• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Range feels wackadoo as well. Many a time it doesn't one shot at ranges I feel like it should.

Yeah. I wouldn't mind it being a little less potent if it was more consistent. Guess I could practice more.

How the hell do I get the crucible metallic shader?

Dismantle a Y2 piece of Crucible armour or Crucible weapon that has it applied (I think weapons can still drop with it even the armour doesn't).

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. I wouldn't mind it being a little less potent if it was more consistent. Guess I could practice more.

Dismantle a Y2 piece of Crucible armour or Crucible weapon that has it applied (I think weapons can still drop with it even the armour doesn't).
:/

okay, then I raise you this, Titan shoulder charges shouldn`t be one shot kill even with Perregrin Greaves

;)

you keep your shoulder charge, I keep my pocket super nova
Oh, I agree with that completely. You will never catch me saying that shit is balanced.

Rey

Oct 27, 2017
The Mysterious Box quest seems fixed. My previously bugged 'hand lock' was opened after the update and I just inserted the Fishhook lock which also worked.

Jan 4, 2018
Man, I'm trying to play around with different exotics and subclasses to find something fun and practical and all I can think about is how if you could slot two exotic armors, Wormgod and Dunemarchers on throwing hammer Titan would be my wildest dream. Burning Fists x3 + Roaring Flames x3 + Linear Actuators would be an absolute chef's kiss.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Man, I'm trying to play around with different exotics and subclasses to find something fun and practical and all I can think about is how if you could slot two exotic armors, Wormgod and Dunemarchers on throwing hammer Titan would be my wildest dream. Burning Fists x3 + Roaring Flames x3 + Linear Actuators would be an absolute chef's kiss.

I was playing around a bit with the new Solar Leg exotic Phoenix Cradle, and bottom tree Solar w/ a Polaris Lance. Sunspots everywhere.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
as i got waxed by hhnova yday i was thinking, they finally give hunters a ohk melee, and of course it's total trash, where the other classes ohk's run rampant.

bungie has always discriminated against hunters.

is it safe to turn in ib pinnacles? update wasnt at noon?

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
aight, ima say it.

The PVP maps they removed were better than the ones they added.

Why do they remove PVP maps??? i play tons of online shooters. Destiny is the only franchise i play that removes PVP maps

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Luna's Howl? It's common but it's not in any way broken or oppressive...

MT and Recluse is the combination that's annoying when people are really good with it, they work so perfectly in tandem.

Luna's Howl/Not Forgotten is definitely completely dominant. Basically the ONLY primary option on a console if winning matters, and has been since it's introduction many months ago.

For the millionth time though, that's on console. Recluse/MT isn't even a thing here.

Edit: This post prompted me to check the Warmind crucible meta. It's all fubared. Jade Rabbit #1 kinetic? Gotta be momentum control. Braytech Werewolf is #1 kinetic on Xbox, lol. But interestingly, Vigilance Wing is #1 kinetic on PC. What is this?

Last edited:

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
Level of gear drops for a character is determined by the highest equipable gear anywhere on your account (this character, other characters, vault, postmaster), not what you have equipped. Between 750 and 900, every drop should be a few points higher than max. Between 900 and 950, powerful drops become available while non-powerful (the rest) drop 0-3 levels below your max. After 950 you can only advance with 'pinnacle' rewards and there's no point in worrying about it.

So— hang onto the highest item in every slot even if you don't want it, at least until it's surpassed , but feel free to toss it into the vault. Infuse only when you need to use it in an activity that demands it be higher power.

Thank you dude.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I got to lvl 900. So now to increase my gear, except for raids, I can only do the challenges?

If all your gear is at 900 yes you are at the "soft cap" and now need to do powerful drops. There are many sources you can do for these a week. They are rated by how good the drop will be (Tier 1 the weakest, Tier 3 the best).

After you hit the "hard cap" of 950, you do Pinnacle rewards which are from sources like the Dungeon, Raid (only Garden), and other things. This week is Iron Banner, which has bounties which give Pinnacle drops, which are massive jumps for someone in your position.

If you do the Festival of the Lost and get the AutoRifle, it comes at 950 which is also a massive jump for you.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
My $1000 TCL 65" TV (purchased July 2018) is dead today. Just got up and it wont turn on. Just completely dead out of the blue no sign of life whatsoever:(. No Destiny for me just yet.

No idea, only possible thing I can think is it got a power surge. It's not on a surge protector. Counterintuitive I guess but I like to plug the big power hogs (Xbox and Tv) directly into outlets to make sure they get plenty of power. I remember MS support saying surge protectors supplying insufficient power was a big killer of xbox's, or something like that.

Ehh, I have a backup crapass 32" TV and my PC I guess if worst comes to worst but this sucks.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
No idea, only possible thing I can think is it got a power surge. It's not on a surge protector. Counterintuitive I guess but I like to plug the big power hogs (Xbox and Tv) directly into outlets to make sure they get plenty of power. I remember MS support saying surge protectors supplying insufficient power was a big killer of xbox's, or something like that.

What? I have never heard of this at all. Not sure why you wouldn't use a surge protector / power strip. Good thing Black Friday is coming up, God is doing you a favor. Time to hit up the doorbusters

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Titan Shoulder charge and handheld nova bomb would not be that super annoying if hunter also had some kind of good ability.
Doing the ib ability kills once again felt super tedious, since i have to soften up everything before my meele ability can hurt it, meanwhile titans and warlocks just oneshot me all the time at full health.

also, anybody else tried IB on hardmode ? Somehow pulled a 21 power cloak from collections, fought a few matches at 850 power against 960+, insta death but so much bounty progress.

MillionStabs

Jan 11, 2018
Does the method of killing yourself before getting the loot after killing The Fanatic still work for farming Mindbenders Ambition?

Status
Not open for further replies.