• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If they had LFR, normal, and hard mode then sure. I mean, I wouldn't complain about having more choices or anything.

Also very much agree on having in-game LFG, if only so I never have to see the 'yea but it's not in the game!' shitposts ever again.
LFR is resources taken though, and the raid is supposed to be what it is... and you can go back to older raids now and absolutely stomp the hell out of them. So it kind of exists already, and will once enough time passes for the new ones.

Is there a way to access the new tutorial? I have a friend who for some reason played the first intro mission on every class for some reason off of his Vanilla version that was free on PS Plus.

All you have coming out of that is a gun so he's like light level 211 lol. But even with claiming Amanda's quests he cant find it. And Im way past it so I dont know what the experience is like.

He cant damage a lot of enemies. Ive been getting him drops by clearing adds while hes present in the EDZ.
You have to make a new character I believe. Everyone starts at 750 now.... I don't understand how he could be 211?

Nov 14, 2017
Is there a way to access the new tutorial (that D1 intro mission)? I have a friend who for some reason played the first intro mission on every class for some reason off of his Vanilla version that was free on PS Plus.

All you have coming out of that is a gun so he's like light level 211 lol. But even with claiming Amanda's quests he cant find it. And Im way past it so I dont know what the experience is like.

He cant damage a lot of enemies. Ive been getting him drops by clearing adds while hes present in the EDZ.
That actually sounds like a bug. He should have been made 750 on the release of SK. Even if he lacked a gun for a slot, the average shouldn't include slots without guns.

Can he pull guns from collections?

LFR is resources taken though, and the raid is supposed to be what it is... and you can go back to older raids now and absolutely stomp the hell out of them. So it kind of exists already, and will once enough time passes for the new ones.

You have to make a new character I believe. Everyone starts at 750 now.... I don't understand how he could be 211?
Even for old raids you can't really go back and just stomp them with new players. The way power progression works in other MMOs is that eventually players get so OP they can even survive wipe mechanics and so basically just burn down bosses. That never really happens in Destiny; you always have to know the fight well enough to get to a damage phase.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I get it, like trust me I really understand your perspective on it. I have a server full of socially anxious people that want to raid together and have a very hard time doing so. There are absolutely great alternatives available, and I've pushed a few of them towards them. We just feel differently about it and that's okay <3
What about older raids that you can breeze through now we're over levelled, have your group tried running those?

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
That actually sounds like a bug. He should have been made 750 on the release of SK. Even if he lacked a gun for a slot, the average shouldn't include slots without guns.

Can he pull guns from collections?

This is what I thought too! I was like WTF are you talking about. Im trying to remember how the original intro in D2 was. I think all your gear is broken so it's at 0 but you pick up the gun. That gun is all he has and that was moved to 750. But everything else was still 0.

I asked him why he even did this and he was like "so I could just jump in after new light".

He has no other stuff to pull bc he weirdly did the intro and stopped after. I got him up to like 400ish off of drops but its weird he cant seem to activate or get that first quest that tells you what to do. He said he has no milestones...like apparently they tell you to talk to everyone in the tower?

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
What about older raids that you can breeze through now we're over levelled, have your group tried running those?
I've tried to get them through Levi on more than a few occasions but they struggle with a lot of mechanics. They've cleared the Gauntlet and Baths though, someday I'll get them through Dogs. Its a combo of communication and skill, there's usually a lot of deaths and that's wiped us more than once.

Hope to take them to EoW this weekend though, hopefully it's length makes it less frustrating

Nov 14, 2017
This is what I thought too! I was like WTF are you talking about. Im trying to remember how the original intro in D2 was. I think all your gear is broken so it's at 0 but you pick up the gun. That gun is all he has and that was moved to 750. But everything else was still 0.

I asked him why he even did this and he was like "so I could just jump in after new light".

He has no other stuff to pull bc he weirdly did the intro and stopped after. I got him up to like 400ish off of drops but its weird he cant seem to activate or get that first quest that tells you what to do. He said he has no milestones...like apparently they tell you to talk to everyone in the tower?
Honestly, it might just be best for him to delete a character and start fresh. That sounds super weird.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

This is from the ViDoc right? I like how the battle pass is not even half way yet the power is way beyond what anyone who finished the battle pass.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not understanding how PL being super soft capped at 950 is somehow broken, because artifact exists, and the common sentiment for years has been "PL doesn't matter."

Nov 14, 2017
I've tried to get them through Levi on more than a few occasions but they struggle with a lot of mechanics. They've cleared the Gauntlet and Baths though, someday I'll get them through Dogs. Its a combo of communication and skill, there's usually a lot of deaths and that's wiped us more than once.

Hope to take them to EoW this weekend though, hopefully it's length makes it less frustrating
Good luck with that. EoW isn't that bad on normal. If you want an extra sherpa, ask in the discord (pm Ruthless for an invite). We have great LFG for all three platforms!

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Are you on the discord? Planning a Prestige Leviathan run possibly next weekend if want in. Not sure if it will be PS4 or PC. Should be quick and easy.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

This is the problem.. Bungie stated this on release it was a bug.. If you had just made a character it would appear as PL0 and you need to delete and remake. So that's what they need to do. Pass over any gear to the vault, and remake and they'll be at 750.

How do you get it now? I got over 200K in Hollowed Lair before they changed how Nightfalls work.
I'm not sure how it works post-SK, sorry. Have you tried asking in the discord? I have my two rolls (pve and pvp) and have no need to farm it again.

Okay, thanks for explaining. I'm not absolutely against some kind of easier mode, I just don't think Bungie want to take away what the raid is supposed to be. I guess an easier mode without the rewards might work for just the experience, but then I think one of the main qualities of the raid is overcoming challenges and acquiring something for it... removing the challenge and the reward and turning into some sightseeing mode... I don't think that's what they want it to be.

If they did it I wouldn't speak up against it though, I just think the game caters to those kinds of players enough and I personally would rather invest in other places.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
If they did it I wouldn't speak up against it though, I just think the game caters to those kinds of players enough and I personally would rather invest in other places.
I do feel similar about bungie's resources. More dungeons/zero hour/whisper experiences are higher on my want list, and I don't expect we'd get LFR style raids anytime soon if ever, even if I wish they would.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Unfortunately you'd have to buy both, but you could get shadowkeep and hold off for a potential Forsaken sale, as it isn't required to play Shadowkeep, and you're not worried about waiting to obtain exotics tied to it.
Unfortunately, the answer is yes.
Do you really need to play the Forsaken campaign?

thanks everyone. I have no idea if I need to play forsaken I'm honestly not sure what is what. My character is like level 26, so I haven't even beaten the base campaign yet. If Shadowkeep is enough for now I'll just buy that and pick up forsaken down the road.

edit: maybe I should just play it on my PS4 Pro lol. I have it all except Shadowkeep there. I just wanted on PC due to being able to pump the graphics up and 60fps!

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
They are a great source of entertainment for me.

I come for the uninformed takes and I stay for nourishing salt.

I be like
1pnk5h.jpg

Well rope me into the people who bought forsaken last year played through Black forge and into season of the drifter and then stopped giving shit. Re-downloaded it, and am super confused now on what I need to do.

Zero info for anyone new or reoccurring. No intro on how some of changes are. Like I had to google the shit out some things. I think I'm just not that into destiny anymore and until they release something on par with Forsaken in terms of characters/story/lore and new enemy types I;ll leave it alone.

So go ahead and stay for the uniformed people who don't live/breathe this game. People like you make it hard for anyone to want to like this game with all it's shortcummings they have had throughout their 2 releases and this new-relaunch.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Exactly. You cant "breeze through" any raid regardless its age.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Since someone mentioned it earlier, I can't figure out how to trigger that story cut scene with Uldren. Do I need to do the Last Wish raid? Finish all the ascendent challenges? I've done Shattered Throne but that's about it for Dreaming City

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
Since someone mentioned it earlier, I can't figure out how to trigger that story cut scene with Uldren. Do I need to do the Last Wish raid? Finish all the ascendent challenges? I've done Shattered Throne but that's about it for Dreaming City
I don't know if its still viewable, but it should be a hologram inside the queens court, accessable during full curse week

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
I don't know if its still viewable, but it should be a hologram inside the queens court, accessable during full curse week
Ok got it, thanks. I haven't done the triumph for entering the queen's court yet either. I assume I enter one of the taken portals that pop up on full curse week and explore the interior of the castle thing?

Oct 29, 2017
Well rope me into the people who bought forsaken last year played through Black forge and into season of the drifter and then stopped giving shit. Re-downloaded it, and am super confused now on what I need to do.

Zero info for anyone new or reoccurring. No intro on how some of changes are. Like I had to google the shit out some things. I think I'm just not that into destiny anymore and until they release something on par with Forsaken in terms of characters/story/lore and new enemy types I;ll leave it alone.

So go ahead and stay for the uniformed people who don't live/breathe this game. People like you make it hard for anyone to want to like this game with all it's shortcummings they have had throughout their 2 releases and this new-relaunch.

Hey man, if ya played through Forsaken, Black Armory, and into season of the Drifter then it shouldn't be too hard to jump back in with Shadowkeep. You should be pretty used to the general flow of the game having played what you have. Go to the moon, do the story missions, check in with Eris and other NPCs, look for the yellow markers indicating quests/gear rewards, and increase your power level by grinding out gear. Patrols, public events, strikes, etc are all what you already have experienced.

I guess things like weapon sandbox updates can be confusing sure, but that shouldn't be frustrating enough to quit the game over. Not trying to like single you out or anything, and I'd encourage you to stick with the game and again just go into it the same way you did in Forsaken.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
Ok got it, thanks. I haven't done the triumph for entering the queen's court yet either. I assume I enter one of the taken portals that pop up on full curse week and explore the interior of the castle thing?
Oh, so complete Petra's bounty that grants the oracle offering, during full curse. It'll open the portal to the court at the oracle in the spine of keres. I forget what curse level we're currently on

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even sure you can view the scene anymore. The issue with the queen courts during Forsaken is that if you weren't "there" week 7(or 8 or 9) then you didn't see what happened that week and had to look on youtube.

They fixed this in later seasons (example being the Xur Bounties) so you could see "all" the scenes on your own time. It looks like Shadowkeep is going down the original path and having stuff happen in real time. "You had to be there" moments.

That said, you can watch this youtube to see what you missed.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
edit: maybe I should just play it on my PS4 Pro lol. I have it all except Shadowkeep there. I just wanted on PC due to being able to pump the graphics up and 60fps!

Set up cross-save with your PSN and Steam accounts and try the free game on Steam to see if you want to buy it there. FYI, your character is now level 50 and power level 750 (and you have to start the vanilla campaign over if you want to play it (from Amanda in the Hanger)). You can play Forsaken on PS4 and Shadowkeep on PC if you want.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Set up cross-save with your PSN and Steam accounts and try the free game on Steam to see if you want to buy it there. FYI, your character is now level 50 and power level 750 (and you have to start the vanilla campaign over if you want to play it (from Amanda in the Hanger)). You can play Forsaken on PS4 and Shadowkeep on PC if you want.

interesting I had no idea it was cross save and with PS4?! Guess they finally saw the light (pun intended). So my character I have now will be level 50 when I log on no matter what and my campaign progress wiped out? What how ?!

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why in the world is season pass weapons randomly rolled when in the season pass they're shown as having specific rolls?

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
So my character I have now will be level 50 when I log on no matter what and my campaign progress wiped out? What how ?!
They had warned that campaign progress would be lost but its tough to keep up with bungie communication so its a bit lame for folks in your position. That said, if you have no interest in the red war, you can move onto any campaign really. Osiris, Warmind, Forsaken, or Shadowkeep, without needing to complete any of them prior

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Raid MM wouldn't be that fun to watch.

It would just be people quitting trying to roll into a better group.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
I'm not even sure you can view the scene anymore. The issue with the queen courts during Forsaken is that if you weren't "there" week 7(or 8 or 9) then you didn't see what happened that week and had to look on youtube.

They fixed this in later seasons (example being the Xur Bounties) so you could see "all" the scenes on your own time. It looks like Shadowkeep is going down the original path and having stuff happen in real time. "You had to be there" moments.

That said, you can watch this youtube to see what you missed.

Wow I really missed a lot! I hope they add a way to "unlock" these similar to how you can use Xur bounties for the Nine stuff. Thanks for the link

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Mountaintop is finally mine. To all of you who it legit I say congrats. That gun was a pain in the ass to get holy shit.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
They had warned that campaign progress would be lost but its tough to keep up with bungie communication so its a bit lame for folks in your position. That said, if you have no interest in the red war, you can move onto any campaign really. Osiris, Warmind, Forsaken, or Shadowkeep, without needing to complete any of them prior
Wow!!
I'd really like to play through all the content honestly. After I try the free version to see if I want to buy on PC, should I just buy Forsaken right now since it came out before and then get Shadowkeep later?
I love single player stuff so I want to do all the things lol. I'm fine grouping etc but uhh I don't have friends online who play games so I'm D2 I was always by myself or helping in those events that pop up everywhere

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Hey man, if ya played through Forsaken, Black Armory, and into season of the Drifter then it shouldn't be too hard to jump back in with Shadowkeep. You should be pretty used to the general flow of the game having played what you have. Go to the moon, do the story missions, check in with Eris and other NPCs, look for the yellow markers indicating quests/gear rewards, and increase your power level by grinding out gear. Patrols, public events, strikes, etc are all what you already have experienced.

I guess things like weapon sandbox updates can be confusing sure, but that shouldn't be frustrating enough to quit the game over. Not trying to like single you out or anything, and I'd encourage you to stick with the game and again just go into it the same way you did in Forsaken.

Well I was basically pushing myself to do black armory and I only did a couple of forges, and started some stuff for drifter. ANd then I just got sick of the bullshit that is destiny tbh.

The way armor works, like I have not played for over 6+ months and was trying to figure out what was going on, and nothing is explained in terms of all my old armor/guns and how i can still infuse them or can't?

WeteHa

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I still feel like some enemies in gambit (prime) do more damage than they should. Every once in a while you just get instantly deleted by a random red or orange bar enemy. A single darkness blast from a captain blocker killed me through a rock at full health.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The only high impact auto with demolitionist and it's the one I never got from Crown. Lord god damn it all, strike me down and end my suffering. Why have I been forsaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.