• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Two duplicate exotics in a row.
giphy.gif

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
We're breaking up those teams to spend 8 minutes matchmaking, then we'll show you a black screen for a further 2 minutes. If you're still awake, please enjoy your next game.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
The Undying Seal stuff feels a little too packed for it to be limited to the season, IMO, but who knows what level of "prestige" Bungie is trying to convey with the title. I'm on track to get it pretty handily, but I've basically ONLY been playing Destiny 2 since Shadowkeep launch, and probably been playing it more than I should.

Like, it feels like it requires a somewhat unhealthy amount of dedication to D2 to attain within the time constraints, given that progression rates on some of the Triumphs/Badge items are heavily dependent on what armor/mods/weapons you have available.

That said, some of my feelings are maaaaybe driven by my Randy's quest ptsd of playing crucible for an hour or two, seeing the bars only go up like 2-3% each, and going, "oh.... fuuuuck."

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if you're newish to Destiny but you might as well get used to and/or expect things like this regarding the RNG nature of it. Xur is an option if you're looking to add Exotics (past Exotics through the Fated Engram that is) that you don't have to your collection.
Nah, just really want Doomfang Pauldrons and Monte Carlo. I seem to be getting all the things I don't want lol.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if you're newish to Destiny but you might as well get used to and/or expect things like this regarding the RNG nature of it. Xur is an option if you're looking to add Exotics (past Exotics through the Fated Engram that is) that you don't have to your collection.

Though if you do this, get the curated exotic first if you don't have it.
I was super pissed last week when the Hunter Exotic was Lucky Pants, and I'm all like, "PSHAW I DON'T WANT THOSE." so I spend the 97 shards on the Isochronal Engram and it's GOD DAMNED LUCKY PANTS

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
The Undying Seal stuff feels a little too packed for it to be limited to the season, IMO, but who knows what level of "prestige" Bungie is trying to convey with the title. I'm on track to get it pretty handily, but I've basically ONLY been playing Destiny 2 since Shadowkeep launch, and probably been playing it more than I should.

Like, it feels like it requires a somewhat unhealthy amount of dedication to D2 to attain within the time constraints, given that progression rates on some of the Triumphs/Badge items are heavily dependent on what armor/mods/weapons you have available.

That said, some of my feelings are maaaaybe driven by my Randy's quest ptsd of playing crucible for an hour or two, seeing the bars only go up like 2-3% each, and going, "oh.... fuuuuck."

it seems kinda tame tbh, though i have only been playing since summer.

i managed to get all but the 3 undying mind kills in about 170 hours of playtime, playing less than optimally( like doing randy before momentum control released).
If we take that 170 and divide by the 70 days the season takes, you would need 2-3 hours a day all season.
Obviously i played much more than that(mostly since i had 2 weeks of vacation right after release), but its still basically making destiny your life game even at 2-3 hours a day,

Time wise its definitively rough for players that dont live destiny, but on the other hand the actual "challenge" part of the seal seems limited to the 980 nightfall and a bit of comp to get the glory for randy.
All other things are essentially just grinding mindlessly till its done.

The seal seems too "easy" for the hardcore crowd that has infinite time to spend on the game, and too "hard" for people with limited time to spend on the game.

But its going to be my very first seal, so i like it.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Got the trinity ghoul from xur's engram, yay?

I now have all world drop exotics. Just need to work on the quest and raid exotics I missed from year 2 now.

Speaking of which I don;t fully understand how to get the Jotunn, says I need legendary frames and I did 2/10 but I'm not sure how?

Oct 25, 2017
Got the trinity ghoul from xur's engram, yay?

I now have all world drop exotics. Just need to work on the quest and raid exotics I missed from year 2 now.

Speaking of which I don;t fully understand how to get the Jotunn, says I need legendary frames and I did 2/10 but I'm not sure how?

I actually love the Trinity Ghoul. Lightning Rod is basically a Firefly that you can aim. Great for PVE.

Legendary Frames are the ones that you need to buy from Ava with the mat you get from the weekly bounties. Max of two a week (at least on one character, not sure if you can do more with others)

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there some hidden option somewhere that allows me to voice chat with people inside the game or is xbox live party chat the only option?

You need to join the "Team" chat (should be an option when you pull out your ghost?) - but nobody really uses public chat on Xbox (it's an option to automatically opt-in, and people usually turn it off).

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
it seems kinda tame tbh, though i have only been playing since summer.

i managed to get all but the 3 undying mind kills in about 170 hours of playtime, playing less than optimally( like doing randy before momentum control released).
If we take that 170 and divide by the 70 days the season takes, you would need 2-3 hours a day all season.
Obviously i played much more than that(mostly since i had 2 weeks of vacation right after release), but its still basically making destiny your life game even at 2-3 hours a day,

Time wise its definitively rough for players that dont live destiny, but on the other hand the actual "challenge" part of the seal seems limited to the 980 nightfall and a bit of comp to get the glory for randy.
All other things are essentially just grinding mindlessly till its done.

The seal seems too "easy" for the hardcore crowd that has infinite time to spend on the game, and too "hard" for people with limited time to spend on the game.

But its going to be my very first seal, so i like it.
I think really the bolded part is what irks me a little. I agree with you otherwise. Like I said, I'm on track to get it as soon as the Undying Mind goes live, but I wish I didn't feel so pressured to be constantly working towards it, or have that nagging feeling when I go to play another game, "well maybe I should do something on Destiny to knock out some stuff for the seal, instead." But that's a me problem.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I think really the bolded part is what irks me a little. I agree with you otherwise. Like I said, I'm on track to get it as soon as the Undying Mind goes live, but I wish I didn't feel so pressured to be constantly working towards it, or have that nagging feeling when I go to play another game, "well maybe I should do something on Destiny to knock out some stuff for the seal, instead." But that's a me problem.
Definitively get what you mean.
Before i wrapped it up, everytime i even touched another game it felt like i was wasting time i could have been putting into the seal.
But it made it all the more satisfying to just put the game down and not touch it at all(im now officially 2 days dry of destiny) and enjoy all the new stuff that released since october 1st.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
question about Nightfall Ordeal: Master.
If we miss the boat before the end of the season, does that mean that it will be impossible to get the Undying badge?

this season is why too short to get shit done compare to other seasons

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Im 100% ready to officially diagnose the pvp team on Destiny 2 as clinically braindead. How you allow some of these artifact perks to impact the sandbox like this.... your brain doesnt work. Period. Your brain, simply does not process information properly, and you should have no part in the development of any videogames, ever.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
So then. How soloable/likely is it to solo the Shattered Throne? Next step on this sniper that everyone seems to love.

Just been derping about in the game ever since it went free the same way I played Destiny 1, no real groups or parties aside from match making and running into a wall again doing things that way. Got a couple of quests that seem more like party things, shattered throne being one of them, think its the last step of Outbreak Perfected being another. And of course the raids.

Also as a secondary question, am at like 75 ranking on the season levels without the season pass and am considering getting it now but not sure if i should just wait for next season to get it or if I can get enough of the extra stuff done for this one in the time left. Thanks for any advise.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It's very soloable, considering there is a triumph/emblem for it.

Is it EASY to solo? Not particularly, but you can watch youtube footage of other players and try to adapt to that.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
We're breaking up those teams to spend 8 minutes matchmaking, then we'll show you a black screen for a further 2 minutes. If you're still awake, please enjoy your next game.

the black screen thing is new the last couple weeks. every match, seems bug.

Im 100% ready to officially diagnose the pvp team on Destiny 2 as clinically braindead. How you allow some of these artifact perks to impact the sandbox like this.... your brain doesnt work. Period. Your brain, simply does not process information properly, and you should have no part in the development of any videogames, ever.

this was pretty much me yesterday, i played for probably hours to get my last ib bounty (super kills) from 80%-100%. Because literally half the matches were getting backfilled into stomps where it was over before you could even think of getting a super. it was bad. and how bad is matchmaking if half the matches are such lopsided stomps everybody leaves? you generally only get one super a match, and even if you get to it if it's a roamer you risk getting immediately shut down by a shutdown super someone has been saving a further 50% of the time. and of course losing ten matches in a row makes you pretty tilted. the worst was when in the midst of yet another stomping i noticed there were two teams of 3 in the match, no other teams, and against all statistical odds, bungie had placed them both on the other side. i about flipped out. how fucking dumb that in year 6 bungies matchmaking is so stupid they apparently still havent accounted for the fact small groups of players have an edge and need to be split up accordingly, to some extent regardless of their skill rating?

i mean if literally half the matches are stomps/mercies and backfills are rampant because of fleeing players, yes part of the blame is on this annoying players that leave in the first 30 seconds of a match if they dont think things are going well (I wonder they just do that in order to get more tokens? What quests even depend on winning matches?), but part of the blame is on awful SBMM. What bugs me about SBMM is I feel like it's just meddling. CBMM seemed OK, but bungie just cant help but think they always know best for us. It's like how twitter curates your timeline instead of just leaving people the F alone like they want...

also i was thinking in the same vein as weapons who were not nerfed gaining a relative edge, i wonder if blade barrage is more viable now? because all roamers got nerfed, in essence.

Last edited:

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
So then. How soloable/likely is it to solo the Shattered Throne? Next step on this sniper that everyone seems to love.

Just been derping about in the game ever since it went free the same way I played Destiny 1, no real groups or parties aside from match making and running into a wall again doing things that way. Got a couple of quests that seem more like party things, shattered throne being one of them, think its the last step of Outbreak Perfected being another. And of course the raids.

Also as a secondary question, am at like 75 ranking on the season levels without the season pass and am considering getting it now but not sure if i should just wait for next season to get it or if I can get enough of the extra stuff done for this one in the time left. Thanks for any advise.

Is it EASY to solo? Not particularly, but you can watch youtube footage of other players and try to adapt to that.

I spent two hours this morning as void lock trying to solo the first boss never coming close. Getting to him took some time because of some bad luck but the checkpoints help. I could just be bad *shrug*

Hoping to find a group to finish it today, then do the strike that is required because todays forge is the one you need for the end task.

Edit: Who do I PM here to get on discord?

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I spent two hours this morning as void lock trying to solo the first boss never coming close. Getting to him took some time because of some bad luck but the checkpoints help. I could just be bad *shrug*

Hoping to find a group to finish it today, then do the strike that is required because todays forge is the one you need for the end task.

Edit: Who do I PM here to get on discord?
Ruthless

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for the info chum. Looks like I'd be better off looking for a group since it sounds like I'm too fresh to want to try soloing it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
980 Nightfall done and finally some Pinnacle Gear drops that weren't heads. Doubt I'll ever touch 980 NF again either, it's like 3 times as long as 950 NF. Just Gambit then 3 Undying Mind Kills and Undying seal done.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What was your load out for the Nightfall?
Izanagi with Catalyst. We all had it, no Divinity. It did all the heavy lifting with the Champions.
Recluse, a good arc weapon that can get Anti-Barrier could be useful though
Love and Death GL, though would recommend either Wendigo or Delirium over it, as it's like 90% Arc shields.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I did it with a random LFG group on the Destiny 2 Companion App and it was a breeze. They'd clearly done it before, but all I'd done was watch a Youtube tutorial and had no trouble.

Good to know. I need to get in on all the lfg stuff and probably into the discord if I'm going to keep playing I guess. Know I should try to push for it tonight since the forge matches but lets see if I can work up the will.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
re: about titles - if anything collections should *not* be part of title earning as they can be blocked by shit RNG
Very much disagree.
Titles are the collectibles of collectibles.
They tend to be centered around specific things, so it makes sense the collection for that specific activity should be part of the seal.

Agree on the RNG part though.
Been stuck on getting wayfarer for weeks now, trying to get the Dreaming City weapons to drop.

They just need to make the drops aviable through deterministic rolls, aka the more you do the activity that drops it, the higher the chance it drops.
Irc they even did that with the escalation protocol weapons, but no idea why the other weapons arent.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
exit strategy is the best pinnacle this cycle. great perks, and afaik there arent any other good legendary smg's in the kinetic slot for pve.

so it's not recluse but, i always have it on me it's the go to if you need a kinetic smg.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I still don't have the crucible metallic shader, and nothing has actually given me a clear indication of what I need to dismantle to actually get it.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So much shit broken right now. Could't get Vanguard weekly reward, and now I'm trying to do the Data Recovery quest to clear my log and it's busted. Talk to Ana Bray, accept prompt, nothing happens. Icon still blue on Ana, talk again and go through the same shit.

So frustrating.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Although not with Divinity (though if I ever get it would definitely be a loadout I try), when I was doing the Eriana's Vow Catalyst, I used Mountain Top, Eriana's (obvs) and the Delirium as my primary. With Missile Titan + Skullforts and GL amma mods on my armour. Definitely not for hard stuff, because if you don't 1 hit melee it kinda all falls apart, but I had a lot of fun doing using it for strikes and Gambit.

Singh Deep

Dec 10, 2017
A newbie here, not sure if I have this right but I can take advantage of the empty character slots to "farm" IB bounties, no? If, for example, my main is a warlock and I've already been through this week's IB bounties with that character, I can create a duplicate warlock character, transfer my armor/guns over, and do another set of IB bounties for a chance at them pinnacle gear, no?

I get that most here already have 3 unique characters they play through, I still haven't gotten a chance to create and play through a 2nd/3rd character yet myself FWIW.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good way to farm Dreaming City weapons? I've had every weapon and armour piece drop a million times over except Abide The Return. After exhausting the avenues to get a guaranteed legendary I've been spamming patrols and blind well, but all they're giving me is dark fragments. Or is there something special I need to do for this weapon? It's extremely weird I've played so. much. Dreaming City but never found it.

Oct 28, 2017
Two weapons I really like that I didn't think I would are Exit Strategy and Oxygen SR3. I do wish the unique perk for Oxygen was a little more interesting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.