Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Summary:

• Destiny 2 will run at 4K, 60FPS on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
  • All Destiny 2 content will come with you to next-gen for FREE
  • On PlayStation you can upgrade to the PS5 version for free
  • On Xbox, it will Support Smart Delivery, so XSX players will be able to access XSX version for free
  • Destiny 2 will support cross-play within platform ecosystems. PS5/PS4 can play together, XB1/XSX can play together.
  • Bungie will be bringing back some Destiny 1 content to Destiny 2
  • Bungie announced the next 3 expansions for Destiny 2: Beyond Light (September 22, 2020), The Witch Queen (2021), Lightfall (2022)
  • Destiny will NOT be getting a sequel (IE Destiny 3). Destiny 2 will evolve and grow over time (GAAS)
  • Beyond Light Expansion trailer
  • Season of Arrivals begins June 9, Trailer here
  • The Future of Destiny 2, Past is Prologue

EDIT:

EaFVw2bWkAc5JmJ

EaFVxrHWkAE5v22

Last edited by a moderator:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a good returning player experience and I'll come back, that's what I want out of this

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Can't wait to finally see the Darkness or what they look like. Not sure we will find out what the deal is with them but I can't believe we have known almost nothing about them since destiny 1. I'll go in with medium expectations.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Just echoing my thoughts from another thread, but I'm still holding out hope we get access to a small part of Europa (even if it's just the seasonal activity or something) with the new season, before getting to actually explore it in the expansion.

Would also be cool if there's another live event later in the season, where we have to stop the first assault from whatever the new race ends up being.

Oh, and the name of the expansion may have been found by someone on /r/raidsecrets. It's in the spoiler tags below.

Destiny 2: Beyond Light

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
As someone who noped out on Season of the Worthy after day 1, I am really fucking hyped. Though long and drawn out the last 15 minutes of the live event, fuck it all 2 hours of it was so much fun just to be around a bunch of guardians getting hyped together over something. Bring on the new season and give me a brand new vid doc. Maybe talk about 60fps for next gen consoles.
sXhz7vN_d.jpg

JsdSu5a_d.jpg

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't played Destiny since december, looking forward to seeing what's in store for the future but I can't help but keep my expectations as low as possible despite still longing for something that will really change the game.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to see what they'll do with the new expansion. I hope it's something like the last one, with weekly changes - that was awesome to discover.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly excited now. Really wonder if that one leak that now seems legit that said Bungie wants this to be their "Infinity War" moment is true.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I expect pretty much nothing. Seems like the best thing to do regarding this game lately. Less disappointment if it's bad and genuine surprise if it's good.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Not expecting anything more than a CGI trailer for the next big expansion.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Can't wait to finally see the Darkness or what they look like. Not sure we will find out what the deal is with them but I can't believe we have known almost nothing about them since destiny 1. I'll go in with medium expectations.
It will be disappointing. Going from an ethereal enemy to some, most likely, towering evil "people" is gonna be less impressive than any imagination anyone might've had.

I think the whole concept of the traveler and Darkness in Destiny 1 made sense, to the kind of otherworldly lore it was building.

The Traveler - Mysterious being of light, shaped like a big ball, a form. Represents structure, harmony and balance but hides something uknown.
The Darkness - Formless, chaotic and mysterious. Represents dystopia and danger. Also has an unknown source we haven't seen.

But they're gonna approach it like the Darkness is a people that have ranks and ships now, aren't they? that is a mistake imo.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Excited to hear about the next season too, but mostly just hyped for the Fall Expansion news. I do wonder if the rumours about Bungie re-purposing all their plans for a third game retrospectively back in Destiny 2 as new content and Destiny 2 just goes on to be the main Destiny game for... well forever.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
It will be disappointing. Going from an ethereal enemy to some, most likely, towering evil "people" is gonna be less impressive than any imagination anyone might've had.

I think the whole concept of the traveler and Darkness in Destiny 1 made sense, to the kind of otherworldly lore it was building.

The Traveler - Mysterious being of light, shaped like a big ball, a form. Represents structure, harmony and balance but hides something uknown.
The Darkness - Formless, chaotic and mysterious. Represents dystopia and danger. Also has an unknown source we haven't seen.

But they're gonna approach it like the Darkness is a people that have ranks and ships now, aren't they? that is a mistake imo.

The pyramid ships were a thing back in D1. At least in regards to them being seen in concept art. They were show in-game during the ending of the initial campaign of D2. The pyramid ships isn't something entirely new.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Very interested in their next step of RPGing the game. Shadowkeep was a decent first step in that regard.

Sargerus

â–² Legend â–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Pyramids are to the Darkness the same the Traveler is to the Light. Physical Avatars.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

We have known they are a race for far too long now. Not sure what you're getting at. The pyramid ships are constantly referenced in the lore and there's tons and tons of lore about them as a people opposing the Traveler. We just don't know what and where they came from and what their goal is. We've been gathering a ton of powerful guardians in the past few months of d2. They are going to be incredibly powerful and I can see this being a Thanos situation if anything.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
The pyramid ships were a thing back in D1. At least in regards to them being seen in concept art. They were show in-game during the ending of the initial campaign of D2. The pyramid ships isn't something entirely new.
I know. To me it seems like they changed that into the Darkness that we saw in D1. I guess that Darkness wasn't a finished concept either, so it makes sense to go back to it... but you can't help but feel like "so what makes them any worse than the cabal or the dreg guys" in terms of why they should be this hidden.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

I mean....the darkness could be what primitive gaurdians recalled it as. A black bag (fleet) of dorito ships blotting out the sun. I wouldn't be surprised if they created the Traveler.

Leave the fantastical shit to the Hive and the Taken with their Worm Gods and space horror. But I guess I get what you're saying. With everything we know about Oryx, Savathun and the Taken, how can anything be a bigger threat than cosmic entities.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Reinstalled the game for the live event. Unless it looks massively disapointing I'll jump back in the new season. I think the 6 months break I took from the game was needed but I'm excited to see what's next!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I reinstalled the other day so I'm curious to see what they have to say.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If they do 60 FPS next gen & the rumors of there being no D3 (and D2 continues to expand), I'll be all over this later this year.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Leave the fantastical shit to the Hive and the Taken with their Worm Gods and space horror. But I guess I get what you're saying. With everything we know about Oryx, Savathun and the Taken, how can anything be a bigger threat than cosmic entities.
That's how the universe's scope changed though. The sci-fi element is almost gone when you just say that the Hive and its "wizards" are random gothlike beings that came from nowhere or some random planet. I liked the original Destiny concept that we have reality, we have some fantasy stuff like the enemy factions out there on other planet... and then we have these ethereal, otherworldly beings that exist on a much bigger plane than humanoid species, that for whatever reason came to Earth and corrupted it with godly abilities, and also cursing it because it brung the darkness and its creations to it, and I just like the Darkness as a force of nature more than I like it as an idea of some evil empire or whatever.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If the fall expansion is good D3 will be at least another 2 years out. 1 year of good stuff followed by a year of shit then part 3. The pattern has to hold...

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I finally deleted this off my PS4 months ago, never bothered with Shadowkeep since it didn't really seem worth it to me given what they were giving away for free and the story missions didn't sound too good.. I'll probably dip back in on the next gen consoles if they huff and puff and manage the grand task of getting it running at 60fps on those.

Oct 27, 2017
The pessimist in me is just thinking the reason they reveal the fall expansion also is because the new season is going to blow again. :)

Oct 27, 2017
The pessimist in me is just thinking the reason they reveal the fall expansion also is because the new season is going to blow again. :)
They generally in the past have had something to push along goodwill going into the next fall dlc. So that is my thought. Of course they have come in lower on everything else that I have expected this year so who knows.

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to be proven wrong, want nothing but good for this game, but i think i didn't even made it to lvl 10 this season so yeah..

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
What are they going to do about the size of the game on disk? Isn't that a big problem for them now?

DireRaven

Oct 27, 2017
give me next gen console version, and ships.. let us pilot our ships to the outer reaches of the system and engage in some dogfights and whatnot.. then I'll return :)

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that the darkness race has a good design. One thing that always bothers me in sci-fi videogames is that aliens are always bipeds and humanoids.... I wish there were more crazy designs.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
give me next gen console version, and ships.. let us pilot our ships to the outer reaches of the system and engage in some dogfights and whatnot.. then I'll return :)
We aren't getting dog fighting it's not that type of game. Why do people keep on thinking that shit is going to happen when we can't even get Sparrow racing back. It's a FPS, talk about unreal expectations people always pop up and say that over the last six years.

People stay wanting this game to be something it's not.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
We aren't getting dog fighting it's not that type of game. Why do people keep on thinking that shit is going to happen when we can't even get Sparrow racing back. It's a FPS, talk about unreal expectations.

People stay wanting this game to be something it's not.
Now I really want Sparrow Racing back!

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Grimoire: The Darkness (from vanilla D1)

Something hit us. Killed our Golden Age. Nearly wiped us out. Only the Traveler saved us, and at a shattering cost.

The Speaker tells of a cosmic force that swept over us and caused the Collapse. Legend calls it the Darkness, the Traveler's ancient enemy, which hunted it across space.

All we have left are questions. Centuries of debate gave birth to competing arguments on the nature of the Darkness and the Collapse.

The Pujari Position describes the Darkness as a force with both physical and moral presence, an actualization of evil. Pujari art depicts the Darkness as a great storm, or as a change in conduct, a corruption that emerged from within and poisoned the Golden Age.

Saint-14's Position argues that the Darkness was an invading armada, an alien force of incredible - but tangible - power. Some adherents believe that this armada sprang from species rejected or discarded by the Traveler for their sins.

Ulan-Tan's Thesis considers the Darkness a necessary symmetry to the Traveler in a cosmic balance. In this view, the Traveler's goodness led it to sacrifice for others, and it is up to us to return this goodness by healing the Traveler.

The Monist Position, or the Deflationary Position, considers the Darkness as a technologically sophisticated force, perhaps a post-Singularity intelligence. Adherents invoke information theory or contend that the universe is a simulation, allowing advanced intelligence to gain weakly acausal powers by bending the rules.

The Acataleptic Clause claims that we are intrinsically unable to understand the Darkness. In many respects this belief parallels the Praxic Creed, which suggests that we should stop worrying about the nature of the Darkness and focus on resisting and defeating it.

Certain positions - often labeled heretical - imply that the Traveler itself triggered the Collapse, or that it knew the Darkness was coming for it and hoped to use the Solar System as a sacrifice or a proxy army. The Binary Star cult is one notable example.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see what Bungie has up their sleeves! Finally feeling as though everything is coming together with the story and it's exciting as someone who watches too many of Byfs videos 😆
What are they going to do about the size of the game on disk? Isn't that a big problem for them now?
The file size has leaked for the new expansion and it apparently keeps the game around the same size. There's been a lot of rumors around what this means in game potentially but a common theory is
the destruction of destinations. The one commonly speculated is Titan as the Pyramids will arrive there today. According to the lore, the waves there were actually caused by the Darkness during the collapse as they apparently have beams that can modify a planets gravity and twist the planets shape so the idea is they're gonna go back and finish the job. Also, the destination hasn't been used for anything in a long time.

hydruxo

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see what Bungie has up their sleeves! Finally feeling as though everything is coming together with the story and it's exciting as someone who watches too many of Byfs videos 😆

The file size has leaked for the new expansion and it apparently keeps the game around the same size. There's been a lot of rumors around what this means in game potentially but a common theory is
the destruction of destinations. The one commonly speculated is Titan as the Pyramids will arrive there today. According to the lore, the waves there were actually caused by the Darkness during the collapse as they apparently have beams that can modify a planets gravity and twist the planets shape so the idea is they're gonna go back and finish the job. Also, the destination hasn't been used for anything in a long time.

I don't see Bungie getting rid of any destinations. It's true that Titan has been neglected for a while, but it is used for a decent amount of activities. There are base game Red War missions on Titan, a strike, adventures, Ace of Spades quest, etc.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I stopped playing the game few months ago I'll never not be excited for new fall expansion.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

The key number 1 issue I have with that loss of destination theory based on file size is that it can't happen. Let's say that the destination of EDZ for some reason is lost due to the space Doritos. That doesn't mean it goes though and can be completely chopped from the game files to save space. Why? What about people starting the Red war campaign. They have to load EDZ assets and the EDZ instance.

Sure they may artificially cut off access once you have done the campaign and say you can't go to the EDZ anymore but you can't just chop it off from the program to save file space.