• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2017
Another noob question - is there a way to tell if something is curated? If I get a full MW weapon drop from a chest/end of strike/wherever, does that mean it's curated, or could it just be some random full MW that isn't curated? Is there an identifier or anything?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Hey quick question, do you still need PS+ to access most online features in Destiny 2?

I know it was still the case when it went free to play, but I'm wondering if that has changed at all recently, or if they have made a statement about it.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am almost done with this stupid seal and its dragging. I need solar or melee kills for first watch quest. Anyone have any tips to make this go faster?
If you're a Hunter: Solar middle tree and equip Ophidia Spathe. This allows you to basically throw infinite triple throwing knives if you can keep the buff stacked. Run out? Dodge near an enemy and you get 2 throwing knife charges back.

Do this anywhere you get loads of weak red bar mobs grouped together and you'll get it done in no time. Pair this with the Solar LMG from Menagerie and it'll go even faster.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Another noob question - is there a way to tell if something is curated? If I get a full MW weapon drop from a chest/end of strike/wherever, does that mean it's curated, or could it just be some random full MW that isn't curated? Is there an identifier or anything?
A non curated roll will never drop a fully MW stat, only a curated drop will.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I need like 7k imperials to finish this damn chalice, going to take like 3 more weeks UGH!

I've done most of the triumphs/bounties/wealth of emperor/nessus barge each week too.

Dec 1, 2017
The whole process is definitely a slog, but I hope that izanagi catalyst is worth it and doesn't get nerfed the week I get it lol.

I wish I would have started grinding this out the first week of Shadowkeep as I would have been done by now.

It took me a good 4 weeks to realize I had to pay to open the chest next to Werner on the barge for the quest. I was ashamed

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
The whole process is definitely a slog, but I hope that izanagi catalyst is worth it and doesn't get nerfed the week I get it lol.

I wish I would have started grinding this out the first week of Shadowkeep as I would have been done by now.
With the speed Bungie is nerfing stuff. It would take at least half a year until they even look at Izanagi's.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
give me your ideal best possible roll for Erentil PvP on consoles.
I can't find one I like lol

Ohotblh.jpg
oOMTxBb.jpg

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
thanks
currently using this one (with MS5 and LC)
  • Signal MS5 / Transmission MS7
  • Liquid Coils / Enhanced Battery
  • Snapshot
  • Backup Plan
  • Masterwork Range
which I think it's the best of my 6 erentils lol
But I think I just need to accept that I don't like fusions in PvP and go back to my other builds

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Got 4 954 chest pieces from Pinnacle rewards this week, already had a 954 chest piece too, feels bad. Still got the Dungeon to kick me while I'm down, though probably get another class item to make it 3 in 3 weeks.

Jan 2, 2018
Weirdly comforted that I wasn't the only one confused by this. There are other triumph pages where the top left triumph is simply for completing the others, so I think it's a reasonable assumption that's what's going on here. I thought "collections screen" referred to this page. I was lucky I mentioned in in a conversation with GalaxyDive and he set me straight because hoo boy if I'd found this out on the last week of the season I dunno if I'd play destiny ever again.

I seriously thought the title was just for griding those VO triumphs, I don't know if I'd even have started if I'd known how much grinding it would be. Especially since I was trying to make Legend in comp before this derailed me.
Exactly my thoughts as well. Luckily I've collected most of the seasonal items through the normal course of play anyway. I got Exit Strategy last night, so now all I have left is to finish the First Watch quest and the 980 Nightfall.

It's some bullshit though. Feels like they keep moving the goal posts.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
So just verifying for Randy's because I've seen conflicting things (imagine that, Bungie's written a misleading quest step. Shocking).

What counts towards the medals progress? Best I could find is multikills with weapons and the weapon-specific medals for kills in a single life?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So just verifying for Randy's because I've seen conflicting things (imagine that, Bungie's written a misleading quest step. Shocking).

What counts towards the medals progress? Best I could find is multikills with weapons and the weapon-specific medals for kills in a single life?

Just slap on a Fusion and get double kills (2 kills without reloading - "Cold Fusion") and you will get quick progress.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

Yep, weapon kill medals and I'm pretty sure just stuff like double downs and Triple kills, etc with anything (Super/Abilities) count too. I used Recluse in Momentum Control, but Fusion Rifles are what most use, as you need to get 2 kill without reloading and a good one is the best Sniper-Shotgun in the game.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I am sure that the Debuff Void Grenade mod whatever its called,
Grenade, Nova Bomb, Heavy DPS

the one thing that can ruin the NF experience is if one player gets to the boss and the doesn't wait for the other players before the Boss initiates
No, like, at some power levels of the NF people have to deliberately delay melting the boss to trigger more add phases. Reason being that the amount of points gained from the boss aren't enough to push them over the 100k threshold.

I'm asking if you'll have enough points by the boss to get 100k by doing the boss melt at PL 980

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Just slap on a Fusion and get double kills (2 kills without reloading - "Cold Fusion") and you will get quick progress.
Yep, weapon kill medals and I'm pretty sure just stuff like double downs and Triple kills, etc with anything (Super/Abilities) count too. I used Recluse in Momentum Control, but Fusion Rifles are what most use, as you need to get 2 kill without reloading and a good one is the best Sniper-Shotgun in the game.

Thanks for verifying! Yeah, I was probably gonna aim for Cold Fusion medals once I cleaned up the rest of my scout kills.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Got 4 954 chest pieces from Pinnacle rewards this week, already had a 954 chest piece too, feels bad. Still got the Dungeon to kick me while I'm down, though probably get another class item to make it 3 in 3 weeks.
It's awful when that happens. First IB this season I got 7 energy weapons from 11 drops. +1, +2... makes no difference when they're dupes :/ Feels like sometimes the game just loves giving you the same damn slot over and over.

This week, haven't yet finished IB on 2nd character, done 1 dungeon, but my main has gone up 2 levels - payback, I can now drop 958s on that one.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Is crosssave still a thing? Want so switch over to pc. I several times dissmised a notification about crossave on the ps4. Am i now outof luck?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am trying to do the black armory quest to kill 25 powerful enemies. Where can I find them?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I am trying to do the black armory quest to kill 25 powerful enemies. Where can I find them?
Escalation Protocol, Start Leviathan and kills gurads then restart or my favourite: Adventure on Nessus near southern exit of Exodus Black area (Exodus Siege. Start it, invisible fallen come from spawn point to west, stay high and keep popping them - don;t pick up scout report or you'll progress the story).

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I think I used Escalation Protocol and it went by quickly.
Escalation Protocol, Start Leviathan and kills gurads then restart or my favourite: Adventure on Nessus near southern exit of Exodus Black area (start it, invisible fallen come from spawn point to west, stay high and keep popping them - don;t pick up scout report or you'll progress the story).
What is escalation protocol and how do you initiate it?

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first and probably only title today, yay! I know it doesn't mean much to most of y'all badasses but it was a feat for me. Just doing the crucible parts was so far outside of anything I thought I could do. I played and got fabled for the first time ever, and finally got to taste a bit of the Mountaintop/Recluse/21%Delirium stuff that I see everybody rocking. I seriously regret not doing this sooner cause damn lol.

Hell, even going on reddit and hooking up with two strangers for the 980 today is a testament to how much I wanted to get this title. I know a lot of people feel it was way too easy but it really pulled me out of my shell a lot in Destiny. I've had a great time this season even though I hadn't spent much time at all on the moon until the last week. Plus Undying sounds really cool. I honestly think that had a lot to do with wanting it.

That's awesome, congrats!

It's my only one too, but I'm working on Wayfarer. My current issue is that I should have Dredgen but one of the emblems is bugged, and I would go for Chronicler but one of the lore books is bugged.

Actually lore books in general are bugged, because The Chronicron went from unlocked back to undiscovered, even when I got new ones.

It's mildly frustrating.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
What is escalation protocol and how do you initiate it?
Mars ad-hoc public event in rounds. Keep fast travelling into either location and see if it is already underway (if you can't start it yourself having not got far enough in the campaign). It's one of the best activities in the game. When I came back to D2 in the Summer, I couldn't keep away... pop there to complete a bounty and an hour later rinsing the boss on rounds 6 and 7 for drops.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I just had the realization that this is the only season were we have a new event and activities and at the end of the season, it goes away completely. No other expansion or season has been that way, It was always building on the base game as a whole. This doesnt really sit right with me.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I always just load into the Leviathan raid and kill the 6 yellow bars and if I have ammo left, I work on the other 2. Then, rinse and repeat. It's boring but only takes a few minutes to finish.

That's awesome, congrats!

It's my only one too, but I'm working on Wayfarer. My current issue is that I should have Dredgen but one of the emblems is bugged, and I would go for Chronicler but one of the lore books is bugged.

Actually lore books in general are bugged, because The Chronicron went from unlocked back to undiscovered, even when I got new ones.

It's mildly frustrating.
Thanks! That really sucks about the titles for you though. I didn't realize there were bugs like that but I'm also not surprised lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.