• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2018
I just posted this in the Verge thread but I thought it might fit in here:

On raid matchmaking:

Adding matchmaking to the basic nightfall has been a long requested feature and makes sense because the Adept nightfall mechanics are not that different from the regular strike's mechanics.

Raids, however, are mechanically different from strikes in that your progression through the raid is gated by how well you verbally communicate.

Once you progress past a certain power level, the verbal communication can take a back seat to simply brute forcing through the raid mechanics, but the ability to verbally communicate is *always* there.

I've seen a few people suggest that Bungie should add a ping system to their raids, but that would be a mistake: The ping system was created to add a layer of cooperation atop the pretty chaotic state of nature found in battle royales and would therefore feel out of place.

Adding a ping system to the Hero nightfall *would* make sense—I'd love to ping my teammate from a few days ago and tell him that in the nightfall we are playing incoming void damage does a helluva lot more damage so stop standing in the purple flames plz.

Guided games should really be the natural go-between for those who want to raid and yet feel like they can't because there are too many assholes in their way.

It was a step in the right direction but the incentives for both players and sherpas were misaligned. I'd like to write another lengthy post about how they could improve guided games, but I'll save it for when we are all burnt out on Shadowkeep.

I hope that when Luke Smith talks about improving the MMO aspects of Destiny, helping people create lasting raid teams should be of utmost importance.

Hell, finding a good raid team is what turned me into a hardcore player and gave me a really good clan.

Make the main thing the main thing, Bungie.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a site where I can track what mods goes on what armor and see which mods I already have? You'd think that something like that would be in the game...
Nee2oqH.jpg

Just save this. Not sure if u can see which mod u already unlocked in-game though...

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
is anyone aware as to what the situation with this game is on PS4, regarding the free to play version and the PS+ requirement? I remember hearing that the free to play version required plus for online play, but I don't know if that has been changed. Also if there is no PS+ requirement would buying the expansions put the PS+ requirements back into effect?

Deleted member 58508

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 12, 2019
This is the problem.. Bungie stated this on release it was a bug.. If you had just made a character it would appear as PL0 and you need to delete and remake. So that's what they need to do. Pass over any gear to the vault, and remake and they'll be at 750.

I'm not sure how it works post-SK, sorry. Have you tried asking in the discord? I have my two rolls (pve and pvp) and have no need to farm it again.

Okay, thanks for explaining. I'm not absolutely against some kind of easier mode, I just don't think Bungie want to take away what the raid is supposed to be. I guess an easier mode without the rewards might work for just the experience, but then I think one of the main qualities of the raid is overcoming challenges and acquiring something for it... removing the challenge and the reward and turning into some sightseeing mode... I don't think that's what they want it to be.

If they did it I wouldn't speak up against it though, I just think the game caters to those kinds of players enough and I personally would rather invest in other places.

I got lucky and got one with Rifled Barrel/Accurized Rounds/Snapshot/QuickDraw right after you posted this. I guess if you hit the 100K threshold last season it'll eventually drop for you.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Save for the higher difficulties.

AKA the ones that you'd actually want to do.

This "nightfall matchmaking" is kind of a sham since nightfalls are not really nightfalls anymore anyway. The lower levels are practically ordinary strikes.

Plus 3 times through the longass ordeal to get a tier 1 reward. Probably skipping it this week donaldtrumpsad!.jpeg

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
I was close to getting out of Heroic III in solo comp, then I got crushed 4 games straight. I just want this god damn SMG so I can go back to PVE stuff.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Someone smarter than me throw me a bone; for optimal DPS, how much am I losing between using Divinity or using Izanagis? Doing a raid last night a random told me Divinity adds 25% crit damage for allies, but I suppose that means it's only worth running Divinity with five other non-Divinity players?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the Not Forgotten. Easiest climb to 5500.

Gratz! I have 1.5k glory to go, solo queue is awesome.

The MG got hip-fire grip and firmly planted, the AR has dynamic sway reduction and underdog. Pretty much worthless compared to stuff i've got.
Yeh. There are still quite a few trash perks in the game. I would trash that too.

I got lucky and got one with Rifled Barrel/Accurized Rounds/Snapshot/QuickDraw right after you posted this. I guess if you hit the 100K threshold last season it'll eventually drop for you.

Good roll gratz, I hope this helps pvp click for you.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does it bug anyone else the Moon doesn't rotate on the director? :v
Didn't notice but if it is from Earth's POV, the Moon indeed does not seem to rotate as it is tidally locked.

Yeh. There are still quite a few trash perks in the game. I would trash that too.
The game (and a lot of loot games) has too much utterly useless stuff.
Bad perks should be buffed or replaced with more useful ones. Situational is not bad necessarily but too many are not even situational, just way too marginal.
And speaking of equipment in general, I don't get why the game has to have blue equipment, no one uses it and even new characters get purple stuff fast enough. Should be replaced with gunsmith parts or other resources.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me how I can get a machine gun fast and easy? I can't believe I have over 90 hours in D2 and beaten forsaken and I haven't picked up a machine gun.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me how I can get a machine gun fast and easy? I can't believe I have over 90 hours in D2 and beaten forsaken and I haven't picked up a machine gun.
Menagerie can get you a guaranteed one quickly as long as you have the runes. Otherwise you can get the one from black armor pretty easily.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great for PvP loadouts where you know you'll often need to swap to that weapon in panicky situations. For example, a shotgun when you suddenly round a corner right into an enemy
...basically useless for me, i don't have nearly fast enough reflexes anymore to react stuff like that. With some luck, i can get off one melee but that's a big if.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Wait, is quickdraw of any use? Always seemed like useless perk.
Yes, it's one of the best PvP perks in the game. It provides a fast draw time and an ADS speed similar to Snapshot.

...basically useless for me, i don't have nearly fast enough reflexes anymore to react stuff like that. With some luck, i can get off one melee but that's a big if.
Yes, you do. It's not useless for anyone, including you. You can get your weapon out faster and you can aim down sights faster. That means you can shoot your targets faster. That will win you gun fights.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
so, 4 pinnacle rewards for tromping around quickplay a bit in iron banana. when theres essentially no other pinnacle rewards available outside the raid (NF but I'm not 950). i'm here for it.

people get mad when ib doesnt have s-tier rewards so bungie appeases them. but lets be honest, ib is not difficult nor is it really a pinnacle activity. but i'm all for it.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Just ran the Festering Core or whatever the new Strike is called. Really fantastic stuff and Bungie has shown a great knack with Destiny in making places that feel very alien and "other". The sci-fi geek in me is loving this expansion because of stuff like this and the Darkness Pyramid. I like it a lot better than the LotR inspired Dreaming City even though that was also beautiful.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
980 Nightfall done. Divinity is so good for it, but this version of the Nightfall is really not worth farming to be honest. Bungie really should've made either the ascendant shard or exotic drop guaranteed, especially since it's a significant time sink.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Just ran the Festering Core or whatever the new Strike is called. Really fantastic stuff and Bungie has shown a great knack with Destiny in making places that feel very alien and "other". The sci-fi geek in me is loving this expansion because of stuff like this and the Darkness Pyramid. I like it a lot better than the LotR inspired Dreaming City even though that was also beautiful.

a lot of this art is so fantastic. festering core was like a movie with that gigantic foreboding castle looming.

that said it's just nostalgia talking but D1 earth will always win for me. D1 was much sparser, I'm not as big on the lush aesthetic they use now. But Dreaming City/Last Wish art is insanely good.

Oct 27, 2017
980 Nightfall done. Divinity is so good for it, but this version of the Nightfall is really not worth farming to be honest. Bungie really should've made either the ascendant shard or exotic drop guaranteed, especially since it's a significant time sink.
How long did it take, 30 minutes or so?

Is Thunderlord exotic any good? Just got it dropped but enjoying riskrunner conductor killing at the minute.

One of the best heavy weapons in the game, easily.

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3
My Pluperfect came with Underdog and High Impact Reserves

Don't mind HIR, but perks that give buffs at low health feel essentially useless to me

Status
Not open for further replies.