• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This may be a silly question but... are we expecting a new power level cap increase?

I imagine with no new pinnacle activities or raid, we would remain at 950 base?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
ssfbkwzru0341.jpg

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth getting into this at this point? Just saw the Digital Deluxe is on sale and will be going away. Kinda in the mood for this kind of game as Borderlands 3 wasn't able to hold my attention past one playthrough.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
no, but the new armor looks dope
it hasn't been confirmed, but since there is a new seasonal mod in the armor I assume you will need to regrind armor if you want to use the seasonal mod.
because I needed another reason for completely ignoring armor
Yeah, I've just been working on getting mats to finish masterworking my gear with good stat rolls, and am wondering if it'd be best to just forget about it and hold them for next season. I guess it's just a few days until we find out.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So I am on the last part of the Truth Exotic quest, the one where you have to collect relics in the Warden of Nothing Strike... I've watched like 4 videos and read 2 guides.... the relics are not there anymore.

I guess they must have moved them or something? I cannot complete this quest now... wtf.

970 is the new cap, 960 to 970 , you need pinnacle awards

Cool Thanks.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
So I am on the last part of the Truth Exotic quest, the one where you have to collect relics in the Warden of Nothing Strike... I've watched like 4 videos and read 2 guides.... the relics are not there anymore.

I guess they must have moved them or something? I cannot complete this quest now... wtf.
Are the people you're matchmaking with getting to them before you? It doesn't matter who gets them. Have you taken Queensfoil?

xplicitone

Oct 25, 2017
In Orbit
Hey Guardians,

I'm at Glory 4144 and trying to make the final push to my first Legend. I pretty much only play Comp every season, mostly solo, and this season I've done nothing but strictly Solo queue so far but seemed to have hit a wall like usual. Anyone want to help/team up to make the final push this weekend considering the season ends on Tuesday? I currently play on PC

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Nope I was the only one in the instance, and I was only able to get 4 relics which were placed in different locations than the videos showed... I could not find the 5th.

Super weird.
There's a load of those things IIRC, you don't need the exact ones you might have seen in videos. What platform are you on? I matched with people no problem, but it all depends if people are doing it when you are I suppose. Definitely didn't join on someone/others already doing it who might have collected some already? It's the only reason for the ones you expect to be there already missing.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
There's a load of those things IIRC, you don't need the exact ones you might have seen in videos. What platform are you on? I matched with people no problem, but it all depends if people are doing it when you are I suppose. Definitely didn't join on someone/others already doing it who might have collected some already? It's the only reason for the ones you expect to be there already missing.
You don't have to get them all. Once you pick up enough, the rest disappear.

Hmm alright, I'll try and rerun again later to see if it was maybe a one off glitch.

Still weird that the relics from the videos were placed differently.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Can you provide a summary?
First one is about the early days of Saint, and how he got the bands you see in artwork of him/on his ship.
Basically he once saved a little girl, and she gave him a ribbon as thanks(that was around the founding of the city), since then people have taken up the custom of giving him a band of cloth or something as thanks for being saved of him.
Late artwork of him has him/his ship with many many of them, showing that he saved a bunch of people in his time as titan.
Entry ends with osiris at his grave, telling sangria that he never asked saint what the bands/ribbons meant.

Second one is shorter, basically a talk between saint and osiris, that explains how osiris became vanguard commander(aka saint is going to crusade, so osiris holds down the fort).

Third one is about the sundial, osiris doing some shady stuff to build it so he can bring saint back.
Apparently Drifter is also a mechanic for hire, helped build it.
The sundial "whispers", and the drifter mentions "bargain" meaning its likely Osiris used some Ahamkara(wish dragon, whose wishes usualy end bad(aka curse of the dreaming city bad) parts in the construction.

After some banter with the Drifter, which includes a mention of our guardian(kinda hinting this even is set before the drifter arrived in the tower), osiris starts the sundial to find a very specific version of saint.
Scenes of various echoes observing the many times saint was on mercury, including big titan lore in the construction of the forge that made hammer titans.

Osiris splits into thousands of copies to find the version of saint he needs(the one where he fights against the mind created to sap his light, takes him months.
He gets so invested, some of his echoes ignore his controll and stay looking for saint for years, and even kill themselves when they lose hope. Some echoes are so deep unto the infinite forest, there is no coming back.

He never finds the right Saint.

Osiris for whom no time has passed since the first activation, but who has spend lifetimes in it all the same(time trickery oh i love it), eventually gives up and wraps the machine in stealth so noone can find it.

End of this days lore entry.

Basically Osiris tried to do it all by himself, but even his awsomeness could not find the right Saint that needed to be saved.
But now, with us killing the UMind and the Raid Mind last seasons, the vex collective is "weakened", meaning osiris sees a new chance to save saint.
Plus since we Guardians number in the millions, and have even more time to play destiny than a warlock that can split himself into echoes and travel time, we can use the sundial to achieve what Osiris could not.

Also mentioned in the lore entry is that the Sundial is a one trick pony as it comes to saving someone, so most likely there will be no saving anybody else(like some bot that had a chicken or something) with it.

xplicitone

Oct 25, 2017
In Orbit
Hey Guardians,

I'm at Glory 4144 and trying to make the final push to my first Legend. I pretty much only play Comp every season, mostly solo, and this season I've done nothing but strictly Solo queue so far but seemed to have hit a wall like usual. Anyone want to help/team up to make the final push this weekend considering the season ends on Tuesday? I currently play on PC

Make that 4364 on a 4 game win streak :D

Still looking for 1-2 people to group up with tonight!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I mean, you ain't gonna hit shit, shark. You're shark. But this game's dorky ass magnetism with its hit boxes will allow anything generous to go on. Because Destiny sucks. Those knives are going into heads.

I mean, we have throwing knives already...they dont kill much...they do like what, 100 damage now? never see em. changing dmg to 200 isn't going to make them homing. we'll see.

Yes! This clown has a logical mind. Indeed, other classes have had OP OHK's forever, it's about time we get one.

Lets not kid ourselves though it wont be good like handheld nova and shoulder charge are. Bungie is just giving us lip service. we already have throwing knives that do a lot of damage just not ohk, and i never get killed by them. their nonexistent aim assist and hours long cooldown is not gonna change. shoulder charge you don even have to aim, just take two steps and obliterate anything in a ten meter radius.

if they're even half as good as shoulder charge the tears and crying for nerf by the community will drown out the sun anyway.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
So about the entry in the roadmap that is called Empyrean Foundation.

Saint 14 was there when the Sunbreakers made the forge.

Sunbreakers got deaded during the Red War by the cabal.

Season of Dawn has us facing Red Legion plebs that want to change history.

The boss of the sunbreakers was called Empyrial Magistrate.

What if the Empyrean Foundation is about how Saint 14 is rebuilding the Order/Honoring them by holding some sort of Trial ?

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
What if the Empyrean Foundation is about how Saint 14 is rebuilding the Order/Honoring them by holding some sort of Trial ?

The issues I see off the top of my head are:

- the most famous void Titan being involved in solar stuff? Nah
- Sunbreakers were mercenaries which is pretty much the opposite of Saint-14's MO
- that would be a pretty class specific theme for a new trials, which Bungie seems to still be tweaking behind the scenes

If anything i see the Empyrean stuff being a sort of Solar Week replacement.

edit: nevermind just read the last lore drop lmao

Last edited:

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Cool Thanks.
The Relics are there. You have to use a Tincture of Queensfoil to get the Ascendant buff in order to see them.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Pvp can be good fun when the majority are tinkering around with different loadouts. Played a few games where I was generally surprised to see no OEM, luna/NF and Erentils.

Status
Not open for further replies.