• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Trying the 980 for the first time with off randoms and I respawned on the last boss on the wrong side of the room load barrier. I can't die so we can't lose, but I also can't help. I'm just watching them chip away at it slowly.

I did some laundry. I made a sandwich. I feel mildly bad that I'm not helping, but not that bad.

Hopefully I still get the chest drop when the finally get there.

If you move back a bit you should get ported.

The nightfall this week is so incredibly cheesable.
Skipping champions, 100% safe spots behind rocks for the boss, wipe defence teammates.
Plus its the one that drops osprey, so its another chance for people that need it for wayfarer.

I'm interested to see how hard the 'Final Offensive' against the Undying Mind is on Nov 19th. If it's really tough to do, doing it three times in two weeks might be tough, as I'm only LL 965
It wont be very hard. Its a activity "everyone" should do since it "ends" the Vex invasion story line.
My guess is that its gonna be 950 power.

Oct 25, 2017
If you move back a bit you should get ported.

The nightfall this week is so incredibly cheesable.
Skipping champions, 100% safe spots behind rocks for the boss, wipe defence teammates.
Plus its the one that drops osprey, so its another chance for people that need it for wayfarer.

I moved around a bunch and didn't port. Maybe if I'd jumped back up the tube, but at that point the other two decided it was a good thing so that we couldn't wipe.

But I got my ship and am 13/14s of the way to Undying so I'm Mr. Happy Guy.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I moved around a bunch and didn't port. Maybe if I'd jumped back up the tube, but at that point the other two decided it was a good thing so that we couldn't wipe.

But I got my ship and am 13/14s of the way to Undying so I'm Mr. Happy Guy.
Strange, same thing happened to me, though it didnt even occur to me to stay there for the unwipablilty.
I just took 2 steps back and instantly got "joining teammates" countdown.

How much glimmering amethyst do I need for this key mold quest?
Best way to farm is public events.
Heroic events give 10.
Otherwise strikes give 20.

Oct 28, 2017
Strange, same thing happened to me, though it didnt even occur to me to stay there for the unwipablilty.
I just took 2 steps back and instantly got "joining teammates" countdown.

Best way to farm is public events.
Heroic events give 10.
Otherwise strikes give 20.
Probably easier to just run the nightfall a bunch.. People tend to fuck up heroic event activations a fair bit.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, found a group on LFG and knocked out all the raid challenges. Home stretch baby

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I did the first two times I ran it for the exotic bow. He really doesn't want to run it again.
I kinda get it tbh.
I did it with a friend last season for the solstice armor in a 2 man team(which was the ultimate waste with how armor 2.0 wiped the masterwork), and then again for izanagi, and i just cant muster the will to do it again for the bow.
That "Never again" triumph is kinda accurate.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Finishing the ritual weapons is the least fun i've had earning something in a game since the wow archaeology bug mount in cataclysm. There is no value in combining a pve and a pvp game, they are never complimentary experiences.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Finishing the ritual weapons is the least fun i've had earning something in a game since the wow archaeology bug mount in cataclysm. There is no value in combining a pve and a pvp game, they are never complimentary experiences.

I wouldn't mind if they put 3 ritual weapons in a drip feed method for every reason. First one in the first month of the season, second in the second month, and third in the third and final month

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out how to get the Ancient Believer shader for the Garden of Salvation badge? Not the one you get from flawless, the other one.

Yes I do though. :x

I got the Hallowfire Heart. Does this thing make middle tree sunbreaker worth using, or can I continue to ignore the coolest tree?

Hallowfire is only worthwhile if you don't use your super and the only good thing about middle tree is the super.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I wouldn't mind if they put 3 ritual weapons in a drip feed method for every reason. First one in the first month of the season, second in the second month, and third in the third and final month

they need to reduce the requirements about a third. they're way too time consuming given these are fake pinnacle weapons now.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The biggest pain in the ass as far as the Undying title is the pinnacle weapons and emblems.

All the stuff related to the actual activity aren't too hard to do. I ground out most of them in one long session over last weekend.

I'm interested to see how hard the 'Final Offensive' against the Undying Mind is on Nov 19th. If it's really tough to do, doing it three times in two weeks might be tough, as I'm only LL 965

dont you have to hit level 20 on the artifact? Just that in itself is pretty f-ing grindy.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I like Exit Strategy more than Recluse.
>.>
I mean, it sounds nice and if u put an anti-barrier mod on it, the bullets and bullet traces are red, which looks good too!

I just pulled the auto rifle from the Garden of Salvation raid out of my vault and that shit is fun to use. U don't even need a reload perk for it, since it reloads way too quickly. It seems like the best 720 RPM auto rifle out there and it doesn't even blind ur eyes when u fire it.

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it sounds nice and if u put an anti-barrier mod on it, the bullets and bullet traces are red, which looks good too!

I just pulled the auto rifle from the Garden of Salvation raid out of my vault and that shit is fun to use. U don't even need a reload perk for it, since it reloads way too quickly. It seems like the best 720 RPM auto rifle out there and it doesn't even blind ur eyes when u fire it.
Pew pew!

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
The Randy's quest turned me into a full time fusion rifle user in crucible. i hate this,
Just embrace the dad-ness and get jotuun.
For the GoS seal I'm pretty sure it is. You need to complete the collection group to get the triumph.
Its not.
Hitting lvl 20 on the artifact is a triumph, but not part of any collection needed for any seal.
Its just a random triumph like the one you get for gettin lvl 100 in the season pass.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Finally done with Vanguard, Crucible and Gambit Ritual Weapons, Emblems and Shaders. All I need is the ship for the collections badge.

Is it a guaranteed drop from a 980 NF?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man... Pretty sure I've played too much today haha.

I went from 29 (I think) to 40 on the BP today.

I'm 940 now but I still cannot clear 9 branches. Always get to 7.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I kinda hate how seasonal triumphs are time limited. I feel like I need to be playing Vex Offensive for the points while I can... but I really just want to play crucible. So now it's killing my motivation to play at all.

Got the Werewolf

I'm done
I'm done
I'm done

I never want to see the Infinite Forest again
I only saw it once! You get chocolate bars for doing any other activity as long as you wear a mask. Vex Offensive gives a bunch.

Culgan

Oct 27, 2017
Joined the Resetera discord this morning and got taught the mechanics & cleared GoS for the first time a couple of hours later :>

So glad to have a resource for doing some higher end stuff on PC. My main group is on PS4 and our schedules conflict and I have a hard time going back to PS4 after playing shadowkeep on PC since launch.

On top of that, now I only need a 980 Nightfall clear and the Undying kills for my first seal. I imagine this week is probably a good time to get the 980 NF cleared? Sounds like it's not too bad but in the Destiny LFG discord everyone wants izanagis/divinity and I don't have them yet.

also, 4 pinnacle warlock bond drops at the same light level this week. brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.