• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I got about halfway through mythic 2 via solo q, now I'm back down to 3.7 as I've been helping others get Fabled and it's been a bit rocky at times.

Going to make another push in a bit.

How are you finding it where you are?

Well like I said yesterday it seemed really sweaty and lost a lot. Tonight though two matches, two pretty scrubby opposite teams (and aces on my side as well I guess). That's why I was thinking it really does get harder as you rank up, yesterday.

More to the point I havent yet really seen any deviation from single digit lost points and ~200 won points. If that keeps up then it's just a matter of the grind.

I am just really curious if and how (less points, harder opposition)? it stiffens up the further you go.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Well like I said yesterday it seemed really sweaty and lost a lot. Tonight though two matches, two pretty scrubby opposite teams (and aces on my side as well I guess). That's why I was thinking it really does get harder as you rank up, yesterday.

I am just really curious if and how (less points, harder opposition)? it stiffens up the further you go.
It started slowing down noticeably for me around Mythic, I think that might be because games started getting much closer. I zoomed to Fabled and felt like a total beast, then reality smacked me back down. I had a horrible run of like 10 games where I did awful, but then a few wins and I was back up. So it is definitely much easier than it was still and I think, with a bit of luck and persistence, Legend could be a possibility for us...

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. The missions & strikes are really fun. Only played for 13 hours so far but that's the most I've played a online game since Call of Duty Ghost.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. The missions & strikes are really fun. Only played for 13 hours so far but that's the most I've played a online game since Call of Duty Ghost.
If you're feeling social you should join the discord if you haven't, and even if you don't feel super social it's great for finding guardians for non-match-made content.

I'm assuming you haven't done much end-game stuff, and that's where the game really starts to shine.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It started slowing down noticeably for me around Mythic, I think that might be because games started getting much closer. I zoomed to Fabled and felt like a total beast, then reality smacked me back down. I had a horrible run of like 10 games where I did awful, but then a few wins and I was back up. So it is definitely much easier than it was still and I think, with a bit of luck and persistence, Legend could be a possibility for us...

Yeah it's a long way off and I dont have a feel for how dooable it is for average players I have not read enough evidence on the internet. (btw I'm sure you're better than me, and anyways at this point I think I'm pretty awful, SK threw me off). Both those comp matches tonight I think I was easily last on my team IIRC. Love to see those unbrokens on my side though.

Would like to get NF, on console I've read it's more deadly than ever after the range nerfs, because it still has good range and howl extra damage I think helps give it more effective range.

I'd even dream of unbroken but, I wouldn't count on Bungie to not change the glory system up every season, putting it out of my reach even if it was achievable one season.

That said unbroken really means something right now, and part of me would hate to see that go. That's why I thought they should make a separate title for people who love/grind crucible but arent necessarily top 1% players.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it true prestige rewards you have to level up each gear before you'll get the next light level?

I.e. get all gear to 951, then start getting 952?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's a long way off and I dont have a feel for how dooable it is for average players I have not read enough evidence on the internet. (btw I'm sure you're better than me, and anyways at this point I think I'm pretty awful, SK threw me off). Both those comp matches tonight I think I was easily last on my team IIRC. Love to see those unbrokens on my side though.

Would like to get NF, on console I've read it's more deadly than ever after the range nerfs, because it still has good range and howl extra damage I think helps give it more effective range.

I'd even dream of unbroken but, I wouldn't count on Bungie to not change the glory system up every season, putting it out of my reach even if it was achievable one season.
The games feel sweatier now, but they still feel winnable. And I've seen legend players and people showing off higher glory than me in games where teams have been even and we were playing on par.

Of course, I've been stomped by some players too, but I've seen enough variants at all glory stages that I feel it's possible. Also the fact that team rng can be In your favour, and a good streak will count for a big boost...

So i think it might be patience. Based on what I've seem so far, if you can solo to where you are it feels like there's a chance. It's constant focus though, like small mistakes lose games, little triumphs push you over the line... so it feels more exhausting too...

I'm getting too old for these games, lol, I'd love for my final real pvp focus to make it to Legend, so I'm going to give it my all!

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
If you're feeling social you should join the discord if you haven't, and even if you don't feel super social it's great for finding guardians for non-match-made content.

I'm assuming you haven't done much end-game stuff, and that's where the game really starts to shine.
Thanks for the advice! I've been wanting to check out the raids so I'll definitely keep discord in mind.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I found the reason for my horrible Crucible streak: the Shadowkeep update reset my sensitivity settings.

Set it back to my liking and boom. Back to back wins 1st and 2nd place.

I knew something felt off but I shrugged it off that I haven't just played in a month prior to Shadowkeep.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Not to my knowledge no - i mean it would be ideal if you can have as many pieces as close to cap as possible to ensure pinnacle drops as high as it can but all it is from my understanding is just a higher drop cap on pinnacle drops.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to get a good Adhortative, but I keep rolling Optative, Subjunctive, and Imperative instead. I've got amazing rolls for all three of those guns, and I've gotten at least a dozen of each (if not more) with only four or five Adhortatives. I even got a Firmly Planted/Headseeker Adhortative with a bunch of stability/handling barrel perks, which I'm pretty sure is literally the worst roll you can get on the gun.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
One of the Garden Salvation triumphs, Stop Hitting Yourself says "Defeat the Sanctified Mind after killing 20 enemies with Vex Instantiation". What is Vex Instantiation?

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
One of the Garden Salvation triumphs, Stop Hitting Yourself says "Defeat the Sanctified Mind after killing 20 enemies with Vex Instantiation". What is Vex Instantiation?
I believe it's
the "building" of the floors with the tethering. Creating (and possibly even when the boss takes away) a floor while enemies are on the floorspace kills them.
I got the triumph yesterday, pretty sure that's what it was.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it's
the "building" of the floors with the tethering. Creating (and possibly even when the boss takes away) a floor while enemies are on the floorspace kills them.
I got the triumph yesterday, pretty sure that's what it was.

You got it without trying? I wouldn't even know how to do it consistently much less do it 20 times in a single fight. The DPS phases are on a timer so it's not like you can wait for the stars to align.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'd like to get a good Adhortative, but I keep rolling Optative, Subjunctive, and Imperative instead. I've got amazing rolls for all three of those guns, and I've gotten at least a dozen of each (if not more) with only four or five Adhortatives. I even got a Firmly Planted/Headseeker Adhortative with a bunch of stability/handling barrel perks, which I'm pretty sure is literally the worst roll you can get on the gun.
I need to start looking into the rolls I have, I just vaulted them all for now. :lol

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
the moon bounties count in vex offensive??? Lol that's convenient
Yeah, though if you purely just want to exp farm doing the Moon bounties in a lost sector is probably more efficient overall, as you can do 3 or 4 runs (1 level up) in the time it takes for 1 Vex Offensive. But no reason not to do them when doing some Ikora weapon bounties/weekly Vex Offensive too, they usually work quite well with Ikora's, so can usually do all them without too much trouble. Dismantle the Moon bounty for Rapid Precision kills though, I'm 99% sure it's bugged.

Oct 27, 2017
And there was me thinking I'd done well to get to season rank 36.

Looking forward to getting my hands on those ornaments though they look great.
You have, I take two weeks (well, 10-11 days) off every year in the fall generally for the Destiny expansion or a new Halo/whatever and play the hell out of it. The ornaments look really good on the Titan and Warlock as well but I didn't screenshot it.

Can you give me info on what weapon types correlate with each element of armor?

Last edited:

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I got Jade Rabbit last night. Everyone said JR is a great PvP scout now. But I can't get on with it. I don't like it as much as Mida or DNC (with explosive payload). But I can't work out why? Everyone else seems to much prefer Jade Rabbit. Is it just something that you get used to or is it I'm doing it wrong?

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have, I take two weeks off every year in the fall generally for the Destiny expansion or a new Halo/whatever and play the hell out of it. The ornaments look really good on the Titan and Warlock as well but I didn't screenshot it.

Can you give me info on what weapon types correlate with each element of armor?

Void
Hand-cannons, Side arms, GLs, Scouts, Snipers
Arc
Pulse, MGs, Swords, Bows, Shottys
Solar
Rockets, ARs, Fusions, SMG, Linears

The biggest changes are helmets no longer offer the big perks (Ashes to assets, heavy lifting); class items are now the go to for that. Helmets are now focus on targeting. The other three remain pretty much the same; with a few swaps here and there.

Upgrading your armor actually effects the stats now. Armor 1.0 in y2 could have similar cools downs with 4/5/5. Armor 2.0 cannot start as high with base stats (usually, you either can get 4/5/5 and lose out on ability cooldowns or vice versa). If you upgrade your armor to 10 level masterwork (which requires a buttload of glimmer, shards, 3 enhancement cores, 3 enhancement shards and 1 ascendant shard) you can acutally have higher stats than y2 gear ever could.

Y2 armor 1.0 base stats are now lower by default however since they all switch to armor 2.0 stats. Their swap stat only gives plus 1(it's also why traction doesn't add a mobility buff anymore.)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I got Jade Rabbit last night. Everyone said JR is a great PvP scout now. But I can't get on with it. I don't like it as much as Mida or DNC (with explosive payload). But I can't work out why? Everyone else seems to much prefer Jade Rabbit. Is it just something that you get used to or is it I'm doing it wrong?
I'm not a fan of it either. It's perk encourages shooting in the chest and then head, so if you are just going for headshots you aren't really using it right. But I'd rather just use Mida or Polaris Lance and headshot most of the time.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right now, the only real downside to 2.0 is no more ammo finders for just ammo and the fact that weapons/perks are tied to elements (which is silly).

That and the fact that certain perk combos are no longer doable unless you save y2 armor. (My godrolled One eyed for starters)

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm not a fan of it either. It's perk encourages shooting in the chest and then head, so if you are just going for headshots you aren't really using it right. But I'd rather just use Mida or Polaris Lance and headshot most of the time.

I think my trouble is with Mida I can strafe and land consistent headshots and I've got used to that. I guess JR doesn't work like that - so I'd need to adjust as you say.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Right now, the only real downside to 2.0 is no more ammo finders for just ammo and the fact that weapons/perks are tied to elements (which is silly).

That and the fact that certain perk combos are no longer doable unless you save y2 armor. (My godrolled One eyed for starters)
There's no more ammo finders?

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
So far im having a really good time with Shadowkeep, not really run out of any matts or shards or glimmer and im enjoying armor 2.0 with ornaments and mods

Season ranks up real fast with bounties too so im constantly leveling up for something, so far feels pretty good all and all

931/37

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

i dont understand what they were going for here.

how is this better or simpler or more versatile than what we already had?

It just makes endless nonsense, now I gotta get a high roll, of the right element, in the stats that I want, then lock it down with an absurd amount of resources to masterwork it. And then what if I get a better roll after that, or what if I want to stop using pulse rifles and start using scouts. All that insane amount of resources are out the door, I'm not getting any appreciable amount back.

It's maybe not terrible, but not great either. and totally doesn't live up to being able to customize one preexisting set of armor how you want it. And I cant forgive bad design with "well they wanted to make more things to grind for". We could have that without it being a convoluted mess.

Well, I guess on the plus side, they didn't make it too easy...

That guy in here who talked about sharding/vault paralysis by analysis...well it's 20 times worse with armor 2.0. I can stare at my armor for 30 minutes trying to decide whether to delete it.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i dont understand what they were going for here.

how is this better or simpler or more versatile than what we already had?

It just makes endless nonsense, now I gotta get a high roll, of the right element, in the stats that I want, then lock it down with an absurd amount of resources to masterwork it. And then what if I get a better roll after that, or what if I want to stop using pulse rifles and start using scouts. All that insane amount of resources are out the door, I'm not getting any appreciable amount back.

It's maybe not terrible, but not great either. and totally doesn't live up to being able to customize one preexisting set of armor how you want it. And I cant forgive bad design with "well they wanted to make more things to grind for". We could have that without it being a convoluted mess.

Well, I guess on the plus side, they didn't make it too easy...

That guy in here who talked about sharding/vault paralysis by analysis...well it's 20 times worse with armor 2.0. I can stare at my armor for 30 minutes trying to decide whether to delete it.
You just use the generic mods instead; they cost more energy but apply more broadly with the same effect.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
You just use the generic mods instead; they cost more energy but apply more broadly with the same effect.

Pulse Rifle loader costs like 1 doesnt it? vs 5 for general loaders I think?

Past 5 energy starts getting costly fast. I use intellect or mobility mods on all my armor to start, or else my stats would be even more pathetic than they are. So basically to add anything else costs me an arm and a leg. I'm only sitting on 100 enhancement cores.

I guess I get it that you could use that as a workaround especially after your armor is MWed. But then I'd worry about what if I find a better stats piece? Which this early is definitely going to happen and a lot. And it's not even just a higher number, but which stats are high. For example a high armor piece but with a lot of it in strength is undesirable to me. So far I've got all stuff in high 50's at best.

I read Reckoning Tier 3 is good for getting armor up to high 60's, game thinks it's a pinnacle activity. Hope Bungie dont patch it.

It is sort of fun to slowly build from the bottom I guess. It's like it set my armor back to zero and now I've got to rebuild it all.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I sort of understand where the aquatic apex predator is coming from, for those without the bandwidth and time, armour 2.0 looks convoluted, but the more I messed with it, the clearer it became.

But at first glance, it looks impenetrable.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Woah.... there are only 6 bows in the game? I tried my first one and it felt really good, I like these things. I rarely ever see anyone using one though, I guess bullets > arrows

I picked Hunter because I wanted to use bows, I found one in my 40 hours with the game I only found one in the first hour or so but nothing since then.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pulse Rifle loader costs like 1 doesnt it? vs 5 for general loaders I think?

Past 5 energy starts getting costly fast. I use intellect or mobility mods on all my armor to start, or else my stats would be even more pathetic than they are. So basically to add anything else costs me an arm and a leg. I'm only sitting on 100 enhancement cores.

I guess I get it that you could use that as a workaround especially after your armor is MWed. But then I'd worry about what if I find a better stats piece? Which this early is definitely going to happen and a lot. And it's not even just a higher number, but which stats are high. For example a high armor piece but with a lot of it in strength is undesirable to me. So far I've got all stuff in high 50's at best.

I read Reckoning Tier 3 is good for getting armor up to high 60's, game thinks it's a pinnacle activity. Hope Bungie dont patch it.

It is sort of fun to slowly build from the bottom I guess. It's like it set my armor back to zero and now I've got to rebuild it all.
My advice is to start looking for armor pieces now.

I've already finished my titan's builds; my hunter is missing one piece!

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
They aren't, but from what I know Hunters have an exotic that can make them indefinitely hold a bow shot, so that may have made him pick a Hunter.

Hunters also have a subclass that use Bow Supers, plus I saw some footage and trailers of Hunters kicking ass with bows and thought, That's the class for me!

Expecting bows to be a Hunter thing and to be dropping more.

Hunter is a bit of a weird class.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Hunters also have a subclass that use Bow Supers, plus I saw some footage and trailers of Hunters kicking ass with bows and thought, That's the class for me!

Expecting bows to be a Hunter thing and to be dropping more.

Hunter is a bit of a weird class.
Black Armoury has 2 very good bows that are easy enough to get. 1 is Exotic and the current best bow in the game imo. It's called Le Monarque.

Status
Not open for further replies.