• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The issue, imo, is less about the archetype and more about map design. You can't create contested, small maps, increase the player count to 12 per match, and expect scouts to have a proper place. They are demonstrably better now than they have been, but the reality is that these maps were designed for close quarters combat weapons inside of 35m. If they make more maps with long sight lines like we have with some of the Nessus and Trials-themed maps, scouts will very much have a place.

Even on long maps they probably arent truly good. As i was reading on playbook, snipers are better there. Never challenge a sniper lane with a scout. He will either kill you or if you get a hit or two he'll duck to cover, you wont get the kill. Its lose lose.

That said i still think mida will settle out as at least secondary meta. For people that like ranged play

The way to buff scouts is gasp, increase their damage, in pve and pvp. Give them better perks. Etc.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweet. Now I just need a good void weapon.

I was feeling sore for grenades, rifts and melee during the early days of Shadowkeep because of the changes, then my first Exotic drop was Nezarec's and I just can't go back. Its got such good regain, and it works for whatever tree you're using. Recluse beasts everything but even something like a Gnawing Hunger will treat you well with it.

SowingShade

Jun 26, 2018
Texas
I suppose I'm finally giving Destiny a shot to sink its hooks into me with this "New Light" business. I just made a character and poked around the city... and it's a bit of information overload. Hopefully, by the time I've worked my way through the introductory quest line, it'll all make sense.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I suppose I'm finally giving Destiny a shot to sink its hooks into me with this "New Light" business. I just made a character and poked around the city... and it's a bit of information overload. Hopefully, by the time I've worked my way through the introductory quest line, it'll make sense.
Go to Amanda Holliday in the Hangar to begin the story missions.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
Finished the IB quest with all 3 characters and I'm halfway to my 5th reset this season. Time to grind out the broadsword I guess. Outbreak is my new best friend.

SowingShade

Jun 26, 2018
Texas
If you've woken up int he Cosmodrome and made your way to the last city, then I recommend doing the story missions, not just for narrative momentum, but also to begin unlocking other parts of the game.
I don't know what the introductory stuff is, but Amanda in the hanger at the tower, on the far right of the map, she'll give you the quests to do the original Destiny 2 story, and the two expansions Curse of Osiris and Warmind.
Understood; I'll get on it. The advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

Style Katarn

Mar 14, 2019
Is it still worth while doing the campaigns? I completed the Red War back in the day, but never got around to Warmind or Curse of Osiris.

I just hit 914 power, so I'm thinking my time might be better spent elsewhere.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Footage of Hardlight in action

_9CjXvY9Fd0U3kJFxPCm1B64-D0=.gif

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
500 kills? I didn't realise it was that many. I assume that only final blows are counted too?

I might just abandon that quest. I just am not effective with scout rifles. I think I'm best with Jade Rabbit but with that I only get about 4 or 5 kills a match. Lots of assists thought.

450 final blows with scout
2100 glory
14000 kills/medals. Double and triple kills etc make this go quicker

You only need to use a scout for the 450 kills and use whatever for the rest.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
After playing iron banner, they need to address the snipers. They are out of control, no matter where instant headshot. Takes the fun out of the game completely.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Or maybe you could learn to watch your radar for flanks and stop double peaking lanes. Every single time you get sniped, you either got out shot or stayed where you shouldn't be for way too long.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
And we all know how fun that is to deal with.
You are still thinking in terms of "balance" and "fairness" and "why does Class A not have what Class B has?"
That's not Destiny PvP. Destiny PvP is just a massive pile of dumb shit thrown all together without any rhyme or reason.
They literally just take all the "super hero" stuff from the PvE side and put it into PvP on top of a peer to peer system.
Don't think about it. use dumb one hit kill stuff and just fly around the map and get killed and kill.
if you think a class is overpowered, just play that class, you got three character slots for a reason.

I repeat: Do NOT take PvP serious

Oct 28, 2017
You are still thinking in terms of "balance" and "fairness" and "why does Class A not have what Class B has?"
That's not Destiny PvP. Destiny PvP is just a massive pile of dumb shit thrown all together without any rhyme or reason.
They literally just take all the "super hero" stuff from the PvE side and put it into PvP on top of a peer to peer system.
Don't think about it. use dumb one hit kill stuff and just fly around the map and get killed and kill.
if you think a class is overpowered, just play that class, you got three character slots for a reason.

There should be an attempt at balance in a competitive mode.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

As someone who enjoys PvP in this game usually, I tend to agree. Beyond general game balance, the matchmaking alone is reason enough to not care too much about it. I want to think that Bungie recognizes it as well with the changes they made to how you earn glory. I still get sweaty in comp, but even when you play the meta you can just get screwed with bad matchmaking, leavers, etc. I'd like it to be better, but I don't think it'll ever be a focus of Bungie's.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Consider all the variables it is pretty balanced. You cant please everyone. One prefers this while another prefers that. Every patch is bungie making someone happy temporarily while pissing off someone else. The cycle is endless.

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not gonna do raids because i don't know enough folks IRL who'd play this game. Not gonna bother with voice chat with people i don't know, that's just how things are these days. Hell, it seems like most of names people use are vulgar or racist (or would like to be), far more so than back when the game was on Battle.net. Really doubtful talking to people who use stupid names is gonna be good.
And chat's just too clumsy in a shooter like this, a matter of game pacing.
Our Discord doesn't have that problem (and if you find otherwise, let a Discord mod know).

Dez_

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I get frustrated with Destiny pvp, I still play it a lot and generally have a good time. Bungie already tried their hand at going for a more balanced, competitive style pvp back in year 1 with 4v4 and dual primaries, slower abilities and weaker supers, which was not well received. While I got used to it eventually, I'll take the current style any day.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Hit 911 yesterday.

From a PvE perspective, once you hit that level not much to do apart from the weekly bounties parts right?

What are good hunter builds at the moment ?

Dez_

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember right, Hard Light had lots of screen shake when shooting the weapon. Like, more than what you'd get an other ARs. That alone made it harder to use.

I did like using it for Eater of Worlds raid since it had no damage fall off, but then again, the last time I really used it was during the age of dual primaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.