• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Guess I'll grind out the rest of the items for the Undying title. The hydra boss is easy pezee as expected. I'm about ready for the next season to start.

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I played 160 hours since the game came to steam, so im not gonna pretend i didnt get my moneys worth, but i finnaly think im done with D2, the potential is there, as always, and perhaps D3 will be the game they promised in 2013, but as of right now, im tired, tired of the same enemies, same bosses, recycled content, horrible pvp, you name it.
I do wish Bungie the very best on the future, and hopefully they will give me reasons to return.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
2 weeks in a row the Dungeon and 100k NF have given me a Class item. Twice!
HZLcGu0.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Surely you don't mean that...you...

I was vaguely helpful. Anti-barrier rounds mean that you don't have to aim that hard at the boss, and Chaos Reach is easy to aim.

mountain top, recluse...toxic af

what is that warlock exotic? doesn't look familiar.

Karnstein Armlets with the ornament. There's almost definitely more helpful exotics, but in PVE I've gotten used to healing by punching a random squishy drone.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised it was the Vex Offensive that set off the powder keg on the Reddit. All I expected was another Pinnacle Gear Rewards (didn't even get that), I guess they were a little more hopeful than me for it.
Though it does highlight that the Season of Undying has been really underwhelming, it's kinda hidden by being with Shadowkeep, but it's just been the Vex Invasion/Offensive (boring after a week), the battle pass (nothing much of note imo, hoodless cape is pretty nice though) and that exotic bow (like 1 hour to do), if it's a sign of the other 2 seasons without Vicarious Visions or High Moon to help I'm a bit worried honestly.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised it was the Vex Offensive that set off the powder keg on the Reddit. All I expected was another Pinnacle Gear Rewards (didn't even get that), I guess they were a little more hopeful than me for it.
Though it does highlight that the Season of Undying has been really underwhelming, it's kinda hidden by being with Shadowkeep, but it's just been the Vex Invasion/Offensive (boring after a week), the battle pass (nothing much of note imo, hoodless cape is pretty nice though) and that exotic bow (like 1 hour to do), if it's a sign of the other 2 seasons without Vicarious Visions or High Moon to help I'm a bit worried honestly.
I don't agree, I think Season of Undying has been fun, Battle pass has some great rewards and levithan breath is a worthwhile weapon. Even vex offensive is fun and has some weapons I really enjoy using. It seemed like reddit complaining about things was always going to happen like it does every year with destiny.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I don't agree, I think Season of Undying has been fun, Battle pass has some great rewards and levithan breath is a worthwhile weapon. Even vex offensive is fun and has some weapons I really enjoy using. It seemed like reddit complaining about things was always going to happen like it does every year with destiny.
Compared to Menagerie I think Vex Offensive is pretty terrible honestly.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Compared to Menagerie I think Vex Offensive is pretty terrible honestly.
Well I think Menagerie is one of the best modes destiny has brought out especially getting gearwise but I still like Vex Offensive and think it's a pretty good addition even if it doesn't stick around. I would like to see more Menagerie type activities.

When is Reddit not on fire though?
Never, this is pretty much same old.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Well I think Menagerie is one of the best modes destiny has brought out especially getting gearwise but I still like Vex Offensive and think it's a pretty good addition even if it doesn't stick around. I would like to see more Menagerie type activities.
Oh me too Menagerie is fantastic, why I expected more from Vex Offensive and every other 6 man none Raid like activity (do they have a name for that mode type?), but it just took a huge step down from the past season's offering. If not for the Seal, I'd have probably not touched the mode after a few runs, I have no desire to go out my way for another seal.
When is Reddit not on fire though?
I feel it's been mostly limited to Eververse there lately. But the Vex Offensive has set everyone off from the quick glance at the front page.

Oct 27, 2017
Vex Offensive became unbelievably tiresome after not even a handful of runs. Par for the course though with all these brain-dead activity additions (Blind Well, Forges, Reckoning, Menagerie, etc). The biggest issue is Bungie does next to nothing in giving them longevity. They might be able to combine them all, create interesting bosses at intervals, and actually come up with a fun and lengthy Firefight-esque mode with progression and actual rewards that folks want to come back to each week or anytime really if you don't continuously time-gate it. Instead we get the most mundane of activities with zero meaningful additions or updates.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I played 160 hours since the game came to steam, so im not gonna pretend i didnt get my moneys worth, but i finnaly think im done with D2, the potential is there, as always, and perhaps D3 will be the game they promised in 2013, but as of right now, im tired, tired of the same enemies, same bosses, recycled content, horrible pvp, you name it.
I do wish Bungie the very best on the future, and hopefully they will give me reasons to return.

Just take a break. The gunplay will feel really great when you come back.

Wait, so dismantling pinnacle gear gives you prisms? Or did you just mean the 100k nightfall does (which I knew)

Who knows what all pinnacle gear is laying anonymously around my vault.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

Wait, so dismantling pinnacle gear gives you prisms? Or did you just mean the 100k nightfall does (which I knew)

Dismantaling masterworked gear which the pit is guranteed to give.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
They way they talked up seasons having lasting effects on the world and bookended by events that lead into the next, Final Assault and the Undying Mind just being Vex Offensive with a slightly different boss is extremely disappointing. Ikora didn't even finish the Vex gate in time for this and I don't think I've seen any ingame changes other than that boss swap, not even any significant dialogue.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
You need to win the entire game. Bounties count wins the same way so no reason to think it's only rounds.

Wait.... I thought the quest for the malfeasance specifically says you need gambit wins? Unless I am misinterpreting what you said.... you are saying I can just do gambit bounties and they will count toward quest progress? If so, that would make this whole thing much easier and quicker to complete.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait.... I thought the quest for the malfeasance specifically says you need gambit wins? Unless I am misinterpreting what you said.... you are saying I can just do gambit bounties and they will count toward quest progress? If so, that would make this whole thing much easier and quicker to complete.

I believe they're saying that the way the Gambit bounty that tracks wins counts the whole match and not just an individual round, so the Malfeasance quest is presumably the same way.

Need to win the whole match.

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

The gunplay is indeed, the best thing this
game has going for it.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
They way they talked up seasons having lasting effects on the world and bookended by events that lead into the next, Final Assault and the Undying Mind just being Vex Offensive with a slightly different boss is extremely disappointing. Ikora didn't even finish the Vex gate in time for this and I don't think I've seen any ingame changes other than that boss swap, not even any significant dialogue.
The gate actually is finished, it's just not used in the tower.
What actually happens if you pay attention in the VO is that you put down a transmat beacon, it teleports Ikora's gate into the VO and puts it on top of the vex gate the Gatelord normally comes from. It then animated, turns on and pulls the Undying Mind through.
Basically, the idea was never to open the gate in the tower, it's an "add-on" to "hack" the VO vex gate.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
I must had over 100 Opiates and 100 Subjunctives drop, and I STILL can't get the bloody roll I want. Wouldn't be a big deal if I wasn't running out of time on the event...

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Just gimme an Every Waking Moment with Demolitionist, stupid game. Got one more shot at it this week. :(

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I feel empty now. I got my Undying Title but don't feel I have anything to chase but Unbroken Title.

I wish Faction Vendors were a thing, D1 vendors kept me going

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The gate actually is finished, it's just not used in the tower.
What actually happens if you pay attention in the VO is that you put down a transmat beacon, it teleports Ikora's gate into the VO and puts it on top of the vex gate the Gatelord normally comes from. It then animated, turns on and pulls the Undying Mind through.
Basically, the idea was never to open the gate in the tower, it's an "add-on" to "hack" the VO vex gate.

Well that's probably the most anticlimactic resolution to a multi-week build up of a vex gate being built in the Tower.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
What has Season of the Undying been? If you paid for it, you got access to a boring activity, two extremely bad weapons, and two marginally usable weapons, as well as the Eriana's Vow Exotic out of the gate and a neat transmog set for armor.

If you didn't pay for it, you got access to all the Ritual Weapons and the Eriana's Vow Exotic a few weeks after all the paid players got it.

That's supremely underwhelming, given how much there was to do with the previous seasons. Even Season of the Drifter feels more substantial than this. I get that SotU launched alongside Shadowkeep, but I really hope this isn't Bungie's standard for weekly content going forward.

Oct 27, 2017
Well that's probably the most anticlimactic resolution to a multi-week build up of a vex gate being built in the Tower.
Bungie put it on the roadmap and even sent out emails hyping it up...
Bungie said:
Guardians have been battling the Vex invasion throughout the Season. Now, a hidden location has been uncovered and the Final Assault begins. As more Guardians rally to the Moon, the time has come to end the invasion once and for all.

...like it was a big event to culminate the season. Beyond pathetic and a new low basically. The "hidden location" should have been the Undying Mind strike from D1 with new encounters and tuned for 6-player matchmaking. I certainly hope no one there is proud of switching out boss models in Vex Offensive and calling it a day.

Being an indie studio and all now I guess it was too much work to do anything substantial. Plus it's "Year 3" so we shouldn't expect much.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Curse of Osiris >>>>> Season of the Undying

i blame streamers who didn't want anymore campaign story content
Well, the Shadowkeep expansion provided some strory/lore beats so I don't think that's fair but the seasons and how they'll be structured over Year 3 with likely just more mundane basic activities being introduced is concerning when factoring in paid content. Expectations are rather low. The great gunplay and gameplay in general is starting to simply not be enough but it did carry it for 5+ years.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Hell, I'd argue that Year 2 along with Black Armory, Joker's Wild, and Season of Opulencr were better than Shadowkeep/SoTU by far.

They gave us more unique loot

Absolutely 100%. But Luke said that for some reason that content level was too strenuous for them over the course of...a year.

I think the only way Bungie and the players will ever both be happy is with a monthly fee that would pay for substantial monthly content. But even then I don't know how they would do it. How many people are at Bungie and how many extra people would they need to provide more than this?

I think I have Stockholm Syndrome with this game. I'm going to finish my Undying title and then I think it's time to take a break until D3 at least. I have a plenty big backlog that I've been ignoring.

Last edited:

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Stop confusing Shadowkeep with Undying.

Shadowkeep has been great. Yes, it's no Forsaken but it's still pretty damn good.

Season of the Undying has been bland and grindy. It's terrible and makes you skeptical about the next season.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, do half year content injections.

Drop major expansion, do smaller mid year expansion.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Season of Dawn will be worse than CoO. Mark my words

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that Season of The Undying is the most insulting season I ever played Destiny 2 in

Status
Not open for further replies.