• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Good!!
It was well worth my friends reactions when we stepped into certain areas and instantly got transported to some of our best video game memories of the last 10 years.
If you want to relive your memories of old areas, Destiny 1 is still online and very much playable with friends. There's a great deal of people who would rather have new areas in the sequel, especially for over half the price of the full game.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
If you want to relive your memories of old areas, Destiny 1 is still online and very much playable with friends. There's a great deal of people who would rather have new areas in the sequel, especially for over half the price of the full game.
How about no
There are tons of new areas, have you been to the Vex Offensive? No? Ok

Have you been in the new raid? No? Ok
Did you do the 8 or 10 ascendant challenges from Forsaken?
Have you done shattered Throne? Been to the dreaming city?

New Dungeon? No? Ok but that's alright neither have I because it's not out yet but the difference is I actually have destiny installed and you probaby haven't played it in 4-5 years? Maybe for two months when Destiny 2 came out?

Are you one of those strange "destiny should have space battles like asteroids" types? You want a single player focused game with a 30 hour cinematic

Have you run the menagerie? Crafted weapons?

If I looked up your guardian am I going to see you haven't done anything in this game besides beat the red war campaign?

The game is not made for this so called great deal of people (reviewers included) and I hope it never is. It's not worth sacrificing your playerbase for 90+ metacritic scores. Those people are not playing the game past week one.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
How about no

New Dungeon? No? Ok but that's alright neither have I because it's not out yet but the difference is I actually have destiny installed and you probaby haven't played it in 4-5 years? Maybe for two months when Destiny 2 came out?

Are you one of those strange "destiny should have space battles like asteroids" types? You want a single player focused game with a 30 hour cinematic

If I looked up your guardian am I going to see you haven't done anything in this game besides beat the red war campaign?

The game is not made for this so called great deal of people (reviewers included) and I hope it never is. It's not worth sacrificing your playerbase for 90+ metacritic scores. Those people are not playing the game past week one.

Your post comes off hostile...but i actually agree with you.
As someone who dipped in and out and felt like it wasnt for me then had it all click multiple times and saw where it shines...yeah destiny 2 is the best its ever been and the only thing holding some people back from truly seeing it shine is themselves and their varying levels of commitment to the game.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
What really killed my motivation to get this expansion is that apparently the world/vendor drops are still the same as vanilla D2. I'm just SO tired of seeing that same gear after 2 years of playing the game.

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of new world drops are a drag and the campaign was too short but for me it's too early to judge the loop of this expansion so far as they're doing the whole season pass thing. Getting up to the vex offensive/getting moon guns made me like it more if they add more stuff it could be great

USUF

Nov 2, 2017
This is the Destiny holding pattern.

Base game, (standard)
The next year's major expansion (huge)
Year 3 (smaller with Qol changes)
Very much this.

The changes to gameplay loop brought in the 2nd expansion were so significant that you still feel their influence today, and that's definitely not a bad thing.

Content wise, the game, heck, the franchise, has never seen such a beautiful time. I'm loving it.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
How about no

This post is a perfect example of the absurd extent to which people get defensive over this game. Wew buddy!

Funny thing is, new areas benefit literally everyone, because they're new to everyone. You are literally fighting against your own interests in an effort to... do what, exactly? Convince me? Yourself? This sure is a doozy.

You seem interested in my history as a Destiny player, though, so I'll humor you.

I have well over three thousand hours played across Destiny 1 and 2. 200+ raid completions across both games, dozens upon dozens of flawless Lighthouse runs. At my peak interest in the series, I maintained a 2.8 K/D in Crucible, and ascended to the #1 Skirmish spot on guardian.gg, back during The Taken King era. That's not even going into me being in the top 50 for Rumble during that same timeframe. Then there's some other choice milestones to take note of, like being in the top 1000 for DTR score, ranked #748 for kills, and #99 for precision kills.

Don't believe me about any of that? Check for yourself.

Is that enough arbitrary cred for you that proves I'm not, as you say, a player who wishes Destiny had space battles and a single player focus, with 30 hours of cutscenes? What a nonsensical thing to pull out of thin air. No, the fact of the matter is, I was utterly obsessed with this game, and just as passionate as you about it, if not more. Your gatekeeping shenanigans won't ever change that.

"Oh, but Aurc, all that stuff you mentioned is old and in the past!" Yeah, because everyone has to put their foot down and say "no more" at some point. You expect me to maintain that same level of enthusiasm and obsession today? To answer a few of your questions about the new content, no, I haven't played it, because I didn't buy Shadowkeep. Y'know that saying, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"...? Who am I kidding, we all know it. How many times has Bungie fooled the collective playerbase, at this point? I've lost count...

I'll come back to Destiny when it gets good again. I mean real good, not half-good, or "good compared to Curse of Osiris", or "good for a late-game, mid-tier expansion pack". That's not the Destiny I live for. The fact that I can't even criticize what seems to be a middling expansion without getting this tier of hostile response is laughable.

Jamiaro

Jan 8, 2018
Finland
It's good that this is reviewed now. For someone on the fence about buying this, it's good to know that you can wait for a couple of weeks/months for more content and see it goes from there.

As an example, these reviews convinced me to wait.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
Absolutely loving Shadowkeep at the moment. It's the first game in awhile that's drawn me in to this extent. I spent almost the entire day today playing and I couldn't be happier that a game compelled me to do that. Destiny has always, always had amazing gunplay and movement. All they need to do is wrap cool weapons and things to do around that and the game is all good. With Shadowkeep, the game is all good, there is a ton of great stuff to do.

The reviews thus far are surprisingly low and, as someone who does care about reviews, I find that interesting, but at the same time, different people get vastly different things out of games like these. For me, first and foremost, all that matters is if a game feels good to play, and Destiny has always felt wonderful to play!

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Comparisons to ffxiv are a bit crazy to be. Didn't shadow keepeers take like 3 years to make, while on a subscribtion?

I mean shadow keep was made in so little time and the game is transitioning to a mmo. The road map to shadow keep looks exciting. I could understand why reviews for first 4 days would paint a bleak picture but I thought it was pretty obvious by now that destiny is about the marathon and not the sprint.

The road map is only for november too, I'm super excited to see what the next season is about. Super excited to see what the rest of this season is about.

But I can also agree that this not forsaken, which a more robust story.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
It's good that this is reviewed now. For someone on the fence about buying this, it's good to know that you can wait for a couple of weeks/months for more content and see it goes from there.

As an example, these reviews convinced me to wait.

Have you enjoyed Destiny in the past? If you have you'll love Shadowkeep.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Aurc doing their thing of openly whining about the current DestinyEra community, playing the persecuted victim and then being 'surprised' when people are curt with them.

"Lol, the community hates me because I tell it how it is"
"Oh no look how defensive the community is now I've dared to criticize their favourite game"

Barely indistinguishable each time at this stage 🙄

I'll come back to Destiny when it gets good again. I mean real good, not half-good, or "good compared to Curse of Osiris", or "good for a late-game, mid-tier expansion pack". .
You skipped Forsaken - the expansion widely lauded and given a 9 by Edge. So I doubt the sincerity in this.

Destiny obviously isn't for you anymore if the best it's ever been - critically and to the fans - was something you remained wholly oblivious to you as you began slating its next announcement.
  • Ignores the widely praised expansion completely
  • Doesn't know the major changes and is oblivious to there even being a whole new race months later
  • Still criticizes the latest expansion when it's announced and why it's bad for Destiny, while still not knowing anything about what had changed in the last one
  • Doesn't engage with the game for a year
  • Still bemoans Destiny in almost every Destiny related thread through that year
DestinyEra people aren't tired of you because you have lukewarm takes about the game that you can find on the Reddit homepage at any given time. It's that you keep posting like everyone hasn't already cottoned on to the above.

Last edited:

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Aurc doing their thing of openly whining about the current DestinyEra community, playing the persecuted victim and then being 'surprised' when people are curt with them.

You skipped Forsaken - the expansion widely lauded and given a 9 by Edge. So I doubt the sincerity in this.

You barely were even aware of the content it had, oblivious to the fact there was an entire new race added, when you decided to bemoan Shadowkeep right after the announcement.

It's abundantly clear you've found more entertainment in trolling Destiny threads, provoking the community and collapsing into the victim when called out, than you do from the game. Why you pretend that isn't the case when it's pointed out almost every single time is beyond me.
Show me a single line, paragraph, or passage where I played the victim.

Pointing out that a response was hostile isn't playing the victim. I don't view this as victim and perpetrator, unlike you. I don't make this personal, others do. I'm criticizing a game, you're criticizing an individual. You can keep doing that for as long as you want if you so desire, but it won't deter me. There is no intent to troll here, and if you take it as such, that's your own issue. Stop viewing things through the lens of "hardcore Destiny player" as if it's some kind of identity, and realize I've played this franchise and gotten further in it than most people ever will. I deserve my say in it as much as you do, whether you like it or not. "Collapsing into a victim" would mean going away and boohooing somewhere... instead, I continue to respond to everyone willing to have a discussion about these things. I fail to see where I've yielded. I'm still here.

Oh, and my bemoaning of Shadowkeep? Yeah, as I said earlier in this thread, the Moon being a rehash is frequently cited in the reviews giving the game a 6, so it looks like I was right to be wary. I somehow doubt you'll take this beef to those reviewers over me.

Kliemie

Oct 26, 2017
I love Destiny threads.
Always the same 5 people praising, criticizing and arguing with each other.

On topic: As a veteran, decided to go f2p for now and looking at the reviews, im happy i did. At some point ill get the dlc, but lets see what else bungie will add in the coming weeks/months

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Someone probably already said this by now, but are you playing on another account than you bought the game on? I had to buy this season separately since I originally bought d2 on another account on my ps4. It is now account bound, so it doesn't transfer over. It wasn't a problem up until shadowkeep.
Yeah. After doing some investigation this is the issue. I bought destiny 2 on my US account way back, and have continued to buy the expansions there while playing on my EU account. Seems they changed it now so this no longer works.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
User Warned: Hostility
This post is a perfect example of the absurd extent to which people get defensive over this game. Wew buddy!

Funny thing is, new areas benefit literally everyone, because they're new to everyone. You are literally fighting against your own interests in an effort to... do what, exactly? Convince me? Yourself? This sure is a doozy.

You seem interested in my history as a Destiny player, though, so I'll humor you.

I have well over three thousand hours played across Destiny 1 and 2. 200+ raid completions across both games, dozens upon dozens of flawless Lighthouse runs. At my peak interest in the series, I maintained a 2.8 K/D in Crucible, and ascended to the #1 Skirmish spot on guardian.gg, back during The Taken King era. That's not even going into me being in the top 50 for Rumble during that same timeframe. Then there's some other choice milestones to take note of, like being in the top 1000 for DTR score, ranked #748 for kills, and #99 for precision kills.

Is that enough arbitrary cred for you that proves I'm not, as you say, a player who wishes Destiny had space battles and a single player focus, with 30 hours of cutscenes? What a nonsensical thing to pull out of thin air. No, the fact of the matter is, I was utterly obsessed with this game, and just as passionate as you about it, if not more. Your gatekeeping shenanigans won't ever change that.

"Oh, but Aurc, all that stuff you mentioned is old and in the past!" Yeah, because everyone has to put their foot down and say "no more" at some point. You expect me to maintain that same level of enthusiasm and obsession today? To answer a few of your questions about the new content, no, I haven't played it, because I didn't buy Shadowkeep. Y'know that saying, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"...? Who am I kidding, we all know it. How many times has Bungie fooled the collective playerbase, at this point? I've lost count...

I'll come back to Destiny when it gets good again. I mean real good, not half-good, or "good compared to Curse of Osiris", or "good for a late-game, mid-tier expansion pack". That's not the Destiny I live for. The fact that I can't even criticize what seems to be a middling expansion without getting this tier of hostile response is laughable.

I'm a Destiny fan boy and I can admit that, when a game keeps over delivering on content in just 5 days compared to what they did in a 2 year stretch in the first game...it's hard not to.

Ok....so I apologize for confusing you with every other troll that hates this game yet can't help themselves to come into every destiny thread to make it all about them. I'm very very sorry. You just....all sound the same/look the same to me.

With that said, the current Destiny (and has been since forsaken) is much better than any iteration of the Destiny you fell in love with in the past so it boggles my mind how you can spend so much time on this forum complaining about it, with out giving it a shot. Is it a money issue? Do I need to gift you this game and save the community the headache you cause in every thread for a game you no longer play. Because you're going to play it and just fall in love with it again.

I mean you just played PvP 6 hours ago? You're whole problem seems to stem from PvP? You played 15 matches over the course of the last year. Why don't you just do the shadowkeep stuff and enjoy yourself a little bit.

Last edited:

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Destiny will continue to add more for the people who already invested into it. It is what it is at this point. You can't please everyone. But there are enough content for all types of gamers.

Jan 10, 2018
The DLC was enough to bring me back from a year long break. I'm already planning my endgame and having lots of fun. But I'm also part of a big clan with lots of great people so this helps to create a very enjoyable experience.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Your post comes off hostile...but i actually agree with you.
As someone who dipped in and out and felt like it wasnt for me then had it all click multiple times and saw where it shines...yeah destiny 2 is the best its ever been and the only thing holding some people back from truly seeing it shine is themselves and their varying levels of commitment to the game.
I mean, everyone deals with nonsense differently, I didn't mean to come across hostile, it's just the way I talk. Agitated perhaps.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

I have seldom seen a post just absolutely DISMANTLE another user like this one.
this isn't even /r/murderedbywords this is like /r/obliteratedfromexistencebywords
PHEW

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
I love Destiny threads.
Always the same 5 people praising, criticizing and arguing with each other.

On topic: As a veteran, decided to go f2p for now and looking at the reviews, im happy i did. At some point ill get the dlc, but lets see what else bungie will add in the coming weeks/months
That is going to be my approach as well: go f2p, since even with all the concerns i have, it is still a good game to play with you brain shut off from time to time, and buy something in the future if i feel like it.

Also, the persecution complex regarding destiny is getting fucking weird. Apparently now you have to show how many hours you played to be able to criticise the game.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. After doing some investigation this is the issue. I bought destiny 2 on my US account way back, and have continued to buy the expansions there while playing on my EU account. Seems they changed it now so this no longer works.
There you go. Same here. Just be glad you didn't buy the special edition, or you'd be out 30 bucks. If it's possible to keep all my preorder bonuses and such i'll probably buy it on my main accoubt by the time the next big expansion rolls around.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Also, the persecution complex regarding destiny is getting fucking weird. Apparently now you have to show how many hours you played to be able to criticise the game.
Don't go blaming the whole community for one person (me) not being able to tell the difference between a disgruntled former destiny player and a 5 year onslaught of non stop driveby shit posters.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
There you go. Same here. When i bought D2 the dollar was so low it was worth it. Just be glad you didn't buy the special edition, or you'd be out 30 bucks. If it's possible to keep all my preorder bonuses and such i'll probably buy it on my main accoubt by the time the next big expansion rolls around.
So what can't be shared, Shadowkeep or the season pass?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a Destiny fan boy and I can admit that, when a game keeps over delivering on content in just 5 days compared to what they did in a 2 year stretch in the first game...it's hard not to.

Ok....so I apologize for confusing you with every other troll that hates this game yet can't help themselves to come into every destiny thread to make it all about them. I'm very very sorry. You just....all sound the same/look the same to me.

With that said, the current Destiny (and has been since forsaken) is much better than any iteration of the Destiny you fell in love with in the past so it boggles my mind how you can spend so much time on this forum complaining about it, with out giving it a shot. Is it a money issue? Do I need to gift you this game and save the community the headache you cause in every thread for a game you no longer play. Because you're going to play it and just fall in love with it again.

I mean you just played PvP 6 hours ago? You're whole problem seems to stem from PvP? You played 15 matches over the course of the last year. Why don't you just do the shadowkeep stuff and enjoy yourself a little bit.
It's not a monetary issue. $35 is a reasonable sum, and perfectly within range of most people's gaming budget, including mine. If you're being sincere, it's kind of you to offer that gesture, but money's got nothing to do with it.

Look... if you really feel that I give the community such a headache, I'll dial my presence back. As much as it may seem like it, I don't want you guys to stop enjoying the game. I know how much fun it can be, the pull that it can have. I just wish you were more tolerant of these often harsh criticisms.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
So what can't be shared, Shadowkeep or the season pass?
The season pass. Shadowkeep itself and the preorder bonuses works. Basically anything that you download works, and before this the season pass was a download. But from now on the seasons are bought with silver, so it's account bound.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Don't go blaming the whole community for one person (me) not being able to tell the difference between a disgruntled former destiny player and a 5 year onslaught of non stop driveby shit posters.
I'm not blaming the community as a whole, hell, i'm not even blaming you (you actually apologized).

Just commenting on how i see the whole destiny discussion nowadays regarding some legit concerns and critisims being dismissed, as a veteran player.

But that would be for another thread.
Season passes are now in game unlocks so can't be shared, the expansion itself is fine.
The season pass. Shadowkeep itself and the preorder bonuses works. Basically anything that you download works, and before this the season pass was a download. But from now on the seasons are bought with silver, so it's account bound.
Ok, thank you.

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm very much enjoying the new expansion, it does have shortcomings. One being the campaign, but I assume that is ongoing with the season pass. No new world loot or anything is a huge bummer.

But again, it's pretty simple. If you enjoy Destiny, you'll enjoy the new expansion. I've over 1000 hours in it now, so it was a no brainer for me.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not just Destiny tho. Talking about some particular games series on this place ends up in similar fashion. It might not be played time but it's like "oh well I played every game in the series so my opinion matters more".

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It's not a monetary issue. $35 is a reasonable sum, and perfectly within range of most people's gaming budget, including mine. If you're being sincere, it's kind of you to offer that gesture, but money's got nothing to do with it.

Look... if you really feel that I give the community such a headache, I'll dial my presence back. As much as it may seem like it, I don't want you guys to stop enjoying the game. I know how much fun it can be, the pull that it can have. I just wish you were more tolerant of these often harsh criticisms.
I was absolutely being sincere. I would even play the game with you because I need to see what you're talking about that sets you off on this campaign to hate on the game. I wouldn't like attack you or anything for a differing opinions, I just want to see what you see.

I mean maybe that's just you, ya know? You see re-used assets and I see good memories.

For example I was completely disoriented when i got to the moon. I put a thousand something hours into d1, i lived on the moon but i still felt like

"Wait where am i, why doesn't this look familiar" and then every now and then I'll be like "oh shit, that's the starting area!"

Like even after playing 50+ hours the last six days, if you told me "go to the temple of Crota"

i still wouldn't know the right way to get there because the orientation is different.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
For example I was completely disoriented when i got to the moon. I put a thousand something hours into d1, i lived on the moon but i still felt like

"Wait where am i, why doesn't this look familiar" and then every now and then I'll be like "oh shit, that's the starting area!"

Like even after playing 50+ hours the last six days, if you told me "go to the temple of Crota"

i still wouldn't know the right way to get there because the orientation is different.
Funnily enough, in my case i was able to go to the place that contained Crota's crystal, to the Summoning pits and to the Blighted Chalice just by memory (i actually needed help with the first one).

It was fun to see some enemies spawn in the same places as in D1.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Funnily enough, in my case i was able to go to the place that contained Crota's crystal, to the Summoning pits and to the Blighted Chalice just by memory (i actually needed help with the first one).

It was fun to see some enemies spawn in the same places as in D1.
Wasn't Crota's crystal in a ascendant realm? Jumping down to the very bottom of the hell mouth?

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't Crota's crystal in a ascendant realm? Jumping down to the very bottom of the hell mouth?
Not that i remember (did we even know about ascendant realms back then?), and it was on the Chamber of Night. And yes, you go there through Hellmouth, then to the right side of the Circle of Bones and through the World's Grave.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Not that i remember (did we even know about ascendant realms back then?), and it was on the Chamber of Night. And yes, you go there through Hellmouth, then to the right side of the Circle of Bones and through the World's Grave.

Ohhhhh yeah that room has a unstoppable ogre now. I thought you meant the room we see on the ship, where we fought Crota with the giant oversoul crystal in the background.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
1) Not all content is available yet
2) How many of these people played the raid or even managed to get to the last boss, lol

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
If you want to relive your memories of old areas, Destiny 1 is still online and very much playable with friends. There's a great deal of people who would rather have new areas in the sequel

And there's a great deal of people who wanted to revisit an old destination to see how it has changed over the years.

Sucks for those who don't. Thankfully, they have literally every other Destiny release for that.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I love the fact we went back to the moon, been wanting them to add this in a DLC forever. It's actually a blast going back to previous areas, this is easily my favorite patrol area in the game now.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
1) Not all content is available yet
2) How many of these people played the raid or even managed to get to the last boss, lol
These are reviews of Shadowkeep. Not Shadowkeep plus future paid DLCs. Anyone who thinks it isn't fair to review what Bungie is selling as a packaged release right now is out of their damn minds.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Structurally and gameplay-wise I love almost everything about Shadowkeep, but the Campaign is absolutely its weakest aspect and reminded me more of The Dark Below & House of Wolves than Forsaken or Taken King.

It's an old area full of old, reskinned bosses. That would be fine as a triumphant, nostalgic celebration at the 10-year-anniversary or something, but with a game series that is only 5 years old and that had such HUGE problems already with recycled content in the past this seems like a really lackluster return to form in the worst possible way. The whole "Nightmare" aspect of the plot seems extremely arbitrary and is an extremely flimsy excuse for all the re-use of old assets & bosses.

Especially considering that Forsaken only cost 5$ more on release with SO MUCH more production value and effort put into its campaign, Shadowkeep just can't really compete.

I'm absolutely OK with this for now, though. If this, however, is how it's going to be from here on out, I'll probably lose interest fast.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Ohhhhh yeah that room has a unstoppable ogre now. I thought you meant the room we see on the ship, where we fought Crota with the giant oversoul crystal in the background.
That would be Crota's End, which i don't think it is accessible.

And yep, there is an annoying ogre in there and an unstoppable minotaur in Pogoth's room.

Deleted member 8784

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing is upsetting me more than the "Go and middle about" quests that are interspersed throughout the Shadowkeep campaign. Cleansing an 'Essence of Anguish' should be a lot more exciting than "just do some bounties lol".

It's padding on the level of Anthem's "Vault" quest, and it stinks.

Edit: The competitive Crucible is a definite improvement though. You are still at the mercy of Bungie's aggressively poor matchmaking though.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing is upsetting me more than the "Go and middle about" quests that are interspersed throughout the Shadowkeep campaign. Cleansing an 'Essence of Anguish' should be a lot more exciting than "just do some bounties lol".

Yeah, that's the worst part. I could deal with the boring "Oh, there's a thing. Now collect 7 pieces of armor for the rest of the DLC until you can get in the thing, that's it!" contextualization. What really breaks the camel's back is the lack of scripted levels in the campaign. There is way too much of what you're describing in there. Doing Bounties and Farming Materials or kills should be reserved to the endgame. When experiencing the story, I want a lean, fun experience that isn't largely just exactly the same thing I would do anyway just with a little more voice acting sprinkled in.

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the "we were there already" complaints. A lot has changed on the moon, it is not exactly like it was, plus it's awesome to revisit something years later. I'd love the cosmodrome to be next.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
I've put 49 hours into the expansion since it hit Steam, and I still need to:

- Finish the raid / collect the raid gear (I failed the day 1 raid with only 2/4 encounters cleared ... and that took 17 hours)
- Haven't touched vex offensive / any of its gear yet
- Haven't touched the new exotic quests (outside of Deathbringer)
- Haven't collected all the lectern weapons on the moon
- I'm only level 32 out of 100 on my season track.
- I have barely scraped the surface on armor 2.0, only doing some basic specing for my raid run.
- Haven't unlocked all mods on my seasonal artifact.
- Have hardly had a chance to experience the new multiplayer maps.
- Haven't started any of the quests for the new ritual weapons.
- I am 928 power level and 960+ power is the current cap.

The idea that this expansion is light on content is hilarious. Not to mention, new things are added weekly.

My "review":
- If you like Destiny, and are all caught up, this is the best the game has ever been. Well worth it
- If you like Destiny, and are not all caught up, pickup Forsaken (comes with Y2 annual pass) and/or Shadowkeep. You can't go wrong with either / both.
- If you do not like Destiny, don't bother. This game is all about collecting the gear, specing out stats and builds, developing a team / group of friends to play endgame content with, and immersing yourself in the rich world and lore. If you're looking for a 10-15 hour cinematic campaign, you will walk away disappointed
- If you've never tried Destiny, consider installing New Light and trying out the gunplay / opening missions for yourself.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018

Edit: The competitive Crucible is a definite improvement though. You are still at the mercy of Bungie's aggressively poor matchmaking though.
That grindy crap has been increasing with each release. Ikora's new quests are the same. Go get 50 kills, now go do yet another run-through of Vex Offensive(so exciting) for a chance to maybe possibly get the same gun you already received 20 times with a better roll. But it wouldn't be Destiny 2 if you also didn't have to grind out the currency required to buy the quests from Ikora. Grind to get the ability to grind.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'll come back to Destiny when it gets good again.I mean real good, not half-good, or "good compared to Curse of Osiris", or "good for a late-game, mid-tier expansion pack". That's not the Destiny I live for. The fact that I can't even criticize what seems to be a middling expansion without getting this tier of hostile response is laughable.
You skipped Forsaken?

That is what you were asking for.

Ahs Shadowkeep actually makes more sense post-Forsaken.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
These are reviews of Shadowkeep. Not Shadowkeep plus future paid DLCs. Anyone who thinks it isn't fair to review what Bungie is selling as a packaged release right now is out of their damn minds.

I'm not talking about DLC. I'm only talking about Shadowkeep. Not all of the content has been deployed, such as the Dungeon or exotic quests.