• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
hand cannons are still about 90% of everything in all modes though. we're just so conditioned about it that it goes unnoticed.

Just checked the box score of my QP game for example, pretty much everybody was carrying a hand cannon in addition to whatever else. thorn, west of sunfall 7, not forgotten, spare rations, service revolver etc etc etc etc etc
90% is a gross exaggeration.

Hand Cannons in Survival are currently about 25% of weapon kills. And if you look at Quickplay, Randy madness actually has Scout Rifles having a higher share than Hand Cannons:

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
In D1 I used to play IB non stop.

I really can't put my fingers on why I don't enjoy it as much as I used to, but I don't.
for sure armors/weapons do not really scream ''come play IB!"
also part of it is probably the maps (bring back Rusted Lands thank you very much).

I can tell you why, the armor isn't anything special and the weapons haven't been updated in a year.

D1 rose-tints, you hate to see it.

D1 IB was the laggiest thing I have ever played, thats when I could even get in.

D2 IB is laggy crap too.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Cleaning up my quest log and one of the quests lines took me into the Menagerie.

First time I've been in there and I had no idea what the fuck was going on. This game just loves throwing you right in the shit sometimes without any explanation.

I killed stuff and ran around... then killed some more stuff..... then collected some stuff with no idea what it is... then got booted out of the game lol.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should have played Scorched -> Painless game mode like Mayhem.
I did actually lol.

But I still had to play the core modes.

I found elimination to be the best. I actually semi-enjoy the 3 v 3 limited life set up. Trials in D1 is the only Destiny PvP I remotley enjoyed. Never really liked in in D2 for whatever reason.

Oct 29, 2017
I did actually lol.

I found elimination to be the best. I actually semi-enjoy the 3 v 3 limited life set up. Trials in D1 is the only Destiny PvP I remotley enjoyed. Never really liked in in D2 for whatever reason.

Yeah Trials of the Nine was never as good, or as beloved, as Trials of Osiris. They completely scrapped Trials for the time being, until they can rework it and release it in a good form. Which...who knows when that will be lol

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Trials of the Nine was never as good, or as beloved, as Trials of Osiris. They completely scrapped Trials for the time being, until they can rework it and release it in a good form. Which...who knows when that will be lol
What was the main difference?

I honestly forget, I know I tried like 2-3 tickets and then didn't want to play again. This was vanilla D2 so it may be better (or worse) post Forsaken weapon switch ups.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Cleaning up my quest log and one of the quests lines took me into the Menagerie.

First time I've been in there and I had no idea what the fuck was going on. This game just loves throwing you right in the shit sometimes without any explanation.

I killed stuff and ran around... then killed some more stuff..... then collected some stuff with no idea what it is... then got booted out of the game lol.
Its a 6 man matchmade activity but it seems like it put you in solo which can happen sometime. Just wait for more people to join or relaunch it again. Its quite fun actually, with raid like mechanics.

Oct 25, 2017
I did actually lol.

3v3 works best imo because of the map design, but also elimination has a great flow to it where even heavy ammo is even limited impact.

Oct 29, 2017

I honestly forget, I know I tried like 2-3 tickets and then didn't want to play again. This was vanilla D2 so it may be better (or worse) post Forsaken weapon switch ups.

I believe it was removed prior to Forsaken, so the sandbox updates weren't really implemented during Trials of the Nine's life cycle if I'm remembering properly. I never played it personally, but from what I heard from the greater community about it they didn't like the gametype, map, and number of players.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it was removed prior to Forsaken, so the sandbox updates weren't really implemented during Trials of the Nine's life cycle if I'm remembering properly. I never played it personally, but from what I heard from the greater community about it they didn't like the gametype, map, and number of players.
I thought Trials was still 3 v 3 in vanilla D2? I do remember you had to play on that weird Nine map though. Wasn't there an objective too?

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Its a 6 man matchmade activity but it seems like it put you in solo which can happen sometime. Just wait for more people to join or relaunch it again. Its quite fun actually, with raid like mechanics.

Am I correct to assume it is similar to a game of control? I had to "capture" some zones and then kill bosses... that's what I got from my one game :p

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Scout Rifle kills in Crucible are brutal. Maybe it's my connection but my enemies are all bullet sponges.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
So I set up a build with Verity's Brow, 100 pts of Discipline and the melee hits provide grenade energy mod (once I get Better Already it'll be even more fierce), Middle arc tree w/ pulse grenades, and a masterwork Riskrunner. You run in a pack of mobs, chuck the grenade at your feet, the first pulse gives you arc overload, and you waste everything in proximity. Then you rinse and repeat. As it stands I'm getting a grenade every 8 or 9 seconds and Riskrunner's effect bonus at 100% uptime. It's pure insanity in the Vex Invasions.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, glory ranks are easier this season! Guess I'll try for Fabled.
*Goes 1.5 or greater for 4 games, loses every one*

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I still cant get over how long it takes to Copy update files. I really need to get an SSD for my PS4 lol.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I'm looking forward to IB this time around if only because it's regarded as a "Pinnacle" activity and can drop pinnacle mods. Yeah it can be a pain in the rear at times but with this new Armor 2.0 system it will be worth it for the chance to earn stuff that you couldn't otherwise get outside the raid or the 100k NF.

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
I can't believe they are asking £17 for a 900 power level upgrade 2 weeks after we paid for the expansion!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone buying that shit should also be rewarded with a dunce cap to celebrate a new milestone of stupidity.

Play through the campaign then fuck around for like an hour and you're 900.

Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten the Exit Strategy, Edgewise, Wendigo (never really felt the need to complete the quest for this one as I already had a Spiked Raven), and the Recluse over the last 4 days. Not bad, never thought I'd ever get the Recluse at any point and would have laughed hysterically if you told me I'd have it just 2 weeks into Shadowkeep.

Randy is up next.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten the Exit Strategy, Edgewise, Wendigo (never really felt the need to complete the quest for this one as I already had a Spiked Raven), and the Recluse over the last 4 days. Not bad, never thought I'd ever get the Recluse at any point and would have laughed hysterically if you told me I'd have it just 2 weeks into Shadowkeep.

Randy is up next.

Wendigo's blinding ability is apparently useful.

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish they would allow us to buy the full sets of the other legacy Eververse armor/ornament sets as there is a particular set I want for my Titan (that I had on Xbox but not PC...PC characters are now my mains across all platforms). They've only offered the same 2 for the first few weeks of Shadowkeep. I guess I just need to be patient.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Byf is doing a "lore raid" with Gigz and crew

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

It was 4v4, locked load outs, at a time when the weapon meta was absolutely terrible. A lot of the "Trials of the Nine was garbage!!" memories are hard to separate from the fact that weapon balance overall was garbage. It was the era of double primaries with slow time to kill, so it was a Scout Rifle teamshooting from a distance snooze fest.

Then to compound the issues, you could get Trials drops from Clan engrams, so if some other people in your clan were doing Trials you could skip it and still get the rewards, greatly diminishing the incentive to queue up. This of course meant the more casual population, who may have been inclined to play for a chance at drops, could just ignore it entirely - so the people who actually played were overwhelmingly sweaty. If I recall correctly, you could only be revived once - which greatly reduced the exciting clutch situations you could get in D1. The game modes weren't as fun as Elimination in my opinion, though that's clearly subjective and I won't list is as a clear "con".

You no longer had an exclusive social space for going Flawless. Instead, there was an (Admittedly really cool - where you load into Reckoning now) area which you had access to with just a single win - going flawless just offered an extra room (where you pick up the Invitation weekly chest).

I don't think there was a single glaring issue. It's just a lot of stuff compounded. Crucibe in general was in a worse state, there were fewer incentives to play at all, fewer incentives to try and go for flawless, the loot and cosmetics were less compelling and far less exclusive...

Status
Not open for further replies.