• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
destiny-2-shadowkeep-size-1-924x520.jpg

The game is currently 80-90gbs.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So much new content. We'll be drowning in it.

Can't wait til my PS4 "checks" it for 3 hours before installing.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
This is some PS4 shit where it requires 2x the actual size to install right? It would be absurd if Shadowkeep was twice the size of everything up to this point.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well it's a good thing I'm switching to PC on August 21st. If I was still playing on my base PS4 I'd be able to play like... two other games.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Wouldn't be as bad if we could delete the non-english audio I guess, but that doesn't take up too much tbh.

Do devs not worry much about data compression these days?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Yeah I don't understand how an expansion can almost double the game install size. That seems pretty ridiculous to me. I'm at 87GB now (PC) and this is gonna be another 78? wtf

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, this needs addressing. I had to reinstall Gears 4 the other day and found out it's 134GB, meaning I had to wait a solid day between wanting to play it and actually getting the chance, and I have reasonably good internet.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Yeah I don't understand how an expansion can almost double the game install size. That seems pretty ridiculous to me. I'm at 87GB now and this is gonna be another 78? wtf

That's more armor sets, more weapon sets, more locations, more "bubble" locations, new art, new assets.

This is a GOOD THING for Destiny fans...

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
Bungie talked about one of the things they're looking to do is get the file size down. Obviously this wont be the case for Destiny 2, but maybe in D3. This could be something that comes up in the State of the Game post coming this week as well.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is that on top of what is currently installed, or as a whole? D2 currently takes up 89GB on my Xbox. So Shadowkeep is going to slap on another 100GB?

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Bungie tech team sure has its priorities.

So will Shadowkeep be bigger then a normal Destiny DLC or just the normal smattering of missions and resued assets?

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, this needs addressing. I had to reinstall Gears 4 the other day and found out it's 134GB, meaning I had to wait a solid day between wanting to play it and actually getting the chance, and I have reasonably good internet.

MS have talked about streaming the game while it downloads as an idea with their XCloud stuff. I'm sure Sony could implement something like that with their steaming stuff too.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ugh. I got a few TB left on my xbox. My laptop tho...I mean I only got 1TB in the mofo. I'm supposed to give one game nearly 1/5th of it?

They need to optimize their shit. Fuck.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess it is finally time to remove The Witcher 3, MGSV, and other great current games that I haven't finished from my system.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
they must be touching every part of the game or something or shadowkeep is just that big. Either way, I'm going to have to empty out my PS4 just for this 1 update.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Didn't they say that Shadowkeep is smaller than Forsaken? Obviously there's more going on here than just adding an expansion to the game, but is this comparison correct from what Bungie has said?

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't they say that Shadowkeep is smaller than Forsaken? Obviously there's more going on here than just adding an expansion to the game, but is this comparison correct from what Bungie has said?

ya its smaller than forsaken; but theyre also changing a lot of the games systems such as armors, adding things like finishing moves, revamping pvp as a whole, new crucible maps, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people willing to accept increased system requirements for literally everything except storage requirements? Do people expect games to remain the same size forever?