• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Briosa

Aug 7, 2018
New player/Titan here! Tips are welcomed! What class + subclass should I used to mostly for pve? And gear and weapons?
Thanks in advance.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Gigz is doing a lore raid run with Byf and its amazing

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
New player/Titan here! Tips are welcomed! What class + subclass should I used to mostly for pve? And gear and weapons?
Thanks in advance.
Depends entirely on what you're doing, but the three main would likely be:

Bottom tree striker = add clearing
Top tree solar = boss debuff/delete
Top tree void = team DPS buff

Helm of Saint 14 is a nice exotic for Ward of Dawn
Peregrine Greaves is great for debuff/delete

Lion Ramparts for tricky jumping if you need it
Skullfort for middle tree striker slam spam

Strafe jump > all other jumps, makes you the fastest class in the game. Learn to reload while boosting forward and you can reload at full speed.

Briosa

Aug 7, 2018
Depends entirely on what you're doing, but the three main would likely be:

Bottom tree striker = add clearing
Top tree solar = boss debuff/delete
Top tree void = team DPS buff

Helm of Saint 14 is a nice exotic for Ward of Dawn
Peregrine Greaves is great for debuff/delete

Lion Ramparts for tricky jumping if you need it
Skullfort for middle tree striker slam spam

Strafe jump > all other jumps, makes you the fastest class in the game. Learn to reload while boosting forward and you can reload at full speed.

Ok, so I'm gonna pick Void for now. What's the best subclass for DPS? And gear/weapons for start?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
We hate Iron Banner now?
Always hated IB, it's like they went out of their way to make Control as bad as possible. Shit spawns, shit lock out mechanic that just makes games snowball, shit commentator and shit balancing due to Light Level mattering. It pretty much always has great weapons though, so I usually play it a lot.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
9/10 players will complete steps 1 and 3 for the IB quest first.

Ok, so I'm gonna pick Void for now. What's the best subclass for DPS? And gear/weapons for start?
Weapons is entirely up to you based on what you have.

Top tree void, as stated. Use Ward, stand in ward, get weapons of light buff, shoot.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way to play with joypad only players in the Steam version?

I enjoy playing solo/PVE with an Xbox controller in D2, but wouldn't want to do PVP with that setup.

Do enough stuff for Devrim first, you'll get the quest eventually.
EDIT you need to finish the tutorial quest chain.

Thank you, apparently it looks like this is a reported bug that Bungie is aware of. It will be fixed in a future update. (Quest won't show up for some players until then)

They're the little mini-advenutres that you can find on the world maps. They're marked by a symbol that's like an arc with another thing in it. In the EDZ, the easiest one to find is in the church where Devrim Kay lives. There's a hole in the ground that takes you to it.

Thanks! Surprised the map does not have a legend. I'm probably not the only one confused by what the little icons mean.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Gonna hop into Iron Banner at lvl 920, and Im gonna roll with a scout to finish off the randy quest.

On a scale of 1-10, how much do I hate joy and fun?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Doing my Mountaintop/Recluse Attunement of the Sky loadout. I ain't playing around as I ain't got the patience for this Iron Circus.

Oct 29, 2017
Oh damn, the IB quest is LONG. Which is cool don't get me wrong. But I'm definitely not going to be able to play enough to get the armor pieces this week, probably. I love the look of the Warlock set so I was hoping to get some of those asap.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I would love to go for higher stats in a lot of the builds I use, but the RNG with element, stat type, and stat amount is pretty killer.
Oh okay I guess then I was lucky. Got easily a tier 10 discipline an tier 6 recovery build with my warlock without mods. Gotta farm better armor though since they are all below 60 overall.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna hop into Iron Banner at lvl 920, and Im gonna roll with a scout to finish off the randy quest.

On a scale of 1-10, how much do I hate joy and fun?

I have never had too much of an issue being in the middle of leveling and joining in IB. It doesnt make a massive difference and lots of people are playing who are not fully leveled yet. At 920, I am guessing you are ahead of the curve. That means you have probably put 25 - 35 hours into the game in 2 weeks which is more than most.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone found 2.0 mods for the six basic stat categories? Are they just extremely rare RNG, or do you have a better chance at getting them from certain activities?

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to play with joypad only players in the Steam version?

I enjoy playing solo/PVE with an Xbox controller in D2, but wouldn't want to do PVP with that setup.

Thank you, apparently it looks like this is a reported bug that Bungie is aware of. It will be fixed in a future update. (Quest won't show up for some players until then)

Thanks! Surprised the map does not have a legend. I'm probably not the only one confused by what the little icons mean.

There isn't a way to play with only Joypad users on PC, but as someone who plays with a controller on PC I do just fine in Crucible, never felt like I was getting destroyed by someone because of KB/M in anything other than 2100+ Comp (Though this season in Comp has been super sweaty even moreso) It plays exactly like console when using a controller, if not WAY better due to the higher FPS

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There isn't a way to play with only Joypad users on PC, but as someone who plays with a controller on PC I do just fine in Crucible, never felt like I was getting destroyed by someone because of KB/M in anything other than 2100+ Comp (Though this season in Comp has been super sweaty even moreso) It plays exactly like console when using a controller, if not WAY better due to the higher FPS

I'll give it a shot!

(Why is Destiny 2 so addicting)

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am using a ps2 controller with X360ce and I win duels most of the time with pulse rifles.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Man, people weren't kidding when they said Destiny 2 isn't friendly to new players.

I'm glad the podcasts I listen to mentioned where to go for the Legacy story stuff or I doubt I'd ever have found it.

After about 1-2 hours I'm liking how the game plays a lot, but there's a lot of little things that I'm not sure if I'll get used to, or if I just don't like them.

I think a lot of the issues stem from being thrown into the game at 750 (another thing not explained yet).
Stuff like not knowing what I'm picking up on the ground (is it loot, ammo, currency?), not knowing how the experience/leveling/ability system works (or am I max level from the start now?), not knowing what the different elemental effects do (fire is the only one I've got so far), etc.

It's a very messy learning process.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Man, people weren't kidding when they said Destiny 2 isn't friendly to new players.

I'm glad the podcasts I listen to mentioned where to go for the Legacy story stuff or I doubt I'd ever have found it.

After about 1-2 hours I'm liking how the game plays a lot, but there's a lot of little things that I'm not sure if I'll get used to, or if I just don't like them.

I think a lot of the issues stem from being thrown into the game at 750 (another thing not explained yet).
Stuff like not knowing what I'm picking up on the ground (is it loot, ammo, currency?), not knowing how the experience/leveling/ability system works (or am I max level from the start now?), not knowing what the different elemental effects do (fire is the only one I've got so far), etc.

It's a very messy learning process.

As far as what's on the ground, if it looks like a 20 sided die, it's gear/loot. If it's shaped like a little pyramid, it's a quest item. If it looks like a little brick that's white, green, or purple, it's ammo. If it's blue and kinda sparkly and cubic, it's going to be in game currency, glimmer.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks in advance.

You can find the old campaigns at Amanda Holiday in the tower. The one labelled as a shipwright. That's probably where you want to begin as a new player, though if you just want to get your light level up you could grind strikes instead.

Up until power level 900, every drop you get will increase your light level, blues, purples, whatever. After that, you'll have to complete milestones, which should pop up once you reach pl 900.

Don't underestimate your blues! In particular, I'd be on the lookout for the primary auto rifle that stat starts with "Cuboid," it's a really good slow firing, hard hitting auto that should see you through a lot of the leveling content.

Don't waste your upgrade modules on the 900 LL grind. Just use whatever is highest and that you enjoy using and note which ones you really liked so you can upgrade them later. This will also let you try out a bunch of different kinds of weapons during your LL grind.

For Titans, I like the arc subclass with the double grenade ability. Pulse Grenades are seriously broken. But do feel free to experiment, personal playstyle is probably more important than overall power, even in the endgame, and nearly every specialization is viable.

Once you get up to a high enough level to do it, the Vex Offensive SMG is quite good, and very easy to get since Vex Offensive gives you a million drops and has a tiny lootpool.

Oct 29, 2017
Couple of crucible quetsions:

I'm a newbie at Destiny 2 and would like to try for Recluse. I play a Hunter currently so what sorta loadout should I be looking for to be competitive? (hopefully something a newbie can obtain)

Secondly, I hear people say the best way to get a Recluse is to enter "comp" but I'm not sure which Crucible mode that is.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
As far as what's on the ground, if it looks like a 20 sided die, it's gear/loot. If it's shaped like a little pyramid, it's a quest item. If it looks like a little brick that's white, green, or purple, it's ammo. If it's blue and kinda sparkly and cubic, it's going to be in game currency, glimmer.
Yeah, one of the few things I did learn in my time with the game is that the purple boxes were heavy weapon ammo.

I know because I saw the bright purple and though "ooh, rare loot!" but then was disappointed when it was just ammo. :(

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes there is a reason to do it. You get more drops/tokens when you start back at 0. There's no reason to hold onto it.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
90% is a gross exaggeration.

Hand Cannons in Survival are currently about 25% of weapon kills. And if you look at Quickplay, Randy madness actually has Scout Rifles having a higher share than Hand Cannons:

So guardian finally updated. Cool!

Disappointing results though, hcs (and shotguns, RIP fake recluse dominance)still far above, and the dropoff there since sk is likely due exclusively to scout usage for randys quest, not true competitive factors.

Still waiting on the final meta to settle out.

With pc more popular in sk the overall stats will also take a turn to favor hcs since pc sandbox does.

Ill take a good look later.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Ahhh excellent I may jump back in for that 900 upgrade. Where do I go? the tower?
...You can literally get to 900 in like 5-8 hours of playing trivial content.

Couple of crucible quetsions:

I'm a newbie at Destiny 2 and would like to try for Recluse. I play a Hunter currently so what sorta loadout should I be looking for to be competitive? (hopefully something a newbie can obtain)

Secondly, I hear people say the best way to get a Recluse is to enter "comp" but I'm not sure which Crucible mode that is.
Grab a good shotgun with rifled barrel/full choke and range masterwork, a 140 or 150 RPM hand cannon with range barrel perks and range masterwork, or a 390 RPM adaptive frame pulse rifle like Last Perdition from Lord Shaxx token turn ins, queue up Survival Freelance.

Status
Not open for further replies.