• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
There are some modifiers that prevent normal healing, you have to get an item from the ground to start your healing back. Its a small mote of light.
OK cheers - been out of it for awhile so don't know what the modifiers are called or do any more - I'll do a bit more research on it before I go in again, given I'll be part of a team.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Rock and a hard place,

make players powerful, and trivialize the content.
It should at least be more powerful than legendary LMGs imo. I'm really curious was the average damage output is compared to the average damage output of a legendary LMG. It looks like it'll probably be super close. Yea it deals more per bullet, but it also has a super small mag and super slow rate of fire with no crit chance.

It really doesn't have much to make it stand out besides no damage falloff/really good range. Which I mean who would want to use that over something like a sniper at far distances. I'm just not sure what this Exotic was intended for. Killing Nightmares or barrier enemies?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I've paid not attention to this as I said.

Is Horror Story back?

Going to spend tonight catching up!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It should at least be more powerful than legendary LMGs imo. I'm really curious was the average damage output is compared to the average damage output of a legendary LMG. It looks like it'll probably be super close. Yea it deals more per bullet, but it also has a super small mag and super slow rate of fire with no crit chance.

It really doesn't have much to make it stand out besides no damage falloff/really good range. Which I mean who would want to use that over something like a sniper at far distances. I'm just not sure what this Exotic was intended for. Killing Nightmares or barrier enemies?
I agree, but from my reading of the specs before release the Xeno it read like it would be broken. And according to the morons on reddit, something has either been changed from the Pax build or its bugged lol

Oct 29, 2017
I've paid not attention to this as I said.

Is Horror Story back?

Going to spend tonight catching up!

Horror Story is not, but a new version of the Braytech Winterwolf is and it looks really cool. The Braytech Werewolf. You can also start getting it with random rolls during the event, as well. You can view it in Eva's inventory.

Is default healing turned off in Halloween forest thingy? I wasn't really paying attention but a few times my health didn't come back. I was using healing rift so that healed me quite often and meant I couldn't tell what was going on.

EDIT - also I'm at a cross roads. Do I use some time to grind out the last 7% wins I need for recluse....or do I use the time I've got to try and get 150 chocolate coins and get all the hats for the Auto Rifle?

I could do both, and get 4 coins per match in crucible, but I'll never get enough coins that way. I think I have to do bounties and chocolate coins in the forest.

Double edit - I seem to have been sucked back into Destiny after a 2 year break - i don't know why.

Personally I would suggest using your time towards the Festival of the Lost activities, since it's limited.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
My raid team finished the raid on Monday for the first time (took us a total of about 9 hours of play time over 2 weeks to clear it). Went in mostly blind and I really enjoyed it. First time I have done a raid where it wasn't with a Sherpa and we were figuring it out as we went. It is a good raid, though not King's fall or Last Wish good. really impressed with how Shadowkeep just keeps on giving us more stuff to do.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The dungeon is cool, like the mechanics involving the sword. Also like that there's no wipe mechanic for the final boss unlike Dul Incaru. Will try solo flawless sometime soon - no rush.

Tried to solve the Xenophage puzzles without a guide but after an hour I looked at solutions and felt even more dumber after seeing checkmate in 5 moves, lmao

There is a wipe mechanic. It's just silly and can be easily avoided.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Apologies for everyone who matched against me in Momentum Control. Grinding out Randy's Knife is a cakewalk with invis hunter. One tap with wallhack is just nasty.

Got around 50% kills in 2 and a half hours.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
so yesterday we did first GoS encounter+hidden chest and everybody in my clan got the exact same drop as last week from both. is this another bug on top of the loot drop bug? didn't proceed further but this is....odd...

only one who didn't was the lucky soul who encounter the loot bug and got a fart as a drop.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wont be able to do the Garden Raid until after my exam, I sure hope there will be people willing to help in early December.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Horror Story is not, but a new version of the Braytech Winterwolf is and it looks really cool. The Braytech Werewolf. You can also start getting it with random rolls during the event, as well. You can view it in Eva's inventory.

Personally I would suggest using your time towards the Festival of the Lost activities, since it's limited.
Ah yeh I saw that before. Just curious. I have HS on ps4, shame it's not available again for the collection.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Got the curated roll last night

20191030020110_1.jpg

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I cant seem to find a reliable answer anywhere so i figured i'd turn here. What power level do blues cap out at? I keep banking some for infusion fuel but then i keep getting more of them at higher power levels.

Im also a bit confused at how gear drops now. Is it based off the power level of your worn gear and total power -- or is it based off whatever you have in your inventory? Im literally drowning in blues and purples that are 1-2 levels higher but im wary of infusing everything and wasting materials.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I cant seem to find a reliable answer anywhere so i figured i'd turn here. What power level do blues cap out at? I keep banking some for infusion fuel but then i keep getting more of them at higher power levels.

Im also a bit confused at how gear drops now. Is it based off the power level of your worn gear and total power -- or is it based off whatever you have in your inventory? Im literally drowning in blues and purples that are 1-2 levels higher but im wary of infusing everything and wasting materials.

950 is cap. No point in hoarding items for infusion. You will get gear just by playing the game.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
One tap with wall hack - explain please, I need to grind this stuff out
Middle tree void hunter let's you go invisible and grants you wallhack if you kill someone while crouching. Pair this with any 150RPM scout and you now one-shot immediately when they peek the corner. I used Jade Rabbit and got both Randy's and the catalyst done.

Feels pretty bad if you are on the receiving end though you can't do shit besides trying to flank.

Feb 4, 2018
Gambit Prime is a terrible game mode and I'm shocked they haven't taken it out of the game.

I understand that Bungie wants their free-to-play offering to include a signature mode besides crucible and strikes, but the game mode stinks stinks STINKS.

Last edited:
1 gift from Van Bur3n

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Van Bur3n Van Bur3n!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Van Bur3n said:
This is for the dumbass raid jacket. If you wish to make a mockery of yourself in public, feel free to. Although it is likely that literally no one will give a shit about what you're wearing, do know that if I ever see you, I will be judging you immensely.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Xbox One Xbox One: "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" - Lord Shaxx - Won by Instant Vintage Instant Vintage (1 entry)

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
950 is cap. No point in hoarding items for infusion. You will get gear just by playing the game.

But if i just junk everything i have thats at a few higher power levels, wont more gear just drop at the current levels of the stuff im junking? Im basically just trying to avoid always infusing things if i dont need too.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
No you shouldn't junk stuff that's higher level, just put it on and keep it on your character, then junk the lower leveled items.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
My biggest question was if the gear drop power levels depend on what you have equipped, or just what you have in your inventory. It seems like the blues keep ramping up incrementally even if im not changing out my gear and keeping the lower level things equipped with having higher blues just chilling in my inventory

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
There is no need to equip higher level stuff if you dont like it.
Just keep the highest power gear in your inventory and then it counts towards progress.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the game knows if you have higher level items in your inventory. As long as you have it on your character/in your vault, the game will know you have higher level gear on you, even if you have lower gear equipped. There's no need to concern about infusion while you are leveling to 950 cap.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Why? You don't need to wear it, just keep it in your inventory and check to see if any other items in the slot are higher or drop higher

Because the difference between a blue and purple is infinitely minimal, while you are leveling. It is just clutter. Who likes clutter? I don't. My body is my temple, and lower level gear can GTFO

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like I am getting the same loot over and over again. I don't want no more scout rifles and handcannons

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally found a group of people that were able to beat the Tier V boss in the new activity on the Moon. Got the new Shotgun from the chest.

It seems like I am getting the same loot over and over again. I don't want no more scout rifles and handcannons
lolol. Welcome to the grind. You get tons of the same stuff, but they all have different rolls, so finding the rolls you like is half the battle.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I just hope bungie takes a long long long break from making exotic handcannons.
Maybe even make a exotic sidearm, so its not just literally one.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Shark was right all along, there are too many hand cannons. Bungo was so obsessed with hand cannons they had to make a special ammo one.

Get ready for your heavy ammo one, which I admit, I would actually like to see, even though it will probably end up being utterly useless.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What are the best ways to get Strange Coins for this Halloween event? I've got the candy for the Autorifle, but apparently you need to get all the masks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.