• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
After 950 you can only get drops from Pinnacle rewards. So far that only includes Raid + 100k NF. It is assumed there will be more sources as the season goes on (Dungeon, Iron Banner... Master Nightmare Hunts?)

You also need to hit 951 to get 952 drops, and so on. It's... a slog

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
After 950 you can only get drops from Pinnacle rewards. So far that only includes Raid + 100k NF. It is assumed there will be more sources as the season goes on (Dungeon, Iron Banner... Master Nightmare Hunts?)

Yeah, I'm happy enough to get to 950. The 960 grind I'll just let happen as it happens, won't really be pushing it. I'm sure ("I hope") eventually there will be plenty of pinnacle drop sources.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
From my understanding the cap level isnt supposed to be raising every season like last year.

The 950-960 is supposed to take a while.

That doesn't take away how much bullshit it is, I have the worst luck with that shit and generally get like multiple energy weapons in a row for example. Just last night. Prime engram Kinetic, Story mission drop, kinetic, Vex lord public event, Kinetic. All in the span of 10 mins.

Nov 14, 2017
I'm just saying that "sandbox" difficulty is artificial. I still would like to see an emphasis on mechanics, rather than enemies obliterating you in one shot. To this day, Spire of Stars was the most grueling day one/ week one raid experience. The enemies were just stupidly powerful. That's pretty much the reason why the first week completion count was so low.

Last Wish and especially Riven is the direction Bungie should follow. There was a power discrepancy, but it wasn't too punishing. And GoS definitely isn't bad. It's a good raid. Definitely better than Scourge and Crown.
Riven? The power discrepancy is the reason only 2 teams were able to clear on day 1.

I still feel there's too much artificial difficulty day 1 due to contest which is immediately removed come day 2 when the cap is removed. I'd like to see more of a gradual power progression through the season, with the raid only getting this easy much later in the season.
From my understanding the cap level isnt supposed to be raising every season like last year.

That doesn't take away how much bullshit it is, I have the worst luck with that shit and generally get like multiple energy weapons in a row for example. Just last night. Prime engram Kinetic, Story mission drop, kinetic, Vex lord public event, Kinetic. All in the span of 10 mins.
950 to 960 will still be done this season. Next season we are going above 1000 for real.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017

Reminds me of two nights ago. Played for 3 hours, got basically nowhere. First powerful item was 921 boots. I already had a 921 energy weapon, so this was clearly a nice drop. I proceeded to acquire 3 prime engrams and multiple powerful pieces via the nightfalls, vex offensive, and tower bounty completions the rest of the night. Literally every piece was either boots or another energy weapon, also 921. I was so damn bitter, lol.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I may just have to rethink things if they are going to raise cap every 2 and a half months.

Its getting really old, a year ago doing old things to level gear level.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Can someone explain what the drop strategy should be? I'm glad they labeled the different drops differently but its unclear how powerful they are.

As far as I know theres powerful gear (tier 1-3) and then pinnacle. Is Powerful Tier 1 just 1 above your level and so on?

Feb 4, 2018
Garden of Salvation LFG is a dumpster fire on Xbox. People are absolutely insane and I wish I could work on the last encounter with people who have just as much experience as I do. Like, let me work on this encounter with people who've also been in the encounter for five or so hours.

There's a massive skill gap between those who've only spent thirty minutes in it vs an hour vs three hours, which is true for most things in life but it blows getting into a group who's still making the same silly mistakes you were making three hours ago.

BAD!

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017

it sucks that they took away all the Y2 sources of slot-specific powerful gear. That being said, the fact that world drops can potentially come in at -0 now really helps to smooth that out. If you've got big differentials in one or more slots, it makes sense to NOT do powerful drop activities one right after the other, but instead run some other stuff first to let those lagging slots come up to your average.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain what the drop strategy should be? I'm glad they labeled the different drops differently but its unclear how powerful they are.

As far as I know theres powerful gear (tier 1-3) and then pinnacle. Is Powerful Tier 1 just 1 above your level and so on?

I don't know the definitions of Tiers, but 1 is the lowest so just go from there I guess. There's also a couple "hidden" power drops if you kill a couple Vex Overlords (the special hydra "boss") on the Moon during the Invasion Event

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Garden of Salvation LFG is a dumpster fire on Xbox. People are absolutely insane and I wish I could work on the last encounter with people who have just as much experience as I do. Like, let me work on this encounter with people who've also been in the encounter for five or so hours.

There's a massive skill gap between those who've only spent thirty minutes in it vs an hour vs three hours, which is true for most things in life but it blows getting into a group who's still making the same silly mistakes you were making three hours ago.

BAD!

Unfortunately it's always like this the early days of a Raid. I haven't dived in LFG as I had a group thankfully.

I'm waiting for the dust to settle because there's so many "strats" out there and now you have people who are trying to do that stupid "Cheese" for the first boss, when it's easier to just do the encounter normally.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umm... The eververse hunter armor fucking OWNS this season wtf.

Hope they sell enough of the set for dust. Is it even possible to get current bright engrams anymore?

Also another question, do the old raids still give powerful/pinnacle gear? Or is it only some of the new raids? What about Shattered Throne?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Hope they sell enough of the set for dust. Is it even possible to get current bright engrams anymore?

Also another question, do the old raids still give powerful/pinnacle gear? Or is it only some of the new raids? What about Shattered Throne?

Bright engrams only come from the season pass or buying them from Eververse with silver. All of it is just Y2 shit anyway.

Old shit doesn't drop powerfuls.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Bright Engrams are only old items now, they stopped doing "current" items. They want you to earn that bright dust or cough up the silver.

Old raids / content is useless for power drops, but you can still get relevant gear / mods / weapons from them all the same.

Hive Mods from Crown / Menagerie is worth hunting for, especially with all the content being around Hive enemies.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That regal looking eververse armor will be sold in pieces once per season for bright dust

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be some leaked cinematic going around on Reddit about the end of the Eris Morn questline involving
The Darkness Arriving.

We are so fucked. I'll spoiler it in case people dont want to see.

ninjamonkey26

Oct 30, 2017
I finally reached Fabled.

WrEzCZl.gif

Congrat fam, I been silently watching your journey and cheering you on. I'm below avg at pvp myself but I do want lunas and NF (not in the cards but absolutely love the gun model). Anyways, it's been an inspiration, and I'm going to try for real this season 👍🏾.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Armor that has colors that do not change upon applying a shader is bad armor. We do not wear such armor.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
How many tributes overall will I need to finally get Bad Juju? I'm just about the finish the first 3, but I know there'll be more than that.

Deleted member 58508

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 12, 2019
Jaded - do you have Mida multi tool for PvP? I broke mine back out of the vault and I can actually get kills with it....before I always get the enemy to 5% health and they kill me first. It feels pretty generous with auto aim on consoles and can beat almost anyone at range (only beaten by good players with snipers).

You'll have a bad time against shotgun rushing titans but that happens with any primary that's not a shotgun....

Random question on armour - I have an OG warlock helmet that has special ammo finder on it. Should I keep that tthen as new armour doesn't have the ammo finde perks any more?
Yeah. I used it and Jade Rabbit to do the final blows portion of Randy's Throwing Knife. I'm not really patient enough to continue that play style lol. And I feel like I could counter them...if I had a decent energy weapon, I want Mindbender's Ambition but since they changed the nightfalls and removed some modifiers I have no idea how to get 100K.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Congrat fam, I been silently watching your journey and cheering you on. I'm below avg at pvp myself but I do want lunas and NF (not in the cards but absolutely love the gun model). Anyways, it's been an inspiration, and I'm going to try for real this season 👍🏾.
Than you, guardian. I tried, I really did, but I didn't have time to dedicate under the old system.

The new system is not as punishing especially in the solo queue, and give praise to the traveller every day that countdown is gone from all our lives.

th

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I used it and Jade Rabbit to do the final blows portion of Randy's Throwing Knife. I'm not really patient enough to continue that play style lol. And I feel like I could counter them...if I had a decent energy weapon, I want Mindbender's Ambition but since they changed the nightfalls and removed some modifiers I have no idea how to get 100K.
I don't know what any of those weapons are :-) last time i heard about jade rabbit it was a PS4 scloosie for like 2 years in D1 :-)

If it helps - i was getting mapped by a "Jotunn" last night...i couldnt even figure out what it was, but assumed it was a fusion rifle with ridiculous range perks.

I was on the "tower" map, enemy in the central, heavy spawn, courtyard. I was down in the main area by the tree, but further away towards the back railing. Got one shot easy by that thing!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You could go primary slot energy and energy slot primary style if you have that mix.

Also other decent energy shotguns for pvp like: Good Bone Structure, Gunnora's Axe, Retold Tale, if you have any. Even without good perks the base shotguns will work.

Have you put any time into fusion rifles?

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn noobs can't do EP with them

lol hate to say it but it's true. The challenge used to be getting the item you want to drop. Now the challenge is even beating an EP. And all I need is one more (well and the Osprey).

its also harder for me to find Tier 3 blind wells or we get to the end through sheer force and no one knows how to beat the shields.
Or can't beat Forges. That said, I'm glad a lot of ppl are playing the game

Feb 21, 2019
Yeah, I hit 900 last night and seeing all the busy work to keep the ball rolling higher is a little daunting. I mean, I'll give it a go for a few weeks. Try and get higher to about 920/940(ish), but Im not banging my balls against the wall to keep pushing higher (especially if they up the cap again in a few months). Also, I kind of dislike the bounty system. I want to play the game like I want to. Not constantly be switch to my quests page to see how many arc shotgun kills I have in crucible or some strike. But, I guess some folks like the system.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Are y'all counting the bump to power too right? I have totally ignored how this pve levelling works so far, I'm only just thinking about trying the raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.