently doesn't.

It gives exotic helmets. Reading this on reddit too.

Good job, bungie.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Override is just the right amount of length. Don't mind grinding it currently. Also, I'm hearing word that Deathbringer with catalyst is super legit now. I'm glad because it's a cool exotic.

I just need to finish grinding out this Heir Apparent catalyst and that's next.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Override is fine, but it needs a little more (powerful) enemies to shoot at. With 6 people running around, everything dies so quickly I feel like I spend more time running than shooting. It doesn't make sense that Battlegrounds throws more enemies at you than Overrides, and that's with 3 players.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017

this would be terrible from a character development perspective. Osiris, sure. his history of arrogance and pushing the limits of acceptable knowledge definitely sets himself up for an arc like that. But Lakshmi, Saint and Saladin (i assume you mean Saladin and not Shaxx) are just being straight up racists, and excusing that with a hand wave "oh, it was just Savathun all along that made them say those mean things" is a cop out to actually considering that attitude from a narrative perspective. Crow is a wildcard here, as he obviously has a history of being corrupted, but throwing away his redemption arc for another "gotcha" moment seems like it wouldn't lead to much narrative payoff, unless maybe he realizes it and self-exiles or something. Eris, on the other hand, i don't see anything to indicate that she's been corrupted by Savathun; she's been dabbling with the Darkness itself, but by all accounts that's been direct, and in fact Savathun didn't really seem to like the fact that Eris and Drifter were trying to directly communicate with the Pyramids and was actively trying to stop them.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

"Fashion really does drive my playtime."

mr-rogers-clown-mask.gif

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
this would be terrible from a character development perspective. Osiris, sure. his history of arrogance and pushing the limits of acceptable knowledge definitely sets himself up for an arc like that. But Lakshmi, Saint and Saladin (i assume you mean Saladin and not Shaxx) are just being straight up racists, and excusing that with a hand wave "oh, it was just Savathun all along that made them say those mean things" is a cop out to actually considering that attitude from a narrative perspective. Crow is a wildcard here, as he obviously has a history of being corrupted, but throwing away his redemption arc for another "gotcha" moment seems like it wouldn't lead to much narrative payoff, unless maybe he realizes it and self-exiles or something. Eris, on the other hand, i don't see anything to indicate that she's been corrupted by Savathun; she's been dabbling with the Darkness itself, but by all accounts that's been direct, and in fact Savathun didn't really seem to like the fact that Eris and Drifter were trying to directly communicate with the Pyramids and was actively trying to stop them.

Shaxx is also corrupted, probably through the Ahamkara skull next toe him. I think even in game Eris notes that the song he sings in the Devil's Ruin mission is to the tune of Savathun's Song. Saladin is one of the few that hasn't shown any signs of Savathun's corruption, he's just a fascist asshole.

Though yea I agree it would be awful cop out the entire season was hand waved by Savathun.

"Fashion really does drive my playtime."

mr-rogers-clown-mask.gif

He's either extremely bad or this is intentional because he was also behind the shitpost in the TWAB about how synths work.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
about the hunts?

so i got the first season with europa i guess but i was wondering can i even still upgrade the hunter thing crow gave me to the max without the bounties...? I thought all seasons stay in the game until the next ex-pack. i didn't like the hunts that much seemed like alot of work for one or two drops but i was wondering... can i still upgrade it or not so i can do the master empire hunts ?
even though the new 6 man thing is fun it being the only thing for me to do is gonna get old fast....
I upgraded it to level 9 in the last few weeks just to do the story stuff from that season that I missed. Not sure what the max is but I guess it's take decently long with any bonuses from season pass and bounties

Oct 29, 2017

Typical indication of Savathun's corruption is hearing/repeating Savathun's Song. Shaxx has heard it (I meant Shaxx, not Saladin. Saladin is being racist yes, but I haven't seen any indication that he is corrupted by Savathun), Eris sang it if I remember correctly (or at least hummed it). Crow has hummed it. If Crow has remained in close proximity to Osiris and Saint, it's a very real possility that they are also corrupted (maybe even the ones who corrupted Crow in the first place, I seem to remember a mission where Shaxx sings a song to Saint that is the same exact melody as Savathun's Song).

Technically WE (us, not our guardians) are corrupted, as the song was the menu theme for the game since Shadowkeep lol

Savathun's Song is the key, here.

Also, I don't think laksmhi, Saladin, and Saint are being racist because they are corrupted (again I don't think Saladin is corrupted). But they can be both racist and corrupted (in the case of Lakshmi), or racist and not corrupted (in the case of Saladin, I believe). I think the three of these characters are this way for their own reasons, independent of being corrupted. Lakshmi is racist because she only cares about her immediate people, and is willing to kill innocents of another race to ensure their safety or gain political power for herself. Saint is racist because of his experience in combat with the Fallen, as well as personal prejudices against their nature. Saladin seems like the typical old school "back in my day" maga grandpa, unfortunately. I think all of that is part of their character, and I don't think it has to do with Savathun. I agree, if they try to wipe away the sins of these characters and handwave it as all Savathun's fault that would be lame.

Last edited:

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
Anybody have any Gridskipper rolls they really like? What do people think of the new pulse?

I just got one with High Caliber Rounds, Heating Up, and Frenzy (fluted barrel, stability MW). Which is a pretty decent roll, but I'm worried that I might have to have max stability in the first two columns and MW in order for this gun to work.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question, todayindestiny is showing K1 Logistics as the Lost Sector to farm Exotic Legs, but in game it doesn't show as such for me. I want to farm Hunter's Star Eater Scales but the supposed lost sector for such is not popping up for me.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in a while, which were the resources where I can see for example what's a good hunter build or the best pve handcannons?

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Did Presage for the Dead Man's Tale exotic. man, that was tense, but super fun. Amazing quest. Guess Ill have to run it again some more to get a good extra perk (no way I can solo the master version for the catalyst...)

TotalMackerel

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question, todayindestiny is showing K1 Logistics as the Lost Sector to farm Exotic Legs, but in game it doesn't show as such for me. I want to farm Hunter's Star Eater Scales but the supposed lost sector for such is not popping up for me.
Right now the empty tank on tangled shore is showing as exotic leg armor for me. However, I've completed it multiple times and got 2 exotic helmets.