• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
8KXOtF1.png

From today's ViDOC. Could be them trolling , but they also did talk about a 5 year plan. Seems like Destiny 3 isn't coming anytime soon!

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering how they started over from the end of Destiny 1 to the launch of Destiny 2, this is probably a good thing (other than the visuals aging).

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This is trolling and there's no way Destiny 3 is not coming after we've seen various leaks.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
That's kinda disappointing tbh. The base of Destiny 2 doesn't really feel as good as D1.

It also looks much more "sterile" than Destiny 1.

I also wanted a 60fps Destiny 3 on console asap.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope not I like these expansions every year but none of them will ever have as much new content as a full game release.

MalcomFleX

Alt account
Banned
Sep 9, 2019
That's kinda disappointing tbh. The base of Destiny 2 doesn't really feel as good as D1.

It also looks much more "sterile" than Destiny 1.

I also wanted a 60fps Destiny 3 on console asap.
They took D1 and then dumbed down pretty much everything they possibly could. Do you like having the freedom to build your character? Too bad.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like just forward-planning to me with the use of a whiteboard. Nothing really to indicate Year 4-6 under the Destiny 2 brand...but it could be.

Destiny should never have included a number in the title as it should have always been "Destiny: Subtitle" (indicating where we are expansion wise) from the beginning after the vanilla release in 2014. Need a massive change to the game client then just update it when you need to or with the next big expansion.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I was a Destiny player since the Xbox One beta for Destiny 1. Took a big break from Destiny 2 a little after Forsaken launched. I just got so burned out with it. The grind necessary to get to end game there... I just didn't have the time for it.

All of the changes Bungie has been making since their split with Activision and the ability to get my Xbox character onto PC with cross save (my god the PC version looks so much better than the console versions, lol) has got me really heavily considering jumping back in. The thing that might push me over the edge would be a firm commitment not to hit the reset button again any time soon. I'll keep an ear out for anything more concrete than this, lol.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Which is a large part of what they are trying to fix in Shadowkeep

The problem is that Bungie wildly swings between extremes and seems unable to achieve a decent balance in almost all aspects.

And then the fanbase becomes so afraid that Bungie will revert to another extreme that they'd rather people stop asking for balance.

MalcomFleX

Alt account
Banned
Sep 9, 2019
You should probably read up a little on the changes they've already made this past year and the giant overhaul coming in 2 weeks.
I have. And I also saw how they fixed the complaints about weapons, armor, exotics etc and it wasn't the least bit impressive. I'd say less than 50 percent of exotics are any good. D2 went a long way to killing this franchise for me. So for me they have a long way to go to give a shit. I hope they manage to.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The game and all DLC will be included at launch for Stadia.
You get the complete edition when you preorder the founders edition of Stadia.
Bungie has said it'll be playable on Stadia and I imagine that includes Stadia's iOS app.
It'll be on Stadia once that launches. However, Stadia won't be on iOS until sometime next year iirc.

Thanks! 2020 iPhone Pro, 5G & Stadia might end up being a dream come true for this sort of thing.

Also - I own this game on Xbox and the PC blizzard launcher. How does cross play, cross progression & account merge work ?

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't read too much into this. I can't imagine adding 4 more years to Destiny 2 with new consoles out next year. Ideally, instead we'd see a next gen only release a year or so into the next generation that is just Destiny and becomes a platform that gets added to throughout the years.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't look at this as a concrete guarantee. Trying to look at where you could possibly be in a few years during a conceptual process isn't any sort of confirmation.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
There was a leak from 4chan and a leak from some dude on reddit (Anonymous something). I don't know where the posts are.

At any case, they should be treated with the biggest grain of salt

But the reddit one is allegedly from the same guy who leaked forsaken.... so I think it might be true. They said heavy rpg focus and Shadowkeep is bringing some rpg stuff in.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seemed like a 5 year plan but we are in the 3rd year, no?

Anyways looking forward to trying this out when it's F2P.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
450GB on consoles, WOOOOOOO!

By 2021 you should at least have 3TB of HDD. So it will be no problem.

Looks like just forward-planning to me with the use of a whiteboard. Nothing really to indicate Year 4-6 under the Destiny 2 brand...but it could be.

Destiny should never have included a number in the title as it should have always been "Destiny: Subtitle" (indicating where we are expansion wise) from the beginning after the vanilla release in 2014. Need a massive change to the game client then just update it when you need to or with the next big expansion.

Destiny 2 in Korea is called "Destiny: Guardians"

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
If the game gets more content then whether its called D3 or not doesn't matter. Imo a persistent character that you can take through many years is so much better than a reset.