• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Dozens of attempts and still haven't beaten the 9th branch in the forest. We were so on track in this last run too, but me and an ally ran into a dead end that was miles from where we needed to be, and we couldn't recover after that.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What? I have never heard of this at all. Not sure why you wouldn't use a surge protector / power strip. Good thing Black Friday is coming up, God is doing you a favor. Time to hit up the doorbusters

It seems to be covered under my credit card extended warranty although thats seeming to be a hassle so far. And regardless will be a lengthy process.

Here's the Xbox no surge protector thing https://www.pcmag.com/news/357504/microsoft-dont-use-surge-protectors-with-xbox-one-x-one-s

Not exactly as I remember it but same gist. I was probably dumb to not plug the TV into the SP though, I was just using the thought process that a cheapo surge protector probably doesnt supply huge amounts of good power.

I dont know that it was a power surge overnight, just guessing since the TV is dead and it's pretty much on it's own non surge protected outlet...it did seem to rain (ground is wet) but I didnt hear any kind of storms.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
so, what levels have your Iron Banner bounties gotten you ?

The +2 for pinnacles thing is good, without it none of my characters would have budged again after handing in another 11 IB bounties and completing the new dungeon.

With it I went from 950 to 952 base, with 5 slots at 953, but two stuck on 951 and one 950. Think I just scraped that last level. My Warlock helmet will be forever 950 at this rate, though. 971 with artifact.

Dozens of attempts and still haven't beaten the 9th branch in the forest. We were so on track in this last run too, but me and an ally ran into a dead end that was miles from where we needed to be, and we couldn't recover after that.

Luck plays a big part.

Oct 28, 2017
39zsZBA.png

The repeatable bounties don't count. :<

Oct 28, 2017
Remember that you can 100k this weeks Ordeal doing the 920 version. Just make sure to kill everything and 3 phase the last boss, and you'll be golden.

Matchmake your way to an easy Pinnacle drop!

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I wish they would expand the chalice of opulence, imo that's the most fun way to farm for weapons.

And throw in some AR's for crying out loud.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
The Rare bounty from Ada, who thought this was a good idea to put behind an exotic quest? Can't get it to drop at all. Having to rely on RNG again is a piss take. Probably get one with have all B-A gear or the raid completion.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
What's a good start for clearing the 9th node of the Forrest?
I lucked into some blueberries (or maybe I was their blueberry) and they ran ad clearing supers and used them liberally. For the bosses, I don't even know what they were using but they disappeared within 15 seconds at most each time, but often within 3-5. I just kept up with them, cleared ads as fast as I could, and revived/stayed alive as much as possible. I knew I hit the jackpot when we cleared the first level and had damned near 15 minutes left on the timer.

Oct 25, 2017
Its somewhat RNG if you can make it there. Getting favourable levels beforehand with lots of minors so you can pummel through and finish levels fast is a nice way to guarantee a branch 9 or higher.

Burning the bosses as quickly as possible really helps as you don't waste too much time on them and you get 20 seconds back

I lucked into some blueberries (or maybe I was their blueberry) and they ran ad clearing supers and used them liberally. For the bosses, I don't even know what they were using but they disappeared within 15 seconds at most each time, but often within 3-5. I just kept up with them, cleared ads as fast as I could, and revived/stayed alive as much as possible. I knew I hit the jackpot when we cleared the first level and had damned near 15 minutes left on the timer.

Apparently 21% Delirium is pretty good when paired along with the Energetic(?) mod iirc for your mask so you are basically rolling around with a shit ton of heavy

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So is it possible to actually get to 100 on the BP at this point? I'm at 25 almost 26 but it's starting to feel like unless I log on every day and do every possible daily bounty, then I will end far off of 100.

Oct 25, 2017
So is it possible to actually get to 100 on the BP at this point? I'm at 25 almost 26 but it's starting to feel like unless I log on every day and do every possible daily bounty, then I will end far off of 100.

You still have a little over 30 days left so its possible but you should be doing almost all the bounties and if you are out then some extra rounds of additional bounties to get the amount of levels.

I was doing around 5 levels a day (after the easy 5 you get at reset due to double exp) for my play sessions which is around 2-4 hours with weekends being more and i eventually made it. Even then i wasn't maximizing my bounty usage has I've had times where crucible, gambit and nightmare hunt bounties were straight up ignored.

And i assume that was on the lower end of the spectrum compared to others in here.

Finally if i recall from this thread the moon and vex offensive bounties are worth much more than the others so you could focus on those?

Last edited:

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How do I give Eris peace and get the scene of all her fireteam's nightmares leaving her? Is it completing all the Essences?

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Definitely, but you'll have to really focus on it. Try to knock out the daily bounties for each activity type every day. Moon/Vex Offensive is great for this since VO is technically "The Moon". So you can stock up on bounties for both and then do them at the same time in Vex Offensive.

Don't ignore the repeatable bounties, either! They can stress your glimmer (3000 per bounty), but if you're checking in with Spider to turn mats in for glimmer, it shouldn't be a problem.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
What's a Kinetic weapon to pair with Divinity? I thought MT would be good but they eat up special ammo.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Leveling isn't too hard. It's just not made too clear that bounties are basically the only way to make progress. They're not a "bonus", they're everything. Actually getting kills and doing stuff nets you a pittance.

Load up on bounties from Ikora in the Tower and then from Eris on the Moon. Then go nuts in the Vex Offensive, where you can take care of both sets of bounties at once. Pick up bounties at the Gunsmith too, they can get done anywhere.

But yeah getting to 100 is totally doable as long as you remember to always load up on bounties before doing anything. It's not a design I agree with, but it is what it is.

Oct 25, 2017
Got Edgewise, thanks again for the tips Orion117 Andri and Amibguous Cad. I went with the old change your PS4's internal clock thing and ran around the Edz for a while.

Also did the Shattered Throne dungeon for the first time to help Izanagi along. Once I get the strike done I'll finally have that dang gun.

Last edited:

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
Got Edgewise, thanks again for the tips Orion117 Andri and Amibguous Cad. I went with the old change your PS4's internal clock thing and ran around the Edz for a while.

Also did the Shattered Throne dungeon for the first time to help Izanagi along. Once I get the strike done I'll finally have that dang gun.

That's awesome. I need the butterfly key for the izanagi quest. Also I guess I need to go to the leviathan and kill watchers for lenses. Is that a hard thing to do?

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
That's awesome. I need the butterfly key for the izanagi quest. Also I guess I need to go to the leviathan and kill watchers for lenses. Is that a hard thing to do?
Not really, its possible to do solo. Hardest part is flipping the switches to open the way on your own. with 2 people it becomes trivial.

Congrats on the Edgewise, what are you missing for the Undying seal ?

On Iza, its great.
I basically have not used a different Kinetic since i got it, despite never having used a sniper in destiny before.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Shitty class ability and nades too.
Yeah, what is up with grenades ?
I only play hunter so i dont even know the names or who has the other types of grenades, but i get gibbed so many times by that arc pulsing grenade that does infinite damage and stays forever with huge range, while my arc grenades are lucky to hit a target 5 cm away, or do more dmg than 10%.

I like the class ability for the reload in pve, but pvp seems so useless.
No iframes on dodge, you die before you can use the effect of the reload and getting your bad meele ability back fast is equally useless.

Its still Huntermasterrace, but man bungie give me a bone.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, what is up with grenades ?
I only play hunter so i dont even know the names or who has the other types of grenades, but i get gibbed so many times by that arc pulsing grenade that does infinite damage and stays forever with huge range, while my arc grenades are lucky to hit a target 5 cm away, or do more dmg than 10%.

I like the class ability for the reload in pve, but pvp seems so useless.
No iframes on dodge, you die before you can use the effect of the reload and getting your bad meele ability back fast is equally useless.

Its still Huntermasterrace, but man bungie give me a bone.
Double skip with Shinobu's, or cleaning up with arc bolt are insanely good. You are using them wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.