• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Altar of Sorrow is pretty neat.

Not even set foot in the forest or the dungeon and I already have to go to bed.

This adulthood business is shit

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Dungeon done and Xenophage gotten. Loved the questline with the exception of the obnoxious puzzle part. The last part was amazing though. The mechanics for that fight were phenomenal.

rrIV9GX.jpg

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
How's the length of the dungeon compare to Shattered Throne?

It's pretty lengthy, but I liked Shattered Throne a lot more to be honest. Pit of Heresy is pretty eh IMO. Doesn't help that it wasn't even hard. 980 Nightfall and 980 Hunts are harder. There's one amazing boss fight in there that's linked to the Xenophage quest though.

Oct 27, 2017
3rd encounter of Dungeon is pretty rough (solo wise anyways), going to try all paragon mods to keep the rift up on my Warlock as much as possible. Boomer Knights up top are deadly.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Okay, so.

Future quality of life update for the UI: a universal equipping option for shaders, armor ornaments and glow effects so I don't need to go into each armor piece individually. Oy.

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
Hello I playing this game since a week ago and I question if ERA has a clan, I would want to be on one, but I dont know if there is a limit to how much people a clan can have, I try to play regulary at night mostly doing quests.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Dungeon was great, me and friend jumped in to just check it out a little, ended up 2 manning the whole thing blind. Didn't get the Pulse or any weapon though. Just some armour, 1 fully Masterwork. Will probably do it on my Hunter and Warlock tomorrow.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on PC feel like helping me get Izanagi's Burden? I'm on the part where I have to run Shattered Throne, but I've never done it before.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
So u can one tap with Scouts in Momentum Control. Guess imma get those 500 Scout kills in that mode lol.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
is the dungeon opened up during the xenophage quest or are they unrelated? if they are unrelated, how do you open the dungeon?

the haunted forest is awful. another infinite forest but this time you cant see anything for extra fun.

Oct 27, 2017
is the dungeon opened up during the xenophage quest or are they unrelated? if they are unrelated, how do you open the dungeon?

the haunted forest is awful. another infinite forest but this time you cant see anything for extra fun.
Unrelated.

Go to Eris, do a short quest, and then it will be in the Director on the Moon.

Short quest is...Go to Sorrow's Harbor and do the new and lengthy Public Event, then open the Tier III chest.

------------------------------------------------

3rd encounter is just absurd solo in the dungeon. It's not tuned at all for solo play.

Esoterickk cleared it of course but that doesn't mean anything as he isn't human, one thing I can't figure out in watching him play is how fast he moves around the maps/play-spaces with even less mobility than me. I mean I'm playing with 105 FOV and getting around 100-120 FPS generally so performance has nothing to do it with it. By no means am I comparing my play to his but I'm just baffled by how fast he's able to move around.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
wow that Xenophage exotic does not look good. I mean its a really cool idea for a gun, but it just doesnt do enough damage from the looks of it, especially with how small the magazine is and how slow it shoots.

So the best "new" exotic weapon from this dlc is Montecarlo lol. And its the only one that is dependent on RNG. Damn you Bungie.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Is anyone on who can help a mediocre pvp player get to Fabled in Survival? I'm just losing back to back to back games and it's disheartening but I apparently need a Recluse to get invites to stuff :/. I'm at Heroic 2 right now and play on PS4.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
That's what I've been doing and we still keep getting trashed. I'm not throwing lives away but the paste eaters I'm getting grouped with are just conveyor belting face first.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Xenophage is shitty in pve and pvp. BUT with no range dropoff means its another good weapon for gambit.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the only good exotics in this expansion are Vow and Monte.

Assasins Cowl if you still use blades.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
wow that Xenophage exotic does not look good. I mean its a really cool idea for a gun, but it just doesnt do enough damage from the looks of it, especially with how small the magazine is and how slow it shoots.

So the best "new" exotic weapon from this dlc is Montecarlo lol. And its the only one that is dependent on RNG. Damn you Bungie.
Divinity, but otherwise yes

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Forgot about Vow. I actually love that one. I really want to get Monte, and im a litle peeved it wasnt part of the pass or something.

Dec 28, 2017
I'm still trying to understand what is the point of adding new exotics if I'm only gonna use them on patrol? The last two exotics are trash, useless weapons that don't add anything to the game.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Have we entered the age of shitty exotics.

it's...not a hand cannon? what were you expecting...

good to hear it's trash, because i really dont feel like doing the xenophage thing. just dont feel like doing a annoying quest. that i have to start by painstakingly following a youtubers footsteps into some moon pit just to even begin...

i'm getting tired of this whole endgame tbh. grinding bounties isn't fun and feels regrettable since the artifact will be reset, but also feels mandatory? i havent started the raid yet (cant wait for that whole nonsense, i'm sure all the lfg posts demanded 30 clears on day 2). so theres hardly any sources of pinnacle gear.

bungie doesnt know wtf theyre doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.