• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The downside of New Light, can't seem to get past level 3 of EP.

The bows you need

No Turning Back, great hipfire bow

Subtle Calamity

Wish Ender - its a bitch to get, but wrecks like a MF'er

LeMonarque aka 'The Lemon' chef kiss

Oct 27, 2017
My god this game takes a long time to load. When I hit play (through Steam) it takes 60s+ just for the game to open. Then another 60s+ to get to the character screen. Is this normal?

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm going to do a Menagerie run tonight just to get Austringer. Should really check out the Vex Offensive as well.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yay find out nightfall has match making, get to boss just to get weaseled out yet again. Says I have no internet connection. Check ps4 and it's over 100mbs...

keep up the good work!

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Armor 2.0 is great. I'd have even more mods if I was willing to burn all my vanguard and crucible tokens. Stashing them until a vendor refresh.

Got a vex pulse with feeding frenzy and multi kill clip. Keeping me competitive in PVP rn.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
They aren't, but from what I know Hunters have an exotic that can make them indefinitely hold a bow shot, so that may have made him pick a Hunter.
Hunters also have a subclass that use Bow Supers, plus I saw some footage and trailers of Hunters kicking ass with bows and thought, That's the class for me!

Expecting bows to be a Hunter thing and to be dropping more.

Hunter is a bit of a weird class.

Hunter is my main, but I always feel like we get the least ammount of love :(

I have been enjoying the new void subclass, it's great so solo play. Crouch and get headshots = invisible forever :D

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

I have been enjoying the new void subclass, it's great so solo play. Crouch and get headshots = invisible forever :D

Yeah, I am having fun with my Hunter, the hand guns and the Lightning Jedi super are pretty rad.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I got Jade Rabbit last night. Everyone said JR is a great PvP scout now. But I can't get on with it. I don't like it as much as Mida or DNC (with explosive payload). But I can't work out why? Everyone else seems to much prefer Jade Rabbit. Is it just something that you get used to or is it I'm doing it wrong?
Some of the praise for JR has to be reserved until you've gotten the catalyst. With catalyst it (I believe) has the best overall stat package for a 150rpm scout. It also has Zen Moment which increases stability and the way Zen Moment works is it gives you a percentage increase of the base stability stat. Well the catalyst gives you a bunch of stability which means Zen Moment gets even stronger as a perk.

Most 150's have a pronounced "bounce" after each shot. JR with the catalyst pretty much eliminates that after the first hit with it's high stability and Zen Moment making it a very consistent and easy to use weapon. To me it's only real weakness is the fixed sight but that's something that most scout rifles have. The other perk on it, Fate of All Fools, might as well be absent for all I care. It's a negligible perk in the scheme of things, especially from a PVP perspective.

TLDR - Jade Rabbit with catalyst is extremely stable and consistent over long distances requiring very little bounce correction.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017

Hunter doesn't get the glowing praise that a the other classes do because we don't have the PvE utility they do, especially in raids. You typically only hear about us after we've thoroughly roughed someone up in PvP.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
You have experience and are of level, yes the Raid will be a joke to you. Surprise

I'm just saying that "sandbox" difficulty is artificial. I still would like to see an emphasis on mechanics, rather than enemies obliterating you in one shot. To this day, Spire of Stars was the most grueling day one/ week one raid experience. The enemies were just stupidly powerful. That's pretty much the reason why the first week completion count was so low.

Last Wish and especially Riven is the direction Bungie should follow. There was a power discrepancy, but it wasn't too punishing. And GoS definitely isn't bad. It's a good raid. Definitely better than Scourge and Crown.

Oct 28, 2017
I think this game just hates me. I haven't had an exotic drop in a week, my friend has gotten two today alone and a bunch of catalysts. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here like "Oh look another blue piece of shit".

Deleted member 58508

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
You're good enough to get those pvp weapons... you must know everything I'm telling you already lol. :p

(I just noticed you did say you hit fabled before, my bad).

Have you taken some time out maybe (if I take a break it can take me a bit to get back into the swing), or is it just the changes throwing you?
Taking a break just makes me not want to play PvP at all. I'm on console and the changes to hand cannons kind of forced a switch to Redrix despite not enjoying pulse rifles of any archetype.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just saying that "sandbox" difficulty is artificial. I still would like to see an emphasis on mechanics, rather than enemies obliterating you in one shot. To this day, Spire of Stars was the most grueling day one/ week one raid experience. The enemies were just stupidly powerful. That's pretty much the reason why the first week completion count was so low.

Last Wish and especially Riven is the direction Bungie should follow. There was a power discrepancy, but it wasn't too punishing. And GoS definitely isn't bad. It's a good raid. Definitely better than Scourge and Crown.

The artificial difficulty is annoying, but honestly I think GoS was fine with it. I made it to the final boss, it's just by that point I was getting tired (it was about 2am by then) and at that point any fuckups and random deaths by cyclops just wears on you thin. If I had started to making any sort of progress I would have kept going but I wasn't so it just felt like I was running into a brick wall over and over.

Contest is really the only way to make "world first" more skill than level. It sucks, but it is what it is. We won't be getting a Last Wish for a long time, if ever.

After clearing it normally, if I had known what worked, I think I could have cleared on Contest. Maybe next time I'll try to stick it out more.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think this game just hates me. I haven't had an exotic drop in a week, my friend has gotten two today alone and a bunch of catalysts. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here like "Oh look another blue piece of shit".

feels like they turned it up for me, before this drop I haven't had an exotic drop for months. Got 3 world drops so far. All ones I had but still something. Still missing a few world drop weapons and the 2 armors from last dlc.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I got Jade Rabbit last night. Everyone said JR is a great PvP scout now. But I can't get on with it. I don't like it as much as Mida or DNC (with explosive payload). But I can't work out why? Everyone else seems to much prefer Jade Rabbit. Is it just something that you get used to or is it I'm doing it wrong?
I LOVE Jade Rabbit, but its more of nostalgia from D1 lol. There are much much better Scouts in the game right now, and its kind of a shame imo.

Still working towards getting the stupid Catalyst to drop for it though.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for the best way to Sweet Business in Crucible? Feels like I gotta be careful with the windup.

Oct 28, 2017
The season pass triumphs are giving me anxiety. I haven't missed earning any of the ones under the Event tab since launch. Some of these new vex offensive ones seem like a griiiind for 60 days remaining. Just hit battle pass 20 too :-/

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Hunters also have a subclass that use Bow Supers, plus I saw some footage and trailers of Hunters kicking ass with bows and thought, That's the class for me!

Expecting bows to be a Hunter thing and to be dropping more.

Hunter is a bit of a weird class.

Try to get the Gambit bow from the last season. It's really good and fun to use.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The season pass triumphs are giving me anxiety. I haven't missed earning any of the ones under the Event tab since launch. Some of these new vex offensive ones seem like a griiiind for 60 days remaining. Just hit battle pass 20 too :-/

Yes if you like Triumphs there is some definite FOMO going on here. However I don't think they're [too] bad. I've spent a couple days on Vex Offensive and pretty much did all of them.

You only need 500 kills each for the guns triumph, and you can just keep killing Vex during the last bit, you can't "fail" it. There's 5 other randoms in the encounter who will do damage while you focus on the Vex anyway. You will probably need to group up to find people willing to do the "flawless team" - "10 minute" - "one phase" triumphs though.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How do I get the stupid Mini Boss to spawn to get the item I need to get the Love and Death Grenade Launcher? Ive been going in and out of the Gatehouse over and over, and nothing.

EDIT: Oh I need the Essence of Insanity first damnit.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
Planetary bounties give so much xp. Like, each set of 3 is 1/4th of a rank, so you can realistically earn at least 1 rank a day minimum. Pair that with bounties from one primary activity (hunts, offensive, strikes, gambit, etc) and its super easy to get 3-4 ranks each play session.

I'm with you tho, getting the item collection triumph is my big worry. Emblems, ghost, ship, new pinnacle-ish weapons and so on.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think it's more common with anime because viewers hear the Japanese title of the show being screamed multiple times, either in the show itself or in trailers and other media.
Forsaken is the best Destiny content they ever made
It is actually kinda sad that anyone can just go to the Dreaming City whenever, because the unveiling mission for it is just so good

I went there yesterday for first time, and was really amazed how good it looked. But i could only meet that fat guy sitting in his chair.

The good news with Forsaken is that you can actually get a raid chest (free loot) without having to do the raid.

So you can still get some armor/weapons/mods every week on all your characters (3 chests).

Ahh, that's really cool!

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I am around 3.2k in the solo survival queue and sure it's a bit better in that players usually stay grouped but the mode itself is not fun when it has radar. Radar just removes one very key playstyle in FPS games. Being a sneaky flanker. Of course you can still do it but not to the same effect as in games without radar. Radar was a hot topic back in Halo as well so not surprised it's the same here. But in Halo the competitive community was against it which was great for me. Oh well guess you can't like eveything :)
Yeah that makes sense - i like the radar as I'm not very good, so I die to sneaky flankers less often. I do like flanking, so I wish it was easier for me to flank...but it's the price I pay for staying a bit safer.

The radar does allow a bit for vertical "flanking" where you can pop out of upstairs windows/doors, but that's about it. I suspect they'll do no radar mode again at some point, just for variety for people if nothing else.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
You have to wait until it comes back on the weekly rotation for Nightmare Hunts. Fanatic was there last week.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Season Pass armor level up past 950?

I got my hunter to full 950 gear and cashed in all the gear drops from the season pass, assuming they don't go past 950. Gonna use tokens to bring the other two up close to 950, just wondering about the season pass drops for them.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Jaded - do you have Mida multi tool for PvP? I broke mine back out of the vault and I can actually get kills with it....before I always get the enemy to 5% health and they kill me first. It feels pretty generous with auto aim on consoles and can beat almost anyone at range (only beaten by good players with snipers).

You'll have a bad time against shotgun rushing titans but that happens with any primary that's not a shotgun....

Random question on armour - I have an OG warlock helmet that has special ammo finder on it. Should I keep that tthen as new armour doesn't have the ammo finde perks any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.