• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Damnit I just posted a question in the "D2 is the best it's ever been thread" instead of here.

can anyone help with a simple question?

I own D2 through Forsaken on PS4, and don't ya e it on PC.
What do I need to buy to have the full package on PC? Steam shows Shadowkeep as $35 and Forsaken as $25 - is it really going to cost 70 bucks to get all that on PC?!

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
So I've seen loads of Titans walking around with 2.0 versions of the Phoenix Strife Type 0 armor on (Y1 crucible armor), is it dropping from the crucible again or do you get it from somewhere else? Only started playing during Forsaken so I missed my chance the first time around.

Tried googling it but not had any luck.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm not exactly sure how the leveling works for New Light players, but unless you're in an absolute rush to get to the raid content (if you decide to purchase it) there's no reason to optimize your leveling process like that, you'll be fine playing either way.
Thanks - I guess the question is more, like...does Forsaken drop a bunch of great Legendaries/Exotics/will they drop at 900, or whatever level I'm currently at? Basically, if I get to say 950, would quest items from that expansion drop at 950? Sorry if I'm over-explaining, Destiny 2 seems even more complicated to me than Division 2, and I'm someone who has played thousands of hours of those games/min maxing. Just confused by the progression in Destiny 2.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
So I've seen loads of Titans walking around with 2.0 versions of the Phoenix Strife Type 0 armor on (Y1 crucible armor), is it dropping from the crucible again or do you get it from somewhere else? Only started playing during Forsaken so I missed my chance the first time around.

Tried googling it but not had any luck.
Shaxx and Zavala have the year 1 sets this season, yeah

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
Damnit I just posted a question in the "D2 is the best it's ever been thread" instead of here.

What do I need to buy to have the full package on PC? Steam shows Shadowkeep as $35 and Forsaken as $25 - is it really going to cost 70 bucks to get all that on PC?!
Unfortunately you'd have to buy both, but you could get shadowkeep and hold off for a potential Forsaken sale, as it isn't required to play Shadowkeep, and you're not worried about waiting to obtain exotics tied to it.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
is this a good time to jump back in? I played a bunch at launch but kinda died off after that. Should I start a new character or just keep going, how much has changed in this time?

Oct 29, 2017
is this a good time to jump back in? I played a bunch at launch but kinda died off after that. Should I start a new character or just keep going, how much has changed in this time?

If you have an existing character, that character has been moved up to 750 light level as well as all of your gear. But if it's been 2 years, you might enjoy starting fresh and jumping in with the New Light D1 opening mission.

There's probably never been a better time to jump in :)

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017

Unfortunately, the answer is yes.

Deleted member 2152

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks - I guess the question is more, like...does Forsaken drop a bunch of great Legendaries/Exotics/will they drop at 900, or whatever level I'm currently at? Basically, if I get to say 950, would quest items from that expansion drop at 950? Sorry if I'm over-explaining, Destiny 2 seems even more complicated to me than Division 2, and I'm someone who has played thousands of hours of those games/min maxing. Just confused by the progression in Destiny 2.
With the release of New Light, the quest rewards are probably capped at 900, the armor/weapon drops and prime engrams you get from simply playing will be what increase your levels and those are content agnostic for the most part. I promise you it's not really worth worrying about, you should just play whatever content you're most interested in. The light level numbers will all be meaningless in a year (potentially months based on their roadmap, I can't recall), so even if you did try to maximize your drops you'll have to re-earn or infuse them when the cap increases anyway.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama

Do you really need to play the Forsaken campaign?

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
PVP on PC is so boring when everyone just uses meta weapons. Thank God you don't have to win to get rewards

I mean, that's the state of PvP in general. It's dominated by the same dozen-ish weapons (not to mention exotic armor). All that either 1 hit kill, or have insane TTKs of .6 or less. Top that off with the fact that all these TTK changes were supposed to promote less team shooting, but is just as prevalent now as it was in year 1.
So you are getting insta-melted where ever you go (unless you are a PvP god, which only a small percentage of the population is), whether you are team shooting back or not.

But hey, like you said, at least you still get rewards. It's just stale/boring. I wanna push for my Not Forgotten and just be done with it until more fixes goes through, I hope.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Every time Strakt posts a postive article on Destiny it's like clockwork I swear lmao

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Every time Strakt posts a postive article on Destiny it's like clockwork I swear lmao
There are a lot of people who haven't even played, people who haven't played since vanilla, and people who expect curated single player despite Bungie moving away from that.

Too many who don't get how the seasonal content drop is PART of the SK buy-in.

Madness all-round.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Destiny threads are the epitome of 'Ah shit here we go again'. This game has hurt a lot of people apparently.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I actually tried Division 2's raid matchmaking and it worked well (it's basically a heavily nerfed raid with not as much emphasis on the mechanics and you don't get actual raid loot). But I still had to watch video / read up on how to do the raid first.

I'm not sure how you could apply that to Destiny's raids, but I'd be curious!

Oct 29, 2017
I actually tried Division 2's raid matchmaking and it worked well (it's basically a heavily nerfed raid with not as much emphasis on the mechanics and you don't get actual raid loot). But I still had to watch video / read up on how to do the raid first.

If Bungie could make it work, definitely. I mainly play solo so I wouldn't be against it if implemented well!

I'm stoked to try this solo queue comp playlist, I tried solo queue-ing last season for Recluse but absolutely gave up lol

astro

Oct 25, 2017

So it's not a real raid... it's more like Menagerie and Offensive. And Bungie specifically want the raid to be the experience it is.

They should add an LFG system in-game, that would get many more players involved and would work around the inherent issues with MM..

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's about to get sweatier in Comp. Thankfully you should now get similarly ranked players on your team

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What needs to be implemented:

1. In-game LFG

2. Matchmaking, I guess, whatever. Eat my ass or something.

3. Matchmaking for people who use Dan. I trust my Dans. We're all one in the same. Like a giant meatball of flesh, rolling around with a deeper understanding and connection with one another than any living organism. We are Dan. We are one. Now you ought to imagine a lot of squishy sounds by the time you get to the end of this, because that's what the meatball of flesh sounds like.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
Always been hoping they'd take a page from other mmos and have a low tier, matchmade raid.

Alliance and Normal raids vs Savage raids in FFXIV specifically. Matchmaking, less mechanic complexity, and ultimately less rewarding, yet still a great experience.

Destiny raids are very unique in design comparatively, but I think Menagerie (and now Ordeal nightfalls) show some mechanics can be handled by the general population. Could be a great way to let the average player see the great environments and bosses of the raids most won't see otherwise. (Not that raids in their current state should change, mind you)

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
With the release of New Light, the quest rewards are probably capped at 900, the armor/weapon drops and prime engrams you get from simply playing will be what increase your levels and those are content agnostic for the most part. I promise you it's not really worth worrying about, you should just play whatever content you're most interested in. The light level numbers will all be meaningless in a year (potentially months based on their roadmap, I can't recall), so even if you did try to maximize your drops you'll have to re-earn or infuse them when the cap increases anyway.
Thank you!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The comp mm changes sound better, even teams will make games more consistent and you will still be able to get good luck runs with a great focused team vs unfocused etc...

Always been hoping they'd take a page from other mmos and have a low tier, matchmade raid.

Alliance and Normal raids vs Savage raids in FFXIV specifically. Matchmaking, less mechanic complexity, and ultimately less rewarding, yet still a great experience.

Destiny raids are very unique in design comparatively, but I think Menagerie (and now Ordeal nightfalls) show some mechanics can be handled by the general population. Could be a great way to let the average player see the great environments and bosses of the raids most won't see otherwise. (Not that raids in their current state should change, mind you)
That's what activities like Menagerie and Offensive are, really. They would need to be that dumbed down with no fail states for random matchmaking.

And Bungie want raids to be a specific thing, they already give people who want easier rides with randoms the content that MM raids would need to be.

Raiding in this game is unlike everything else and the unique experience it is BECAUSE of the fact you need the communication you do.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We just about done!

AYYuTyt.jpg
wha... how...

That post seems to suggest that getting to 960 is impossible. Here we have a 963 :P

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
What needs to be implemented:

1. In-game LFG

2. Matchmaking, I guess, whatever. Eat my ass or something.

3. Matchmaking for people who use Dan. I trust my Dans. We're all one in the same. Like a giant meatball of flesh, rolling around with a deeper understanding and connection with one another than any living organism. We are Dan. We are one. Now you ought to imagine a lot of squishy sounds by the time you get to the end of this, because that's what the meatball of flesh sounds like.

Yes, I want Bungie to add MM to raids immediately. I have changed my mind. I want to watch streams of people running raids through MM.

Bungie, please listen to my request. I want to be entertained!

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
The comp mm changes sound better, even teams will make games more consistent and you will still be able to get good luck runs with a great focused team vs unfocused etc...

That's what activities like Menagerie and Offensive are, really. They would need to be that dumbed down with no fail states for random matchmaking.

And Bungie want raids to be a specific thing, they already give people who want easier rides with randoms the content that MM raids would need to be.

Raiding in this game is unlike everything else and the unique experience it is BECAUSE of the fact you need the communication you do.
Look, I agree that raids are unique. Its great content, as are the alternatives like Menagerie, but they aren't 'the raid'. Its psychological, in a way. It's just a shame that thos is environments, bosses, etc won't be seen by a large swathe of the population. Other MMOs offer LFR experiences, I'm just saying I wouldn't mind if bungie did; I'd get to bring my casual friends along.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you have an existing character, that character has been moved up to 750 light level as well as all of your gear. But if it's been 2 years, you might enjoy starting fresh and jumping in with the New Light D1 opening mission.

There's probably never been a better time to jump in :)

sweet.
i only purchased the base game on PS4. What add ons should I be purchasing now?

Nov 14, 2017
Look, I agree that raids are unique. Its great content, as are the alternatives like Menagerie, but they aren't 'the raid'. Its psychological, in a way. It's just a shame that thos is environments, bosses, etc won't be seen by a large swathe of the population. Other MMOs offer LFR experiences, I'm just saying I wouldn't mind if bungie did; I'd get to bring my casual friends along.
The current raids are actually already the easy version. There used to be hard mode raids, but Bungie stopped making them with Forsaken and even the D2Y1 'prestige' raids didn't add much. In fact, the prestige raid lairs had no new mechanics at all.

I think that most players would feel that if there are resources available to do different versions of the raids, it should be to bring back hard mode and not to add simplified LFR difficulty modes.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
And the raid cannot be what it isn't, a dumbed down version is not "the raid" either.

They need an in-game LFG sytem so they can keep the raids what they're supposed to be and offer players a way to find people in-game.

You can bring casual friends to the raid now, we do this ALL the time via the discord.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So i got forsaken last year and maybe played two missions total before i said im done with destiny. Well im looking to get back into d2, but i cant figure out how to do the next campaign mission for forsaken? I dont have any quests or anything for the reef

Oct 29, 2017
Is this the ultimate dad.

No dad of mine would already be 1019, that's a TURBO DAD

sweet.
i only purchased the base game on PS4. What add ons should I be purchasing now?

Well you'll have access to everything from Year 1 for free, and a lot of content from Year 2 and Shadowkeep as well (except for story missions and stuff). If you want to jump into the latest stuff, you'd just want to go ahead and purchase Shadowkeep ($35 for just Shadowkeep content and also the current seasonal content. $60 if you want all of that plus the next 3 seasons of content as well, which will release over the course of the year). Forsaken is last year's expansion which can also be purchased separately, I'm not sure how much that is currently though.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
The current raids are actually already the easy version. There used to be hard mode raids, but Bungie stopped making them with Forsaken and even the D2Y1 'prestige' raids didn't add much. In fact, the prestige raid lairs had no new mechanics at all.

I think that most players would feel that if there are resources available to do different versions of the raids, it should be to bring back hard mode and not to add simplified LFR difficulty modes.
I mean, hard modes returning would be great too. Saying 'It'd be cool to have LFR tier' doesn't mean I expect it to happen lol

If anything, bungie needs to implement the group finder from the app into the game. It seems like every time meet someone irl who plays, they have no idea it exists.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, hard modes returning would be great too. Saying 'It'd be cool to have LFR tier' doesn't mean I expect it to happen lol

If anything, bungie needs to implement the group finder from the app into the game. It seems like every time meet someone irl who plays, they have no idea it exists.
That tier doesn't need to exist, I promise you. Our community have sherpad casual players through the normal raid difficulties too often to count.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
And the raid cannot be what it isn't, a dumbed down version is not "the raid" either.

They need an in-game LFG sytem so they can keep the raids what they're supposed to be and offer players a way to find people in-game.

You can bring casual friends to the raid now, we do this ALL the time via the discord.
I didn't mean to offend you astro; the girls on my discord server have struggled with raids and I'd just like them to have a nice experience playing a game they like. Just pondering concepts from other games fam

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mean to offend you astro; the girls on my discord server have struggled with raids and I'd just like them to have a nice experience playing a game they like. Just pondering concepts from other games fam
I'm not offended, lol. We have taken those kinds of players through the raids. Once you're over levelled and you have a couple of good players who know it, it becomes the easy mode you're looking for. This is literally what we do on the discord.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to access the new tutorial (that D1 intro mission)? I have a friend who for some reason played the first intro mission on every class for some reason off of his Vanilla version that was free on PS Plus.

All you have coming out of that is a gun so he's like light level 211 lol. But even with claiming Amanda's quests he cant find it. And Im way past it so I dont know what the experience is like.

He cant damage a lot of enemies. Ive been getting him drops by clearing adds while hes present in the EDZ.

Nov 14, 2017

If they had LFR, normal, and hard mode then sure. I mean, I wouldn't complain about having more choices or anything.

Also very much agree on having in-game LFG, if only so I never have to see the 'yea but it's not in the game!' shitposts ever again.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm not offended, lol. We have taken those kinds of players through the raids. Once you're over levelled and you have a couple of good players who know it, it becomes the easy mode you're looking for. This is literally what we do on the discord.
I get it, like trust me I really understand your perspective on it. I have a server full of socially anxious people that want to raid together and have a very hard time doing so. There are absolutely great alternatives available, and I've pushed a few of them towards them. We just feel differently about it and that's okay <3

Status
Not open for further replies.