• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is the max power level expected to increase in the next season, or will it stay at 960?

D2_Season_of_dawn_Reveal_Stream.jpg

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am expecting Season of Dawn to be centered around Eververse again.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It will center around something that will inevitably disappoint regardless.

I assume it's going to be about the Vex again, given the whole "we want the whole story to connect and build up to something bigger and stuff and shit, myeh see" approach Bungo claims to be doing. With the Vex you also get to reuse the most assets as well. Throw around a bunch of blocky environment shit that we've seen since D1 and call it new.

You can't fool me, Bungo. I see the way this all works.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I am going through the Truth exotic quest and I have a bounty that says I need to complete 3 Nightfalls with a handicap of 100.

I was able to set my Five of Swords to 100 handicap....Will this work with the normal Nightfall Ordeal playlist where I can matchmake or do I need to find an actual group of people to play with.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
krafty, lupo and bw are going to bungie? trials is even more likely now

I still play on console but the amount of videos I see regarding aim bots, wall hacks, infinite lives etc on PC I would be surprised if trials comes back in the current state PvP is in.

I also feel were going back to the infinite forest and Osiris will make a return

Oct 25, 2017
I am going through the Truth exotic quest and I have a bounty that says I need to complete 3 Nightfalls with a handicap of 100.

I was able to set my Five of Swords to 100 handicap....Will this work with the normal Nightfall Ordeal playlist where I can matchmake or do I need to find an actual group of people to play with.

I was trying to do it this weekend, and the little challenge tag icon didn't pop up on the ordeal ones so I think you have to do it with people. I didn't matchmake with anyone on the normal list and couldn't make much progress solo.

If you're on PS, and can't wait until like 6 PM PST, I can help out.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I was trying to do it this weekend, and the little challenge tag icon didn't pop up on the ordeal ones so I think you have to do it with people. I didn't matchmake with anyone on the normal list and couldn't make much progress solo.

If you're on PS, and can't wait until like 6 PM PST, I can help out.

on PC, but thanks.

Not a fan of quests that require this kind of LFG progress. Thorn, Whisper, Lumina, Malfeasancewere pretty easy because people look for them. Can;t say I've seen a single LFG post on discord asking for Truth exotic.

I feel like this one is going to take a while to find a group for...

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017

I went back to Pentra and got a different map piece quest that I had already done and it counted.

Jan 2, 2018
So I attempted the 980 Nightfall with a couple of friends and we couldn't even get past the first champion. :(

Any one or two of you feeling charitable enough to help carry me? My Titan is 965 and I have a variety of weapons options to run.

Oct 25, 2017
on PC, but thanks.

Not a fan of quests that require this kind of LFG progress. Thorn, Whisper, Lumina, Malfeasance were pretty easy because people look for them. Can;t say I've seen a single LFG post on discord asking for Truth exotic.

I feel like this one is going to take a while to find a group for...

You can try to trick people that are looking to farm the exclusive nightfall drops. That might work.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
There will be a new activity with reskinned weapons and a new set of armor that looks dope at first until you do it 3 times. but no worries we will able to re-grind EP
They will double down on pinnacle rewards, the illusion of builds, useless loops (like nightmares) as endgame.
I'm sure their data will show how many few people bothered with the 3 pinnacle weapons and seasonal seal so they'll do something. or at least I hope
We will get Rusted Lands.
Cookies and Silver.
Also I'm willing to bet the grind for the season pass will be increased.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you want the Death By Scorn sidearm, its a drop you can only get from Tangled Shore heroics.

Get in there before reset

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018
I didn't bother with the Sunshot catalyst during faction rallies. Shame on me.

Does it... actually drop? Anywhere? I'd wager it's piss poor RNG, but I don't know that it actually exists at this point.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished undying.

Unless they tone down the seasonal requirements for a seasonal title, that's the last one I'll do.

All my free time, which has decreased this season, went into that stupid title, I couldn't really do anything else because I wanted that Title.

Oct 25, 2017
I have heard that buying levels for the season pass thing is in and it costs 100 silver for a level.

is that true because that sounds kinda pricey tbh D:

Oct 25, 2017
There is absolutely no need to buy levels with the current rate u gain levels. I don't pick up every bounty, don't play every day and I'm at lvl 124.

I completely agree as i'm at level 152 and along with not going as hard with the bounties while going for level 100 i was out of the game for like 3 weeks.

But for the person who just doesn't have the time the pricing seems like a hard sell.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So I got lucky and had anarchy drop for me, I can't really find a situation to use it in though....

Can the weapon be used for any sort of the current meta?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually pretty good for damage. Apply a few stickies and swap to another gun (sniper, mountaintop, etc) and do more damage on top of your Anarchy. I use it a lot. It's fun to use during public events like EP or Altars as well.

Oct 28, 2017
So I got lucky and had anarchy drop for me, I can't really find a situation to use it in though....

Can be used to somewhat cheese 3rd fight of Crown of Sorrow. Also lets you very easily solo the last fight in Pit of Heresy, help you get the solo flawless. Does pretty nice damage otherwise if you learn to chain em up, and you can draw shit on the ground with the lightning between nades.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Can be used to somewhat cheese 3rd fight of Crown of Sorrow. Also lets you very easily solo the last fight in Pit of Heresy, help you get the solo flawless. Does pretty nice damage otherwise if you learn to chain em up, and you can draw shit on the ground with the lightning between nades.

Good to know, thanks.

I found that the grenades from anarchy do not last very long, or at least in my experience.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing with headphones for a change, and I caught an NPC banter in the tower "do you think they'll ever bring back sparrow racing?"

Has that line always been in the game? Did I hallucinate it while drunk?

tenor.gif

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017

Great for the Ordeal Nightfalls against Barrier Champions. U stick some on them before they try to regen their health, switch to a weapon with an anti-barrier mod and ur lightning from Anarchy does damage against their shields too.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grinded like hell to get to what I thought to be the end of the Eriana's Vow Catalyst quest and now I find out I need 500 kills with it to actually get the catalyst? lol this sucks. If this is the way things continue to go, I'd rather just have them drop via RNG. What a waste of time.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Grinded like hell to get to what I thought to be the end of the Eriana's Vow Catalyst quest and now I find out I need 500 kills with it to actually get the catalyst? lol this sucks. If this is the way things continue to go, I'd rather just have them drop via RNG. What a waste of time.

At this point I'm going to wait the three seasons for them to make the catalyst quest less grindy rather than play ~25 more Gambit Prime matches for it.

ILPRT

Apr 5, 2019
I still play on console but the amount of videos I see regarding aim bots, wall hacks, infinite lives etc on PC I would be surprised if trials comes back in the current state PvP is in.

I also feel were going back to the infinite forest and Osiris will make a return
I just need Osiris with a greater payoff then COO and Ttials to return in D1 elimination form (boons, etc) and im a happy man. Dedicated servers is the real win but i doubt we get them until D3

Status
Not open for further replies.