• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
PS4, whatever they gave away on PS+
You will need both to be fully caught up.

Forsaken has the far better campaign and more exotics etc... right off the bat.
Shadowkeep has all the new content being released over time.

If you need to choose one it depends why you're buying. If you want to play the new stuff with the community, for instance, SK might be better for now.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Like I think Shadowkeep is doing a decent enough job keeping us occupied with activities but these activities aren't rewarding. And not just with weapons, but across the board. Need I even talk about Eververse and bright engrams. Nightmare Hunts?

Only thing to chase after is good stats on armor 2.0 and whatever mods you're missing. They at least did good with armor.

Maybe Destiny was better off with Activision and Vicarious/High Moon, after all

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got rid of so many previously decent pre-2.0 exotic armors because at SK launch their stats were so low. RIP me

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Not worth imo. If you buy Shadowkeep you get this current season right now (Undying) ANYWAY - but Vex Offensive is kinda... eh. The guns are... eh. The armor is... eh. Leviathan's Breath is... eh.

But hopefully they learn from this season and apply to future content drops. Hopefully

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Destiny 2 needs to make Year 1 guns applicable with mods.

it is so stupid to have amassed all the Osiris, Warmind, Faction guns but not being able to slap a mod on them

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How is the season pass in this game? Worth, not worth?
Depends. There are some very nice benefits, like once you get one character to 950 you can bring two more up using items from your Collection and the Season Pass from 750 straight to 940 or so.

The pass alone has some decent stuff attached, but you may as well buy SK as you get it free and the expac is worth it.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
For real. The sidearm shaft is an act of depravity.

DUAL-WIELDED SIDEARM EXOTIC. IF I PUT MY DEMANDS IN CAPS THEY WILL BE HEARD AND FULFILLED.

dual wielded anything would be nice,unless i miss something only thing even close to dual wield is middle tree void hunter super.

I thought you were shark,

How dare you, sir.

what is shark ?

its not that i dislike handcannons, just that as someone who recently started, it felt like almost all quests were exotic handcannons.
But maybe that was just me doing lumina, thorne, last word, ace and malfesance one after the other.
Plus then shadowkeep dropping and giving vow with the double infinte grind for the catalyst and adding a catalyst to ace.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
This video helped me a lot. I was still chasing range stats on HCs, but he's right, it really doesn't make a difference any more.

Too bad like 90% of the HCs in my vault are range rolls, lol

Range doesn't matter UNLESS you have the combo of Rangefinder + Explosive/Time Payload.

Range still matters on handcannons especially in modes like Survival/Elimination. Rangefinder adds 2 meters and Explosive/Timed Payload reduces the damage falloff so that effectively added 2 more meters for a optimal TTK. 4 meters in total, if you gonna get rangefinder + explosive payload then might as well go max range which will total up to an estimate of 32 meters which is almost pre shadowkeep levels of HC range and alot of map engagements is around 30 meters.

And like Coolguy said, if the distance of 2 meters is so small from perspective then all the more a max range handcannon + Rangefinder + EP matters because if you engage a handcannon user, all you need to do is take a few steps back, the non max range handcannon user suffers from severe dmg falloff while you don't.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
like whenever they decide to bring back Faction Vendors? LOL

I am still waiting for my Future War Cult brethrens to rise up
First of all, Dead Orbit ftw!

Secondly, the game is not crying out ofr new acivities right now, so they'll wait until they can et maximum mileage from things like y1 random rolls, and Faction rallies.

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Random question, had some rough games in Solo Comp. last week and I wanted to review some of my games. I've heard a few people mention recording your gameplay via a Twitch broadcast is a great way to do so? Anybody have experience doing this?

Edit: I guess since I'm on Xbox I could just use Mixer?

Last edited:

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
This video helped me a lot. I was still chasing range stats on HCs, but he's right, it really doesn't make a difference any more.

Too bad like 90% of the HCs in my vault are range rolls, lol

Yeah, I can hold on to my Handling MW Spare Rations with MultiKillClip now. Had that drop when Gambit Prime first came out. Glad I held onto it. Kicking myself for scrapping two Service Revolvers with RH/KC now, simply because they didn't have a Range MW.

I got rid of so many previously decent pre-2.0 exotic armors because at SK launch their stats were so low. RIP me
Depending on their rolls, I held onto them. Got an Armamentarium with Enhanced Unflinching Scout and Scout Reserves. Most of my legs that rolled with Traction? KEEPING.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
I haven't been playing much since I hit rank 100. I hate the spooky forest, and I'm in no rush to do the dungeon or get that trash machine gun. I hate to say it, but I miss the fucking bright engrams. This new system is trash. I never had to buy silver to get just about everything new in the old seasons.

And a big fuck you to the people saying that the new bounty system would give ample amounts of bright dust...Bungie played you.

Dec 1, 2017
As a new player, I feel like I have way too many quests/pursuits/bounties/whatever, and I'm overwhelmed by what I should do next.

I've done all the campaigns, but the quest log is still full and I can't take many bounties on top of what I clear out. Should I just start grinding the Exotic quests?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been playing much since I hit rank 100. I hate the spooky forest, and I'm in no rush to do the dungeon or get that trash machine gun. I hate to say it, but I miss the fucking bright engrams. This new system is trash. I never had to buy silver to get just about everything new in the old seasons.

And a big fuck you to the people saying that the new bounty system would give ample amounts of bright dust...Bungie played you.
Bungo looked at the monetization options and decided to go with all of them. Paid DLC every 3 months, lootboxes, microtransactions and a season pass, while at the same time offer less and less cosmetic rewards in favor for paid cosmetics.

On another note, just got my Xenophage. The gun is trash, but the final boss was pretty fun. Also did a 3 man heroic Menagerie. At least there's still challenging stuff to do this season, which keeps the game fun.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Altar of Sorrows boss has rotated after the daily reset. It's Taniks and he drops the new sniper rifle.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Y'all should have gotten your Nagis when it was live and hot, now look at you praying to the heavens for salvation.

Hilarious how last season no one gave a happeny jizz about Eververse, now it's the most important thing in the universe.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
finally got Randy.
Now all i need is master nightfall ordeal.
Is that doable with randos from lfg or do i need a coordinated team ?

Man, every time I see someone bring up the faction vendors I feel so sad inside. We've gone so long without them lol
As someone who started playing after they got removed, i always just ??? When they get brought up. Same for trials.

Sigh.... the servers...
Servers have been kinda skechy since the change to stream havnt they ?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
finally got Randy.
Now all i need is master nightfall ordeal.
Is that doable with randos from lfg or do i need a coordinated team ?

Both, but you'll have an easier time with coordinated team who are in it to win it. Also come prepared in advance for the strike because you can't switch gear.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Both, but you'll have an easier time with coordinated team who are in it to win it. Also come prepared in advance for the strike because you can't switch gear.

makes sense.
gonna try this weeks ordeal on 920 first to get a feel what is needed.

is the lfg pc discord down atm ?
I clicked on the link on the first page and discord tells me its temp offline

Oct 29, 2017
As someone who started playing after they got removed, i always just ??? When they get brought up. Same for trials.

They were a fun addition to the game. In D1 they were vendors that you could choose to ally with and get exclusive weapons and armor from. In D2 they were a little different, and honestly not nearly as good or engaging as they were in D1, so they removed them to (hopefully) rework them and release them again at a later date. I hope they do.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Had no idea
As a new player, I feel like I have way too many quests/pursuits/bounties/whatever, and I'm overwhelmed by what I should do next.

I've done all the campaigns, but the quest log is still full and I can't take many bounties on top of what I clear out. Should I just start grinding the Exotic quests?

My advice is always pick 2-3 quests, track them and grind away. This is what I do when it's a lot of stuff to do. Gives you a focus and feels satisfying once you complete and move on to the next item.

Keeps me from getting overwhelmed as well. And, if you're not sure which quest to start with just pick one at random and go with it.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Finally got my Recluse. Got a lot of games in on Momentum Control getting those last wins I needed, and not does that game mode bite. I was one shotting people with a jade rabbit and holding down entire lanes by myself and I suck at pvp.

Dec 1, 2017
Had no idea

My advice is always pick 2-3 quests, track them and grind away. This is what I do when it's a lot of stuff to do. Gives you a focus and feels satisfying once you complete and move on to the next item.

Keeps me from getting overwhelmed as well. And, if you're not sure which quest to start with just pick one at random and go with it.

thanks! I'll do that starting today

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So are people who are actually wanting to hit 960 base still sane? I play solo 90% of the time, so I have no real intentions of getting there or even 952, because LFGing for the few pinnacle gear activities is not really something I can be bothered doing once, nevermind weekly, but anyways I've solo'd a few + Iron Banner and had 5 951 armour pieces and 4 of the fuckers have been helmets, I don't even care much, but god the 4th Helmet for doing the 9th level of the Halloween thing really triggered me.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
The only way you can lose Heroic Menagerie is if the whole team gets extinguished, right? Otherwise, it's just like normal, and if you don't max out each event, you just keep doing events till you unlock the boss?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The only way you can lose Heroic Menagerie is if the whole team gets extinguished, right? Otherwise, it's just like normal, and if you don't max out each event, you just keep doing events till you unlock the boss?
I think there's a hard limit on how many of the events you can fail too (1 attempt at each I think), but it's apparently pretty easy now, so shouldn't really be a problem. I need to get round to it at some point though, I love the Izanagi as is.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone want my Garden of Salvation jacket code?

I've decided not to sell it and I don't want to purchase the jacket for myself either. I'd very much like to only give it to someone who will use the code themselves, so I'll just have to trust that anyone who reaches out to me will honor that.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Anyone on pc able to help me kill the nightfall master boss ?
Am at the final encounter(boss), but we kept getting wiped so the lfg teammates left, i dont need the score just one complete for the seal so i am just waiting and searching for help.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
I did Izanami forge, got the key and inserted it into the box... but its still showing as unchecked. Is the quest still bugged?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i think i thought up a sustainable bounty strategy so i dont feel like it's taking 80% of my playtime, but i'm still progressing my artifact. i think every second day, sometime well after reset, i'll pick up ALL Vex Ikora bounties and Moon bounties. Same with strike bounties. But not actively do them. On the 2nd day I'll double dip, and when I have both days bounties I'll go into those activities and clear most of them as quickly as possible.

I pick the Vex/Moon and strikes because those seem easiest and quickest. I dont want to go into gambit...

Crucible bounties I'll pick up constantly/daily as thats my main activity. And gunsmith bounties daily. And the easy Drifter non gambit ones, "play two crucible matches" for example is a gimme.

Then you still have Haunted Forest bounties to worry about right now (those seem to award like 2X as much XP, am I wrong?) and you're probably already full with ~15 old quests hanging around in inventory too...

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Check to see if you already have the Black Armory key mold in your inventory.

It goes into the quest tab now, but I definitely only had one. Got a second one to try again and same issue, I 'insert key' but it doesn't check off the butterfly lock in the box.

Edit: Had a look on the Bungie support forums and whaddya know the quest is bugged again and they're "looking into it" 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.