• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So I paid $25 so other people can play the moon and get all the qol updates. As a bonus I get story mission I played in D1 (but this time the boss is red).

Thought I learned my lesson last year, don't buy the season pass. This year it's like don't buy the expansion and just get the pass if you played D1 and seen the movie contact...
You do know the season pass is literally just for one season, correct?
it's not like other games season passes or the annual pass for Forsaken.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Welllllll the $10 per season is for the bottom tree of the battlepass for each season.
The stories, strikes, maps etc will be availble for free per season f you own shadowkeep.

If the fast track / bottom portion of the battlepass does not interest you, don't buy it, it won't impact the story going forward.
Maybe I wasn't clear with my point but I'm very happy with my shadowkeep purchase and with destiny overall. I also just bought forsaken and almost finished its campaign.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm enjoying the content, and the systems employed along with the content. Is it better than Forsaken? I dunno, Forsaken had its fair share of annoyances that made me not want to play it as much after a couple of weeks (massive/useless chore list for example). I honestly think that this is a Destiny 2 problem, not an expansion problem.

So for me, both had their ups and downs. For the record. I disliked the Dreaming City (didn't help that we had to visit there weekly for a damned year), so its existence VS the Moon does it no favors. Of course, as always, I need to state that this is my opinion.
th

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
can you elaborate because it sounds like you are reducing the entire expansion to one mission????

was referring to the post right above mine, all the nightmare hunts are lifted right out of D1 with minimal to no change (some where strikes in D1 so they were altered to be single player).

I would like to point out btw that "The Moon" isn't Shadowkeep content.
EVERYONE gets the Moon as a patrol zone. Even F2P players. Same as Tangled Shore and Dreaming City, don't need Forsaken for that.
So that entire patrol zone? Not part of Shadowkeep. Same as any item or season event with the Vex symbol = not part of Shadowkeep.
All of the sandbox hanges and armor 2.0? Not Shadowkeep, everyone gets that.
Shadowkeep's actual content you NEED Shadowkeep for is basically the story missions, the raid, dungeon and the nightmare hunts.
Then you get the items marked with the Shadowkeep icon and some of the smaller extra stuff like say the Eris nightmare storyline.
That's Shadowkeep. That is 25$ of the 35$ you pay for it.
The other 10$ are the Season of Undying which you can seperately buy for 1000 silver without owning Shadowkeep.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I would pay full price if Cosmodrome got the Shadowkeep treatment, I know I'm not alone in this thinking.

reskin that Motherfucker

Oct 29, 2017
I usually prefer nods to old things then just them blatantly reusing them but to each there own.

Cool. Cool. Cool. What ever that means.

It means that I get the basis of what you're saying, but I think you're wrong.

I get that it appears to be rehashed D1 content, but it's actually not. So...like...I see why you would think that, so there's my consolation to you lol.

It's not recycled, it just isn't. So saying it is recycled is literally incorrect.

To be 100% honest even if it was actually just recycled I'd hope they'd continue to bring more regions and content from D1 over to D2, I think that's great for the game. Bring the entire universe of Destiny together in one playable space, please.

I would pay full price if Cosmodrome got the Shadowkeep treatment, I know I'm not alone in this thinking.

reskin that Motherfucker

Boom, 100% agree

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Yeah I honestly woukdnt mind if we go back to Venus and Old Russia, I mean
half of it is already in the game!

Talking of reusing content, PLEASE BUNGIE, reuse all the old crucible maps.

Playing on those two old D1 maps this past weekend made the Crucible feel great again.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think now that Bungie is independent, you can bet they are going to stretch the content a little while. We probably keep getting reused locations until D3.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I get that it appears to be rehashed D1 content, but it's actually not. So...like...I see why you would think that, so there's my consolation to you lol.

It's not recycled, it just isn't. So saying it is recycled is literally incorrect.

To be 100% honest even if it was actually just recycled I'd hope they'd continue to bring more regions and content from D1 over to D2, I think that's great for the game. Bring the entire universe of Destiny together in one playable space, please.

lol

What ever, when the same cheese spots from D1 are still in the same rooms where you fought these bosses 1000s of time in D1 I can't think of a more appropriate term then recycled.

honestly would rather had them just released D1 as it was remasted in D2. At least you would get all the strikes raids and story missions.

could have grinded that moon gate mission for catalyst kills....

Last edited:

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
No, it is not.

In 'The Road Ahead' vidoc post-forsaken, they go on record to say that, "We dont want to be a boxed product on a disc".

So instead they release it almost identically to how it was released before, only that it's not on a disc?

I'm not just going to take them at what they say in their ViDocs. Warframe is an example of a game that isn't a boxed product on a disc. Shadowkeep mostly doesn't exist on a disc, but it's effectively being sold exactly the same way that every other D2 expansion has been sold.

I'm not really complaining or saying that it's wrong to do that, I just don't think they've even fully bought into that themselves at this point. Maybe that's something they will do for D3.

Oct 29, 2017
lol

What ever, when the same cheese spots from D1 are still in the same rooms where you fought these bosses 1000s of time in D1 I can't think of a more appropriate term then recycled.

That's not a legitimate barometer for it, though. The boss arenas were brought back alongside the bosses, sure. That doesn't mean they are recycled content that is minimally-to-not altered in any way. Chocking it up to "recycled content" isn't necessarily fair, or correct. I'm sorry ya didn't dig it, but I thought it was just the right amount of D1 nostalgia and new ideas/gameplay meshed together.

honestly would rather had them just released D1 as it was remasted in D2. At least you would get all the strikes raids and story missions.

This would be awesome, and I'd welcome it greatly.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
well they did move the forsaken barge from the earth to the moon so guess that a big change. Ya got me.
you mean the "Fallen" Ketch? Forsaken is an expansion, not a race XD
That Ketch was the Tanik's strike on the moon in D1. After killing Tanik's the Ketch crashed and that's now where it rests in D2.
It wasn't moved from Earth, neither in D1 or D2. In D1 there was another Ketch you entered on Venus.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

There is a part of the main storyline where you go kill Skolas....again.

It is literally the same exact mission layout from Destiny one. They didn't even change the fight mechanics. The only thing that change was that his Ketch is a bit darker and the name above the enemies are different. So yes they literally recycled content from Destiny 1 and put it in this expansion.