• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which also makes me wonder how Rasputin is going to react to the knowledge of the (shadowkeep first mission spoiler)
pyramid on the moon
. Like... I feel like Rasputin would go straight to "IM BLOWIN UP THE MOON NOW, AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!"
The seasons trailer makes it seem like we're going back to Rasputin so we will seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I'm saddened there's still no Hand Cannon, Auto Rifle, Scout Rifle or Sniper Rifle that matches some found in the original Destiny. Even though PvP mode has been fleshed out the gunplay feels half as good as Destiny (which is crazy because compared to it's peers, Destiny 2 is still peerless). As such I'm not as enthused to play PvP anyore, the main reason to play Destiny 2.

: (

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, this community is hell bent on ruining every mystery, intrigue and mystique this game has.

All for what? E-clout?

Cut this shit out.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm saddened there's still no Hand Cannon, Auto Rifle, Scout Rifle or Sniper Rifle that matches some found in the original Destiny. Even though PvP mode has been fleshed out the gunplay feels half as good as Destiny (which is crazy because compared to it's peers, it's still peerless). As such I'm not as enthused to play PvP anyore, the main reason to play Destiny 2.

: (
What do you mean by matched?

Luna's Howl, Austringer, Spare Rations, Waking Vigil... there are so many good legendary HCs. Thorn and TWL are nostalgic as hell, Ace of Spades is amazing...

And Revoker, Beloved, Twilight Oath, Supremacy...

You really can't find something you love amongst all this?

Man, this community is hell bent on ruining every mystery, intrigue and mystique this game has.

All for what? E-clout?

Cut this shit out.
Wait, what, who is doing this?

People discussing lore in general?

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately it's always like this the early days of a Raid. I haven't dived in LFG as I had a group thankfully.

I'm waiting for the dust to settle because there's so many "strats" out there and now you have people who are trying to do that stupid "Cheese" for the first boss, when it's easier to just do the encounter normally.

is it a lot easier now? I'm mid 940's now but first day if I wasnt ready to instakill the cyclopses they'd oneshot one of us in that starting area.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean, you can't just drop a bomb like this and bail, you lil shit.

Explain.
It was a reference to Landford's post. (Not sure of its validity however)

The community data-miners have form for this, Uldren's cut-scene was leaked weeks in advance same as the quest dialogue and steps for hidden missions.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
is it a lot easier now? I'm mid 940's now but first day if I wasnt ready to instakill the cyclopses they'd oneshot one of us in that starting area.

With Contest off the raid is much easier. You still have to learn the encounters, but once you do it's not difficult at all imo. Just like any other raid.

The final boss does have framerate issue on console, but it only happens sparingly. Annoying when it does though

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
With Contest off the raid is much easier. You still have to learn the encounters, but once you do it's not difficult at all imo. Just like any other raid.

The final boss does have framerate issue on console, but it only happens sparingly. Annoying when it does though

alright cool, I just need to be able to take more hits, it doesn't seem too complex at least at first. Looks like it just builds on the one mechanic like CoS. hopefully I can give getting Divinity a shot this weekend but idk with how LFG is lol

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never seen a person here ruin any lore stuff personally.
To be fair, Destiny lore is kinda wacky and seems to change a lot so...

For instance, in the new lore books did you know that Ghaul initially tried to harness the darkness but was driven away by it. He refused to admit he failed so he took to assaulting the traveler because harnessing the light was the only way him and his people could stand a chance against the darkness.

Or that the vex are a construct created by a civilization that the darkness once destroyed. They are meant to continue to manipulate time to find a way to defeat the darkness.

The hive worm gods have had an alliance with the darkness for a long time, ensuring that they stay in their hive dimension. This all got ruined once Oryx betrayed them to learn how to "take" which is a darkness based ability. There is now an uneasy alliance between the vex and the taken to use hive magic and time travel to grow more powerful.

There is also a group of human scientists that preserved themselves in a time bubble hidden in another dimension. This happened during the collapse when they feared the end was nigh. There are some strong suggestions that the vex and black garden are involved in this in some way. Their goal was to study the nature of the darkness in safety to find a way to defeat them.

Did you also know that I made all this up?

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
What do you mean by matched?

Luna's Howl, Austringer, Spare Rations, Waking Vigil... there are so many good legendary HCs. Thorn and TWL are nostalgic as hell, Ace of Spades is amazing...

And Revoker, Beloved, Twilight Oath, Supremacy...

You really can't find something you love amongst all this?
Hmmm...I haven't got all of them yet, nor have I bought Foresaken or ShadowKeep.

I mean make me feel as powerful. The Devil You Know, The Devil You Don't and Eyasluna, for instance. I preferred these to the Exotics.

I think it's the way perks work in Destiny 2. For instance I never needed to change my Vanguard Scout Rifle A.1F19X-RYL because it rolled with Firefly. If I'm not mistaken Dragonfly doesn't feel the same. I've have a couple of Scout Rifles with Dragonfly and each hit feels weaker than in Destiny.

It's just not the same feeling.

However, I've just read about a Dragonfly spec from Ada-2. I have no idea how this works so I'm going to look in to it later this evening. Maybe that has the answer.

Deleted member 58508

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 12, 2019
I don't know what any of those weapons are :-) last time i heard about jade rabbit it was a PS4 scloosie for like 2 years in D1 :-)

If it helps - i was getting mapped by a "Jotunn" last night...i couldnt even figure out what it was, but assumed it was a fusion rifle with ridiculous range perks.

I was on the "tower" map, enemy in the central, heavy spawn, courtyard. I was down in the main area by the tree, but further away towards the back railing. Got one shot easy by that thing!
Randy's Throwing Knife is the pinnacle—uh I mean "ritual" crucible weapon for this season. Mindbender's Ambition is an aggressive frame shotgun that can get some pretty good rolls on it. And Jotunn is a heat seeking fireball of death that claims to be a fusion rifle.
You could go primary slot energy and energy slot primary style if you have that mix.

Also other decent energy shotguns for pvp like: Good Bone Structure, Gunnora's Axe, Retold Tale, if you have any. Even without good perks the base shotguns will work.

Have you put any time into fusion rifles?
Outside of the Chaperone, I'm no good with precision frame shotguns. I've had a few god rolled Dust Rock Blues that I dismantled after a playing some matches with it, they don't click with me. Fusions either.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know that now. My point still stands, people live leaking shit and mining every morsel of info.

The last surprise we got in the game was whisper and shattered throne.

but I need to see what Ikora's building right now and what it unlocks and what it rewards me and any lore and cutscenes and dialogue associated with it.

also destiny needs more mystery, I feel like I know what's happening all season!

/s

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yeah, I know that now. My point still stands, people live leaking shit and mining every morsel of info.

The last surprise we got in the game was whisper and shattered throne.
Oh I agree. Datamining is horrible. Like the day the Divinity quest was officially unlocked I talked about it in Discord and people had seen the necessary steps and how many there are like, days in advance.
It really really sucks.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Also, I just learned that Peter Jessop voices the Exo Male. Would make that last cutscene of Shadowkeep more intimidating if he tried sounding like this again:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh I agree. Datamining is horrible. Like the day the Divinity quest was officially unlocked I talked about it in Discord and people had seen the necessary steps and how many there are like, days in advance.
It really really sucks.
but I need to see what Ikora's building right now and what it unlocks and what it rewards me and any lore and cutscenes and dialogue associated with it.

also destiny needs more mystery, I feel like I know what's happening all season!

/s

Whatsap guys! Houndish Here!!!

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm...I haven't got all of them yet, nor have I bought Foresaken or ShadowKeep.

I mean make me feel as powerful. The Devil You Know, The Devil You Don't and Eyasluna, for instance. I preferred these to the Exotics.

I think it's the way perks work in Destiny 2. For instance I never needed to change my Vanguard Scout Rifle A.1F19X-RYL because it rolled with Firefly. If I'm not mistaken Dragonfly doesn't feel the same. I've have a couple of Scout Rifles with Dragonfly and each hit feels weaker than in Destiny.

However, I've just read about a Dragonfly spec from Ada-2. I have no idea how this works so I'm going to look in to it later this evening. Maybe that has the answer.
Spare Rations is better than all of those hand cannons

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the Chaperone, I'm no good with precision frame shotguns. I've had a few god rolled Dust Rock Blues that I dismantled after a playing some matches with it, they don't click with me. Fusions either.

You should try the best secret secondary that's actually a primary: Fighting Lion. Unleash the beast!

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Question for a New Light noob.
I'm at 906 light level (or thereabouts), getting there by doing the original campaign, Curse Of Osiris, Warmind, and some strikes and activities. I think I'll end up getting Forsaken, at the least, as consensus seems to be that it's the best expansion. But here's the question:
Is there an order that's better to go about my quests? Should I do Forsaken before all of the "Discover this world," random quests? Or is it better to get my power level high through random activities and then take on Forsaken? Or is there no real difference?
Thanks!

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada

Part of it is that at the same RPM you have to be more precise with your weapons to get a kill in PvP— 3c instead of 1c2b on a 140 (Eyasluna vs Better Devils). Some of it is the sound and art design— I really dislike the "Tower" hand cannon design used for Better Devils and Service Revolver (and other reskins in Y1). Having Austringer come back with the Menagerie really made me happy even if it's uglier than Eyasluna.

No, but there are different good feelings to be had. I had the same feelings about some of the things we lost going from D1 to D2, but it's been OK.

Yeah, I think Dragonfly spec is even better than firefly was, but it's been a while. Ace of Spades has real firefly, and Sunshot has a fantastic version that doesn't even require precision kills and then chains the explosions.

Oct 27, 2017

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the dragonfly mod isn't a significant enough boost to the perk to replicate firefly. If you miss it that much, just use Ace of Spades all the time.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Gawd, soloing Hollowed Lair is such a pain in the ass but challenging at teh same time. Why did Bungie removed positive modifiers, it would make soloing the hallowed lair much faster for me.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Well, damn. Hope you manage to get a good Mindbender's. I have one with slideshot/quickdraw and it's pretty nasty.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dragonfly is garbo compared to firefly. It's a mere convenience to have rather than being something substantially effective as it was in D1. I get why it got nerfed, but still, poopy butt.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Garden of Salvation LFG is a dumpster fire on Xbox. People are absolutely insane and I wish I could work on the last encounter with people who have just as much experience as I do. Like, let me work on this encounter with people who've also been in the encounter for five or so hours.

There's a massive skill gap between those who've only spent thirty minutes in it vs an hour vs three hours, which is true for most things in life but it blows getting into a group who's still making the same silly mistakes you were making three hours ago.

BAD!

And yet people still insist on matchmaking *snicker*

(Seriously, it's a mind numbingly stupid debate)

Raid Report changed everything. Took all the guess work and anxiety out wondering if that random guy from LFG was a pro or potato.

However, you gotta worry about checkpoint farmers too. Those with inflated numbers and high completion rates. They might master the last boss, but can't do the rest of the damn raid, even if their lives depended on it. Hence why you gotta look at full clears.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, Destiny lore is kinda wacky and seems to change a lot so...

For instance, in the new lore books did you know that Ghaul initially tried to harness the darkness but was driven away by it. He refused to admit he failed so he took to assaulting the traveler because harnessing the light was the only way him and his people could stand a chance against the darkness.

Or that the vex are a construct created by a civilization that the darkness once destroyed. They are meant to continue to manipulate time to find a way to defeat the darkness.

The hive worm gods have had an alliance with the darkness for a long time, ensuring that they stay in their hive dimension. This all got ruined once Oryx betrayed them to learn how to "take" which is a darkness based ability. There is now an uneasy alliance between the vex and the taken to use hive magic and time travel to grow more powerful.

There is also a group of human scientists that preserved themselves in a time bubble hidden in another dimension. This happened during the collapse when they feared the end was nigh. There are some strong suggestions that the vex and black garden are involved in this in some way. Their goal was to study the nature of the darkness in safety to find a way to defeat them.

Did you also know that I made all this up?

As someone who as literally read everything except for the new Darkness lore book, you got me there for a second lol

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
So far I am loving the moon and the new content. I still feel a little bit overwhelmed with the Armor 2.0 changes but I am not worrying about it much until I get a little higher LL (just past 910 this week on my Titan main). I was feeling pretty starved of armor mods until I dumped a bunch of tokens on Zavala and the Gunsmith and that helped some but I'm still missing some of what I consider to be the basics.

I still have a ton of weapon parts but I'm holding them til I power up a bit. Feels like I have a bunch of stuff to do, especially if I want to do all of the possible powerful rewards for the week. For a guy with a family and a full time job + social commitments there is more here to do than I can get done in a week unless I want to give up on sleeping. Thus far, I am well satisfied with this expansion.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am sorry for the pain and suffering my joke has caused. I will refrain from doing it again.
But whether we wanted or not (Alright, I'll stop.)

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
It was a reference to Landford's post. (Not sure of its validity however)

The community data-miners have form for this, Uldren's cut-scene was leaked weeks in advance same as the quest dialogue and steps for hidden missions.

Ah, gotcha lol

And definitely gonna have to consent on every point made against data mining. I remember I was (unfortunately) robbed of that Forsaken Uldren surprise while casually reading / surfing Reddit during lunch break.

Eventhough, I wasn't too upset about it, seeing as how Forsaken flat out has been the best storytelling and character development content Bungie has put out for Destiny thus far, it sucks to be robbed the opportunity to be more immersed by the story-telling contents of Destiny if you're a player that likes the lore and story bits of Destiny and crave for more of that shit.

Especially when we're living in a timeline where Bungie is actually putting out very solid single player content (Lord's of Iron and Forsaken DLC) when they're not inundated by strict deadlines (Activision) or like currently... heavy content schedules... and actually have the time to breathe and create something coherent and special for single player.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
DIM still not showing perks is seriously hurting my vault-managing routine at work.

my vault is exploding with these Vex offensive weapons, but I'm too lazy to go through them while I'm playing lol

god bless DIM.

but I do have a (crappy) laptop and cross save is a thing....mmmmmmmmm.....

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I spent a good 3 hours last night on the last encounter of Garden of Salvation but we just couldn't make it happen. I really hope I can find five people to sherpa me through this last checkpoint on PC.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
I'm at 906 light level (or thereabouts), getting there by doing the original campaign, Curse Of Osiris, Warmind, and some strikes and activities. I think I'll end up getting Forsaken, at the least, as consensus seems to be that it's the best expansion. But here's the question:
Is there an order that's better to go about my quests? Should I do Forsaken before all of the "Discover this world," random quests? Or is it better to get my power level high through random activities and then take on Forsaken? Or is there no real difference?
Thanks!

Bumping this because I am in the same boat although I own Forsaken/Shadowkeep.

Deleted member 2152

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!
I'm not exactly sure how the leveling works for New Light players, but unless you're in an absolute rush to get to the raid content (if you decide to purchase it) there's no reason to optimize your leveling process like that, you'll be fine playing either way.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
We just about done!

AYYuTyt.jpg

toCiEK6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.