• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You know who can fucking die in a god damned fire? People that use mountaintop and luna's howl.
Just fucking die.
Luna's Howl? It's common but it's not in any way broken or oppressive...

MT and Recluse is the combination that's annoying when people are really good with it, they work so perfectly in tandem.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
You know who can fucking die in a god damned fire? People that use mountaintop and Recluse.
Just fucking die.
FTFY
Once you get a few raids under your belt and more comfortable with your performance, the anxiety will melt away. Let your performance do the talking.
I would agree with you but I had a lot of experience with raiding in D1...didn't change anything other than people not having to explain mechanics to me. Would be nice if the console version had text chat like PC but that'll never happen.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna come out and say I actually prefer Huckleberry over Recluse right now for PvP.

At least I feel like I perform better with it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
FTFY

I would agree with you but I had a lot of experience with raiding in D1...didn't change anything other than people not having to explain mechanics to me. Would be nice if the console version had text chat like PC but that'll never happen.
I know just being in a group with people chatting and engaging in social banter can be really hard when your anxiety is high, but our Destiny community on discord is really supportive of these things. In the past I've had crippling social anxiety and raided, and while it was still difficult to manage everyone was super cool about it.

Just know there are people like us who experiencing these things in our community, it's not uncommon. So while it will still be difficult, I get that, this community will support you however they can.

1. Move all your guns from your Warlock to your Hunter
2. Delete your Warlock
3. Make 2 more Hunters.
4. Delete 2 Hunters
5. Roll a Titan.
6. Transfer gear and delete final hunter.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
People will abuse it to prevent glory loss (assuming that's the intended outcome you want in such a scenario)

Dec 1, 2017
A few more questions:

Armor that is rolled from collection won't ever vary in stats right? Where as world drops always do and can be higher than the collection stats.

Like, there's no point for me to roll Ace-Defiant (Leviathan) gear from collection if I already have a drop from the raid?

Should I be more focused on high total # of stats (54 vs. a 50), or focusing on high stats in 1 or 2 select attributes (ex. Discipline and Resilience)?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
A few more questions:

Armor that is rolled from collection won't ever vary in stats right? Where as world drops always do and can be higher than the collection stats.

Like, there's no point for me to roll Ace-Defiant (Leviathan) gear from collection if I already have a drop from the raid?

Should I be more focused on high total # of stats (54 vs. a 50), or focusing on high stats in 1 or 2 select attributes (ex. Discipline and Resilience)?
Collection stats are set.

High number of stats + highest range for the stats you want for your current build. Just go with whatever piece you have that fits the best. Remember to pay attention to the stat break points, sometimes you can take a piece with slightly less of a specific stat (with higher elsewhere) if it's not actually going to do anything for you.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't LFG for much of anything and plays solo, Iron Banner is a godsend for armor. I haven't even turned in any bounties and matches are dropping armor with stats in the upper 50s, and it looks decent. I'm excited to see what I get after the update today.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who doesn't LFG for much of anything and plays solo, Iron Banner is a godsend for armor. I haven't even turned in any bounties and matches are dropping armor with stats in the upper 50s, and it looks decent. I'm excited to see what I get after the update today.

I don't think the patch affects stat rolls, and it being a pinnacle doesn't seem to affect stats as well.

Signed, the guy who still gets ~50 stat rolls from raids

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the patch affects stat rolls, and it being a pinnacle doesn't seem to affect stats as well.

Signed, the guy who still gets ~50 stat rolls from raids
I just meant that the regular Iron Will armor you get after matches in Iron Banner has been dropping with stats of like 57 and up. Not all of it but easily 3/4 pieces are 55+.

I just checked and I have IB boots with 62 stats.

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen a sub 55 roll from any raid.

Here you go. My extremely generous high level content raid efforts

IVH0ibu.png

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
I've gotten addicted to playing Pathfinder Hunter lately.

A few questions though.

I'm not sure which stats to focus on for PvE/PvP... And what's the best way for me to get higher level gear? I gave myself a rule that I wouldn't upgrade my "Perfect" gear with higher level gear unless it was 15 levels or so higher, which doesn't seem to be dropping... So I'm assuming that I need to just level it up by 5-or-so and then the higher level stuff will drop as the "buffer" raises?

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to grind for it, load into the broodhold nightfall with solar singe. Farm kills in lost sectors or patrol. Rally the public event flags when you run out of heavy. Bring the menagerie machine gun to get both solar and machine gun kills at the same time.

if you just need the machine gun kills, get the mod for heavy ammo from the artifact, then do the strike lake of shadows in edz from the director. Just ignore the actual strike and farm the fallen around the church. Public events can refill ammo and super to genereate ammo, and if the event happens where fallen and cabal fight you are set.
The quest is kinda badly written, no need to do strike playlists, the regular ones from the director do the trick.

Get the Heavy Finisher one from the artifact, it's not that great out in the world but it's perfect for bounties like this.

Last week I think one of the non-matchmade Nightfalls was Inverted Spire. You know that cavern you get to when you first hit the darkness zone? The one with a couple hydra and like a million goblins? It was perfect for that. There's this little platform with 4 goblins that you can hop onto before exposing yourself to the main group that you can are perfect for getting in a finisher or two, and then you'll usually have enough heavy ammo to kill the goblins before suiciding on the Hydra. Something that'll get you more super energy on kill is useful, but not necessary; I had like 85% uptime with heavy ammo ripping them apart with Hammerhead (I didn't have a solar MG).

I bet there are good farming spots like this for this week's non-matchmade Nightfalls but I haven't looked yet.

Good tips, all, thanks. I thought I had a heavy ammo mod, but when I rerolled to get all the barrier/overload/unstoppable gun mods I forgot to pick it up again.

I do wish the game itself was a little more clear about what counts and what doesn't. The edgewise quest says something to the effect of increased efficiency in higher level strikes but doesn't clarify if that's for the points only, or for the other stuff too.

Saw a funny clan name in a stream, "The Boolin' Faniglers". LOL wtf.

I see a lot of pretty funny names in this game.

There's a whole twitter account for it. Enjoy.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
You know who can fucking die in a god damned fire? People that use mountaintop and luna's howl.
Just fucking die.

K.

Just since we're talking on, er, friendly terms, how do you feel about Fighting Lion?

Mountaintop should not exist. Hell, there shouldn't be any grenade launchers that don't require heavy ammo.

Oh. I see.

So I'm assuming that I need to just level it up by 5-or-so and then the higher level stuff will drop as the "buffer" raises?

Level of gear drops for a character is determined by the highest equipable gear anywhere on your account (this character, other characters, vault, postmaster), not what you have equipped. Between 750 and 900, every drop should be a few points higher than max. Between 900 and 950, powerful drops become available while non-powerful (the rest) drop 0-3 levels below your max. After 950 you can only advance with 'pinnacle' rewards and there's no point in worrying about it.

So— hang onto the highest item in every slot even if you don't want it, at least until it's surpassed , but feel free to toss it into the vault. Infuse only when you need to use it in an activity that demands it be higher power.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I main a Warlock but electro missile Titan is a blast to play LOL

Made a Hunter too after deleting my old one but struggling to find a decent grenade form.

Also I hate to say it but Hunters definitely have the best fashion game.

Status
Not open for further replies.