• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry guy, but multiple people can be right on this subject. Your opinion on this doesn't own exclusivity.

Wall hacks gives information, the most important thing in the entire game. And it gives it for like 10 full seconds. Information that can be shared with a team. Further, it makes a sniper's job about 10x easier.

So I mean it's cool that you think the overshield is the *real* problem and I agree it will make some Titans marginally less aggressive. But certainly not all of them, and dive-bombing Recluse + Mountaintop users will continue to do so with the same combo. But now maybe they only get 2 kills instead of 3, which is good for everyone. But the wall hacks are about half the reason why people wear it at all, and I see nothing in this nerf to change that reality. It still having regen means they will still get right back into fights.
Information can be manipulated, if you got a marked then you can either stay still or move back or forth to keep him guessing or take the heat so your teammates can get the drop on your opponents while they are so focus on you. As for the instant regen, they are no different from devour warlocks/wormhusk hunters/suros or crimson users. Health regen only puts oem users back on equal standing but that means they can be taken out easily with 1 shotgun shot.

There are always counterplay to singular wall hack and health regen but theres never a counter play to a overshield.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
thanks guys. the funny thing about OEM is how many things were nerfed in the past year but OEM still prevailed.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
So, Ikora gave me The Huckleberry today when I turned in my Vex Components weekly. I see the catalyst apparently can be acquired in heroic adventures on mars. Does that mean as a end reward only or any mob has a chance to drop it during the heroic adventure? So, maybe just farming mobs in the adventure to get it to drop?

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
So, Ikora gave me The Huckleberry today when I turned in my Vex Components weekly. I see the catalyst apparently can be acquired in heroic adventures on mars. Does that mean as a end reward only or any mob has a chance to drop it during the heroic adventure? So, maybe just farming mobs in the adventure to get it to drop?

I believe it's for completion of the adventure. And it's not just on Mars, there are heroic adventures everywhere now, wherever the flashpoint is.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I reflect on that conference delivered by Rami Ismail, about how the players are always right about things like game feel (i.e., "this boss is too hard"), but never about game balance ("give me better weapons to beat this boss").

I then apply it to Destiny and realize Bungie has zero fucking clue about game balance either, if this is how they go about rebalancing.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck the overshield, trust me after the nerfs you will see a lot of oem users be less aggressive and less risk taking because they don't have any overshield to protect their fuck ups/ramboing/bad positioning.

I don't really play Titan, but saw OEM and its overshield doing work yesterday when my firend shareplayed a rumble match on Vostok. He ran loops of the caves smashing the crap out of everyone else. Got a 17 melee kill streak, nobody could touch him with their shotguns, melees, nothing. Essentially untouchable without them teaming up which wasn't going to happen in a free-for-all. Got the triumph for scoring more points than the other 5 added together.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
So really weird thing. I'm messaging just random people at the tower if they want to do a Raid and I got a enforcement.xbox.com and now I can't message anyone. I literally was just saying [Raid?] is that not a cool thing to do anymore?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Raids are not something you are going to do by messaging random people in the tower. On Xbox there is a dedicated LFG tool in the community tab of the OS, use that. Plus join our Discord for actual, friendly sherpas.

Oct 25, 2017
Fortaleza
I give up on randy and the title

zero patience on finishing this quest.

i hate using scouts in pvp and is so much kills.

even in momentum control I only advance 2-3%

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
nerfs seem a bit soft--we're gonna get a few months of slightly decreased power out of OEM and Recluse until Bungie once again comes with the final full nerf lol

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Recluse's nerf probably won't have much impact on PC but it seems like a solid nerf on consoles. It'll still be *very* good and one of your best options but won't be as ridiculous, I think it'll be in a good place.

One Eyed Mask's nerf doesn't seem to really address much of what everyone hates about it. I daresay of all of OEM's features the Overshield/Health regen was probably the least of players concerns. It's the wallhacks and extra damage I think people particularly hate about going up against that helmet. Kind of wild if that's not being addressed. (And I'm saying that as a Titan main). Any time you get marked you're basically still just going to be best off just completely disengaging because the Titan has the advantage.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I am at 62 of the Battle Pass... And I'm sitting at 959 Light (Base 949 Light)... I'm somewhat worried about burning out.

Every day I have done the following.

Crucible, Gambit, Strikes, Gunsmith, Vex, Eris, and Festival bounties...

To still get to 100 can I cut out any of that?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Recluse's nerf probably won't have much impact on PC but it seems like a solid nerf on consoles. It'll still be *very* good and one of your best options but won't be as ridiculous, I think it'll be in a good place.

One Eyed Mask's nerf doesn't seem to really address much of what everyone hates about it. I daresay of all of OEM's features the Overshield/Health regen was probably the least of players concerns. It's the wallhacks and extra damage I think people particularly hate about going up against that helmet. Kind of wild if that's not being addressed. (And I'm saying that as a Titan main). Any time you get marked you're basically still just going to be best off just completely disengaging because the Titan has the advantage.
The overshield was definitely stronger than the damage buff, which I don't think really changed much time to kill wise. The overshield made 1v2ing a lot easier, especially if you get them in back-to-back 1v1s. Wall hacks and health regen is still super strong though, probably still be the best PvP exotic in the game.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Started grinding the scout rifle kills for Randy this Wednesday.

I'm already at 250.

Can't wait to get this over with cause I have a lot of other stuff I want to do in the game.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So I am at 62 of the Battle Pass... And I'm sitting at 959 Light (Base 949 Light)... I'm somewhat worried about burning out.

You can combine some for much more XP a run, like Vex and Eris' bounties can both be done in the Vex Offensive. One of the fastest ways to level up is just keep buying the Vex and Eris bounties and repeat. You can do 1 level in like 20-25 minutes. Boring as hell though, so if you are worried about burn out, mightn't be worth doing that yet when there's a few weeks still left.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Not sure where the boosts are in the pass, but the path to 100 seemed to finish off very quickly.

I'd personally hate approaching the game that way with such a rigid routine, not surprised you're on the edge of burning out.

What I did was do what I wanted when I felt like it, chipped away at quests or whatever when I was bored, and every now and again when nobody I play with was about or I wanted to listen to a podcast and do a bit of mindless levelling I'd just go hard at grinding a lost sector with eris or ikora bounties. K1 Communion for moon and The Orrey on Nessus. Vex Offensive seems better as you can kinda do both at once, but you're competing for kills and it's a PITA when you're doing say hand cannon and there's constant recluse din from every angle. You do get a lot of drops though, which might be worth it for materials. I think my season rank is something ridiculous, getting towards 250 now.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For weeks I have been an owner of a recluse and not once have I taken it to the crucible to be toxic.

Am I not honourable, am I not a shinning beacon signalling hope across the stars?

Revel in me, revel, fellow Guardians.

giphy.gif

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
As a pretty recent Recluse owner, only interested in it for PvE, does the nerf apply to both PvP and PvE? I don't have the intricate knowledge of how the weapon works yet so I don't quite get the bungie.net post consequences.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
As a pretty recent Recluse owner, only interested in it for PvE, does the nerf apply to both PvP and PvE? I don't have the intricate knowledge of how the weapon works yet so I don't quite get the bungie.net post consequences.
Applies to both. It's perk when active basically made every shot do headshot damage, they are lowering that.

Dec 1, 2017
I only have a 964 Hunter, but want to try out Warlock and Titan. I understand the leveling guides, but are my bounties and quests shared across all my characters? Like if I've progressed to the Zero Hour portion of Outbreak Perfected on my Hunter, I can just do it on my Warlock (once my power level is adequate) and the progress goes to all characters? I won't have to do this questline again, right?

If I do the Gunsmith's daily bounties on my Hunter, can my Warlock not do them?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I only have a 964 Hunter, but want to try out Warlock and Titan. I understand the leveling guides, but are my bounties and quests shared across all my characters? Like if I've progressed to the Zero Hour portion of Outbreak Perfected on my Hunter, I can just do it on my Warlock (once my power level is adequate) and the progress goes to all characters? I won't have to do this questline again, right?

If I do the Gunsmith's daily bounties on my Hunter, can my Warlock not do them?

Bounties are per character. So you can do Gunsmith bounties on every character.

The quest stuff depends. Zero Hour is account-wide afaik, but Whisper isn't. Bungie is doing better on making quests "account-wide" rather than "character-wide" but there are some exceptions still (example being Shadowkeep storyline)

LawfulEnder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From the wording it doesn't seem like it's changing how it works in PvE. The absurd bodyshot damage from the buff was only ever on the PvP side AFAIK.

The numbers aren't identical, but the impact was the same: Recluse with MoA hits essentially just as hard regardless of whether or not you hit crits. I would assume that's changing in PVE as well, given that's a big part of the gun's PVE dominance.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
When will the Vanguard put Failsafe's A.I. into an EXO frame before Nessus is eaten?

Why hasn't a mad scientist like Asher Mir not used his ghost to figure out a way to simulate missing limbs or clone entire bodies? I mean, he shot for the moon (simulating Light) and missed, but could've easily landed among the stars (clone bodies/limbs).

Status
Not open for further replies.