• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
FUCKING AMAZING, I got a we ran out of medals in the beginning of the match which puts my team in massive beginning lead and yet my garbage random not even fit to be called trash teammates can't even fucking carry themselves, still lost the match.

I seriously want to strangle those random teammates, I literally carry their ass and still lost. Feels bad man.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Finished with Death Stranding and Fallen Order, going to jump back into D2 today.

Anything I missed over the last few weeks? I haven't properly put time in since DS launched...

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
FUCKING AMAZING, I got a we ran out of medals in the beginning of the match which puts my team in massive beginning lead and yet my garbage random not even fit to be called trash teammates can't even fucking carry themselves, still lost the match.

I seriously want to strangle those random teammates, I literally carry their ass and still lost. Feels bad man.
I love those guys. I call em "Three Lives Left" because they're typically the first person to die at the beginning of a round.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Finished with Death Stranding and Fallen Order, going to jump back into D2 today.

Anything I missed over the last few weeks? I haven't properly put time in since DS launched...
Not much, except finisher glitches; recluse and OEM, nerf announcement (and xenophage buff); end of festival of lost; and more iron banana. Everyone is finishing titles and chilling seems like. Stream for next season this Wednesday or Thursday? I forget. They usually stream Wednesday's though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Not much, except finisher glitches; recluse and OEM, nerf announcement (and xenophage buff); end of festival of lost; and more iron banana. Everyone is finishing titles and chilling seems like. Stream for next season this Wednesday or Thursday? I forget. They usually stream Wednesday's though.
Nice, thanks. I've completed my season pass and was just working on refining builds, so I'll carry on with that for now.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
How did you forgot the superb season finale Vex Offensive Final Assault...?

*speechless*

Dec 11, 2017
Got the title. Managed to pug the 980 nightfall with a few others who just cared about finishing rather than score. Took longer than I would have liked, but now I am done for the season. Thank god.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the best thing to do when you hit the glimmer cap these days? Spider had his material exchange costs changed, IIRC, so that's not the best use of glimmer now right?

Raid Banners, probably?

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I actually got a 1000 dust from a bright engram.

Back in the day, this would have been considered the standard.

I like how these engrams are for getting shit you missed out on in a previous year and I've gotten nothing from them at all. At the very least, repeat exotic cosmetics should not be a thing.

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at 15 out of 150 pulse headshots for redrix. I dont think I'll finish the whole quest this season. Will I have to start at square one next season?

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
Hey—are any of you folks on Stadia? If so, let's add one another because everyone is an unknown there right now and I prefer all of you anyway. It's been great so far on the Chromecast. Laptop was a little laggy. Still, loading into planets and matches is SO quick so it's a little hard to go back to PS4. Anyway, my Stadia name is MrMeowzer. 😁

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What's the best thing to do when you hit the glimmer cap these days? Spider had his material exchange costs changed, IIRC, so that's not the best use of glimmer now right?

Raid Banners, probably?
Buy a bunch of exotic ships or sparrows and store them in your Vault until you need some Glimmer. They used to have to do ones you earned in game, not Eververse ones, but I don't think it matters nowadays, because they don't dismantle into dust. But I always just grab a bunch of "Zavala's Authority" ships when at cap.

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
Momentum Control comes back on Tuesday reset. You'll have a week on easy street (but I don't think that resets, you would have to get to fabled again after the season reset though)
Yeah. Hopefully I can get these kills done. I dont mind doing the ranks I'm at 3 resets right now, but I know I won't make it to the 5 resets part this season.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. Hopefully I can get these kills done. I dont mind doing the ranks I'm at 3 resets right now, but I know I won't make it to the 5 resets part this season.
You have a step that needs you to play 75 games coming, the 5 resets are very quickly doable if you do a good chunck during a double Valor week, but yeah, Redrix is really a multi season quest, instead of jamming it all into 1 season.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
It's hard getting back into this if you have not played since launch. I bought shadowkeep, but it's campaign missions are pretty hard. So I'm just doing random stuff, I have like 20 quests no idea if they are worth doing?

Do I just keep going to PL900 and then the harder stuff?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's hard getting back into this if you have not played since launch. I bought shadowkeep, but it's campaign missions are pretty hard. So I'm just doing random stuff, I have like 20 quests no idea if they are worth doing?

Do I just keep going to PL900 and then the harder stuff?
When did you jump off?

Might be worth going after some older content to get some better weapons that will make things a lot easier.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
When did you jump off?

Might be worth going after some older content to get some better weapons that will make things a lot easier.
1 month after launch or so? I was gearing up for that raid, got to max level I could unless I did the first raid. Never did any of the DLC either. Just the campaign, some strikes and almost a raid :p

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1 month after launch or so? I was gearing up for that raid, got to max level I could unless I did the first raid. Never did any of the DLC either. Just the campaign, some strikes and almost a raid :p
There is the dungeon and Alter of Sorrow gear to go after.

Pinnacle gear in Nightmare hunts and IB.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Made it to Mythic 1 in Competitive finally. Service Revolver is huge for Precision kills going towards Luna's Howl. Now I need to figure out if I should go for Legend before the Season ends or not.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
What can I do if I am a solo player with no shadowkeep(yet). Pwr at 960-962, don't have anything really special except for some exotics(mostly from Xur), trying to spec armor to nade spam and using mostly what I can find for the most part.

My plan was to keep building my guy up until I could do Legend NF but then I just found out today that there is no matchmaking in them......felt the bottom fall out from under me. At this point Im trying to decide if I want to persist with this game/buy shadowkeep as a solo player or just play this game on a more casual basis instead. Thanks.

Also, how the hell do I get back into the Menagerie? I need to get those colored gems, right? I've been playing like 2 days since I last did the activity and none have dropped so far even after using the boost. The boost description does say that if you do one of each activity mentioned you're sure to get one so that means one strike, one gambit and one Crucible game?

The first 2 are fine(...ish) but idk how I feel about dropping into a random crucible game when I know I really don't want to be there and be a wet blanket for the rest of the team.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
What can I do if I am a solo player with no shadowkeep(yet). Pwr at 960-962, don't have anything really special except for some exotics(mostly from Xur), trying to spec armor to nade spam and using mostly what I can find for the most part.

My plan was to keep building my guy up until I could do Legend NF but then I just found out today that there is no matchmaking in them......felt the bottom fall out from under me. At this point Im trying to decide if I want to persist with this game/buy shadowkeep as a solo player or just play this game on a more casual basis instead. Thanks.

Also, how the hell do I get back into the Menagerie? I need to get those colored gems, right? I've been playing like 2 days since I last did the activity and none have dropped so far even after using the boost. The boost description does say that if you do one of each activity mentioned you're sure to get one so that means one strike, one gambit and one Crucible game?

The first 2 are fine(...ish) but idk how I feel about dropping into a random crucible game when I know I really don't want to be there and be a wet blanket for the rest of the team.

for the menagerie boost, do you mean the 4 hours one?

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
You have a step that needs you to play 75 games coming, the 5 resets are very quickly doable if you do a good chunck during a double Valor week, but yeah, Redrix is really a multi season quest, instead of jamming it all into 1 season.

I'm looking at the companion app and I think it implies I have reset my valor 8 times already this season. I need to grind this quest if true. Lol

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking at the companion app and I think it implies I have reset my valor 8 times already this season. I need to grind this quest if true. Lol

There's a crucible triumph called "right back at it" or something like that which shows how many resets you've done in one season and it maxes at 5 for the triumph.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the best way to go about getting 100k in nightfall the ordeal? Been doing the highest match making version of it and highest I reach is around 80-low 90k. Was a bummer since a few weeks ago on the first week I gave it a try it was all 100k+ and I just thought that was how it went. I assume I've got to go outside of matchmaking for some consistency.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the best way to go about getting 100k in nightfall the ordeal? Been doing the highest match making version of it and highest I reach is around 80-low 90k. Was a bummer since a few weeks ago on the first week I gave it a try it was all 100k+ and I just thought that was how it went. I assume I've got to go outside of matchmaking for some consistency.

Yea you need to do the 950 version or higher to get to 100k. They tuned the scoring so that you can't get 100k with the matchmade versions. The good news is that, assuming close to the recommended level, it's very easy to get over a 100k at 950 and virtually impossible not to at 980.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
You can hit 100k on the 920 you just need to be quick and stretch out the final fight so all the enemies spawn up

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I know it's not impossible, since like I said, it was all I did (aside from one 99920 run) on savathun's song [Edit: just checked and it was Strange Terrain]
a couple of weeks ago. Was hoping I was missing something that was going on like people not wanting to kill all the adds. How much does speed contribute to the score?

Or I should just stop desperately trying to avoid non matchmaking stuff.

Last edited:

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
If you get a group together who all know what they're doing you can get it done in one run. If you keep trying matchmaking, it may never happen.

Oct 25, 2017
Dreaming City is gorgeous, and full of cool secrets and it's such an absolute pain in the ass to get around in that I hate going there.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
If I've purchased the seasons pass on one platform, do I have to buy it again on another?

Like, I know I have to buy the Shadowkeep expansion again, but if I have the DDE that has all the seasons passes included on Xbox, does that transfer across platforms?

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
No thanks. I'm not in the mood to tear my teeth out

Sniping is on point even in COD.

gfdgdfgdf.gif

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Finished my Undying title, the Vanguard stuff was a bit annoying but I got through it. I have no other goals to chase this season, so can't wait for season of dawn.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
If you have multiple characters of the same type, can you get raid loot for all of them per reset?

Or can you only yet loot once per character type per reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.