• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with the IB weapons is that they're outclassed by a lot of other weapons including all the meta ones. They're decent but why use them when there are better options.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been an IB weapon as good as Nirwen's Mercy? That thing was amazing.

Like, overall? When did you start playing Destiny? Y1 had the BEST guns in the game for IB, everything after was straight pussboi shit

- Felwinter's Lie, the original "omg plz nerf wahhhh" gun
- Efrideet's Spear, aka Final Round plz nerf
- Timur's Lash (Y2: Finalla's Peril)
- Jolder's Hammer (Y2: Bretomart's Stand)
- Radegast Fury, aka plz nerf grenades and horseshoes
- Clever Dragon, aka plz nerf high-cal rounds (the ONLY good Y3 IB gun)

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Are the secondary bosses in the Flashpoint not dropping anything for anyone else? I'm just curious if this is another bug.

Bugged or intended, who knows? But yeah, they don't drop anything.

Had everything in prismatic matrix, couldn't even pull a extra :/

Haven't been able to use prismatic since week 2 of Warmind. Another currency going to waste...It's the Destiny way.

Did the very first part of the SoS raid in the boss room for the first chest. Killing the adds as my duty was easy as hell. Got the "I'm Open!" emote so that was nice. Doubt I feel like doing the rest of the raid.

I'm open emote is guaranteed for first time clear of the Spire opening encounter.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here find 6v6 IB fun? I am genuinely asking.
6v6 is good on paper, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

I wish I liked it since I think the warlock armor is pretty cool looking.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Like, overall? When did you start playing Destiny? Y1 had the BEST guns in the game for IB, everything after was straight pussboi shit

Good ol days when IB weapons were legit threats in PvP.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017

I only started caring about IB when Taken King came out. Don't think I even touched it up until then iirc.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Yes I find 6v6 a massive improvement over the terrible 4v4 format. But 6v6 is just one step to making the game fun. The sandbox is still atrocious for PVP.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I dunno, I think Orwing's Maul, Time Worn Spire, and Allied Demand are fantastic. Really want the AR this season, but no idea if it's good yet.

TWS is well known as decent but A) everything sucks vs VW/GL right now B) I have my problems with fastest ROF pulses.scouts and dont believe they can be dominant.

Besides of course I have all the IB guns already, it doesn't take long to do in prior IB. I thought they were getting refreshes or something.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Has there been an IB weapon as good as Nirwen's Mercy? That thing was amazing.

That thing was my baby in the original pulse meta. My baby! I considered it better than ....the other major competing meta pulse that slips my mind right now...no, I dont think it was hopscotch pilgrim, a different more easily acquired one.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tried farming the D.F.A. the other night with two randos. By the second run I was already feeling like stopping. I'm PL 383 so soon enough I'm not going to have much left to do, which means no content to actually use the D.F.A. with, and Forsaken is likely going to introduce new weapons I'm going to want to be using instead with the random rolls coming back. It's just not worth running this crummy nightfall over and over again for it.

Basically out of stuff to do now once I hit 385 by probably next week. No reason to do the Iron Banner since it offers fuck all in meaningful rewards, not much reason to run the raids besides experiencing the new DLC ones I haven't played but who knows whenever I'll be able to play those. Only thing I can think of doing is the next faction rally I could join FWC and get that Sunshot catalyst.

I had my many weeks of fun though.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Ended up getting the PC version for Fathers Day and I'm up to 339LL. Still need to finish the Warmind campaign, start turning in the initial Milestones, and then it's on to re-acquiring all the stuff for my preferred loadout. It's been a surprisingly painless path to getting caught up to contemporary content, which is nice since my PS4 Guardians and equipment doesn't carry over. Not sure if I'll bother raiding anytime soon though. PvP has also been a bit of a surprise. Maybe I haven't played enough for the matchmaking to place me accurately yet but I was expecting to get absolutely mopped in the Crucible but that hasn't been the case despite the fact that I don't have a solid setup and haven't made the M/KB control scheme second nature yet.

The real difficulty seems like it's going to be learning and grinding out all the stuff from the new systems. Masterwork stuff, CoO weapons, and now the new catalyst stuff. I'll just chip away at that over time I suppose.

Oct 27, 2017
Tried farming the D.F.A. the other night with two randos. By the second run I was already feeling like stopping. I'm PL 383 so soon enough I'm not going to have much left to do, which means no content to actually use the D.F.A. with, and Forsaken is likely going to introduce new weapons I'm going to want to be using instead with the random rolls coming back. It's just not worth running this crummy nightfall over and over again for it.

Basically out of stuff to do now once I hit 385 by probably next week. No reason to do the Iron Banner since it offers fuck all in meaningful rewards, not much reason to run the raids besides experiencing the new DLC ones I haven't played but who knows whenever I'll be able to play those. Only thing I can think of doing is the next faction rally I could join FWC and get that Sunshot catalyst.

I had my many weeks of fun though.

I was sorta hoping Bungie would scrap the entire PL (especially the number) and come up with a new progression system that dealt with it in a similar manner in which Diablo 3 does with Paragon points. Bungie would need to come up with a lot of categories beyond mobility, recovery, etc that we could improve our character little by little simply by earning XP from playing the game but with a constant way to improve and many character builds to choose and synergize with gear/subclasses/abilites.

That in combination with random rolled gear while introducing armor set bonuses/perks would have gone a long way in putting the RPG-ness back in the game in a meaningful way but alas it's evident that that's never going to happen.

At the end of the day once you hit max LL/PL in Destiny there is an emptiness feeling to it especially with no endless-type game mode that will continue to challenge you with builds and whatnot.

Last edited:

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK

I solo play quite a lot and generally I'll play crucible to get my milestones, 4vs4 I tend to do ok and sometimes you go up against a team of 4 and just get decimated, this happens also in IB 6vs6 BUT I would say more people solo queue 6vs6 than 4vs4. You have a bit more one on one fights or crazy multikill moments with a special and it suits my play style better.

I've always played quite aggressive since Destiny, when I went into Destiny 2 and 4vs4 I realised slowly that my play style had to change pretty much because of team shot strength, so when I solo queue I check out who's in my team of 4, check out if they are in party and pretty much shadow people now. 6vs6 always puts me firmly back to my aggressive play style which I just enjoy more.

Will be very curious to see if bungie go back to 6vs6 for Destiny 3, if it ever happens.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just feel no satisfaction in pvp. Every time you kill someone there's already someone else shooting you in the back. It's just constantly trading kills.

And if you ever pull off anything remotely cool it'll be by accident half the time.
I recorded and uploaded some moments from crucible in Destiny 1 but I haven't recorded shit in Destiny 2. I don't have any memorable moments in it.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land

I feel like the original maps weren't designed for it, hence why we got two remasters from D1. I don't mind it on the Bannerfall/SoT remakes, but almost every other map I can't stand 6v6.

Doesn't help that I don't like PvP in its current state with not knowing which enemy has heavy until you get killed with hit, let alone anything to fight back with.

Almost everytime I get sniped I just can't help but think "at least in D1 I could have had a sniper to counter back with but no, now I have to fight my own teammates just to get ammo for it."

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
6v6 is the only way.

Those who prefer 4v4 must perish.

The traveller wills it.

Last edited:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
6v6 is more fun than 4v4. At least there's constantly action. Too bad most randoms I played with are just shitty at PvP. They're just grinding for IB gear.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
6v6 is more fun than 4v4. At least there's constantly action. Too bad most randoms I played with are just shitty at PvP. They're just grinding for IB gear.
This is kind of how I approach PvP in multiplayer games in general. I prefer more action/core gunplay engagement to less action. The more chaos, the more engaging, and in some ways even the more tense.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
This is kind of how I approach PvP in multiplayer games in general. I prefer more action/core gunplay engagement to less action. The more chaos, the more engaging, and in some ways even the more tense.

Yea, people fear team shooting but 6v6 adds a layer of chaos with extra players so if you're good at flanking, you can avoid being team shot more often than 4v4.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I just feel no satisfaction in pvp. Every time you kill someone there's already someone else shooting you in the back. It's just constantly trading kills.

And if you ever pull off anything remotely cool it'll be by accident half the time.
I recorded and uploaded some moments from crucible in Destiny 1 but I haven't recorded shit in Destiny 2. I don't have any memorable moments in it.

It's the worst PvP to date easily

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well they added 6v6 to maps that were seemingly designed for 4v4, so something has to give. Hopefully in Forsaken Gambit counts towards whatever PVP milestones there are.

Lenz

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely on the minority but I actually enjoy the momentum of 4v4 over 6v6 in this game and it's current sandbox.

Before I get shot for saying that I also want to add that, I am not a fan of the current sandbox and agree with a lot of its criticisms. But I think Destiny 2 with a faster, more dynamic and flexible sandbox could be really interesting 4v4. 6v6 is just pure chaos, all the time. Any big plays that happen come from blobs of players colliding, everyone using surviablity abilities like Wormhusk dodge and Healing Rift and whatever doesn't get killed by the bullet hail and the Cosmology bolts walks away with 1 kill and 3 assists. Even when July hits and Quickplay becomes 6v6, that isn't going to change.

I'm cautiously optimistic about September when it comes to PvP. If 4v4 only has a place in the competitive space, I'll be kinda bummed, since competitive has been very unappealing to me throughout the life of Destiny 2.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I don't feel like 4v4 isn't even the core of the issue for those that don't like it (personally I don't mind it at all). The issue for people who don't like 4v4 is primarily TTK, as that's the reason why focus fire became a thing to begin with. The "chaos" of 6v6 is just a band aid at best, allowing more chances for a player to run into someone who's peeled off from the enemy group. But if you had a 6 man premade that roams in two groups of three, they'll run over an enemy team just the same that a premade 4 stack does.

Last edited:

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
252 glory points to go

gbvpoQp.jpg

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Was looking at the stats for various pulse rifles to see if there's anything that'd fit my style better than Three Graves and... why is Redrix Claymore comp only? Sadists.

Guess I'll try to grind out public events for a Machina Dei, see how that feels.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Man I love 6v6 its so much more fun and chaotic and I really enjoy what they did with some of the exotics but I wish they would bring up some of the legendary weapons to the same or near the same TTK. I feel like I'm at a big disadvantage rocking Colony for my power weapon kills ornament.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Posting this in here because non-OT Destiny discussions always attract idiots https://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-...bout-at-e3-and-what-they-mean-for-the-future/

Interview with some new details such as:

daily heroic story missions returning
Dreaming City having end-game content for solo PvE players that don't raid
infusing year 1 gear to year 2 levels will be expensive
sounds like strikes and milestones might be getting a bit of a shake up?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Maybe it's just beaten me down but, I've grown to like D2 PVP. Whereas I really had problems with it for the first few months.

Dunno if it's the changes (faster TTK, faster cooldowns), getting used to it, or both.

I guess to say I dont feel the oppressive teamshooting nearly as much anymore, while it still exists to some extent.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

If they pull this off this has always been my dream! Holy carp.

As I said, I feel like in many ways the raid is the greatest problem in the game (Paradoxically at the same time being it's greatest accomplishment, the thing Destiny did that no FPS ever did before).

I often dread the raid, and that's just not how it should be.

As I say though, gotta pull it off. Personally I don't have the faintest how you'd do that.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Maybe it's just beaten me down but, I've grown to like D2 PVP. Whereas I really had problems with it for the first few months.

Dunno if it's the changes (faster TTK, faster cooldowns), getting used to it, or both.

I guess to say I dont feel the oppressive teamshooting nearly as much anymore, while it still exists to some extent.

Maybe you've accidentally been loading up D1

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
If they pull this off this has always been my dream! Holy carp.

As I said, I feel like in many ways the raid is the greatest problem in the game (Paradoxically at the same time being it's greatest accomplishment, the thing Destiny did that no FPS ever did before).

I often dread the raid, and that's just not how it should be.

As I say though, gotta pull it off. Personally I don't have the faintest how you'd do that.
Yeah same. It's far too big to a time commitment for me and even when I did them regularly it was pretty annoying giving up hours of my evening to failed attempts in the early days. I did the first bit of Leviathan a few weeks after it released and that was enough.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
infusing year 1 gear to year 2 levels will be expensive

As someone who plays a ton but doesn't really raid (only have a couple of my WoW guildies who play and they are split between ps4 and pc, hard to set a time to play, etc..) this is fantastic news. As for year 1 to year 2 being expensive I don't mind farming to get my favorites up to year 2 standards as long as they are competitive with mods and such. This is my biggest fear is they won't be.

Also really wish they would allow cross save between platforms. I understand console vs pc is a no go but my friends play on ps4 and I play on both and the game is so much smoother and more fun on pc so I level characters on both lol. It would be fantastic if I could play on pc and then swap to ps4 when my friends are on and use the same character.

Last edited:

Dez_

Oct 25, 2017

I've grown to enjoy the PvP as well, both the 4v4 and 6v6 variants, though unlike D1, the multiplayer doesn't hold my interest nearly to the same degree as it once did, but the other main factor was that the people that I mostly played with did not stick around for the pvp as well. Not to say D1 was never absolutely infuriating at times, but a good amount of people that I knew playing D2 walked away mainly from the multiplayer. It's kind of a bummer.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm disappointed that it drops from any encounter in Spire. Should have been boss kill only drop to encourage more players to finish the raid.
Same tbh, I originally assumed it was and so would be like "Fucking noice" whenever a random busted it out. Sucks that it drops from the first encounter and worse, can be farmed.

D2 PVP = Faster TTK & Cooldowns?

????
Pretty sure they mean compared to launch (TTK hasn't dropped mind, there's just more shit in play that can kill quick)