• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MillionStabs

Jan 11, 2018
Fucking finally got all the Randy kills I need. Momentum is a good idea but everyone using grenade launchers absolutely ruin that game mode and it needs some work

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Im 100% ready to officially diagnose the pvp team on Destiny 2 as clinically braindead. How you allow some of these artifact perks to impact the sandbox like this.... your brain doesnt work. Period. Your brain, simply does not process information properly, and you should have no part in the development of any videogames, ever.

Your first mistake is assuming they give a shit about PVP.

Oct 25, 2017
Did the Izanagi Strike with a LFG rando, and we did so much damage to the boss before he went into his little cage that he started walking around while still immune. Got him though. One last step.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
what the fuck

the season pass fated engram gave me a weapon I already own, while I am missing an armor piece?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus I'm pretty sure I got at most 3 armor pieces across all my characters 3 raids. Lmao

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't fated engrams give armor if you have all weapons?

Cmon Xur don't be a dick.

Rook

Oct 30, 2017
A newbie here, not sure if I have this right but I can take advantage of the empty character slots to "farm" IB bounties, no? If, for example, my main is a warlock and I've already been through this week's IB bounties with that character, I can create a duplicate warlock character, transfer my armor/guns over, and do another set of IB bounties for a chance at them pinnacle gear, no?

This is really interesting. Yeah, I think you can!

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Can they seriously just turn one eyed crunch off? Someone say it causes ever eververse dollars to spawn or something so they actually look at it.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've been sucked back into playing, as a "free" player having bought OG D2....there is *so* much stuff in this game now... I've been mainly doing PvP to get recluse, plus IB for bounties and level ups.

Officially at 949, and already have a shiny 952 grenade launcher. Did matchmaking of the 920 NF and got a pair who really knew what they were doing (pro-tip, if it doesn't seem like you have any blueberries in your group...*you're* the blueberry!).

We smashed through everything but then they seem to have weird trouble at the final boss with the ball dissappearing. After grabbing a ball and managing a frankly embarassing miss, I realised they were doing it on purpose to farm score. I did some emotes to show I understood and we quickly wracked up 104k so I got my 952 item.

This is all in a game where I promised myself I'm just playing it *in the background*

Now I keep seeing people talk about izanagi....but I think I really want whisper.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Running charity stream, doing new Dungeon sherpas

ruffles.png

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lol!

I don't even have a fireteam to get one, let alone two! I got quite stressed during D1 trying to keep up with a clan, and also deal with arguments between a few members of that small clan. I tried hooking up with Reseterans during/after D2 launch but nearly everyone on Xbox is/was on US time so it just didn't work out. (I'm still on the discord and see the xbox LFG posts pop off).

I've been enjoying playing at my own pace, and doing random things in the game, rather than racing to power level....but then I start seeing these little exotic quests and I'm like hmmmm....maybe I should try and join a UK/european reddit clan or something.

I've also enjoyed blasting through the 920 nightfall and I see 950 and 980 in the list and I'm like "hmmm...."

This game man....this game...

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Lol!

I don't even have a fireteam to get one, let alone two! I got quite stressed during D1 trying to keep up with a clan, and also deal with arguments between a few members of that small clan. I tried hooking up with Reseterans during/after D2 launch but nearly everyone on Xbox is/was on US time so it just didn't work out. (I'm still on the discord and see the xbox LFG posts pop off).

I've been enjoying playing at my own pace, and doing random things in the game, rather than racing to power level....but then I start seeing these little exotic quests and I'm like hmmmm....maybe I should try and join a UK/european reddit clan or something.

I've also enjoyed blasting through the 920 nightfall and I see 950 and 980 in the list and I'm like "hmmm...."

This game man....this game...
You don't really need to join a clan at all, unless you want the weekly engrams from it and the (kinda unimportant) clan upgrades.
Just join the Destiny ERA discord and you will find people to help you with quest missions and such.
There's also the big DestinyLFG discord, but you might end up with some real dumdums there

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The Iron Banner bounties are not worth the time investment for a pinnacle drop, by the time I finish them I could have banged out every other source of pinnacle. Pass

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
The Iron Banner bounties are not worth the time investment for a pinnacle drop, by the time I finish them I could have banged out every other source of pinnacle. Pass

Got them done in about 3 hrs with some folks from Destiny Era Discord and had a blast doing it. If you look at it as a chore instead of a fun activity to do, I can see it being a pain. Fun way to spend an evening with buds, tho.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I guess you're not the average Destiny 2 player, lol. For me, spending an evening and a morning gaining 11 pinnacles was like xmas. Kinda more like xmas than I realised - boring, predictable, putting up with a few obnixious for a while and on the whole semi-torturous... but you get some new shit so net win.

I think you should do both and let us know how it feels to be level 980.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
gawd, Unbroken players who stacked up to pubstomp players are fucking scumbags. PvP focused season my ass, fuck you bungie.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So in order to get izanagi catalyst you need a fully upgraded chalice and then a heroic menagerie run, correct?

WIsh I started plugging away at this when I came back into d2. Seems upgrading the chalice fully is going to take me a long fucking time.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I guess you're not the average Destiny 2 player, lol. For me, spending an evening and a morning gaining 11 pinnacles was like xmas. Kinda more like xmas than I realised - boring, predictable, putting up with a few obnixious for a while and on the whole semi-torturous... but you get some new shit so net win.

I think you should do both and let us know how it feels to be level 980.

I already do 980 content below 980, so it's not a big deal I don't do Iron Banner. I just get more drops not doing Iron Banner and can do other things instead of dealing with PVP

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Got my first 'one fell swoop' (IB version of annihilation) last night, thanks arc web:

So in order to get izanagi catalyst you need a fully upgraded chalice and then a heroic menagerie run, correct?

And get lucky.
WIsh I started plugging away at this when I came back into d2. Seems upgrading the chalice fully is going to take me a long fucking time.
Get the Power and efficiency upgrade that can give you Imperials from just doing stuff. And otherwise just try to get the triumphs that grant 500.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Got master nightfall finally done and will get Randy's with 90 more Glory which I'll probably just wait to get on reset. Now just got to finish up Exit Strategy and the Vanguard quest and I'll be one step closer to getting to shed that Dadgen title.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Lately I've been using Randy's so I can feel like the hardest of Try Hards, but I also love Ace of Spades or Spare Rations if range isn't a concern.
I have Randy's and a decent Spare Rations. Range isn't an issue since I was talking about PvE and I'm also on console, so yeah, both of those sound good.
Nothing, really. If you're using Divinity, you're depending on your fire team to do the damage, not you.
:sadface
Although not with Divinity (though if I ever get it would definitely be a loadout I try), when I was doing the Eriana's Vow Catalyst, I used Mountain Top, Eriana's (obvs) and the Delirium as my primary. With Missile Titan + Skullforts and GL amma mods on my armour. Definitely not for hard stuff, because if you don't 1 hit melee it kinda all falls apart, but I had a lot of fun doing using it for strikes and Gambit.
MT and Divinity clash somewhat due to both of them taking special ammo.
I use a Hand Cannon if doing Nightfall / Nightmare Hunt content (for Ogres) otherwise I use Exit Strategy
Handcannon, usually unstoppable or overload.
I haven't been liking how hand cannons feel since the nerf (I'm on console), the range nerf affected the stickiness. Exit Strategy I completely forgot about, guess I'll pull it outta the vault.
I mean whatever you want? You're running Divinity, run whatever gun you want for ads until its time to DPS a big fucker.
True...I just wanted to know if there was anything that had really good synergy with it.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Nah, it is a guaranteed drop so long as you finish it.

I did heroic with a completed chalice and I don't have it...

Edit: I should check my rifle when I get a chance, at least some people report finding it there despite receiving no notification.

edit2: companion app says I have 2% progress on the catalyst so apparently I do have it after all. FFS

Last edited:

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
After doing all the available bounties this week for Dreaming City I've had every single weapon and armour piece drop except Abide The Return, which to this day I've still never seen. 3 Sleepless drops and no Abide. I am convinced my game is bugged and it's never going to drop, how awful does my RNG have to be to have never seen this sword?

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
The biggest pain in the ass as far as the Undying title is the pinnacle weapons and emblems.

All the stuff related to the actual activity aren't too hard to do. I ground out most of them in one long session over last weekend.

I'm interested to see how hard the 'Final Offensive' against the Undying Mind is on Nov 19th. If it's really tough to do, doing it three times in two weeks might be tough, as I'm only LL 965

Oct 25, 2017
Trying the 980 for the first time with off randoms and I respawned on the last boss on the wrong side of the room load barrier. I can't die so we can't lose, but I also can't help. I'm just watching them chip away at it slowly.

I did some laundry. I made a sandwich. I feel mildly bad that I'm not helping, but not that bad.

Hopefully I still get the chest drop when the finally get there.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Trying the 980 for the first time with off randoms and I respawned on the last boss on the wrong side of the room load barrier. I can't die so we can't lose, but I also can't help. I'm just watching them chip away at it slowly.

I did some laundry. I made a sandwich. I feel mildly bad that I'm not helping, but not that bad.

Hopefully I still get the chest drop when the finally get there.
That happened to me last night. "joining allies" unless you stand next to the glass wall. We put my friend there instead and went for it knowing we couldn't wipe, yet he still somehow managed to get himself killed in there and had to join us to finish it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.