• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
XoaUnlB.jpg

b4SLolx.jpg

A1PxkZj.jpg

XOX6VHs.jpg

REWrqQqjac5bBsqdGzjU25.png

9KYjJZV.jpg

rr34ALx.jpg

Destiny 2: New Light launches October 1, 2019 and is free to play on every supported platform.

Starting October 1st Destiny 2 New Light becomes the Base entry in the Destiny franchise. New Guardians will begin their journey wby playing a remixed version of the first mission from Destiny 1 before being thrust to 750 power and having the entire Year 1 of Destiny 2 to experience.

This includes

Destiny 2
Curse of Osiris
Warmind
Select Forsaken Content*
Select Annual Pass Content**

New Light becomes the Free to play model for Destiny 2 going forward.

* Select Forsaken content includes
  • Free Roam on all Destinations
  • Strikes Playlists
  • Crucible Playlists
  • Gambit and Gambit Prime Playlists
** Select Annual Pass Content includes
  • Black Armory Forges
  • Season of the Drifter Reckoning
  • Season of Opulence Menagerie

jM49yul.jpg

Armor 2.0 is a fundamental change to how Destiny 2's gear system.

Each piece of armor will drop with two numbers attached: a Power level and an Energy level from 1-10. Power functions exactly as before, but Energy is a new stat that functions as a budget for mods—which replace the basic perks armor used to come with. Mods come in a variety of flavours for example reload perks that speed up a specific weapon types reload speed or traction which will increase player mobility stats. The new armor system also brings a renewed focus on stats. Currently, characters only have three stats: Mobility (which affects movement speed), Resilience (which affects how much damage you can take), and Recovery (which affects how quickly your shields recover). These stats all have a hard cap of 10. With Shadowkeep, that cap is raised to 100, and three stats from the original Destiny are added back into the game: Intelligence (which affects super cooldowns), Strength (which affects melee cooldowns), and Discipline (which affects grenade cooldowns). In order to make the differences in these stats more palpable in-game, every 10 points you'll get a bonus—like a percentage increase to your base movement speed for increasing your Mobility.

(The above is lifted from a Kotaku article because it's the best explanation of the confusing system I have seen to date)

Going Forward, The 5 Year Plan & The Future
With renewed autonomy Shadowkeep serves as Bungies first major steps down a path of change and betterment for Destiny 2. New light, A Steam (re)Launch, A Stadia version, Armor 2.0, Redesigned Seasons. All these things serve as the opening hand for a longer supported, better supported and better than ever Destiny experience. In bungies own words.

"A lot of what we're doing this year is to set Destiny 2 into a place where it can begin its next major change. What we want to construct is a world where players feel like their actions, whether a person or as an overall global community, are moving the universe forward in some meaningful way.
So the vision for Destiny 2 is awesome action MMO in a single evolving world, that you and your friends can play anywhere.
One of the biggest changes from the seasonal model you'll see from the annual past is that we're focusing a lot more on how the seasons actually connected to one another. We want to make sure we're actually threading a narrative that players can follow. Starting in Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, we're going to start telling one continuous story, you want it to be meaningful, you want to understand, like, why was I sent there? We're actually trying to set up this concept of the season being something that occurs, and you want to be there and you want to experience it.
The players are moving the world forward. They're making an impact. They're leaving that resonance in the Destiny 2 world itself. How can Guardians actually come together and do something that unlocks rewards, pursuits, new experiences for everyone?
We want a universe that's dynamic and changing the universe where you can have memories, you can say things like I was there when..."

"We're here to build something that lives."

Launch

In preparation for the launch of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 will be taken offline for maintenance on Monday, 9/30. This maintenance will last for approximately 24 hours, and will end with the launch of Shadowkeep on 10/1.

PC players make sure you have migrated to Steam by October 1st
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/PCMove

Steam Preloads are available right now for Shadowkeep and New Light players.

Cross Save is active for anyone still wanting to switch platforms
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave

Media and Trailers

Gamescom Trailer
Season of The Undying Trailer
Moon Reveal
Developer Insight: Return to the Moon
Bungie Vidoc: Out of the Shadows
Bungie Livestream: The Next Chapter for Destiny 2

Community

Group Finding

D2 PC LFG Discord (PC) https://discordapp.com/invite/d2pclfg
DestinyLFG (All Platforms) http://www.destinylfg.net/
The 100 (All Platforms) https://www.the100.io/
Bungie Fireteam Search https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/FireteamSearch

Community Sites and Tools

Braytech.org https://braytech.org/
Destiny Item Manager https://destinyitemmanager.com/
Destiny Sets (Gear and Weapon Checklist) https://destinysets.com/
Destiny Tracker (PvP/PvE Stats) https://destinytracker.com/
light.gg (Full database scraper/Stat Tracker) https://light.gg/
Ishtar Collective (Lore Collectors) https://www.ishtar-collective.net/
/r/DestinyTheGame https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/
Destiny Roundup https://destinyroundup.com/
Destiny Daily https://www.destiny-daily.com/
Gaurdian.gg https://guardian.gg/2

DestinyEra also has a active private discord with LFG channels for all platforms and a lovely community. We are welcoming and easy going. If you want to join you can DM @Ruthless requesting an invite.

The DestinyEra Discord is also home to a channel dedicated to Sherpas willing to guide new players on their first foray into the Raids and Raid Lairs of Destiny 2 and Forsaken

What to do Before Shadowkeep
Huge thanks to EmptySpace for the following

If you are a New Light player on October 1st:
  • The Red War Campaign
    • Post Red War Planetary Quests Chains found on The EDZ, Titan, Nessus, and Io.
    • Post Red War "On the Comms" quest chain (This quest is hidden on Nessus, and it will not appear on your director, but it is a relevant quest)
  • The standard weekly/daily milestones (ie Complete 5 crucible matches, 3 strikes, the weekly flashpoint, etc.)
  • Pinnacle Legendary Weapons from Strikes, Crucible, and Gambit
  • The Curse of Osiris campaign
  • The Warmind campaign
  • "The Whisper" quest chain (This quest is hidden on IO, and will not appear on your director until you complete it the first time, but it is a relevant quest)
  • "Zero Hour" quest chain (This quest is hidden on Titan, and will not appear on your director until you complete it the first time, but it is a relevant quest)
  • The Black Armory and unlock its Forges
  • Gambit Prime and unlock Reckoning
    • Allegiance quest chain
  • The Invitation and unlock The Menagerie
  • The Tribute Hall
    • "The Other Side" quest (This quest is hidden as part of the Tribute Hall, and will not appear on your director until you complete it the first time, but it is a relevant quest)
  • Leviathan Raid
  • Eater of Worlds Raid Lair (Raid Lairs are smaller raids with fewer encounters, and a smaller loot pool compared to a standard raid)
  • Spire of Stars Raid Lair (Raid Lairs are smaller raids with fewer encounters, and a smaller loot pool compared to a standard raid)

If you buy Forsaken as of September 17th you will be prompted to do everything found above and the following:

• The Forsaken Campaign
    • Post Forsaken "Cayde's Will" quest chain
    • Post Forsaken "Tex Mechanica Tournament" quest chain (This quest is hidden,it will not appear on your director, and is begun randomly after completing any activity or bounty. It is a relevant quest)
    • Post Forsaken "Awoken Talisman" quest chain
      • Awoken Talisman quest chain part 2 The Shattered Throne (This is hidden in the Dreaming City, and appears once every three weeks for seven days, but it is a relevant quest)
  • "Mysterious Box" (This is quest is hidden on the EDZ, and it will not appear on your director, but it is a relevant quest)
  • "Scrap of Paper" quest chain (This quest is hidden in The Menagerie. It will not appear on your director, and is only accessible on specific weeks, but it is a relevant quest)
  • "Tainted Artifact" quest chain
  • "The Seething Heart" quest chain (This quest is hidden in standard Gambit, and it will not appear on your director, but it is a relevant quest)
  • "A Melted Hunk of Metal" quest chain (This quest is hidden on the EDZ, and it will not appear on your director, but it is a relevant quest)
  • "A Fateful Gift" quest chain (This quest is hidden on the EDZ, and it will not appear on your director, but it is a relevant quest)
  • The Last Wish Raid
  • Scourge of the Past Raid
  • Crown of Sorrows Raid

That should be everything that will appear on your director on Oct 1st that isn't tied explicitly to Shadowkeep. Anything in italics is hidden stuff that rewards an exotic weapon. Anything that is a link is the loot table for the activity or the actual reward to the quest chain. Things are largely ordered in the order they released in game with a couple of exceptions. I might have missed one or two things, but that is the vast majority of the major things worth doing in the game not including anything involving Shadowkeep. I did not list every available activity, but there are several of those. If a quest chain is required to unlock an activity the quest chain has been underlined. You aren't really prompted to do activities outside their respective quest chains, so the game won't be flashing at you to do them. By doing the above the game will show you every activity available in the game.

Final Words
Firstly I'd like to say a HUGE thanks to the following members for their contributions to the OT, DestinyEra as a community or both. In no particular order

Ruthless
EmptySpace
Strakt <- Seriously
JohnOfMars
ImperatorPat

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry.

Shadowkeep marks the 3rd year of Destiny 2, My 4th Destiny OT and my 6th year as a fan of the series. It's no secret that Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 have had ups and downs but looking back over the past year it seems than since Warmind Destiny 2 has been on a steady and slow at times uphill climb. The community has been vocal about its likes and dislikes and Bungie genuinly seem to listen and care. October 1st is a big culmative day of F2P launching and a new expansion and the start of a renewed push and drive by bungie to create the best living Action MMO possible and for the future is looking bright.

A year ago in the Forsaken OT I wrote
As a community we know Destiny 2 isn't Era's favourite game and we are fully anticipating heavy doses of Spicy hot takes and sodium. If possible I'd like to suggest posters prior to posting just think to them selves "does this comment add anything to a discussion or will it just derail a thread"

While that might still remain somewhat true I genuinly feel Forsaken did a lot to pave new ground and turn around the general reception of the series, Looking back it might have truly been The Taken King for Destiny 2 but unlike Rise of Iron which served as a dessert to the Destiny 1 experience Shadowkeep looks to be a substanial entremet that bridges D2 into the future. That said please keep in mind my request from the quoted above. The intent is not to stiffle conversation but to stem and reduce derailment and unpleasent discourse.

If you want to be part of the community I mentioned we have multiple clans, a very active discord with players on all platforms which you can join by tagging @Ruthless and frequent news and community threads.

The Destiny community hope you will join us as a New Lighter or in any other capacity as we experience what comes in Shadowkeep and Beyond.

From all of DestinyEra "Eyes up Guardian"
djvPNNR.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is up half a week before Shadowkeeps launch.

It's intended to replace the Forsaken OT3 and give players the opportunity to preload shadowkeep on their preferred platform prior to the Launch of Shadowkeep on Oct 1st.

I either excluded or glossed over many of the more intricate details of Shadowkeep and New Light because we currently do not have enough detail on what they entail. If we do get those details and they prove necessary info I'll edit them in.

Thank you to Era, The Destiny Community and Bungie.

Last edited:

Soviet

Oct 28, 2017
I stopped with Destiny 2 right after vanilla, with Power level of 225 or something. I'm currently preloading the free version on Steam and I'm curious to see if all the changes will make my buy Shadowkeep.

Great thread work, Mr OP.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
So will the quest/progression/storyline system from TTK return? I have no idea why they removed that for D2. It made it so much harder to keep track of the different storylines etc.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crazy we are getting another new expansion and it's almost October. Where does the time go, felt just like yesterday D1 came out

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THE WIZARD CAME FROM THE MOON.

Extremely excited to return. Game of the generation for me.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
I recently celebrated in Destiny 2 by acquiring the last, 209th ghost shell variant available in the game. I think that put my total game time now definitely above 80 hours.

As for Shadowkeep, I really hope they fix the below average textures that have been plaguing the game since launch.

Clan Recruitment

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Kyuuji is putting together a new Clan recruiting thread for Shadowkeep with updated clan info on existing clans that are in place and/or recruiting currently.

If you would like to add your clan to the list Ruthless ImperatorPat @Gutz! (What is your Era name?) @xplicit (Era name?)for any of the platform, please post the below as requested in the existing thread:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...ent-info-thread-we-hunt-best-in-a-pack.11705/

Requested Info to be posted in the above thread:
If you own a clan and are part of the ResetERA community please consider opening your clan to some of the DestinyERA community so others may find a home and avenues through which to complete activities and enjoy some of the tougher aspects of the game.

Your clan need not be a 'DestinyERA clan' to post details, all are welcome if they wish to add some members to their fold. It's highly encouraged in fact, because speaking from experience it's only increased the enjoyment I've had from the game and the amount of people I can do so with.

Submit your clan:

Please include the details below as a post in the thread and tag me.
Feel free to expand on everything and add graphics, but try to have at least the minimum information:
  • Clan Name
  • Timezone(s)
  • Platform(s)
  • Bungie Link
  • Ethos

If you have a clan and want to recruit, please add your clan for the new thread.

Also, we may need volunteers to open new Era clans for f2p peeps on all platforms! Duties are not limited to, but include: sending and accepting clan invites for Era folks wanting to join; not a bad gig to be the boss.

If you are interested in starting up a new clan, please create clan and post up in the thread with the details, which could be a good place or f2p Guardians to meet up and play.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Probably gonna download the free 2 play version but not sure if I want to get shadowkeep yet (due to everything else I want to play).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It's insane to think that this is year six of Destiny as a whole. Really doesn't feel like it.

Really psyched for Shadowkeep and New Light (haven't made a Titan yet because I'm waiting to be able to be able to go back through that very first Cosmodrome mission). I hope a lot of new players get into the game.

Also, nice OT Stalker!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
God I'm so ready to jump back into Destiny.

Been off of it ever since Shadowbringers came out. Please let the campaign be good. And I want the Moon to be filled with secrets.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Fantastic OT well done :)

So ready to dive into this. Trying to force myself to take a break over this week from D2 so I can feel refreshed going into launch week and play it extensively.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready to dive back in. Nice OT, will help as I largely ignored anything after the initial Forsaken quest lines.

Jun 23, 2019
Jeez man, I haven't played this game seriously since the release of the Forsaken raid. It just feels like too much has passed by to get back into the game even though I'm interested in it.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez man, I haven't played this game seriously since the release of the Forsaken raid. It just feels like too much has passed by to get back into the game even though I'm interested in it.
Come back! Everyone's getting all their goodies bumped to current cap. It would be an AWESOME time to jump back in. Seasonal content means every 3 months new stuff is coming and old stuff is going which I think is a great way to keep the community focused. Join us!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT! I'm knee deep in BL3 right now still but I can't wait to get back to D2. Really glad they're boosting all gear to 750 because I have some friends who probably wouldn't hop back in otherwise.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
Just got the shipping notification for my Shadowkeep Collector's Edition. The hype is getting real. I'm ready to go back to the moon.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
That's why everyone/everything getting a level 750 boost is great for welcoming people back, and removing a few barriers that open up all the areas. Go for it.

Jun 23, 2019
That's why everyone/everything getting a level 750 boost is great for welcoming people back, and removing a few barriers that open up all the areas. Go for it.
Come back! Everyone's getting all their goodies bumped to current cap. It would be an AWESOME time to jump back in. Seasonal content means every 3 months new stuff is coming and old stuff is going which I think is a great way to keep the community focused. Join us!

I'm thinking about it. Maybe with everyone getting bumped to the current cap, it'll kinda reset the game for me. My only regret is never getting to do the old raids because nobody tries them anymore.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad the ot name wasnt "Eris Moon Is Haunted"

I AM IN. EYES UP GAURDIANS!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That stinging dissapointment when you don't get a shout out in the OT

24027086531_f85a78cb81_o.png

This was a joke, guys, top OT for a top game.

Last edited:

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm thinking about it. Maybe with everyone getting bumped to the current cap, it'll kinda reset the game for me. My only regret is never getting to do the old raids because nobody tries them anymore.
Not in my experience - have a look at the LFG discord's and the Bungie app - leviathan and the raid lairs are consistently being run all the time (granted not as much as Y2 and soon to be Y3 but there will still be many runs to be had and even more so with F2P)

Asian Oni

Oct 27, 2017
Keeping an eye on this thread, planning to get back into the game after burning out a little with the forges. Nice OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.