• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You're just running with the wrong squad. And British players do tend to be the most assholish, even on XBL.

Last time I played it was the Americans mocking the one Brit in our fire team.

I remember during a random group I came across doing EP with we had to settle with a random who only spoke Spanish. We had a translator but the other dudes, oh boy...

What a weird night of Destiny that was.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't posted here in a while but been following the thread. Tried Spire of Stars last night with an LFG group and man what a horrible experience that was. Not even the people so much as just how heavy the mechanics are and how chaotic the last two phases are it was just not a fun time for me at all. Super bummed because I've run Leviathan a fair amount as well as EoW, both of which I love for different reasons. I just can't see myself liking SoS even if I was willing to put the time and effort in to master all the roles. Encounters like Dogs and the Gauntlet are one thing, I just don't see how a final phase where it's more about standing on a friggin plate so somebody can get lifted up to throw a charged ball is fun? By the time it was over (didn't bother to stick around to finish) I was so sick of hearing "On the plate!" "Off the plate" over and over again ad naseum yuck. And the damage phase was just as stupid (we were doing the Wardriff Coil strat I tried to argue that we try the Arcstrider strat and everyone was like NO this way is better!) Also why is it whenever I end up raiding with British players they seem to get so bitchy the second something goes wrong entitled much? I know every raid isn't going to appeal to everyone and that's fine, just disappointed as this one definitely does not click for me. Sucks cuz I really want that toast emote. If anyone here wants to farm the first part for the emote I'd totally be down as it's a complete cake walk next to the yawn jump puzzle and final encounter where people need to like study beforehand to even have a shot at grasping what to do. End rant/

Have loved everything else in Warmind though Exotic Catalysts are a great reason to keep playing and EP is fun as hell when you can get a group together. Does anyone know which week you get a chance at the Sniper? Already have the Shotgun and the SMG it's probably the last weapon I care about right now. Playing on PC btw
I agree, I think Bungie is trying to be too smart for their own good, and its just not translating to me as a good time.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Last time I played it was the Americans mocking the one Brit in our fire team.

I remember during a random group I came across doing EP with we had to settle with a random who only spoke Spanish. We had a translator but the other dudes, oh boy...

What a weird night of Destiny that was.

People can be dicks in general, but most of Destiny Era is great. If you're using LFG, that's another story. Have had very mixed experiences with pure LFG.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
What does this even mean? Lol, you follow instructions, you finish the encounter. Do you have trouble reading a cookbook?
It's like they are just trying to make the encounters so tricky, and time locked and so dependent on synchronization that they literally just suck the fun out of the encounter. At least for me.

I don't think Raid ideas should start in a room with a chalkboard that says what can we do to alienate 2/3 of our fan base, and just make a miserable experience for those brave enough to try.

I really miss the traditional raids.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Well good news, Forsaken will have a raid with LOTS OF BOSSES just like King's Fall

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Well good news, Forsaken will have a raid with LOTS OF BOSSES just like King's Fall
I just personally miss that. I thought VOG was perfection, Kings Fall was really really good. WOTM was maybe the second best raid. I want more hero moments, I like carrying people, or being carried when I am under leveled, I just feel these new raids shun so many form even trying.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
You still can do that in these raids. Just assign the weak person the easy job, or an easy job. Make them do some work for it.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Y2 has better looking Warlock armor from Eververse.

I should've shelled out (bright dust) for the Season 1 or Winterhart stuff at the time, because it's been downhill from there.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Are the secondary bosses in the Flashpoint not dropping anything for anyone else? I'm just curious if this is another bug.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Haven't posted here in a while but been following the thread. Tried Spire of Stars last night with an LFG group and man what a horrible experience that was. Not even the people so much as just how heavy the mechanics are and how chaotic the last two phases are it was just not a fun time for me at all. Super bummed because I've run Leviathan a fair amount as well as EoW, both of which I love for different reasons. I just can't see myself liking SoS even if I was willing to put the time and effort in to master all the roles. Encounters like Dogs and the Gauntlet are one thing, I just don't see how a final phase where it's more about standing on a friggin plate so somebody can get lifted up to throw a charged ball is fun? By the time it was over (didn't bother to stick around to finish) I was so sick of hearing "On the plate!" "Off the plate" over and over again ad naseum yuck. And the damage phase was just as stupid (we were doing the Wardriff Coil strat I tried to argue that we try the Arcstrider strat and everyone was like NO this way is better!) Also why is it whenever I end up raiding with British players they seem to get so bitchy the second something goes wrong entitled much? I know every raid isn't going to appeal to everyone and that's fine, just disappointed as this one definitely does not click for me. Sucks cuz I really want that toast emote. If anyone here wants to farm the first part for the emote I'd totally be down as it's a complete cake walk next to the yawn jump puzzle and final encounter where people need to like study beforehand to even have a shot at grasping what to do. End rant/

Have loved everything else in Warmind though Exotic Catalysts are a great reason to keep playing and EP is fun as hell when you can get a group together. Does anyone know which week you get a chance at the Sniper? Already have the Shotgun and the SMG it's probably the last weapon I care about right now. Playing on PC btw

Agree about the raid. BUT, every raid starts tough, and gets easier as everybody learns and the best strats filter down.

Eater of Worlds was confusing to me at first, now Leviathan and Eater are a doddle for me. Someday Spire should be too.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

This reminds me one time a guy came in to an LFG group I was in, starts talking in a thick accent that sounds Russian or Polish or something. Starts belligerently asking if anyone in our group is racist against mexicans because he's tired of it. It was just funny when somebody was like dude....you're not mexican you're russian. It was never really explained or addressed any further either. Was kinda hilarious at the time.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Man, how has Bungie managed to screw IB up so bad that I could care less to play it?

In general, I care little about cosmetics or armor sets in the game, so there's that. I think my guardian pretty much always looks badass *shrug*.

All the IB guns are more or less subpar, so there's no reason to go after any of them.

And I cant believe Bungie didn't throw at least some type of powerful gear carrot in there. An engram or two after some grinding. Nothing.

DonaldTrumpSad!.jpeg

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's like they are just trying to make the encounters so tricky, and time locked and so dependent on synchronization that they literally just suck the fun out of the encounter. At least for me.

I don't think Raid ideas should start in a room with a chalkboard that says what can we do to alienate 2/3 of our fan base, and just make a miserable experience for those brave enough to try.

The worst raid ever for that crap IMO was Kings Fall. One of the raids I felt honestly erred on the side of too difficult. The simple jump puzzle alone was borderline nightmarish at first.

Yet a lot of people loved it *shrug*

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Weirdest thing just happened I got the EP shotgun from a powerful engram from Cayde for the Flashpoint. Maybe because I already had it so it was part of the loot pool? Never happened to me with any EP weapons before. It also rolled exactly five light levels below my current EP shotgun so can't even infuse :p I'll probably just throw it on an alt feels to valuable to dust

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's happening.

Went into the week only needing the cloak for 385.

Went through every milestone, no cloak.

I now literally have EIGHT 385 chest pieces, 8. No cloak.

This means raid is my only way to 385 this week, which I didn't really want to do (other than try to complete Spire).

Oct 27, 2017
It's happening.

This means raid is my only way to 385 this week, which I didn't really want to do (other than try to complete Spire).

Shockingly, I had the opposite happen as coming in my PC Hunter was 382 PL...

Flashpoint - 380 Leg Armor
Heroic Strike - 380 Helmet
Call to Arms - 380 Gauntlets
Clan XP - 380 Chest Armor
Nightfall - 380 Class Item (from completion reward not Zavala)

...which made me 385 PL overall after infusion.

Then I went to see Ana Bray who was handing out 385 PL Hand Cannons like candy for 10 LS a piece.

I need to play the lottery, apparently.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My friend's done the protocol thing 5 times and has both the shotgun and smg. I ain't got shit.

Ugh.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
My friends done the protocol thing 5 times and has both the shotgun and smg. I ain't got shit.

Ugh.
Nothing is actually more irritating than people who win the RNG battle really early on who gloat about the fact, as if anyone is supposed to laugh with them. Like okay bitch, move on then. It's taken some people upwards of 100+ clears to get certain weapons. They don't want to hear shit about you getting it on your 3rd try.

Oct 27, 2017
Once you hit 385 PL do blues still drop randomly up to max PL (in this case a range of 375-380 PL) like they use to when you hit max PL or is that also a thing of the past?

Crashnburn85

Oct 25, 2017
California
It's happening.

I'm only 373 but have gotten chest piece after chest piece for my recent milestones. Annoying.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First Spire clear!! Wow that was nuts. I studied phase 2 and I was still a bit overwhelmed by all the callouts that were happening.

I had made an LFG post and by pure coincidence, every single player I invited was an Arcstrider. Me being a Titan, I provided the melting point, then they did their thing. Took two phases.

So psyched right now! So happy I finally got a Ca'our kill. Though, Luxurious Toast still eludes me...

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spire is more complicated than EOW, but that doesnt make it more fun. At least to me. It's more of a chore than it is fun or interesting. The jumping portion with the ball is just straight up stupid. Wrath still remains what I would consider the ideal Destiny raid experience.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Raids are a problem for LFG. If you jump in early, it's gonna be a giant clusterfuck.

If you jump in later, then nobody wants you because you don't know what you're doing.

You just have to get on the struggle bus. That simple. I go later.

It would be completely different if you had a stable, regular, proficient, raid group. But I'll never remotely have that. Hell I specifically joined a clan that was for people who solo lol, just to get the clan engram each week. That I can tell it's dead besides me.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Raids are a problem for LFG. If you jump in early, it's gonna be a giant clusterfuck.

If you jump in later, then nobody wants you because you don't know what you're doing.

You just have to get on the struggle bus. That simple. I go later.
There are LFG raid groups rolling out all the time with a mix of newer players. But yes, if you're coming in looking to join on raids that we've been doing for the better part of 9-10 months...you're going to have to understand that not everyone is going to want to be bothered waiting for you to learn to walk. Because they've done 30+ raids in that time and don't have any interest in 3+ hour raid experiences anymore. Veterans want to get in and get out and do not expect to be surprised by someone in the raid party not having any experience.

Fortunately there are plenty of people willing to Sherpa raids @ LFG. Best thing new players can do who want to get into raids is to watch videos of the encounters. Knowing how things work will save you time and other people frustration.

I don't want either of the guns...

And the armor is mostly reskins? Only the hunter cloak is really worth getting IMO.
You should. The sidearm (Last of the Legion) is one of the best kinetic weapons in the game, full stop.

Fusion rifle is nothing special, though.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finally lucked into an instance doing EP last night, managed to reach phase 7

Jolly good fun but fuck me, I had no idea the engine could have so much going on at once with so many things and guardians at the same time.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
There are LFG raid groups rolling out all the time with a mix of newer players. But yes, if you're coming in looking to join on raids that we've been doing for the better part of 9-10 months...you're going to have to understand that not everyone is going to want to be bothered waiting for you to learn to walk. Because they've done 30+ raids in that time and don't have any interest in 3+ hour raid experiences anymore. Veterans want to get in and get out and do not expect to be surprised by someone in the raid party not having any experience.

Fortunately there are plenty of people willing to Sherpa raids @ LFG. Best thing new players can do who want to get into raids is to watch videos of the encounters. Knowing how things work will save you time and other people frustration.

You should. The sidearm (Last of the Legion) is one of the best kinetic weapons in the game, full stop.

Fusion rifle is nothing special, though.

9-10 months, I'm talking about 3 weeks! If you start 3 weeks after raid release, you might as well be toast. Look at Spire of Stars.

I find videos only help so much, you cant really grasp it til you do it. It also sucks that they spoil the raid. They are a good idea though.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Graviton with the masterwork is ridiculous. Just had another super fun comeback game in IB, other team was blowing us away, SOMEHOW won 125-124. i honestly couldn't believe the final score, I'm sure it was the only time we led the whole game. I am pretty sure we were down 15-20 points like 115-95 very late, and they were doubling us or more early (like 40-15 and worse).

I just messaged the leading scorer on the other side "holy schiz" because that about summed it up. Like "what just happened?"

But I got 25 kills against 9 deaths, and I'm terrible. The range on it is just OP with the masterwork. I might be Graviton exclusive for a while, got tired of struggling with random pulses and scouts.

Nobody talks about it but the flinch on it seems super violent too. It's like getting run over by a truck.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Addicted to this game right now. Picked up during the E3 sale and finished the main campaign so far. Level 30, 328 so far. It's a little odd that the Flashpoint this week isn't popping up for me on Mars, but other than that, need to finish the two expansion campaigns.

If any new groups are looking for an active member, let me know! Down to run the raid at some point. :)

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Did the very first part of the SoS raid in the boss room for the first chest. Killing the adds as my duty was easy as hell. Got the "I'm Open!" emote so that was nice. Doubt I feel like doing the rest of the raid.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017

This sounds like a you problem. SoS is a blast and not difficult at all once you know the mechanics. It's all about execution.