• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
:/

Oh, I agree with that completely. You will never catch me saying that shit is balanced.

Not this again. Shoulder charge is crap for kills lol.

Against a decent player you're guaranteed to get a face full of shotgun pellets or get killed by someone who's backtracking on you.

If you die to shoulder charge you really only have yourself to blame.

as i got waxed by hhnova yday i was thinking, they finally give hunters a ohk melee, and of course it's total trash, where the other classes ohk's run rampant.

bungie has always discriminated against hunters.

is it safe to turn in ib pinnacles? update wasnt at noon?

You gotta be kidding me.

Hunters are by far the most OP class on console and it's not even close. Even before the striker nerf hunters were the best at high level play.

I guess you also weren't around in D1Y1 where hunters utterly dominated for the entire year.

Oct 28, 2017

Against a decent player you're guaranteed to get a face full of shotgun pellets or get killed by someone who's backtracking on you.

You gotta be kidding me.

Hunters are by far the most OP class on console and it's not even close. Even before the striker nerf hunters were the best at high level play.

I guess you also weren't around in D1Y1 where hunters utterly dominated for the entire year.
Riiiight.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
did they tweak exotics drop rates since shadowkeep launch ?
been seeing several yt people have multiple drops of the same one, and got like 4 knucklehead radars in a row.

You gotta be kidding me.

So people who dont always use shotguns are bad players ?
and being killed by someone backtracking you has nothing to do with the ability, that can happen with anything.

About hunters, i dont play on console, though i do only play pc with a controller, so can you explain how they are op ?

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You gotta be kidding me.

It's their jumping and supers.

Doesn't change the fact their abilities suck worse than a warlocks jumping.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
So people who dont always use shotguns are bad players ?
and being killed by someone backtracking you has nothing to do with the ability, that can happen with anything.

About hunters, i dont play on console, though i do only play pc with a controller, so can you explain how they are op ?

If you don't have a shotgun then you shouldn't be in shoulder charge range in the first place. In really competitive matches (not pubstomping quickplay) shoulder charge just isn't viable.

With the hunter double/triple jump you can pretty much instantly jump out of someone's field of view while within shotgun ranges, since a controller can't track as fast as a mouse while remaining accurate (if you use a controller this will also effect you). The roll is also a get out of jail free card (it's even worse this season with the artifact).

It's their jumping and supers.

Doesn't change the fact their abilities suck worse than a warlocks jumping.

You gotta balance them somehow.

Hunters make up pretty much 50% of the crucible already, if you give them great abilities in addition then they're even more OP.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't have a shotgun then you shouldn't be in shoulder charge range in the first place. In really competitive matches (not pubstomping quickplay) shoulder charge just isn't viable.

With the hunter double/triple jump you can pretty much instantly jump out of someone's field of view while within shotgun ranges, since a controller can't track as fast as a mouse while remaining accurate (if you use a controller this will also effect you). The roll is also a get out of jail free card (it's even worse this season with the artifact).

You gotta balance them somehow.

Hunters make up pretty much 50% of the crucible already, if you give them great abilities in addition then they're even more OP.
True, that's the problem with not separately balancing PvE and PvP.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Bungie's Game2Give charity event is ending on the 10th of November, if anyone wants to contribute via DestinyERA we started a charity page and already went way over our initial goal of $500.

unknown.png

Link to donate and/or sign up if you would like to try and raise money via your own stream:

Looking forward to raising more by the end of the event, we're also doing sherpa runs/carries in the discord for dungeon, exotic quests, raids, etc.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Bungie's Game2Give charity event is ending on the 10th of November, if anyone wants to contribute via DestinyERA we started a charity page and already went way over our initial goal of $500.

That's awesome! I sent in my individual donation a day before they started the event, glad it goes to a great cause and I got a great looking banner to boot.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
How long does your checkpoint last in the Shattered Throne dungeon? Spent about two hours trying to kill Vorgeth, couldn't even get one of the wizards down, to many vandals,to much shielding. Even the so called safe spots, one, aren't safe, two even if I whittled down the two closest wizards I couldn't find a spot where I wasn't constantly bombarded on the third and fourth wizards.

Edit: I could kill the wizards but that starts the timer and that doesn't help matters.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
How long does your checkpoint last in the Shattered Throne dungeon? Spent about two hours trying to kill Vorgeth, couldn't even get one of the wizards down, to many vandals,to much shielding. Even the so called safe spots, one, aren't safe, two even if I whittled down the two closest wizards I couldn't find a spot where I wasn't constantly bombarded on the third and fourth wizards.

Edit: I could kill the wizards but that starts the timer and that doesn't help matters.

It's weekly just like a raid encounter

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Kinda gave up on getting Randy's as even in Momentum Control I just wasn't getting enough kills. Then I chanced on a blue rapid fire scout Black Tiger - oooh, it's so nice in that mode. Crap impact and range, but in that mode with doof-doof-doof-doof it all seems doable again using the purple Black Scorpion version with dragonfly. Lovely stuff.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Kinda gave up on getting Randy's as even in Momentum Control I just wasn't getting enough kills. Then I chanced on a blue rapid fire scout Black Tiger - oooh, it's so nice in that mode. Crap impact and range, but in that mode with doof-doof-doof-doof it all seems doable again using the purple Black Scorpion version with dragonfly. Lovely stuff.
I was almost in the same camp, but it turns out I just needed to play momentum control enough to find my groove. I went in after playing IB for two days straight and just wasn't in the right headspace. After buckling down yesterday I went from 23% Scout kills and 60% medals to 100% kills and 98% medals in MC.

I always feel like a jerk doing it, but once I find the spots on a map where people are more-or-less funneled through a doorway or other path, it's easy to rack up doubles and triples just sitting there.

Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome. I need the butterfly key for the izanagi quest. Also I guess I need to go to the leviathan and kill watchers for lenses. Is that a hard thing to do?

It's not that bad. The hardest part for me was opening the underground path solo, but it only took a couple tries.

Congrats on the Edgewise, what are you missing for the Undying seal ?

On Iza, its great.
I basically have not used a different Kinetic since i got it, despite never having used a sniper in destiny before.

Thanks! All that work and I never even tried it out. All I've got left is the 980 nightfall for the ship, and then wrap up kills and multi kills in Vex Offensive which I should be able to wrap up this weekend. Then it's a waiting game for the Undying Mind stuff to start.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Deleted - one of the achievements was for foresaken which I don't have and the other one I need to try and pop manually by logging out/in.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else keep getting notifications of triumps you already have for discovering all lost sectors on various planets when switching between characters? Get this a lot switching to titan and hunter.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it was an old bug that they said they fixed (and they did) - but it seems to have cropped up again

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
All I've got left is the 980 nightfall for the ship, and then wrap up kills and multi kills in Vex Offensive which I should be able to wrap up this weekend. Then it's a waiting game for the Undying Mind stuff to start.
definitively do the ship this week.
cant think of an easier nightfall if you just want the ship, just being able to skip half the champions, and now with iza you can pretty confortably kill nokris.

Ragarra

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know officially or not if the undying title will go away when season of the undying goes away? I know all the vex still says only available during the season of the undying. If i finish all the season of the undying triumphs and dont finish one of the ritual weapons would the title still be obtainable?

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Does anyone know officially or not if the undying title will go away when season of the undying goes away? I know all the vex still says only available during the season of the undying. If i finish all the season of the undying triumphs and dont finish one of the ritual weapons would the title still be obtainable?

officially its been stated that it wont be earnable due to activities going away.

they never clarified if the scenario you propose, aka doing all the vex stuff but not the ritual weapons, would prevent you from getting the seal, but i would assume it to be so.
Kinda like the MMXIX seal, nothing in that seal cant be done now, but irc you cant get the seal anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
officially its been stated that it wont be earnable due to activities going away.

they never clarified if the scenario you propose, aka doing all the vex stuff but not the ritual weapons, would prevent you from getting the seal, but i would assume it to be so.
Kinda like the MMXIX seal, nothing in that seal cant be done now, but irc you cant get the seal anymore.

I didn't play when it was active, and it doesn't show up on my Seal list at all. I don't know what would have happened if I'd gotten some of them before it went away, though.

Ragarra

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah cause everything

I would have figured the Seal would say only available during Season of the Undying, wish Bungie would clarify if the seal was going to stay or not.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Controversial fact, Bungie agrees and that's why most of this season's "ritual guns" are pretty generic

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I didn't play when it was active, and it doesn't show up on my Seal list at all. I don't know what would have happened if I'd gotten some of them before it went away, though.
i got most of them, besides the pvp and raid stuff, and its not there for me either.
Yeah cause everything

I would have figured the Seal would say only available during Season of the Undying, wish Bungie would clarify if the seal was going to stay or not.
Its kinda strange.
I went ingame to check, the seal itself does not say it wont be available after season ends.
but the one triumph i lack (undying mind) does say "only available during season of undying".
cant check if the collections badge triumph has that same condition since i already fullfilled it though.

Ragarra

Oct 25, 2017
i got most of them, besides the pvp and raid stuff, and its not there for me either.

Its kinda strange.
I went ingame to check, the seal itself does not say it wont be available after season ends.
but the one triumph i lack (undying mind) does say "only available during season of undying".
cant check if the collections badge triumph has that same condition since i already fullfilled it though.

That is the triumph in the top left corner for season of the undying right? When I looked a few days ago it didnt say anything about only available during season of the undying. Ill need to check when im home as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.