• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Light Enabled didn't seem to affect me that much, either. I was around 925 when I started, and now I'm at 946 thanks to the Pinnacle drops, I never really felt over powered.

I'm not sure if it was a feature or bug, but I was able to do two of the IB bounties twice.

Oh I feel it big time.

I'm 929 and almost everyone I go against is 950+ usually 960. The advantage is pretty insane once you get 20 level differences.

I usually dominate crucible with a 3KDA+ and I can barely get a 1KDA in 95% of these matches, I feel like I'm shooting marshmellows, golden guns don't one shot, arc staff doesn't one shot, shotties don't one shot, it's cruel lol.

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing better in Iron Banner than I have in any other PVP playlist. Don't know if it's because people are trying to complete the quest or being tortured in Comp finally paid off.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Oh, weird question: is Gambit balanced around a team's average light level? I joined a game this morning before work, and everyone was like 960, and I was getting super fucked up by regular enemies. Normally I can shred through them. Felt weird. Maybe it was just in my head? Needed some coffee? Idk.
Power level doesn't matter in the PVE side of Gambit but does for invading/invaders.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I feel it big time.

I'm 929 and almost everyone I go against is 950+ usually 960. The advantage is pretty insane once you get 20 level differences.

I usually dominate crucible with a 3KDA+ and I can barely get a 1KDA in 95% of these matches, I feel like I'm shooting marshmellows, golden guns don't one shot, arc staff doesn't one shot, shotties don't one shot, it's cruel lol.

I must have just gotten lucky with the matchmaking. I never felt like I was doing less damage than I should be.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My problem with IB is at times I lack the discipline to keep following my team and then die solo deaths which then starts to turn the game around.

Something I should change, especially since the playstyle that works with me is more on attacking via close range (since I cant really track enemies while they're moving due to a permanent injury on my wrist)

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I can't find anything to do after I ranked my season pass to 100. The only new loot I don't have yet are Randy's Throwing Knife(sounds boring and tedious as hell to get) and Edge Strategy(I heard it wasn't very good.)
I'm not sure if you mean Edgewise (the machine gun) or Exit Strategy (the SMG). Edgewise is a bit of a pale imitation of 21% Delirium but at least has the demolitionist perk to choose to set it apart as an alternative. Exit Strategy is actually a really good kinetic smg if you want to run something other than Recluse in your energy slot and aren't using Izanagi or Huckleberry. I'd say at least Exit Strategy is worth going for.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If you're playing on KB&M make sure to turn down sensitivity and get used to making larger sweeps to turn. Will make precision shots much easier.

Thank you for the tips. I am starting to get the hang of the controls using m+kb. Its definitely different but again I cant express how much an improved experience Destiny 2 is on PC versus consoles.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the tips. I am starting to get the hang of the controls using m+kb. Its definitely different but again I cant express how much an improved experience Destiny 2 is on PC versus consoles.
It really does feel like a different game. The increase to FoV is my favourite upgrade, and it's so damn smooth to play.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
IB is mostly scrubs with higher light level to compensate. Out of the games I played I only ran into a few actual good players. It's the easiest IB in a long time. Usually it's way more sweaty than this. Also this may be the first IB for the new crowd.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My opinion of this IB is that it is certainly more rewarding due to the higher stat armor and this being a source for enhanced mods. However, most games end up pretty one sided to the point Salad Man has to call it. You're either smashing or getting smashed. However, since I am almost always the smashing team, I don't really care.

However however, there are no new weapons, making this IB officially garbage.

My problem with IB is at times I lack the discipline

Then it looks like you need to bump it up for more of them GRENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADES.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I got a limited window and so played around 5/6 matches this afternoon. Had fun reminiscing about D1 IBs and older maps....

On the last match I also got a thunderlord as a random drop!? Really wasn't expecting that!

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how it's even possible for the studio behind Halo, to cook up pvp that's as fucking garbage as Destiny's. "let's give everyone shotguns, have sub 1 second ttk, no skill based matchmaking, trash maps that are way too small"

What a recipe

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how it's even possible for the studio behind Halo, to cook up pvp that's as fucking garbage as Destiny's. "let's give everyone shotguns, have sub 1 second ttk, no skill based matchmaking, trash maps that are way too small"

What a recipe
"just shoot the roaming titan on the most cramped corner filled maps ever he has no armour"

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
My problem with IB is at times I lack the discipline to keep following my team and then die solo deaths which then starts to turn the game around.

Something I should change, especially since the playstyle that works with me is more on attacking via close range (since I cant really track enemies while they're moving due to a permanent injury on my wrist)
Just put on a discipline mod 4head

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, a six man strong stack vs. me and three others in IB. Thanks, Bungie.

What a recipe

People begged for Bungie to change 4v4 to 6v6 until they relented.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Did this game get harder?

It feels harder. Just got spanked in Reckonning

My friend-I've been saying this for a long time. Reckoning is too fucked up. They built it when Phoenix Protocol and SKullnova generated lots of orbs/super energy and everyone could help contribute. Now everything is nerfed into the ground-and if any of the 4 people make a mistake, 90% of the time it's a wipe.

Bungie needs to do away with the stomp mechanic on the bridge-at least reduce how far you fly away. The entire mode is a pain in the ass - compared to say, Vex Invasion where it's actually fun to play.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, a six man strong stack vs. me and three others in IB. Thanks, Bungie.

People begged for Bungie to change 4v4 to 6v6 until they relented.

Some maps are fine for it, most are not though. Like, I'm literally getting "waiting for suitable spawn" type messages after I die

They could at least offer more than 1 mode for events like IB

Jan 4, 2018
Got the Trinity Ghoul from Xur's engram this week. Gave it a whirl and at first was like "This seems... okay." Until I realized you don't want to fully nock the charged arrow, then I was like "Ooooh, shit I see."

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How's Wavesplitter? Xur gave it to me. I never hear it spoken of so I'm assuming it's somewhere between decent to <

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

Timed Payload in PVE

sX6Dh2o.png

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Explosive Attrition: Rounds attach to a target and detonate. If all rounds attach to a single target, detonate with a larger explosion.

That could be something I could enjoy.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Bottom tree voidwalker build complete! (well except the exotic since that takes 3 freaking ascendant shards to max and definitely not using those on a 48 total stats Nezarec's Sin)

VOOH3y9.jpg

Which void grenade are people running for Titan with Oppressive Darkness? I'm using Suppression currently.

Really nice stats, masterworks add up. I can't wait till I'm able to afford mine. I'm running 97 (ouch) discipline (along with Code of the Aggressor) and Suppression Grenades and it's so much fun spamming the hell out of them.

That's a good-looking Warlock, too.

Thanks and yea I've been grinding hard for the stats that I want.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
70% of the way through The Vow. I forgot to take Clean Getaway for my first 25 Gambit Prime games... and I'm using Pillager... god damn it...

Still, with the progress I just made last game I should make it in the 15 I have left.

I cannot wait to get this cat, reloading Eriana's is the most annoying part of using it.

Really enjoying Gambit Prime right now, I've found a few decent weapons too.
Bygones with Hammer Forge / Armour PIrcing / Outlaw / Kill Clip which is my first ever decent roll on this gun.
Last man Standing with Handling MW / Accurized Rounds / Threat Detector / Swashbuckler which looks nice for one of my melee builds.

And I'm 950 in every slot (not current build), I just need some drops to infuse my last two pieces...

Apparently it competes with Scouts since it's a 180 that will always 5-tap at most
I need to do that quest, I've got that, Sleeper, Polaris... a bunch of stuff sitting there not being completed.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
This suggest that it only comes on hand cannons (2 curated rolls and 5 randomly rolled ones)...

Edit: Nevermind, I initially thought you were saying it was available on scouts which it apparently isn't (but should be).
Nah, but HCs range has been nerfed into the ground, so anything that dodges damage falloff makes that specific HC compete at its old ranges. Explosive payload and timed payloads are two such examples, Malf's effect is another. So it's one of the few HCs that can duel scouts at scout range

Deleted member 58508

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 12, 2019
70% of the way through The Vow. I forgot to take Clean Getaway for my first 25 Gambit Prime games... and I'm using Pillager... god damn it...

Still, with the progress I just made last game I should make it in the 15 I have left.

I cannot wait to get this cat, reloading Eriana's is the most annoying part of using it.

Really enjoying Gambit Prime right now, I've found a few decent weapons too.
Bygones with Hammer Forge / Armour PIrcing / Outlaw / Kill Clip which is my first ever decent roll on this gun.
Last man Standing with Handling MW / Accurized Rounds / Threat Detector / Swashbuckler which looks nice for one of my melee builds.

And I'm 950 in every slot (not current build), I just need some drops to infuse my last two pieces...

I need to do that quest, I've got that, Sleeper, Polaris... a bunch of stuff sitting there not being completed.
You using Enhanced HC Loader? It helps a lot.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Probably a dumb question, but I'm assuming seasonal rewards can only be obtained once per account. Correct?

If you're talking about your gift box with Eriana's Vow, no. You can get that, plus any of the legendary set gear that you unlock once on every toon. The only thing you can't duplicate is going to be things like shards that are shared across the whole account.

Status
Not open for further replies.