• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
One I believe, which requires more SMG kills since it's bugged. Supposed to be GL kills.
I don't mind a quest line but I want to play with the loadout I want to play with which may or may not include a Pulse, Fusion, SMG, or Grenade Launcher. Forcing me to play with certain weapons to get certain amount of kills just destroys the spirit of what the Iron Banner is supposed to be.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind a quest line but I want to play with the loadout I want to play with which may or may not include a Pulse, Fusion, SMG, or Grenade Launcher. Forcing me to play with certain weapons to get certain amount of kills just destroys the spirit of what the Iron Banner is supposed to be.
It's really annoying, I agree. Thankfully they're quite short steps.

Rrang

Oct 27, 2017
OH, USA
Do people actually like the PVP in this game? I guess I'm not using the right weapons or something, I'm just getting 1 hit killed left and right... unbearably awful.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Just to get 1 shot by a bow or a scout rifle, lol.
There's not actually any bow or scout rifles that can 1 shot you unless you are way under leveled for the activity. That being said, Iron Banner is definitely not the friendliest way to get acquainted with D2 Crucible which, in and of itself is not all that friendly to newcomers anyway. If, like me, you don't have a ton of FPS experience then the learning curve can be steep and painful but there are some great rewards for doing it.

I'm glad I stuck with it and I'm a much better player now then when I started. Still not great but I can at least hold my own. If it's worth it to you to spend the time to learn the nuances of the Crucible or not will have to depend on your tolerance for dieing a lot and learning from those deaths.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Do people actually like the PVP in this game? I guess I'm not using the right weapons or something, I'm just getting 1 hit killed left and right... unbearably awful.

It's a lot of fun, you will need to get used to the way it plays though ofc.

Just to get 1 shot by a bow or a scout rifle, lol.
That doesn't happen.

What is likely happening is that you're being team shot by multiple people as you turn a corner.

Jan 4, 2018
Finally got my Pluperfect. Rolled with Dynamic Sway Reduction and Zen Moment plus Handling Masterwork. Gonna give it a shot in the last Iron Banner match I need to complete Scour the Rust.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
lets say i complete an IB bounty for the pinnacle reward (I assume it doesn't just drop?) can i save it until later and it's reward will scale with my power level, or is it locked on dropping?

This always kinda confuses me, same with vendor powerful rewards. Which I THINK last I knew do scale...but I'm too scared to trust it.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
lets say i complete an IB bounty for the pinnacle reward (I assume it doesn't just drop?) can i save it until later and it's reward will scale with my power level, or is it locked on dropping?

This always kinda confuses me, same with vendor powerful rewards. Which I THINK last I knew do scale...but I'm too scared to trust it.
Yea you can hold on to it. I have 2 of mine finished and I haven't cashed them in yet. Need 3 more 950s.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Man IB is nuts, full of bashers at 960+. Never remember it being this bad in D1. Light levels are all over the place from 880+. I feel like this should have came out a little later to allow majority of the userbase to hit 945-955.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Man IB is nuts, full of bashers at 960+. Never remember it being this bad in D1. Light levels are all over the place from 880+. I feel like this should have came out a little later to allow majority of the userbase to hit 945-955.

Yea I'm 965 and I hardly ever saw anybody at 960+. Hell, it was rare even seeing people at 950+.

Oct 27, 2017
Are you supposed to get a full set of 950 PL IB armor through your journey to completing the "Scour the Rust" quest or did I just get lucky? The drops/rewards were coming so fast that I don't know when I got it or why I have a lot of it.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if I've gotten better at PvP or if I just lucked the fuck out with my matchmaking because thus far I have like like a 80/20 win ratio in IB, and of those wins a good half of them were Mercy wins.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Man, I still haven't gotten the quest for the moon grenade launcher to drop so I can't farm for it, sigh. It would help since I have such crap weapons (very lapsed player) aside from the Ritual LMG and some exotics.

Also, it seems like people quickly leveled from the low 900s to 940-950. Was that primarily through raiding or pvp? Seems slow progress doing other activities, although I haven't tried any of the 920+ higher version activities since I am around 912-915ish.

Is there a cap on the increased cost when resetting the seasonal artifact? I want to run both a both void and arc warlock grenade builds but it could get quite expensive switching back and forth.
I only played PvE since launch with à few handful matches of pvp. Currently reached 954 (944 base +10 bonus). Not a single round of gambit and a raid finish. So leveling isnt too shabby.

About the reset cost Im not sute. But don't you lose all your power bonus if you reset it?

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I only played PvE since launch with à few handful matches of pvp. Currently reached 954 (944 base +10 bonus). Not a single round of gambit and a raid finish. So leveling isnt too shabby.

About the reset cost Im not sute. But don't you lose all your power bonus if you reset it?
You lose the bonus? That would be really bad lol. I guess I'll stay with void grenade build then and rely on armor changes only to try other builds.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Completed the IB quest, wasn't that bad honestly. Now, I have to save up some tokens to try to get good rolls on the gear.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, what do you have to do for the last step in the Iron Banner quest? It says Grenade Launcher kills, but its not? Someone said to hurt people a bit with a GL, then finish them off with something else and it worked for them lol. That sounds like a nightmare.

EDIT: Wait, its just more SMG kills?

Jan 4, 2018
I'm in love with this Iron Banner's Titan armor.

d2s8ibtitan.png

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
You aint getting anywhere close to be 1 shot by any of these unless you go into Iron Banner underleveled.

too be fair of course bows are two shot. Then if you're damaged, maybe underleveled a bit, I can see getting one tapped by them. Although it isn't a true one tap.

Are you supposed to get a full set of 950 PL IB armor through your journey to completing the "Scour the Rust" quest or did I just get lucky? The drops/rewards were coming so fast that I don't know when I got it or why I have a lot of it.

You get a full 950 set even if you're like 920 going in for the little quest? That's crazy! Game changer if so, everybody will be 950 soon.

I'm almost 950 (sans artifact) anyway. Still I didnt realize the quest mattered, I just ignored it until recently. Then I saw Az video about how you get enhanced perks.

Oct 27, 2017
too be fair of course bows are two shot. Then if you're damaged, maybe underleveled a bit, I can see getting one tapped by them. Although it isn't a true one tap.

You get a full 950 set even if you're like 920 going in for the little quest? That's crazy! Game changer if so, everybody will be 950 soon.

I'm almost 950 (sans artifact) anyway. Still I didnt realize the quest mattered, I just ignored it until recently. Then I saw Az video about how you get enhanced perks.

I don't know about that as all the armor I got was 950 PL but I was already 950 base PL and 965 PL with a PL +15 Bonus. I got a couple pieces from end-of-match rewards but the others just kind of all appeared at once. With Crucible ranks ups, end-of-match rewards, etc it's hard to decipher sometimes where everything is coming from...it's almost too much as I'm constantly having to clean out the postmaster, my inventory, etc. The last thing I want this game to become is The Division 2 where it rains useless drops/rewards and you basically become paralyzed by it or simply incredibly tired of it.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good text/picture guide to locate the items for Eris Essence weapons? I don't wanna sit through obnoxious YouTube ITSYABOY commentary

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the last step (GL) and my drops have been close to my power level (930ish).

Oct 27, 2017
What is the last step actually? I hear the GL kills thing is bugged. Is it working for you?
Use an SMG to get the 10 kills. The last step is 15 matches completed, 50 Control points, and 10 Grenade Launcher kills (but SMG kills count currently). It's all retroactive though with the exception of the GL kills which are actually SMG klls.

BigTastyBoi

Jul 23, 2018
Finished the IB quest with some friends in a couple of hours, nothing seemed too grindy (although I'm glad the bug saved me from needing grenade kills).

Wish there were more maps in the rotation, seemed to play on the 2 earth ones solidly for about an hour which got a bit boring to look at.
The difference in levels were quite extreme though. We went in around 940, highest we saw was 965 and lowest was 880. Highlight of the night for me was taking a full Erentil shot from an underlevelled guy straight to the face and then just punching him straight into the floor. My friend reckons he tanked a Titan hammer super as well.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is everyone getting 950 armor for completing the iron banner quest? I was going to grind to 950 before starting to make sure im 950 for the pinnacle rewards

Oct 27, 2017
Is everyone getting 950 armor for completing the iron banner quest? I was going to grind to 950 before starting to make sure im 950 for the pinnacle rewards
I don't think this is the case, the reason I asked initially was because I was getting 950 PL drops (armor and weapons) but I was already a base 950 PL overall so I was wondering if they were dropping as Powerful Reward drops but once you are a base 950 PL even blues can drop at 950 PL (blues will drop at a range of 947-950 but 950 quite often in my experience).

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
Reckoning on Warlocks was (last time I checked) dropping titan gear. So if you run it on your warlock, your titan gets a free ride to the warlock's level.

So if you get your warlock up as high as you care this week with the powerful rewards, you can easily get your titan to match it (or very close) with only 30 mins of effort. Might have been fixed in today's update though.
Awesome thanks for the easy explanation (:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, IB isnt dropping PL 950 armor, if your not already 950 or close to it. It is supposed to drop Pinnacle gear, so gear that can go higher than 950, but its still not going to drop gear thats a big jump from your current PL. Im 935 and I was getting PL 939 stuff tops.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How many Love and Deaths did you guys go through before you got a good one? I'm all out of Phantasmal Cores now.
It was actually my first one lol, but I grinded a few more to see if I could get anything with a range MW.

If you run out of cores, you can buy more from the thing.

Still waiting on the stupid Nightmare Hunt for the GL.

Status
Not open for further replies.