• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Stolen from neoak

Uf66Yba.png

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm so glad I'm getting the grinding out if the way first. These impressions of the new content is...interesting to say the least.

deoee

Oct 25, 2017
Ymq02C7.jpg

What's that thingy?
If you shoot it it shows "immune"

Also there seems to be a bit more "secrets" in this than before

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
User Warned: Thread whining / Thread derailing.
why have people thought this time it will be better? For real, this game is done, the damage is done since release, it is a shadow of its former self...can´t understand the many times people still flock on this game, just drop it already, there is enough stuff to play for everyone...the game is completely obsolete at this point

deoee

Oct 25, 2017
why have people thought this time it will be better? For real, this game is done, the damage is done since release, it is a shadow of its former self...can´t understand the many times people still flock on this game, just drop it already, there is enough stuff to play for everyone...the game is completely obsolete at this point
Why are you wasting your time to post in here then?

pikaviz

Oct 28, 2017
How bad are the frame rates on the PS4 pro? Debating whether I even start playing again yet or whether I hold off for the inevitable patch.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

There are shit post, and then there are SHIT post. Take your own advice, if there are that many quality games to play then I am not sure how you have time to stop by here in a thread about a game you have zero interest in. Must not be that much to play that interest you I guess...

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
There are shit post, and then there are SHIT post. Take your own advice, if there are that many quality games to play then I am not sure how you have time to stop by here in a thread about a game you have zero interest in. Must not be that much to play that interest you I guess...

no shit post, that is what i think and i played the game...so, don´t know what you are getting at, i can say what i think about the game, can´t i? but have fun with the game if you enjoy it, everything should be fine for you

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
no shit post, that is what i think and i played the game...so, don´t know what you are getting at, i can say what i think about the game, can´t i? but have fun with the game if you enjoy it, everything should be fine for you

You did not once come in here and post a constructive post concerning your thoughts about this most recent content. Your post came across as "Why are you guys still playing! Just drop it already, there are better games!!! Dont be dumb!". Basically you came into a thread concerning a specific game to tell people to stop playing said game with no real thought or care put into why. I am not super happy about this content but I am also not coming in here telling people to stop playing it and throwing out lame ass one liners like "the game is obsolete" when it is obvious thats not true. The very existence of this thread alone proves that point false. So yea, shit post, a drive by shit post at that and adds nothing to the conversation except to derail it with troll like comments. Please go enjoy one of the much better games that you speak of and let us idiots enjoy our time with what we are given.

Joker Code

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Why even post here? People can enjoy whatever they want.
How bad are the frame rates on the PS4 pro? Debating whether I even start playing again yet or whether I hold off for the inevitable patch.
I been havin a few frame drops, specially on the menus. It's not bad enough to stop playing.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Overall I'm loving the expansion, so much better than CoO. Mars actually feels like a proper new destination, Warsat PE is good and Escalation is pretty great. Plenty of collectibles/adventures/lostsectors. Wish the main campaign had been one mission longer but still enjoyed it, the boss battle was really well done. In addition all the QoL changes in this update are great, not sure what people are so mad about now.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So I haven't had a chance to play the Strikes but is it real that they're just the same story missions again except for one, and that one is exclusive to PlayStation. Are they fucking serious?

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
So, I quit playing D2 after a month. Never tried the raids since had only 3 friends I used to play with.

I got the season pass and would like to get back in now, should I do anything with the first DLC or should I just jump to the content of the new one?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
So, I quit playing D2 after a month. Never tried the raids since had only 3 friends I used to play with.

I got the season pass and would like to get back in now, should I do anything with the first DLC or should I just jump to the content of the new one?
Go straight for the new one, you didn't miss much on the first and you can always comeback for that.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Liked the new final boss, didn't like the previous "let's just scale up another regular enemy as a boss" fight they did, again.
Load times on the PS4Pro seem much longer than before the patch.

I do like that there's more small things to hunt and do, should keep us entertained for awhile (except Kadey who already got them all) ;D
Now if we would only get a regular 6v6 Control playlist and 3v3 Trials back...

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Stop crying ffs, it's embarrassing.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
PXG is one of those "hobbyists". He probably did all the weekly milestones and the raid/raid lair and nightfalls and such after getting to lvl 30 and infusing all his stuff with random drops and only now is starting the actual campaign missions.

Yeah, sounds like doing the raid content really helps. Basically doing all endgame content first. Eating the pizza by the crust.

I was in the mood to raid but I wasn't seeing much happening on PC.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Campaign aside, what is the overall consensus?

You're gonna have to wait a while. The lair won't be out until Friday, no one can finish the big cooperative event on Mars yet (it seems like almost a raid scale activity in enemy strength and density that randoms will need to finish together), and Trials/Lair weapons/armor won't be available until those two events come around.

From what I've seen and played of the post campaign stuff, it's pretty good. I like Mars. I like the stuff after the campaign. The big coop activity seems exactly what I want (horde mode with objectives with up to 9 people,).

I can't lie, campaign disappointed me, but the rest of the DLC seems to be more lasting/interesting.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I don't understand but I can respect it.

PXG is one of those "hobbyists". He probably did all the weekly milestones and the raid/raid lair and nightfalls and such after getting to lvl 30 and infusing all his stuff with random drops and only now is starting the actual campaign missions.

Yeah, sounds like doing the raid content really helps. Basically doing all endgame content first. Eating the pizza by the crust.

I was in the mood to raid but I wasn't seeing much happening on PC.

I'll tell you exactly what I did:

1) Heroic Public Events on Nessus until you hit level 30. Be sure to pop Fireteam EXP boons and Three of Coins.

2) Turn in tokens (I had over 1500 raid tokens) to get to 345 light.

3) Collect Flash point and Clan XP milestone engrams

4) Do three Prestige Leviathan raids and Pools challenge. Skip Castellum and under belly chests

5 Do three Eater of Worlds raid lairs. Stop and decrypt engrams each time you go to the secret Calus chest, before Argos Part 1. After decrypting engrams, finish the rest of the raid.

6) Go back to the Leviathan and do the Castellum on Prestige, three times.

7) Complete the Warmind campaign

Obviously, between these steps, you should be decrypting and infusing your gear, especially weapons and transferring them across your characters to ensure you get higher level drops.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

Its too early to tell, since everything beyond the 3 hour campaign is a grind, PVP included. Datto's memory fragment video is up and the rewards for collecting all 45 memory fragments are....interesting. Especially for getting all 45. I'm reserving judgement on Escalation Protocol until I'm geared enough to give it a fair shot, but from watching it on Twitch, its looking like it might be another miss; it will depend on the loot desirablilty.

One universal positive - the exotic weapon tuning. So many more fun options.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

Jennifer-Lawrence-Not-Bad-Look.gif

Seems solid, but the dust is still settling. Give it a week or so. I think the DLC and patches make it a more well-rounded game, but I'd probably feel bad if I paid €35 for the expansion pass in terms of raw content.

Last edited:

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere

1) Public Events on Nessus until you hit level 30.

2) Turn in raid tokens (I had over 1500) to get to 345 light.

4) Do three Prestige Leviathan raids and Pools challenge. Skip Castellum and under belly chests

5 Do three Eater of Worlds raid lairs. Stop and decrypt engrams each time you go to the secret Calus chest, before Argos Part 1. After decrypting engrams, finish the rest of the raid.

Obviously, between these steps, you should be decrypting and infusing your gear, especially weapons and transferring them across your characters to ensure you get higher level drops.

Couldn't do all the raids today hahaha. No shade your way, I hope you try to beat HEP and tell us what it gets you.

Congrats.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

1) Public Events on Nessus until you hit level 30. Be sure to pop Fireteam EXP boons and Three of Coins.

2) Turn in raid tokens (I had over 1500) to get to 345 light.

That's...uh....that's dedication right there my son.
I am proud.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
14 hours of non stop playing. I'm beat. In bed now. Gonna take a "rest" and be back at it. Gonna do post game stuff on Mars. I got the DARCI catalyst during one of my Leviathan runs too. By the way, DARCI is BROOOOOOOKEN on Argos. The damage is insane. I definitely want to see how well it does once it's fully unlocked with it's masterwork.

The campaign was laughably bad. Like, things escalate and move so fast, it's as if nothing happens. It makes the pacing of Rise of Iron seems well thought out and calculated in comparison. And two missions are fucking Strikes...Bungie...The fuck are y'all DOING!?!

It's embarrassing. Then again, I think they put more time and emphasis in the end/ post game stuff, which is what really matters anyway. I guess I'll see if that holds true as I dive deeper into it.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It's embarrassing. Then again, I think they put more time and emphasis and end/ post game stuff, which is what really matters anyway. I guess I'll see if that holds true as I five dive deeper into it.
This is what my friend and I said last night when we played.
I feel that CoO was more of an even split between resources for campaign and for post-campaign, while Warmind has more of a 30/70 split campaign/post-campaign

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its too early to tell, since everything beyond the 3 hour campaign is a grind, PVP included. Datto's memory fragment video is up and the rewards for collecting all 45 memory fragments are....interesting. Especially for getting all 45. I'm reserving judgement on Escalation Protocol until I'm geared enough to give it a fair shot, but from watching it on Twitch, its looking like it might be another miss; it will depend on the loot desirablilty.

One universal positive - the exotic weapon tuning. So many more fun options.

Oh I wasn't looking for a full review just the initial gut reactions.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looks at the front page.... Damn, never change gaming side.

It's like Rise of Iron and TDB never happened.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Considering this expansion was delayed "So we can get it right", what was the package they were going to launch with? I'm genuinely curious which features (besides the emote wheel) where crammed in during the extra couple months they got.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Considering this expansion was delayed "So we can get it right", what was the package they were going to launch with? I'm genuinely curious which features (besides the emote wheel) where crammed in during the extra couple months they got.
I think the campaign was set but I can see all the collectibles and such being what they added.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
On PC, is anyone else's mouse acting all jumpy in menus when you're loading into an activity? It's also happened to me on multiple occasions during an activity, but the menu's have most consistently been messed up. Really weird. I'll have to try to catch it in shadowplay or something.

Tattarus

Mar 16, 2018
Italy
downloading the update right now...haven't played D2 for almost 5 months due to my friends who have all left the game after the first raid...
Hope to get hooked up again and maybe find a new group to play

Jan 10, 2018
Just got the Wormgod Caress gloves for Titan, and I think they are the most uninspired pieces of exotic gear I've come across yet. They give a slight boost to melee damage and... well, that's it. There's no new animation or special effect, no cool sound effect and the overall damage is barely noticeable.

Why in gods name do Bungie insist on developing exotic equipment this way? My fists should be on fire and enemies should be knocked back and explode when I hit them. That's the bare minimum for something that is described with the words "terror" and "burning fists".

Sigh... I just cannot understand this incredibly poor game design. It is so frustrating to witness.

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Campaign is short and nonsensical bit the missions were fun and the bossfights were good

They really should put Xol in a heroic strike of thats how they are gonna handle it

Seems like a waste otherwise for a boss i had fun with

Endgame looks robust between all the loot and actvities