• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Rather than spend 30 minutes struggling to make it through, I'd just keep fast travelling to the same location in the hope you get an instance where they're already at the 5th or 6th round. When I was looking to get the weapons it worked well without having to spend too long finding good ones. I always go for the top area, too, as the bottom one seems a bit arsey and awkward sometimes due to terrain and the sprawling environment.

It's working now. happened into a couple instances that beat level 7. Now just one EP armor piece away for that badge. I need to do the NF to get another key first though (I had 2), and I'm waiting til Thurs pinnacle fix.

Do the old 820 NF's still reward 7 key fragments?

After that is completed just need one Mars Heroic adventure, one Mercury heroic adventure (time gated until they are the flashpoint, which at this rate will be never), and the emblem you get for doing all ascendent challenges of which I have 5/6 (I've done all 6 but it just didnt count one, and I was too lazy to do it again that week, so now I gotta wait for it again). Alternatively supposedly that emblem is a rare drop from Blind Well, but I haven't been able to steel myself enough to grind that yet, too boring. Oh and still need to beat a couple lost sectors on EDZ I think, that's so easy I dont even count it as not done.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Momentum is a fucking nightmare. I can't kill anyone because the moment I step forward I'm killed.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I've been really enjoying Gambit lately. I completed the Reaper set and the perks are cool. They pretty much throw weapons at you during and after match. But, I still haven't got the Gambit auto rifle or grenade launcher even with grinding the Reckoning.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
holy crap. My only second try at Strange Terrain ever and I got the Osprey. Im hyped but it seems unfair lol.
Now just boring Mercury shit for Wayfarer...

This makes me hurt lol. Oh well, I can't really complain. I got 1k voices on my first run. I rub this in to my brother whenever he gives me shit about my RNG.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
So is there ANY way to improve performance on the base PS4? I can deal with it chugging every once in awhile, and even the ludicrous load times as the price of not getting a pro or an SSD, but the goddamn menus always take several seconds to load. Always, every time you want to check your map, every time you want to check your quest log, every time you want to fiddle with your inventory, load times. It's borderline unplayable.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck are people ddos'ing enemy teams in comp at <1500 Glory? Three games in a row against the same person with where miraculously someone gets disconnected. At least I'm not losing a ton of glory.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So is there ANY way to improve performance on the base PS4? I can deal with it chugging every once in awhile, and even the ludicrous load times as the price of not getting a pro or an SSD, but the goddamn menus always take several seconds to load. Always, every time you want to check your map, every time you want to check your quest log, every time you want to fiddle with your inventory, load times. It's borderline unplayable.

It's like that on all consoles in general, even the X.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
If you don't have Izanagi, any weapon works with Anti-Barrier (SMG/AR), just teamshot when the bubble is up to break it - the stun also weakens them. I would probably use a GL for high burst damage.

If all you want is a clear, then just take your time.
Took like 2 hours, but got it done. GLs worked well enough. The final part with 4 barrier champions before the boss was the only real annoying part. Switched our supers and then got that part first try.

Oct 27, 2017
Could anyone help me please with something dumb.

I'm on the F2P version (will definitely be buying expansions, it's great) and have finished the Warmind campaign. Zavala has some quests that are locked behind having to complete another quest called 'Introduction: Strikes' which google tells me also comes from Zavala. But it's not in my quest log and I obviously haven't done it. Is this paid content or where do I get that introduction quest?

I have access to Strikes because I've done one or two of them.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Could anyone help me please with something dumb.

I'm on the F2P version (will definitely be buying expansions, it's great) and have finished the Warmind campaign. Zavala has some quests that are locked behind having to complete another quest called 'Introduction: Strikes' which google tells me also comes from Zavala. But it's not in my quest log and I obviously haven't done it. Is this paid content or where do I get that introduction quest?

I have access to Strikes because I've done one or two of them.

Should have come from zavala. Are you sure its not in your quest tab?

Oct 27, 2017

Should have come from zavala. Are you sure its not in your quest tab?

Yup it's definitely not there, screenshot in spoiler:

xaDU3mz.png

Oct 25, 2017
Did the strike over and over today to work on the vanguard things to get undying and had a crazy lucky drop streak. I got exotics four runs in a row and got a masterworked Rocket Launcher twice.

Getting 900 arc ability and super kills went quicker than I thought it would (Tempest Crown + arc web + Ashes to Assets = a lot of grenades) but it seems like it's going to take a bit to get all the Solar and Machine Gun kills it's going to take for Edgewise. I don't have a ton of mods to find or generate heavy ammo yet.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Did the strike over and over today to work on the vanguard things to get undying and had a crazy lucky drop streak. I got exotics four runs in a row and got a masterworked Rocket Launcher twice.

Getting 900 arc ability and super kills went quicker than I thought it would (Tempest Crown + arc web + Ashes to Assets = a lot of grenades) but it seems like it's going to take a bit to get all the Solar and Machine Gun kills it's going to take for Edgewise. I don't have a ton of mods to find or generate heavy ammo yet.
If you want to grind for it, load into the broodhold nightfall with solar singe. Farm kills in lost sectors or patrol. Rally the public event flags when you run out of heavy. Bring the menagerie machine gun to get both solar and machine gun kills at the same time.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Saw a funny clan name in a stream, "The Boolin' Faniglers". LOL wtf.

I see a lot of pretty funny names in this game.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Was thinking this week would possibly be easier to finally do a Master Nightfall. What would be an ideal load out, if none of us have Anarchy or Izanagi?
i am assuming you want to get the ship, not high score.

Leviathans breath is great to stagger the ogers, if some have recluse its great for barrier knights.
If you dont have levi, a good handcannon with unstoppable does the job too, in that case an arc grenade launcher(preferably wendigo is great).
If you can, get a bottom tree hunter.

With invisibility you can run past the first encounter with the oger and barrier knight, all the way to the first two crystals easily.
Otherwise stay together stagger the first oger and just run past.
there should be little to no difficulty doing that, just need arc to pop the shield of the knights that drop the orbs.

then proceed as normal till the point where you cross the little gap after a decline, where 2 knights spawn.
Here comes imo the hardest part of the strike, need to survive running past 2 barrier knights, then defeat the 4 normal knights and the oger, ignoring the further 2 barrier knight that spawn.
once that oger is dead the thrall spawn and you can run further till you get to the big oger.
Wait till the wanted enemy despawn, then do the encounter normally, no champions here.

Then comes the boss, where imo the 4 barrier knights are the hardest part.
burst down one after the other, if you want to you could even wait behind the rock till super refills and just nuke them one by one.
Boss is kinda a joke, we managed to even skip the final phase by sitting behind a rock for 5 mins, then hit him with one honed edge iza and 2 celestial nighthawks.

Side note for maximum cheeze, if you are really struggling:
Anytime you are in a safe spot with no-one approaching, you could make 2 team members leave, go to a public event to fill up on ammo and rejoin, then give leader to someone else and do it too. Makes for basically infinite ammo and can even work during the first 2 phases of the boss.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i am assuming you want to get the ship, not high score.

Leviathans breath is great to stagger the ogers, if some have recluse its great for barrier knights.
If you dont have levi, a good handcannon with unstoppable does the job too, in that case an arc grenade launcher(preferably wendigo is great).
If you can, get a bottom tree hunter.

With invisibility you can run past the first encounter with the oger and barrier knight, all the way to the first two crystals easily.
Otherwise stay together stagger the first oger and just run past.
there should be little to no difficulty doing that, just need arc to pop the shield of the knights that drop the orbs.

then proceed as normal till the point where you cross the little gap after a decline, where 2 knights spawn.
Here comes imo the hardest part of the strike, need to survive running past 2 barrier knights, then defeat the 4 normal knights and the oger, ignoring the further 2 barrier knight that spawn.
once that oger is dead the thrall spawn and you can run further till you get to the big oger.
Wait till the wanted enemy despawn, then do the encounter normally, no champions here.

Then comes the boss, where imo the 4 barrier knights are the hardest part.
burst down one after the other, if you want to you could even wait behind the rock till super refills and just nuke them one by one.
Boss is kinda a joke, we managed to even skip the final phase by sitting behind a rock for 5 mins, then hit him with one honed edge iza and 2 celestial nighthawks.

Side note for maximum cheeze, if you are really struggling:
Anytime you are in a safe spot with no-one approaching, you could make 2 team members leave, go to a public event to fill up on ammo and rejoin, then give leader to someone else and do it too. Makes for basically infinite ammo and can even work during the first 2 phases of the boss.

That sounds really tough. Also dont you want to kill all Champions for best rewards? Since you mention skipping them.

Does it get much easier as we approach closer to 980? 966 now, could see hitting 967, 968, possibly even 969 this week with +2 pinnacles and halfway to another artifact +1. Does it make a large difference?

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
TBH it kinda feels like they broke iza quest on purpose, since its so good combined with divinity atm.
Reduce the number of people getting it ^^.

And that's the iron banner bounties completed. Thank fuck that's over.
Can you still get another batch once you hand them in like last time, or are you waiting for the pinnacle change before handing them in ?
That sounds really tough. Also dont you want to kill all Champions for best rewards? Since you mention skipping them.

Does it get much easier as we approach closer to 980? 966 now, could see hitting 967, 968, possibly even 969 this week with +2 pinnacles and halfway to another artifact +1. Does it make a large difference?

As i said at the start, this is more of a strat to get the ship, which is why i assumed they wanted to do master in the first place.
Killing all champions does give more loot, but tbh if its loot you are chasing, 950 or 920 is probably better time spent, exotics drop there frequently enought that the extra pain of master isnt really worth it.

As for the power, it doesnt make much of a difference. I did master(for the ship for undying) in 35 mins with 2 lfg randos and no mic, with 10 mins of that being waiting for celestial nighthawk super, at power 964.
Its really more about having the right weapons, I went in with recluse, izanagi and wendigo, which seems like a super good pve build atm.

Really, doing 980 for rewards makes little sense unless you really want that specific mat for masterworking the final level.
doing 920 takes less than 1/3 of the time to kill all champions than literally rushing through master skipping more than half the encounters.

if you just need the machine gun kills, get the mod for heavy ammo from the artifact, then do the strike lake of shadows in edz from the director. Just ignore the actual strike and farm the fallen around the church. Public events can refill ammo and super to genereate ammo, and if the event happens where fallen and cabal fight you are set.
The quest is kinda badly written, no need to do strike playlists, the regular ones from the director do the trick.

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
To better explain what I was asking, I was wondering if I could take advantage of my high power level main in order to insta boost a new character.
Your weapons can be transferred so those will raise your alt level quite a bit. Other than that no, just the $20 boost to 900.
DO NOT SPEND MONEY TO LEVEL ALT CHARACTERS!

Reddit guide to level alts

I have my primary character (Hunter) at cap now, 963. By following this, both my alts are over 900 now without playing a single moment on them. Also, make sure you buy Exotics on your highest level character for the other classes, this will also bump them up without playing that character so you can start at a high light level.

Oct 28, 2017
TBH it kinda feels like they broke iza quest on purpose, since its so good combined with divinity atm.
Reduce the number of people getting it ^^.

Can you still get another batch once you hand them in like last time, or are you waiting for the pinnacle change before handing them in ?

As i said at the start, this is more of a strat to get the ship, which is why i assumed they wanted to do master in the first place.
Killing all champions does give more loot, but tbh if its loot you are chasing, 950 or 920 is probably better time spent, exotics drop there frequently enought that the extra pain of master isnt really worth it.

As for the power, it doesnt make much of a difference. I did master(for the ship for undying) in 35 mins with 2 lfg randos and no mic, with 10 mins of that being waiting for celestial nighthawk super, at power 964.
Its really more about having the right weapons, I went in with recluse, izanagi and wendigo, which seems like a super good pve build atm.

Really, doing 980 for rewards makes little sense unless you really want that specific mat for masterworking the final level.
doing 920 takes less than 1/3 of the time to kill all champions than literally rushing through master skipping more than half the encounters.

if you just need the machine gun kills, get the mod for heavy ammo from the artifact, then do the strike lake of shadows in edz from the director. Just ignore the actual strike and farm the fallen around the church. Public events can refill ammo and super to genereate ammo, and if the event happens where fallen and cabal fight you are set.
The quest is kinda badly written, no need to do strike playlists, the regular ones from the director do the trick.
Waiting for the change.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the patch, about to hit the game hard with all the pinnacle drops. Finally, no more red swords in 980 content

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for the patch, about to lose my shit once again when I drop 7 power weapons and a sprinkling of shite over 3 characters from 11 pinnacles. (see, if I say this now, it can't possibly happen again, can it...).

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Dungeon pinnacle is a guaranteed armor drop, a single raid alone should net you some armor and weapons (no power), bang out a quick 100k NF for anything, suffer in Iron Banner and hope you get something you don't have

I think you'll be fine

coma

Oct 28, 2017

We were all 965-ish and it ended up not being too bad, once we switched our supers (we'd celestial nighthawk and chaos reach the champions). We used hand cannon + smg/auto + GL. If we coordinated and planned our load outs a bit better it would've went faster, but it was doable.

And yeah, we were only going for the ship for the Undying title. Just need to do the Vex Offensive Final Assault now.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017

Get the Heavy Finisher one from the artifact, it's not that great out in the world but it's perfect for bounties like this.

Last week I think one of the non-matchmade Nightfalls was Inverted Spire. You know that cavern you get to when you first hit the darkness zone? The one with a couple hydra and like a million goblins? It was perfect for that. There's this little platform with 4 goblins that you can hop onto before exposing yourself to the main group that you can are perfect for getting in a finisher or two, and then you'll usually have enough heavy ammo to kill the goblins before suiciding on the Hydra. Something that'll get you more super energy on kill is useful, but not necessary; I had like 85% uptime with heavy ammo ripping them apart with Hammerhead (I didn't have a solar MG).

I bet there are good farming spots like this for this week's non-matchmade Nightfalls but I haven't looked yet.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe after so many Erentils and Wizened Rebukes drops, i still don't have a high Impact Fusion rifle with Tap the Trigger. Wtf, why is my RNG donkey balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.