• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Instant purchase. Really interested to see what the Physical CE will be.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. The original Destiny only had Year 1 and Year 2, right?

I guess we won't be seeing Destiny 3 until 2020.

Both had 3 years, I'm ok with Bungie waiting until the next gen drops to reveal D3

D1

Year 1 = Dark Below/House of Wolves
Year 2 = The Taken King
Year 3 = The Rise of Iron

D2

Year 1 = Curse of Osiris/Warmind
Year 2 = Forsaken/Season of Forge/Drifter/Opulence
Year 3 = Shadowkeep?

Shooter

Oct 28, 2017
Can't really get hyped knowing Bungie will just nerf everything fun/powerful just like they did at the end of Forsaken.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Already bought.

It's hilarious how Bungo have a direct line to my bank card.

What have I become?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that we should know more details Thursday at 10AM Pacific / 1PM Eastern:

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
really digging that art! The moon was one of my favorite D1 destinations so I am hyped to see it return.

Gots

Feb 20, 2019
Canada
Not really excited about the moon being used for a location again but whatever. Will wait for more details

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Forsaken was incredible and Rise of Iron left Destiny 1 in such a good state that it's still fun to play years after its sequel came out. I'm all in on this one.

Hoping we see some wizards from that moon. 🤓

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like the new Veil faction that's meant to be the main antagonists for D3 will be a part of this. I wonder if it will also include the new Darkness subclasses as well.

I hope so, Destiny 3 taking full advantage of the new next gen hardware is an insta buy for me. I hope for a WoW scale game play large raids, bigger sized worlds, more npc thanks to cpu etcs.

Don't hold your breath. That's still a massive undertaking and considering Bungie needed two support studios to bolster D2, I can't see them expanding the scope of D3 too much.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I assumed with Bungie free of Activision that there wouldn't be any expansions like this and they would just go straight to Destiny 3.
I'm sure we'll see exactly what an Activison-less Destiny looks like when a proper sequel is revealed. This is probably part of the roadmap that they're still following. Or maybe they'll continue with the way things are. We really don't know.

ArabianPrynce

Jun 1, 2019
What if it's cross-gen? :///
Its most definitely is unfortunately, bungie cant afford to miss out on a large userbase from the ps4/xbx1 now since they are independant and dont have activision funding. I think we will see them taking advantage of next gen in later expansions. Like how rise of iron was next gen exclusive since their raid was too much to handle on normal consoles.

ArabianPrynce

Jun 1, 2019
I am excited but wont be able to play since i didnt buy D2 at launch and fucking behind on everthing. Its pretty demotivating to try to catch since there is an overwhelming amount of content i need to play.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I quit soon after D2 release after I leveled and finished the emperor raid a few times, just lost interest in the grind and the raids for the xpacs seemed way too hardcore for my tastes / time / skill. Every xpac since has sounded interesting but also like "well... i'd be so lost and unable to catch up so why bother". This just seems more of the same.

I wonder what the rate of return players is for Destiny 2, I know for stuff like world of warcraft they have a huge surge every new xpac. Same for something like this?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I quit soon after D2 release after I leveled and finished the emperor raid a few times, just lost interest in the grind and the raids for the xpacs seemed way too hardcore for my tastes / time / skill. Every xpac since has sounded interesting but also like "well... i'd be so lost and unable to catch up so why bother". This just seems more of the same.

I wonder what the rate of return players is for Destiny 2, I know for stuff like world of warcraft they have a huge surge every new xpac. Same for something like this?

You can literally get a full set of 690 gear from doing a single mission in the upcoming season. This is the best time to jump back in because you can catch up immediately.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

It tends to surge back up into the top 10 most played games on Xbox whenever a new pac drops. I think it hit 7th right after season of the drifter. It was 13th last week at the end of a season. So it hovers in that 7 - 13 range most of the time.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
You can literally get a full set of 690 gear from doing a single mission in the upcoming season. This is the best time to jump back in because you can catch up immediately.

I hit....either 600 or 650 (can't remember which season) and it burnt me out super hard. How exactly does this mission work?

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we please do something different?

I am tired of the minor tweaks to the grind, I want actual new experiences with Destiny from flying ships in space with combat to fully explorable open planets.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I hit....either 600 or 650 (can't remember which season) and it burnt me out super hard. How exactly does this mission work?

As of last season, they didnt want people to burn out to be able to play the new content so they added a catch up mechanic for lapsed players. It is a mission you do that gives you gear slightly under the max from last season so you can just jump in and play the new content without having to grind.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I am tired of the minor tweaks to the grind, I want actual new experiences with Destiny from flying ships in space with combat to fully explorable open planets.
What is this pathological obsession with flying ships? Its a shlooter, Star citizen is over there.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

I rather them put the resources they would waste on ship combat towards a new dungeon. This ain't star fox or stars wars battlefront.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As of last season, they didnt want people to burn out to be able to play the new content so they added a catch up mechanic for lapsed players. It is a mission you do that gives you gear slightly under the max from last season so you can just jump in and play the new content without having to grind.

Huh, that sounds pretty nice. I haven't played since a week after Forsaken came out.

This new expansion tempts me. The moon was my favorite location in D1.

Dez_

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly though Halo Reach's ship combat stage would have been indicative of something similar for Destiny, given the large amount of ships. I would still want to have ship combat, but I've made my peace with that.

New Destiny expansion, I'm all for it.