• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I was playing with headphones for a change, and I caught an NPC banter in the tower "do you think they'll ever bring back sparrow racing?"

Has that line always been in the game? Did I hallucinate it while drunk?

tenor.gif
Thought it might have been "The Dawning" activity last year so maybe it will be here in Year 3. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it's their new 6-player matchmaking activity for the season. I could go for some SRL, they should do it right though, meaning at least like 6 tracks and different types of racing such as Elimination, some kind of team racing, and most importantly a combat version with power pickups on the track.

I'm dreaming, I know, Bungie would never go all out with anything. Just another meaningless title so you can repeat mundane activities over and over with exciting wrinkles like use a different weapon type and get X amount of kills...exciting stuff...rinse and repeat.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
Grinded like hell to get to what I thought to be the end of the Eriana's Vow Catalyst quest and now I find out I need 500 kills with it to actually get the catalyst? lol this sucks. If this is the way things continue to go, I'd rather just have them drop via RNG. What a waste of time.
When it comes to kills for a catalyst I use my Hunter with Orpheus Rigs and top tree void; I go to the wish wall in LW raid, teleport to Shuro Chi with raid banners, tether and kill enemies, kill myself, rinse and repeat. You'll be done in 20 minutes.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If your postmaster is full as well as your inventory of enhancement prisms you will only get a shard or an exotic.

I imagine if you fill up your shards and prisms you'll get just exotics.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
If I open Nostalgic Engrams on one character, does that preclude my chances of getting exotic ornaments for another character? I main my Lock these days, but I want the Daft Punk Titan helmet

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
What can I do if I am a solo player

Find others to play with/do whatever appeals?

Also, how the hell do I get back into the Menagerie? I need to get those colored gems, right? I've been playing like 2 days since I last did the activity and none have dropped so far even after using the boost. The boost description does say that if you do one of each activity mentioned you're sure to get one so that means one strike, one gambit and one Crucible game?

Runefinder just increases the odds of runes dropping in those activities, not that you are guaranteed runes by doing one of each (and doesn't say that, unless it's changed in the game but not the API). Do rune drops still show up in the loot feed? or do they just silently go into your chalice? I have also noticed not seeing any runes drop this season but I had a ton of them so have no idea if I am getting more or not.

The first 2 are fine(...ish) but idk how I feel about dropping into a random crucible game when I know I really don't want to be there and be a wet blanket for the rest of the team.

Don't play it if you don't want, but once you've played some PvP in a SBMM playlist (all except Classic Mix), you should be in lobbies full of players around your skill level.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When it comes to kills for a catalyst I use my Hunter with Orpheus Rigs and top tree void; I go to the wish wall in LW raid, teleport to Shuro Chi with raid banners, tether and kill enemies, kill myself, rinse and repeat. You'll be done in 20 minutes.
While I appreciate this tip, I'm tired of this being the solution to so many Catalyst tasks. For EV and Izanagi, to give 2 examples, I wish this wasn't the solution. For EV why not ask players to get precision kills with Death at First Glance? Same for Izanagi with Honed Edge? Make me do less busywork but focus more on teaching and harnessing the innate perk of the Exotic weapon when going for the Catalyst.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Great for the Ordeal Nightfalls against Barrier Champions. U stick some on them before they try to regen their health, switch to a weapon with an anti-barrier mod and ur lightning from Anarchy does damage against their shields too.

That sounds great haha.

I must admit I'm not 100% sure on how to use this thing... do the grenades actually stick to targets? I thought I had to lay traps on the ground/walls and force a target to walk into it. The mag holds 6 grenades, but I imagine I may only need 2-3 at a time and not have to shoot out all 6 anarchy grenades...

demi

Oct 27, 2017
You can do both. Why don't you just use it in some Strikes or Patrol and mess around with it? The world is your sandbox

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Grinded like hell to get to what I thought to be the end of the Eriana's Vow Catalyst quest and now I find out I need 500 kills with it to actually get the catalyst? lol this sucks. If this is the way things continue to go, I'd rather just have them drop via RNG. What a waste of time.

altar of sorrows plus hand cannon scavenger

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone who hasn't done the new raid yet interested in a newbie friendly run this week? Either Wed or Thursday evening (GMT times)?

Let me know and I'll throw one together, I have a friend who wants to try it.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Possible to complete 980 Nightmare/Ordeals at 967?
As Bold One said, very possible but you need to ensure your team has elemental coverage for Match Game, Supers that increase survivability+DPS or crowd control, and the correct Champion mods equipped. Get ready to focus fire and team shoot the shit out of Champions or die trying.

Also: strongly consider using the high cost Seasonal Mods, like the one that adds a weakening effect to your Void Grenades.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
While I appreciate this tip, I'm tired of this being the solution to so many Catalyst tasks. For EV and Izanagi, to give 2 examples, I wish this wasn't the solution. For EV why not ask players to get precision kills with Death at First Glance? Same for Izanagi with Honed Edge? Make me do less busywork but focus more on teaching and harnessing the innate perk of the Exotic weapon when going for the Catalyst.
I absolutely agree. I wish Bungie was more creative with the grinding process; it gets tiresome.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
All the nightmares are up too if you were interested in the Harbinger title. They're pretty easy if you're at that 980 delta (971+) but they are all doable below that otherwise.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like the perfect excuse to finally re-use wasted assets like The Almighty. Wonder if they actually will.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't buy the deluxe version of Shadowkeep so I still need to buy the next season passes. Is silver really the only way? I have 800 left because I accidentally used it for a prismatic thing early on by mistake.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You've all fooled yourselves into excitement. Your precious sundial will prove only to disappoint when Undying Mind reveals itself once again at the end of the season like this:

antm-model-black-door-open-gif-6045746.gif

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't buy the deluxe version of Shadowkeep so I still need to buy the next season passes. Is silver really the only way? I have 800 left because I accidentally used it for a prismatic thing early on by mistake.

HOW DO I BUY THE SEASON PASS?
Any purchase of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep comes with the currently active Season Pass. A standalone Season Pass may also be purchased in-game for 1000 Silver. The Collector's and Digital Deluxe Editions of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep both include four Season Passes.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
mercury isnt the flashpoint, again. so theres no way for me to get wayfarer, again.

and pretty sure this is 2nd time in shadowkeep for io. so they literally just ignore mercury now and theres no way to get wayferer if youre missing that step.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
You've all fooled yourselves into excitement. Your precious sundial will prove only to disappoint when Undying Mind reveals itself once again at the end of the season like this:

antm-model-black-door-open-gif-6045746.gif
Omg, that gif is perfect lol.
HOW DO I BUY THE SEASON PASS?
Any purchase of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep comes with the currently active Season Pass. A standalone Season Pass may also be purchased in-game for 1000 Silver. The Collector's and Digital Deluxe Editions of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep both include four Season Passes.
Thanks, that's what I feared.

Status
Not open for further replies.